Start by marking “You Weren't with Me” as Want to Read:
You Weren't with Me

You Weren't with Me

Published February 12th 2019 by Piplo Productions

To ask other readers questions about You Weren't with Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Weren't with Me

Start your review of You Weren't with Me
Tony Parsons
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Little Rabbit, & Big Rabbit are finally together after a difficult separation.
They missed each other, but Little Rabbit is not ready to receive Big Rabbit’s love.

How will Big Rabbit win Little Rabbit’s trust/love?

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers & authors, I am under no obligation to write a positive review. Only an honest one.

A very awesome book cover, great colored pictures & proper font
Barbara Ann
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book portrays a wide range of emotions. Dialogue is between Big Rabbit and Little Rabbit which represent an adult and child. The little rabbit feels upset, angry, scared, confused and sad because the big rabbit has not been apart o his life for a long time. At times the little rabbit even feels mad. He is so hurt that he wants to push the big rabbit away.
I empathized with the different emotions of the little rabbit as he struggled to understand why the big rabbit acted the way he did. The
Jade
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You Weren't With Me is an amazing book about two adults that were separated. The story follows the parent and child rabbit as they have a conversation about the separation and how it makes them feel.

We don't get to know why the two were separated but I think this is part of what makes this book so good. By leaving it open it means the book can represent whatever separation issue you face and it will help children understand why and how you both feel.

The illustrations are gorgeous with on most
Genevieve
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read to 3 children ages 5, 6 and 9 + a gift for our foster kiddos' mom. It especially helped ground and connect our 5 year old to his feelings of hurt from and confusion about being separated from his bio mom. All the kids seem to be gripped by this short book's simple straightforward animation of what it feels like to both need and be mad at a parent from whom they've been separated without clear (to them) reasons; validation for their mixed bag emotions and lands in a soft place.
Juliana Lee
For unknown reasons, Big Rabbit was not with Little Rabbit when he needed him. Big Rabbit apologizes for not being there when Little Rabbit was scared, lonely, hurt, sad, and mad. Now that they are together again, Little Rabbit isn't sure if he can trust Big Rabbit. Hugs are offered. Good book to help little ones understand their feelings and give the language to use.
Zandie
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dealing with separation.

This can help assist children in gaining a certain level of understanding when they separate from loved ones for a certain period of time. The preseason for seperation could be for example moving to live and work in a different area of seperation due to divorce.
Heidi
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a child trauma therapist, I read this book for my work kiddos! I can't wait to start using it with my clients. This book can be used for so many different types of trauma: parents going to rehab, kids being removed from their parents due to abuse/neglect, and for kids who have been separated from their parents like at the border, to name a few.
Mark Restaino
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad but Healing

This is a sad book, it made my heart ache. But I know that so many families must be dealing with this. I'm glad that there is a book like this out there. I pray that it brings healing to families.
Beth M Prewett
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful Book. Wonderful Author!
Pree Bee
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book was poignant and very important in times of crisis - especially when parents are seperated from kids due to various situations. really loved this book.

• The Selfish Bear: A story of a Selfish Bear who learned how to Share
  • Little Narwhal's Day: A Secret Creatures Book
  • Wish You Well
  • Holdin Pott
  • Positive Ninja: A Children’s Book About Mindfulness and Managing Negative Emotions and Feelings (Ninja Life Hacks 3)
  • The Dragon Talks: (Childrens books about Nonstop Talking, Picture, Preschool, Ages 3 5, Baby, Kids, Kindergarten) (Emotions & Feelings Book 7)
  • Cami, Wyatt and Kindness Too: A children's activity book about compassion (Cami Kangaroo and Wyatt Too)
  • Grumpy Owl
  • Dyno Dinosaur Family Christmas Adventures
  • Lazy Ninja: A Children’s Book About Setting Goals and Finding Motivation (Ninja Life Hacks 4)
  • Chepecho and Her Clippity, Flappity, Floppity Friends