Start by marking “The Camelot Betrayal (Camelot Rising, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Camelot Betrayal (Camelot Rising, #2)

The Camelot Betrayal

(Camelot Rising #2)

The second book in a new fantasy trilogy from New York Times bestselling author Kiersten White, exploring the nature of self, the inevitable cost of progress, and, of course, magic and romance and betrayal so epic Queen Guinevere remains the most famous queen who never lived.

EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE IN CAMELOT: King Arthur is expanding his kingdom’s influence with Que
ebook
Published November 10th 2020 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Camelot Betrayal, please sign up.
Thara Symons it's kind of complicated. there are some hints of romance, even a love triangle at some point. without any spoilers i can safely say: yes, there is so…moreit's kind of complicated. there are some hints of romance, even a love triangle at some point. without any spoilers i can safely say: yes, there is some romance, but i wouldn’t expect too much. (this is only for the first book)(less)

Start your review of The Camelot Betrayal (Camelot Rising, #2)
jessica
Nov 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is pretty much filler, but i personally wouldnt label it as ‘second book syndrome.’

i think a lot of that has to do with the content. even though it doesnt necessarily progress the plot (this is just a side quest and some new characters) until the very end, im so obsessed with arthurian myth that i could read 400 more pages of filler and still be happy with it.

again, i love the creative liberties KW has taken with the original story. i enjoyed the expansion from the foundation laid in
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
3.5 Stars

I love Guinevere and her knight, Sir Lancelot’s, relationship. They have such a strong friendship and I have to keep telling myself Lancelot is a woman as we all know Lancelot was a man. I think this made the friendship even stronger.

I have love/hate feeling about Guinevere and Author’s relationship. I love them both as people of course, but there are just ...things. I happen to like Mordred unless he does something bad in the next book.

I feel that Guinevere is slowly growing into he
Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I knew deep in my guts the second installment of the series will be so much better just like I knew I shouldn’t drive to another state for six hours for finding a theater to watch “ Tenet” or I shouldn’t try flying kick move I watched at Cobra Kai.

Anyways lessons are already learned. And after the cliffhanger of the first book, I was expecting something more action packed, giving more answers about the identity of Guinevere so I was truly excited to dive into this adventure. And I can honestly
megs_bookrack
Update: A COVER!!!

My eyes hurt, it is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

SWIPE RIGHT!!!

Original:

Dear Kiersten,

Please send me a copy of this book at your earliest convenience.

Best Personal Regards,

Meg

xoxo

P.S. I don't mean to seem pushy but I MUST REALLY NEED to find out what happens!
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

description

I LOVED THIS!!! This was such an improvement over the previous book and that’s taking into consideration that I really enjoyed that one, too! 💙

Guinevere still remains unsure of who she is and what her place is and who she can trust. She’s full of questions, yet surrounded by people who don’t seem to have any of the answers that she seeks. I, personally, really enjoyed her character growth in this book, as well
Boston
Mar 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
I need a moment...
(Full review coming soon)
Cassie
After THAT ending, I need this book ASAP. I need more of everyone, but especially those sweet G/Arthur moments. Gahhh....I ship them so hard.

TABI⁷ (ᕗツ)ᕗ
'Magic always had a price, paid now or paid later.'

description

accurate rating: 4.5 stars

(may be mild spoilers via scattered opinions in the review . . . )

Well, I'm glad I had an ARC of this to slide right into! Because this was a stunning follow-up to its predecessor The Guinevere Deception, staying in-stride with the same level of intrigue, tension, CONFUSION, lore, mystery and magic. However, I had to begrudgingly detract a bit from my rating, all thanks to King Arthur the Cardboard. I'm sorry, but no am
alana ♡
I NEEEEEEEEEEEED IT.
Melanie (mells_view)
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.5*

“Life that could turn to death with a shift of the wind. Unpredictable and brilliant and beautiful and terrible.”

I dove into The Camelot Betrayal excited for the love square, and to finally get some answers about Guinevere, not Guinevere. Unfortunately I feel like the love square lost the edge of my favorite angle 🤣, and I think we have even more questions about who Guinevere is. That’s not to say I’m not longer intrigued, because the potential triangle that is left really was built in this
Mara YA Mood Reader
Dec 18, 2019 is currently reading it
2/20/2020: We’ve got a cover! I don’t care much for it, I only care to know when I can preorder!

12/18/2019: Coming for you Kiersten!!
Caidyn (he/him/his)
I received an ARC through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

CW: physical abuse, emotional abuse, violence, and misogyny

What a great sequel! I've been anticipating it since I finished reading the first book and I'm so grateful for the ARC! I didn't want to wait until November for it to come out.

The story picks up where it left off with the fallout of the first book. As usual, I'm dancing around things for sequels because I don't want to spoil anyone's enjoyment of the first book. What I
Grüffeline
Nov 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"There are many ways to be special."

I don't really know where to start this review. I really liked this book and I am totally here for what the ending promises for the next installment (right now I don't even dare check if there's a release date yet or something because this beauty right here hasn't been out that long).
I loved the pieces of the book in which Brangien and Isolde played bigger parts and Lancelot definetly deserves better than what she gets. I understand why Guinevere chose to
Bethany
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 2.5 stars

The Camelot Betrayal was very much a mixed bag for me. I was bored to tears for the first 65-70% of the book, and then with the introduction of a new character (Guinevere's "sister") things got much more interesting. A lot happens in the first part of the book, but it doesn't really move the story forward and I just struggled to care about any of it. Part of this is that Guinevere is such a bland character and lacks personality, so when we don't have more interesting char
Emily (emilykatereads)
*waves grabby hands at this book despite having absolutely no info on it other than it's the sequel*
Jane
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

You can read all of my reviews at Nerd Girl Loves Books.

This is the second book in the exciting YA Fantasy series and it does not disappoint. The book delves deeper into Guinevere's role in Camelot. To complicate matters, the real Guinevere's younger sister shows up in Camelot and refuses to leave.

Guinevere goes on adventures in this book, which brings her closer to her maid Brangien and her knight Lancelot. Her relationships with both are tested, and come out stronger in the end. I real
Lauren
Nov 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another five star book. Sequel to The Guinevere Deception, we find ourselves once more in Camelot trying to find answers and defend our beloved characters. Who is good? Are the bad guys REALLY the bad guys? What is real?!? And then, just as the action is really going you realize there has to be a third book. Because this one is over. THIS IS WHY I DON'T READ SERIES THAT ARE NOT COMPLETE! And so, I will sit back and impatiently wait for the next book.
CeliaMcMahonReads CeliaMcMahonReads
Thank you, NetGalley for the e-arc.

In this sequel, we find Guinevere still unsure of herself, her relationship with Arthur, and her attraction to Mordred. After the events of the first book, I was so excited to see some character development and some serious antagonists. Alas, I was underwhelmed.

The pacing, for one, was way off. So much in fact that I felt jarred at the way this book was all over the place. I had no idea was the main plotline was; if there was one, it got lost in all the random.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

There wasn't much improvement with this sequel. I am still not a fan of Guinevere. She is terribly naive and I did not agree with almost all her decisions which saddens me because I thought for sure she would grow on me with the sequel but nah. It just didn't happen and that is okay. It's obviously this isn't for everyone and I am left unsure if I will read from this author again in the future. I think the only positive was the strong friendship and connection between the Q
Eva B.
Apr 27, 2020 marked it as to-read
Is that still Guinevere on the cover? She looks really different from the first one.
Alaina
I have received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have questions. So so so so so so SO many questions right now guys.

The Camelot Betrayal was a really good book to dive into. I mean, I got sucked in and each chapter and page was going by so fast. A lot happens in this book and the twists and such made me think so many things.

Honestly, so many ships and so much chemistry and sparks flying left and right throughout this book. Of course things happen that tried to sway me
Lu
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange of an honest review. Thank you so much, Random House Children's and Delacorte Press, for the chance to read and review this book.

In Camelot king Arthur is expanding his kingdom's influence and queen Guinevere is at his side, but even though she accepted this new role, Guinevere fights against the feeling of not belonging. Plagued by nightmares and lost memories, Guinevere isn't able to find her place in Camelot, not with her friends, each of them o
Marie Burton
Oct 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
4.5 stars!
I read this directly after book one, The Guinevere Deception, and I feel like this was paced a lot better.

Really well done for a second installment and brings a lot of magic along with more fairytale stories that it's hard for Guinevere to know what's real. I loved the storyline behind the newest characters and it kept me guessing as to who to trust. How it ends of course opens up an entirely new set of problems for Arthur and Guinevere that has me wishing for the final book in the tr
Martina
Nov 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25 stars.

The Camelot Betrayal is the second instalment in the Camelot Rising series by Kiersten White. The first novel, The Guinevere Deception, completely conquered my heart and I'm happy to say that I did enjoy a lot even this second book. Here we witness our main character Guinevere's personal growth and I think it was portrayed really well. I found myself very invested in the story and I was glad we had the opportunity to discover more about this world and its characters.

I know there are a
Samantha Fondriest
Never met a witch who could get herself kidnapped so many times in one book. G is always being held at knife point or being taken captive or whatnot because she constantly charges into the dumbest situations. I mostly just feel compelled to keep reading these because I desperately want answers as to who Guinevere is and what happened to her memory. The mystery is better than the plot tbh 🤷🏼‍♀️

Full RTC.

Thank you to the publisher and Edelweiss for an advanced copy of this novel. All opinions are,
Aly
What a great sequel! This is so fast paced, twisty, and entertaining. We pick up right after the first book, in the aftermath of Mordred's betrayal and the Dark Queen rising. Guinevere is trying to get over her feelings for Mordred and form a relationship with Arthur when her sister, or the real Guinevere's sister, shows up and causes some chaos.

The thing I liked a lot about this was that Guinevere isn't perfect and we see her make the wrong choice and hurt others because of her actions. She's
Kate (katereads13.blogspot.com)
Gigantic thanks to Netgalley and Random House Children's for this eARC in exchange for an honest review. This is the second installment in The Camelot Rising series and the continuation of Guinevere's story as she confronts her duties as Queen of Camelot.

I enjoyed the first book and I loved continuing with this story. There wasn't a whole lot of new information in this particular book, but it was interesting to see the characters grow. There were changes to all our beloveds in this story. I enj
Katherine
Jul 24, 2020 marked it as to-read
Can't this be a book I am given in exchange for an honest review ???
I mean give it to me already.
Seriously...
AJ
Oct 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Thank you the Random House Children's Publishers for allowing me to read an arc of this book in exchange for an honest review!

”Guinevere did not remember the stars so much as she knew them down to her soul. She had stared up at them for so long they were written on her mind where no one—not even Merlin—could erase them.“

I think this was honestly a pretty good sequel.. I felt like the the character development was well written and I enjoyed how Guinevere is still trying to find herself and wh
Nicole
Nov 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, arthurian
I am a huge slut for any sort of Arthurian tale or retelling. This is probably because I read The Mists of Avalon at an entirely too young age, but I digress. My one issue with many Arthurian retellings is that Guinevere so often gets the shaft. We all love Morgane le Fay and Nimue, but would it kill people to not make Guinevere the worst? Enter Kiersten White.

I can’t tell you how thrilled I was when I first read The Guinevere Deception at the start of 2020, back in the pre-Covid days when I was

• A Golden Fury
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • Rebel Rose (The Queen's Council, #1)
  • The Secret Garden
  • Hush (Hush, #1)
  • The Haunting of Beatrix Greene: Vol. 1
  • Broken Wish (The Mirror, #1)
  • The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass (The Girl of Hawthorn and Glass, #1)
  • Namesake (Fable, #2)
  • Fearless (Mirrorworld, #2)
  • Reckless (Mirrorworld, #1)
  • The Golden Yarn (MirrorWorld, #3)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Among the Beasts & Briars
  • Good Time (Vegas Billionaires, #2)
  • Bring Me Their Hearts (Bring Me Their Hearts, #1)
  • Find Me Their Bones (Bring Me Their Hearts, #2)
Kiersten White is the New York Times bestselling author of many books for teens and young readers, including And I Darken, Now I Rise, Bright We Burn, The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein, and Slayer. She lives with her family near the ocean in San Diego, where she perpetually lurks in the shadows. Visit Kiersten online at KierstenWhite.com and follow @KierstenWhite on Twitter.

Camelot Rising (3 books)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Excalibur Curse (Camelot Rising, #3)

Articles featuring this book