Start by marking “Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)” as Want to Read:
Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)

Kill Switch

(Devil's Night #3)

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  53,923 ratings  ·  5,825 reviews
"I've done far worse than what I went to prison for. She has no idea how bad this can get."

WINTER

Sending him to prison was the worst thing I could've done. It didn't matter that he did the crime or that I wished he was dead. Perhaps I thought I'd have time to disappear before he got out or he'd cool off in jail and be anything but the horror he was.

But I was wrong. Three
Published February 9th 2019 by Penelope Douglas LLC

To ask other readers questions about Kill Switch, please sign up.
Tajmasha I don´t want Will to end up with Alex.His history with his past love who rejected him seems more interesting.
Ana He slept with her while being underage to get back at her father and recorded it, so now I guess he partly blames her for being in prison. That is why…moreHe slept with her while being underage to get back at her father and recorded it, so now I guess he partly blames her for being in prison. That is why he was accused of statutory rape :) I can't wait for his story!!(less)

·  53,923 ratings  ·  5,825 reviews

Start your review of Kill Switch (Devil's Night, #3)
Ayman
May 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
if i could inject this book into my fucking veins, i would. anyone tried suffering a tornado? im thinking that’s gonna be my vibe after reading this book. 🧕🏼 🔫

before we get into it. id like to explain that i read for vibes only. i’m not a literary analyst. i’m reviewing this book simply on how happy it got me. and i got very very happy…

the way this book was giving the romance and the plot (at least in the last 20%) ?!?!!!! i was pulling my hair out. i felt like this book was eating my ass throug
Penelope Douglas
Jul 19, 2016 marked it as finished-writing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

NOW LIVE!!
"Six years ago, his little girl and I changed each other, and while I couldn’t change her back, I could certainly give her some new memories of me. Now that… I could do."

Amazon US---> https://amzn.to/2SmngfE
Amazon UK---> https://amzn.to/2GARbti
Amazon AUS---> https://amzn.to/2MWYxbP
Amazon CA---> https://amzn.to/2E2Isyk
Add it on Goodreads---> https://bit.ly/2Q5oczY

*It is recommended to read Corrupt (Devil's Night #1) and Hideaway (Devil's Night #2) prior to reading this book. Both are no
The Sassy Bookworm
Feb 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
description

SOAPBOX... I am seriously at a loss for words right now. I pride myself on always being honest in my reviews regardless of whether it is an ARC or a book I pay for. It is awfully hard to write an honest review if you can't tell people what things didn't work for you. I included two "small" spoilers in my review for this book. I say small because the first one the reader finds out at the very beginning of the book. <--- what makes this even MORE ridiculous. I JUST found out that you can download
mel ☽
reread4 stars

anybody else attracted to villains because

description

and im not talking about those bad boy wannabes who smokes cigarettes or has tattoos and sleeps around, but actual villains who are- how do i say this lightly.. ✨fucked up✨

TW (spoilers): sexual abuse from H's mother when he was 11-15 (there are 2 flashback scenes of this), suicidal thoughts, self-harm.

Damon Torrance (H)
"I need her to hurt me, because pain covers up pain, and if I feel one, I won’t feel the other."

the reason why
CristiinaReads❀
Sep 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
➳The dark side of Penelope Douglas has arising in this shocking "romance" of a novel, that will have you questioning your sanity...

➳Let me start this off by saying, I am a true fan of Penelope's writing and the beauty and magic she has with them by moving the mind of the reader to a whole new world. And that's why I always read her novels, I never back down from signing up for her novels or anything that she promotes. She has earned that respect from me and the admiration is there as well. I
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Kill Switch is my favorite book of 2019! Damon Torrance is a character that I went from absolutely loathing to loving with all my heart over the course of three books. The author deserves some kind of award for the way she changed my mind about his character and the depth of which she made me feel for him.

I'm telling you guys! Penelope Douglas knocked it out of the park with this one! It was everything! I have no words to fully express how much I adore this book, these characters, and this seri
• Jodi Bibliophile •
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Damon Motherfucking Torrance.
chan ☆
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
only penelope douglas could make me go from absolutely loathing a character to absolutely loving him in the span of 3 books.

this book is definitely not for the faint of heart. damon and winter both have tough pasts but there was so much beauty in their relationship. i think for me this book did a fantastic job at splicing in flashbacks with the present day to get me to care so much for these characters.

and i think the reason for their enemies to lovers relationship made the most sense out of a
B.B. Reid
I loved Damon as a villain, but I'm obsessed with him as a hero. The complexity of Damon and all the intrigue he offered is why he will forever be my favorite antihero. ...more
Chelsea Humphrey
Favorite Quotes:

"Because pain in the body quiets pain in the head. It feels good, like a kill switch for your brain."

"There are no choices. We are who we are, and we do what we do. It's nature. Like fame pieces, I will play my part, because I can't resist. I can't be what I'm not."

"You teach your daughter to hide in everyone else's world, and I'll teach mine everyone else exists in hers."

"I lowered my mouth to his ear, ready to revive his memory of how there were moments when I was the only one
alana ♡
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"He made himself the cure, which wouldn't have been necessary if he hadn't also created the disease."

Hi, I'm Alana, and I am hopelessly in love with Damon Torrance.
10/10 would let him ruin my life.

You know the feeling you get when one of your most anticipated reads of the year is even BETTER than you imagined, and now that you've finished the book you're just in this withdrawal period where you are trying to figure out what the hell you just read while simultaneously wishing you could reread it
Chenaule
May 22, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ow-drama
➼ 1.5 stars
Listen, I enjoy dark romance as much as the next girl, but this one was just beyond problematic y’all (+0.5 star bc I liked the writing). I didn’t read the trigger warnings before diving in (can only blame my own stupidity here)... and got hella triggered by some of the scenes.

description
My mental health went rapidly deteriorating after reading this shi ✨✨✨

I didn’t care about any of the characters at all, the only character I like here is Mikhail... Winter’s dog.

But let’s talk about our boy Damo
EmBibliophile
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Re-read #2 (10/31/2022) 4.5 stars

It must be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was such a messed up scary book that made me question my sanity. It’s not like I expected anything less from Penelope Douglas, her books are so addictive and always mess up with my mind. Damon’s story was really exceptional, it might be my favorite in this series so far. It gave me a huge adrenaline rush.

"He made himself the cure, which wouldn't have been neces
alluringB
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Reread rating: 4.5 ⭐️
Original rating: 4 ⭐️

I’m not surprised that I enjoyed this more the second time and I think that’s bcs I knew what to expect and I also read all the ‘past’ chapters first then resumed with the ‘present’ chapters—it prevented me from getting bored/drained with the suspenseful writing. So that’s a tip from mua .

Damon was my first ever dark hero I fell in love with. I really appreciated that PD made sure damon’s character was fully aware of how messed up he was and that he felt
Samantha Young
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I savoured this one because I didn't want it to end. I've always admired Penelope Douglas' ability to make me root for an anti-hero, but I'm blown away by Damon. He's the ultimate anti-hero but somehow I found myself rooting for him after everything he's gone through. I never forgot his previous crimes, and I don't think Penelope Douglas expects the reader to. I imagine we're supposed to hope for his own version of an HEA in spite of them, and I certainly did. This is dark romance at its absolut ...more
Wendys Wycked Words

Watch out people...."The Horsemen" are back !!

Ever since I've read the first book "Corrupt", I have been intrigued by Damon's character. I wanted to get a good look inside his head and see what the hell was going on. Out of all the Horsemen...he is definitely the most intriguing one, at least to me he is. For me...Michael is the stoic leader, Kai is the voice of reason and Will is fun and flirty one (though those are usually the most dangerous ones) and Damon...he was always the dark and insane
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
Kill-Switch

The last book in the series is coming out soon, so I felt like listening to this audio again, because when I first heard it, I didn't appreciate it enough (hey hey, relax - I had my midterm exam's!!!! 😂)

This is the third book in the Devils Night Series - and although every book is about a different character, you have to read them in order... because the previous books felt like a grand introduction for this book! 💣💣💣

📚 “𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝑰’𝒅 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕
Bookadmirer
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was ok
Nilufer Ozmekik
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
“Fear, falling, release, excitement, risk, danger, freedom”

The following ratings are out of 5:
Audio/Narration: 🎧🎧🎧🎧
Romance: 💚💙💜🖤❤️
Heat/Steam: 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Story/Plot: 📘📗📕📙📘
World building: 🌏🌏🌍🌏🌎
Character development: 😎🤨🙂🙃🤓

The Hero: Damon Torrence - Went to prison for three years for raping Winter. Though it wasn’t rape, she had been willing but underage while he was 19. Her father was the Mayor who hated Damon. Damon is one of The Four Horsemen (former kings of their high school).

The heroine: Winter Ashb
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Rereading the series July 2020 to prepare for Nightfall!

***

It’s LIVE EARLY!!! ➜ https://amzn.to/2I5xYCr

Ooooh my. Holy moly. I don't know how Penelope Douglas did it, but she made me fall for Damon's psycho ass. But I'll admit, I have an even bigger crush on Winter. I loved Kill Switch. I had no idea what to expect with Damon and his book, but PD has blown me away. I don't know how she does it every time, but she makes the most unlikable of heroes just so... terrifyingly lovable. Or lovingly terr
marwah
I DIDN'T EXPECT TO LOVE THIS SO MUCH WHATTHEFUCK
IM ACTUALLY SHOCKED OHMYGODOHMYGODNDNS
I TAKE IT BACK I LOVE DAMONWINTER
GimmeAllTheWerdssss
Feb 26, 2019 marked it as author-i-won-t-read
As if I needed another reason to NOT read anything by this author. Forcing reviewers to censor their reviews and thoughts and push them to only give positive 4-5 star reviews is just the latest. Blasting negative reviews and reviewers on her FB page in order to start an uprising to have those reviews removed still takes the cake.

Funny how her first book was called Bully and here she is bullying people....guess you write what you know.

Trolls don’t bother commenting....
Jessica
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this book. Damon was such a villain in the first two books of this series and I couldn't wait to see how Penelope would make us actually like him to read a [huge] book of his own!

Three years ago Winter sent him to prison. Now he's back. And this time, he's not letting her get away that easily.

I will say, I knew this was going to be a super long book and it definitely felt like it while I was reading it. It took more forever to get through this boo
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
<3 5 STARS <3

What a ride, I devoured it!Kill Switch was captivating,addictive,passionate,brilliant and hot!I was so anxious and at the same time fascinated to see what will happen!

Damon is an interesting and complex character, I was waiting for his book!He is dangerous,dark but he is also so much more!I don't want to give anything away, but I'm going to say I loved him so much!Winter was fantastic, one of the best heroines!I liked her she was strong!

Overall it was a fantastic read, I didn't expe
Bee
5 STARS

I’d changed her forever. I’d bent and twisted and broken everything that made her the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me.

I cannot put into words how much I loved this book. I can't stop thinking about this story. About Damon, Winter and their perfectly imperfect love journey. I cannot stop thinking about any of it, y'all!

"I didn’t want to change you. I just wanted to be a part of it all. Of everything beautiful you were going to do.”

I'm still reeling from how deeply thi
Jen
Wow! This was such an intense read! I expected it to be a challenging one due to the fact that Damon has been quite the villain in the first few books of the series. I had decided that I would majorly praise Penelope Douglas if she was able to get me to fall in love with this dark anti-hero! Well, she did that and more!!! Even though he treated his friends horribly at times, I began to emphasize with him and the horrors he endured from the time he was a little boy. It was impossible not to under ...more
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»
RATING: 5 'World within a World' Hearts! <3

description

Kill Switch is a paradigm of Penelope Douglas’ mesmerizing writing style that unceasingly and mercilessly deconstructs the dichotomous boundaries of love and hate, passion and pain, revenge and forgiveness until they coalesce into a single, potent entity that is unpredictable and shocking, yet unequivocally exhilarating in its delivery.

Ms. Douglas is masterful at unraveling the darker depths of her characters, making no apologies for affixing them with
bo

“I wanted to watch her dance, and I wanted to steal her away a thousand more times to feel her excitement and fear and live through how vulnerable and sweet she was, but… I wanted to keep her happy, pure, and innocent, too. I didn’t want to ruin her.”

Kill Switch is definitely my favorite book officially.
winterdamon omg I loved them so much with all my heart and I couldn’t stop myself from falling in love with them even more.
There were times when I wanted to hug them both so much and to prote

• Haunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet, #1)
  • Twisted Lies (Twisted, #4)
  • Twisted Hate (Twisted, #3)
  • Hunting Adeline (Cat and Mouse Duet, #2)
  • Twisted Games (Twisted, #2)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made, #2)
  • The Darkest Temptation (Made, #3)
  • A Million Kisses in Your Lifetime
  • The Devil Wears Black
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #1)
  • Tempting Devil (Sinners and Saints, #2)
  • Sparrow
  • Twisted Hearts (The Camorra Chronicles, #5)
  • Bound by the Past (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #7)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • A Vow Of Hate (A Vow of Hate, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
See top shelves…
Penelope Douglas is a New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. Their books have been translated into nineteen languages and include The Fall Away Series, The Devil’s Night Series, and the stand-alones, Misconduct, Punk 57, Birthday Girl, Credence, and Tryst Six Venom. Please look for The Hellbent Series and Motel, coming next.

They live in New England with their husba

Devil's Night (4 books)
  • Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1)
  • Hideaway (Devil's Night, #2)
  • Nightfall (Devil's Night, #4)

Articles featuring this book

Everywhere we look, fictional characters are finding their second chance at love. High school sweethearts are reuniting, one-night stands are...
“Because pain in the body quiets the pain in the head. It feels good, like a kill switch for your brain.” 81 likes
“Our life is a series of plans,” she finally said. “Days, weeks, months, years… And then, there are moments. Moments you don’t see coming and you don’t plan, but everything you need, all the things you want to feel, are in that moment.” 76 likes