Start by marking “Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever” as Want to Read:
Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever

Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever

From Bulletproof creator and bestselling author Dave Asprey comes a revolutionary approach to anti-aging that will help you up your game at any age.

Dave Asprey suffered countless symptoms of aging as a young man, which sparked a life-long burning desire to grow younger with each birthday. For more than twenty years, he has been on a quest to find innovative, science-backed
Published October 8th 2019 by Harper Wave

To ask other readers questions about Super Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Super Human

Start your review of Super Human: The Bulletproof Plan to Age Backward and Maybe Even Live Forever
Justin
Aug 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book, for free, in exchange for an honest review.

I had mixed feelings about the author prior to reading this book so I am a bit biased. I feel that Dave is cutting edge and has communicated many important health practices. That being said, he often feels kind of like Dr. Oz or similar personalities in that he often recommends things that seem to benefit him via his product lines. This book did have a bit of that which my cynical mind was looking out for (he suggested rinsing with
Kenny Parnell
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some great content, and the chapter summaries were very helpful. I would have loved to see a ranking of bio-hacks at the end given there's such a large number of things to try and the variable costs involved. Something like "If you can only afford X..."
Khôi Trần
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was amazed by his belief of living to 180.
He's so confident in his method that it brings him the audacity to reverse aging and achive longevity.

In overall to become a centenarian, basically you need to:

+ eat well: listen to yourself, do not eat anything that your body cannot absorb, because that is the seed of cancer.

+ sleep well: track your sleep habit, nail it at least 7 hours in your 20s. Could be 6.5hrs if you are in your 30s and afterwards.

+ excercise: just pick a sport to follow along a
mjelle
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I'm a big fan of Bulletproof coffee and Dave in general but I take the information he shares in this book with a grain of salt. I say this only because Dave is not a doctor nor a scientist. I can't agree more with cutting out sugar and carbs to help you live longer but some of the supplements suggested is what makes me skeptical. There are A LOT! If you want to do exactly what Dave is doing to live until you're 180 years old, you have to have A LOT of cash and no aversion to needles. It seems th ...more
M. Nasiri
Dec 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: medicine, science
Biohacking method for a healthy diet and life.
Jonathan Trotter
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summary of his best work

For those that are familiar with Dave and his work, this book may seem a bit redundant. However, it offers an abundance of resources that are neatly organized. Best of all, he gets directly to the point and empowers you to do your homework on the subjects that you are interested in.
Andrew Brady
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Lots of lists drugs and supplements to take to make yourself feel better.
Michelle Bartlett
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
An interesting take on biohacking. I appreciate his rigorous research and the fact that he actually tries almost everything he talks about. Some of the advanced methods he suggests are beyond what most people have access to, but he comes from an informed place. I can also acknowledge that it’s up to me to do my own due diligence before blindly accepting everything in a book.
Alex
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
I deeply love Bulletproof coffee and adore Dave Asprey's enthusiasm. He is willing be a guinea pig for health experimentation. I respect that level of gusto. His thinking is progressive and ideas 100% pragmatic.

His first Bulletproof book and cookbook were fabulous and doable. With each published book, his ideas and suggestions become a little more out there and unattainable to the regular people of the world.

Honestly, I can barely find the time to make Bulletproof coffee, let alone try all the
Taylor
Oct 22, 2019 rated it liked it
So much promise on many techniques and supplements that it's exciting to apply preventatively for a healthy amazing life. So called biohacking is a great approach to fill the gap in a system where doctors are not incentivized to truly get to the root of issues and get beyond what the book refers to as average. It's a great resource for what's on the edge as a starting point.

This covers a lot of good stuff to try that's emerging and not part of our focused on disease and not performance focused
Antoan Mihaylov
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down one of the best health and science books I've ever read. If you want to reduce your risk of dying from the most common "old age diseases" or are just curious of what the world has to offer in terms of anti aging and health than this is the book for you.
I love how much research is put into this book. Dave really knows his stuff and there is something for everyone here. He goes from biohacks that cost nothing to some that still cost a fortune. But the best part is that the more
Howard
Jan 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The latest book wherein Dave details his quest for longevity, which I and many others share, does not disappoint. The book has an engaging narrative, sure, but what's best are the specific action items. Think about taking x of this x times per day. Dave is careful not to offer any specific medical advice, because that would be both illegal and unethical, but he offers plenty food for thought, and a huge amount of notes to allow you to follow the research trail, if that's what makes you tick.
I bo
Rick
Mar 13, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure ... I could only read the first half of the book. You could really get by simply reading the one page chapter summaries. That said, there are some realistic ideas that can benefit, and be relatively easily implemented by, the average person. The second half goes into what seem to border on recommendations that some may consider to be irresponsible. Lots of single study & somewhat experimental hacks that I would not act on even if I could afford to. He’s basically a human guinea p ...more
Richard Meehan
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Most definitly had to pick and choose chapters. Chapter 9 was good.
Teresa
Apr 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
Lots of good information and hacks for living longer. I definitely plan to incorporate a number of the suggestions to repair damage to my body and to make way for a longer more healthier lifetime. His research has been long, deep and wide from his early teenage days of trying to fix his body that had suffered from living in mold conditions to his now over 40 years old current objective to live to 180, to his understanding of how the body functions and its properties, and his search for solutions ...more
Meredith
Oct 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great starting point for being healthier. I have to admit that after section one on how to stop the bad habits we typically have that are causing us to age, I tended to lose the thread. I’m going to have to improve those habits (some of which I hadn’t even thought of, or at least not in this way) before I come back and attempt any of the supplements or therapies the author suggests to reverse aging and “age like a deity.”
Susan
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just wow! This book is jam-packed with information, all backed with scientific research. But more amazing is the fact that a vast majority of it was also self-tested by the author himself. Either he is the sickest person in the world or the healthiest.... lol. Since I read this as an audiobook, a lot of the information passed me too quickly to fully absorb so I plan to read the hardcopy book as soon as I can get my hands on one.
Alex Moskalyuk
Feb 10, 2020 rated it liked it
It's a useful read, but I think it would benefit from some comparative critical reviews. A lot of the subchapters toward the end of the book read like the marketing copy for supplement or chemical - everything is awesome and everything worked out great.
Nicole
Feb 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Love this book. Ideal for those wanting to inprove their long term health and longevity. I have read and reread this book.
Bobbi Schmitt
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dave is all in! Grateful he’s sharing all his knowledge and experiences. I definitely have some things to look into because I’ve felt and seen changes in my body over the years that I’d like to change.
Manny Jimenez
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great comprehensive book for anyone looking for EVERY advantage when it comes to living well for a long time.
Tim Hill
Interesting, but a lot of limited-study, and single-anecdote "evidence" ultimately rather disappointing and unconvincing. Still, some interesting ideas and discoveries make it worthwhile.
Dalton Chamberlain
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: longevity-health
SPECTACULAR! By far one of the most incredible books I have ever read in my entire life. The writing from Dave Asprey is put together so well that I couldn’t stop reading not just for the fact of the interesting information, but also the honest and down to earth way the book was organized.

I have taken more notes while reading this book than any class in college, or any book prior. I plan to use the lessons I have learned in this book to not only share with everyone in my life, but also apply to
Doug
Apr 15, 2020 rated it liked it
I wish people would write books like this without having things for sale. I'm always skeptical of everything anyway, but when I know you sell a product (and you make it abundantly clear in your book), I barely believe anything you say. Especially if you're touting how much better your product is than another.

At any rate, this was a fun read for biohacking. I'm not sure 90% of this book is anything but pure story -- most of the evidence for whether or not something worked was whether or not this
Dogukaan Satir
Jan 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
TL DR: The advice given in the book doesn't give trust because of the author's commercial style, didn't finish.

Generally says the key to reducing aging focuses on improving mitochondrial health and efficiency, his blog posts and the core advice are given in this book are conflicting.
Keeping in mind he promotes his products the advices he gives in this book didn't give trust.

No doctor would say eating 4 scoops of protein powder daily is healthy, too much protein consumption causes inflammation in
Vanessa Princessa
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book thanks to Blinkist:

The key message in these blinks:

Actionable advice:

Gain ten years by aligning your jaw.

Most of us are used to dentists telling us what t
Lara Panfilov
Feb 29, 2020 rated it liked it
I love learning about ways to lead a healthier, more fulfilling and better life, which is why I was so intrigued when I heard about this book on Jay Shetty’s podcast On Purpose. I immediately went online and purchased it. That being said, I have some mixed feelings about this book. It was definitely very fascinating to learn about all of the techniques, supplementation, and methods that Dave Asprey uses in his quest to live more than 180 years and even age backward. I admire his commitment to hi ...more
Synthia Salomon
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Understanding mitochondrial efficiency is the key to making choices that foster longevity. You can age backwards and even reverse cellular damage by practicing a cyclical ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting, and also by tracking your sleep quality and hormonal levels. You’ll not only feel younger - you’ll look younger, too!
Actionable advice:
Gain ten years by aligning your jaw.
Most of us are used to dentists telling us what to do so that our teeth will look good. But what many dentists don’t
Joan
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I always like Dave Asprey, whether on his podcast or his books. He is VERY out there on some stuff, but he admits that himself - and he gives you alternatives on how do tone things down from his uber biohacking trials, so that's always a plus.
I don't find you have to do everything he says or the way he says to do it and anyone who thinks he's telling you you have to is too sensitive, he's always just saying how HE sees things.
Because I can look at it this way I always find many things I can look
MacArthur Peterson
Aug 12, 2020 rated it liked it
In Super Human, the self-proclaimed “Godfather of Biohacking” Dave Asprey does a great job clearly and concisely articulating some of the BEST ways to improve your health and performance.

This book is GREAT for anyone new to the Biohacking scene, and will certainly pique your curiosity. For anyone who’s been biohacking for years, this is old hat.

Don’t get me wrong - still read it. It’s about a 2-3 hour read, so you will not regret wasting your time.

My only critiques: A bit surface-level, not w
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To
  • Boundless: Upgrade Your Brain, Optimize Your Body  Defy Aging
  • The Switch: Ignite Your Metabolism with Intermittent Fasting, Protein Cycling, and Keto
  • Do Breathe: Calm your mind. Find focus. Get stuff done
  • Limitless: Core Techniques to Improve Performance, Productivity, and Focus
  • Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential
  • Food Fix: How to Save Our Health, Our Economy, Our Communities, and Our Planet-One Bite at a Time
  • The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age
  • Widen the Window: Training Your Brain and Body to Thrive During Stress and Recover from Trauma
  • The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives
  • Messengers: Who We Listen To, Who We Don't, and Why
  • The 3-Minute Rule: Say Less to Get More from Any Pitch or Presentation
  • Spirit Hacking: Shamanic Keys to Reclaim Your Personal Power, Transform Yourself, and Light Up the World
  • The Only Skill that Matters: The Proven Methodology to Read Faster, Remember More, and Become a SuperLearner
  • Regenerate: Unlocking Your Body's Radical Resilience through the New Biology
  • Stillness Is the Key
Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley investor, computer security expert, and entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $250,000 to hack his own biology. He upgraded his brain by >20 IQ points, lowered his biological age, and lost 100 lbs without using calories or exercise. The Financial Times calls him a "bio-hacker who takes self-quantification to the extreme of self-experimentation." His writing has been p ...more

News & Interviews

“making small changes in your environment can really ramp up what’s possible for you. Perfection not required.” 2 likes
“less stress equals less aging.” 2 likes