Start by marking “Random Acts of Kindness” as Want to Read:
Random Acts of Kindness

Random Acts of Kindness

The true-life tie-in to Good Sam, the bestselling novel and Netflix film (coming soon):

A disabled veteran in Oregon opens his front door to find that an anonymous Good Samaritan has left him a brand-new riding mower.

In Oklahoma City, a woman who has just lost her job is amazed when a stranger swoops in and pays for her groceries.

In snowy Boston, warm blankets mysterious
Published March 26th 2019 by Melrose Hill Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Random Acts of Kindness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Random Acts of Kindness

Linda Zagon
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Linda’s Book Obsession Reviews “Random Acts of Kindness” “Inspiring True Stories” by Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco, March 26, 2019

WOW! WOW! WOW! Kudos to Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco, authors of “Random Acts of Kindness” for this inspirational, emotional, gratifying unique, and amazing collection of “Random Acts of Kindness”. These are short examples of people from all backgrounds, ages, occupations, and talents, who haven given from their hearts, not expecting anything back in return. These ac
Rebecca Rosenberg
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful non-fiction companion to Good Sam, Random Acts of Kindness is a current Chicken Soup for the Soul. Really enjoying these stories-- great solace in tough times. Just bought a bunch to giveaway!
Rebecca Rosenberg
A wonderful non-fiction companion to Good Sam, Random Acts of Kindness is a current Chicken Soup for the Soul. Really enjoying these stories-- great solace in tough times. Just bought a bunch to give as gifts!
Bette Crosby
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this collection of stories about the better side of human nature. I understand that it was the inspiration for Dete Meserve's novel "Good Sam" and I can see why. This is definitely a "feel good" book that you will find yourself picking up more than once.
Kathy
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Random Acts of Kindness by Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco is a breath of fresh air! We live in a world and society that too often focuses on negative news. This collection of true stories is a refreshing look at ordinary people who saw others in need and stepped forward to meet the need, or who did something to benefit the world and make it better. They did so not for personal gain or recognition, but because it helped others, and was the right, and caring thing to do.

How amazing it would be if e
Bea Williams
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are entirely my own*

A group of college students bring a young cancer sufferer a pizza – resulting in a long-lasting friendship...

An elderly woman finds joy in sewing dresses for impoverished children...

A stranger buys a new van for a disabled woman who desperately needs it...

One boy devotes his life to inventing things that other people will find useful, passionate about the idea of improving the w
Debbi Smith
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished my copy of Random Acts of Kindness. It was a most amazing book. The stories tug at your heartstrings and will make you feel better much better about the world we live in.
I recommend this book to anyone who is feeling depressed or just needs a pick-me-up. It will do the trick.
Maria V.
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A collection of real stories of kindness.

I really liked this book and found it inspirational. It is a collection of kindness stories - from a lady that helped more than 250 neglected dogs to a group of three guys that go to the grocery store just to pay the cart of somebody in need.

A light and quick read that will elevate your spirit and encourage you to do some more good.

(Thank you to the publisher for allowing this book to be viewed on NetGallery!)
Heather Bennett
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Random Acts of Kindness is a collection of uplifting stories that reminds us that there are some nice people in this world. These stories will remind you that something small you do could make someone's day change in a instant.
Devorah Heyman
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the stories in this book. The people are so kind and loving. It is hard to read without crying because the stories are so positive. It gave me ideas on how to be a better person and pay attention to what is going on around me. I think that if more of us would become aware of the suffering of others, we might be able to eliminate it.
Liz Butler
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Random Acts of Kindness is a collection of uplifting stories that reminds us that there are a whole lot of good people living amongst us in the world. In the midst of the crazy and negative world we live in, it's refreshing to read about people's kind and selfless acts. This is somewhat reminiscent of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books from way back when.

I received an advance ecopy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Susan (The Book Bag)
Random Acts of Kindness should be required reading for everyone. I'm serious! It's packed with uplifting, beautiful, and heartwarming stories showing the goodness of people. It's always a heart-warning thing to read about positivity in our world where there can sometimes be so much negativity.

Over and over, the random acts written about in this book started out as just a small thing, something someone saw to help one other person, or a small group of people. And then that idea blossomed into a m
Laurie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started reading and couldn't stop! Each chapter is uplifting, heart-felt and will make you remember the "good" in this world!
It is the small moments that bring about happiness to another and kindness will prevail if we continue to encourage it.
Truly a book that you can open and start reading wherever you find yourself in these pages! I believe we should all have a copy of this wonderful story book. Love it!
Miss W Book Reviews
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Random Acts of Kindness by Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco is inspiring, emotional .
This book is filled with short stories of people from all backgrounds who have given with the expectation of nothing in return. I was crying at these pay it forward stories.

This is a well written book that will warm your heart and the collaboration between the two authors is fantastic. I especially enjoyed the motivational inspiration quotes provided by the authors.

"Goodness is the only investment that never fails
Lynda
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing and inspiring collection of stories to make you feel wonderful! Dete and Rachel have gathered stories of regular people who go out of their way to spread kindness and love. With each story, I was sure that it was my most favorite; but without fail the next story evoked the same emotions!
Not only do I want to start spreading all the same love and goodwill; but I want to buy this book for all my family and friends so they can feell the same sense of hope in this world! Maybe there
Bryony Nelson
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This is such a beautiful and needed book. With everything that goes on in the world, especially recently, this will definitely raise your spirits and help you believe in humanity once again.

These stories had me laughing, crying and just feeling proud of the people and their stories. It proves that a lot of us really do take things for granted but that being kind to each other is so important. I hope everyone gets a chance to read this one!

Thank you to NetGalley for providing this ARC in exchange
Mandy Schwartz
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Random Acts of Kindness is an incredible read! S book filled with feel good stories of people helping animals an each other. This book makes you think about how important it is just to help someone out by just giving them a man up. Highly recommend this book!
Kimberley
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book I highly recommend a box of tissues as I laughed and cried while reading the stories. There are so many wonderful acts of kindness and paying it forward. I loved each one but the special gift for the disable vet was a special one and the special gifts and friendship for the child with cancer.
Rebecca Akins
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was quick and simple but brought a huge smile to my face. Happiness is what this book exudes. My personal motto comes from the Disney live action Cinderella, “Have Courage and Be Kind” and this book is full of individuals that fully encompass this saying. I am so glad I read this book.

I also wanted to note that I loved the inclusion of famous quotes about kindness at the end of each story.

**I received an E-arc of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest re
Teri
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have absolutely no idea how anyone was capable of writing this book without shedding buckets of tears! I found myself weeping over the beautiful acts of service devoted to making the world simply a better place. These real life Good Sams are nothing short of angels walking among us. Absolutely beautiful and so inspiring.
Gina
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to NetGalley for the ecopy of this book for my Kindle.
The stories are inspirations to anyone who reads this book. There was only one story in the book that I was familiar with, so it was interesting to read so many "acts of kindness" stories.
People from all types of backgrounds and areas throughout our country touch people in need whether it's a physical need or a kind word. This books shows readers that all of us can pay forward or show acts of kindness every day of our lives.
What an up
Rebecca
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Random Acts of Kindness was a sweet and heartwarming compilation of real life acts of love both given and received. It was uplifting and inspiring, and I teared up several times while reading it. I am already dedicated to committing random acts of kindness, but this book definitely reinforced my principles, and I hope it inspires others to do the same.

I don't want to include any spoilers in my review, but I do have to say that my favorite story was about Lillian Weber, the 100 year old woman wh
Alina
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I usually give my reading preference to fiction, but I decided that this year I should give non-fiction books another try, and I am very happy to start with "Randon Acts of Kindness".

This book combines multiple stories from across the US that unites people of different age, ethnicity, and status. And the only factor that unites them is a desire to help others. Each person described in the book has different reasons that pushed them towards their act of kindness. Each story is unique, heartwarmin
Sue
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I think that everyone needs to have a copy of this book close at hand. That way when you feel all beat up over news stories about the cruelty of people to other people and animals, you can pick this book up and read a few of the wonderful stories about people doing random acts of kindness for strangers. Reading about these acts of kindness will help remind you that there really are fantastic people in this world.

This book is full of inspiring true stories from people of all ages who want to help
McKenzie/literarydragon
For this and more reviews visit my book review blog at https://www.literarydragonreviews.web...
I was provided with an arc of this book by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
If you ever find yourself wondering what is wrong with human beings that they feel the need to be so cruel try reading Random Acts of Kindness by Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco. This book is a collection of uplifting stories about people getting caught being kind. Each section is short but concise. The collection cover
Bambi Rathman
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational, heartwarming, uplifting! This book will renew your belief in the kindness and generosity of people all over the country. These are amazing stories that touch your heart and bring tears to your eyes and warmth to your heart as you read the difference kindness makes to people. The ones giving and the ones receiving...it changes their lives so much.
As I read the book, I have been inspired that even small acts of kindness can make someone's day so much better. I will look for opportu
Zoraida Luciano
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW, what can I say, I’m almost speechless which doesn’t happen often! I won this book during a Live release party on Facebook. I was thrilled and honored to receive this book.
Thank you to Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco for putting the many inspiring stories into book form. We hear so much of the bad that happens in this world that it was a relief and eye opener to hear such present day Acts of Kindness that we don’t often hear about.
These stories left me feeling so many different emotions. Joy
Lisa Hudson
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
INSPIRATIONAL!

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS by Dete Meserve & Rachel Greco should be required reading for EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE! We are surrounded and bombarded 24/7 by all the horrific atrocities that place all over the world. Two authors have decided to flip the switch and spread Good News for a change. In a mere 135 pages, they manage to share many inspirational stories of life changing random acts of kindness. As you read, you will be challenged to examine your own life and consider what random
Karina
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco, authors of “Random Acts of Kindness” have given us a book that shows us this world we live in is not all bad. This book will make you cry with tears of joy. The selfless acts that are happening counteracts the negativity in this world. There are really good people that do things out of the kindness of their heart not for recognition or gain. If we all did one random act of kindness a day this world would be a better place to live. Kindness attracts kindness. This i ...more
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Random Acts of Kindness" contains dozens of feel-good stories about ordinary men and women who saw a need and chose to fill it. Dete Meserve and Rachel Greco chronicle these kind acts in this book.
The writing is engaging, and the book is enjoyable to read. I appreciated the quotes about kindness at the end of each chapter. I was surprised, though, that all the random acts of kindness included in this book have received national attention, and I am already familiar with most of them. I was hopi
« previous 1 3 next »
Dete Meserve is the award-winning, bestselling author of Good Sam and Perfectly Good Crime. Her this novel, The Space Between, will be published by Lake Union Publishing on July 24, 2018. When she’s not writing, she is a film and television producer in Los Angeles and a partner and CEO of Wind Dancer Films.

Meserve has been fascinated by the stars ever since she first saw the Milky Way arching ove