Start by marking “Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)

Girls of Storm and Shadow

(Girls of Paper and Fire #2)

In this mesmerizing sequel to the New York Times bestselling Girls of Paper and Fire, Lei and Wren have escaped their oppressive lives in the Hidden Palace, but soon learn that freedom comes with a terrible cost.

Lei, the naive country girl who became a royal courtesan, is now known as the Moonchosen, the commoner who managed to do what no one else could. But sl
Published November 5th 2019 by Jimmy Patterson Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan
    Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
    Release date: Nov 05, 2019
    Enter for a chance to win one of 10 hardcover copies of Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan

In this mesmerizing sequel to the New Yor

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 10 copies available, 3000 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 04 - Nov 18, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Start your review of Girls of Storm and Shadow (Girls of Paper and Fire, #2)
    Chaima ✨ شيماء
    Love is a sacred word reserved only for rebel girls and their warrior girlfriends, aka Lei and Wren
    may ➹
    ...2.5 stars

hello I’m May but I go by “Eternally Crying Over This Rating” now
    Natasha Ngan
    Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
    This book contains: an epic journey, dark magic, stormy seas and blistering deserts, cute queer boy demons, fancy parties, politics, betrayal, badass girls with swords, declarations of love that come too late, secrets and fears, hope and devastation, battles at midnight, stolen kisses, glorious feasts, shattered lives, and scenes that will both make and break your heart. Prepare yourselves 😈
    ✨    jamieson   ✨
    May 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
    remember when I read the entire first book in one day good fucking times I cannot wait for the sequel. and for my lesbian warrior mums to return
    Elise (TheBookishActress)
    Jun 01, 2019 marked it as please-give-me
    love is real and it came up to me at a Starbucks and punched me in the face
    Tucker
    Mar 15, 2019 marked it as arcs-to-read

Many thanks to Julie at jimmy Paterson for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

happy book birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    ************
    I just noticed that Natasha said in her review that this book is full of "cute queer boy demons" and my gay heart is already palpitating
    ************
    It's here and I am so glad I got the coverless ARC because.. this cover.. is... not my cup of tea..
    ************
    WE HAVE A COVER AND I AM QUAKING IN ITS BEAUTY!!! actually, after a lot of thinking, i hate this cover 🤷
    ************
    Please let November come sooner! I NEED more Wren and Lei!!!

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Buy this book
    Iris
    Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
    ***Pre-review #2***

OH. MY. GOD. This cover is absolutely stunning and I am 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

I don't love it *quite* as much as the first cover, but at the same time it is GORGEOUS and I CANNOT STOP STARING AT IT.

Productivity? What is that? Why bother doing anything responsible when I can just stare at this cover all day long instead?

***Pre-review #1***

This book may not have a release date, cover, or title yet, but it's sure as hell one of my most anticipated releases regardles/>
    ellie
    Mar 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
    petition to rename this book "gays of storm and shadow" because that's basically what it is
    Ashleigh | Wild Heart Reads
    This cover watered my gay crops and cleared my gay skin 😍
    Maja  - BibliophiliaDK ✨
    ENJOYABLE BUT SLIGHTLY UNDERWHELMING 🙃

Like with the first book I had a feeling that this was somewhat unoriginal. It had some clear The Hunger Games vibes - girl becomes figurehead for resistance, girl gets a (strange) 'codename', girl doubts whether resistance is actually better than established ruling faction. Also, it had some world-building problems. Still, I enjoyed the characters, the overall direction of the story and the LGBT representation.

👍 THE THINGS I LIKED 👍

Bo!: Bo was such a/>:/>👍
    Natasha
    *grabby hands* I NEED IT

Update: WE'VE GOT A COVER GAYS AND IT'S GORGEOUS
    julianna ➹
    Siri, please translate [a thousand dying screams] into english for me because that's it. That's the review

(Also, May is lowkey disowned)

buddy read with the scourge of all human creation

anyways :) the heavens looked down favorably upon me and the publicist decided to give me a physical arc of this (after I wrote a five body paragraph essay in my review request)
    ;3
    May 25, 2019 is currently reading it
    alexa play heart eyes by coin because this cover just transcended all other covers
    The Nerd Daily
    Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by AB Endacott

Note: This review contains spoilers for Girls of Paper and Fire. You can find The Nerd Daily’s review for it here.

When I finished Girls of Paper and Fire, I thought it a beautifully written book set in a fabulously intricate fantasy world whose plot had a few things that bothered me. My consensus: a good book that I’d definitely recommend but not necessarily rave about.

Then it kept intruding into my thoughts.
    Romie
    *screams into the void* I'm fine, I swear I am. I'm fine I'm fine I'm fine I'm fine I'M FINE. but maybe I'm fucking lying.
    Kate (GirlReading)
    Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: fantasy, lgbtqia-rep
    From the characters and the world to the society and magic system, everything about these books is beautifully crafted and captivating.
    Although I admittedly didn’t love this as much as book one (which is unsurprising, considering how much I loved book one. Although I do worry this somewhat fell to ‘middle book’ book syndrome, as I was a tad underwhelmed) I still thoroughly enjoyed it and am ridiculously excited to see how this trilogy is going to conclude. I’m just devastated I’m going have to
    Alice
    May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
    4 stars | video review ~ 13 min

*single tear* Last year, Girls of Paper and Fire came out. This year, I was lucky enough to have my request for a Girls of Storm and Shadow ARC granted by the publisher! I was super excited to receive this in the mail, so thank you Little, Brown and Co. for sending GOSAS to me.

If I was lukewarm about GOPAF, I am pleasantly REELING from GOSAS. Natasha pretty much gave me everything I asked for at the end of GOPAF in GOSAS. Color me impressed!

Notes: I/>*single
    Aaryn Flott
    May 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Oh that cover is delicious!!!
    Hollis
    There was a quote I immediately thought of when I finished this book. It comes from Pitch Perfect 3 courtesy of Anna Kendrick who says :

"Oh, honey, that was.. we didn't like that at all."

I'm not as disappointed about this as I might have been had I actually liked book one to begin with. But I did hope the story, or plot, would transition into interesting avenues, or at least properly process trauma and/or grief. And it didn't. I feel like little to nothing actually even happened in this/>"Oh,
    Elena
    Jan 19, 2019 is currently reading it
    3/5/19
    GIRLS OF STORM AND SHADOW

also,,, that synopsis is what i'm living for. "warrior love"
    milou  ☕️
    y'all this cover is bringing tears to my eyes
    Laura ☾
    Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    *Thank you to the publisher and Netgalley for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review *

★★★★★ 4.75 stars

Picking up Lei and Wren's adventures where Girls of Paper and Fire left off, Girls of Storm and Shadow is a bold piece of brilliant storytelling. It is a tale of political warring, with shifting alliances, intrigue, complex dynamics in an empire in turmoil and the heart-wrenching choices the characters are forced to make and paths they have to travel as a result.
    Carrie
    Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: netgalley
    Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan is the second book of the young adult fantasy Girls of Paper and Fire series. This fantasy series is one that continues the story onward that was started in the first book so it is highly recommended to begin the series with the first books, Girls of Paper and Fire.

While this is a young adult fantasy series again I must stress these should be for the more mature audience. There are several things included in the series that deserve a bit of w
    Beth
    Why does it have to end like that?!

WHY DID SO MANY OF THE THINGS HAPPEN IN THIS?!
    ———-
    I can’t believe I’ve got an Arc for this! I know what my first book of October is going to be :))
    Lena
    Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
    So dang hyped for this. Come at me beloved pain

..............................

That cover tho oh my God 😭😭😭❤❤❤
    I would do anything to have an ARC of this!
    Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
    *4.5
    Not long ago, I was a girl of paper and fire. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let a little bit of snow smother those flames.

Thank you so much to Natasha Ngan for an autographed ARC at BookCon!

Also, a shoutout to Raena, the librarian who runs the monthly YA book club at my local library who gave me her ARC of GoPaF when she heard I had an ARC of this one so I'd have a matching set, Angel bless her.

*inhales*

*screams*

This book. THIS BOOK! GoPaF was excellent, but I enjoyed/>Also,/>Thank/>Not
    Tova
    Jun 16, 2019 marked it as 2019-releases
    Guess who got an ARC of this book? ME!!!!!!

Being a bookseller really does have its perks.

GoPaL: *ends like how it ends*

Me: this is absolutely
    not funny, delete
    this immediately
    or my lawyer will
    be in contact

Natasha: lets do it
    baby, i know
    the law

I don't understand this meme, but I'll use it however unironic it is.

Also, I realize how priviledge I am to have access to an ARC, but I am going to wait unt
    ilsa➹
    Aug 01, 2019 rated it did not like it
    girls of paper and fire - 1 star
    girls of storm and shadow - 1.5 stars

GOD I'M SO GLAD THIS IS OVER

this series is so tiring and boring and stupid and pointless...this book had NO PLOT. I just read 400 pages...and I'm like "that's it? that's the book?" because it was so STUPID. an entire book of lei

literally, point out ONE thing they accomplished in this novel and i will be surprised. they did little things, like finding allies, but the entire book was people just keeping secrets, and action scenes that lasted way too lonstars
    GOD
    Emily (emilykatereads)
    "Wren and I might not be Paper Girls anymore, but we are still capable of creating fire.
    And now we have a whole
    world to set ablaze."

OH BOY. I thought the first book gave me everything I needed with wholesome queer girls together in an amazing fantasy story?

We forget what else gets me goin'.

MORALLY GREY BADASS FEMALE CHARACTERS.

And this book is full of them.

I don't want to say too much about the specifics of this, because well, spoilers, but oh boy, do I love a good morally-grey/>MORALLYworld
    N (they/them)
    Jan 19, 2019 marked it as unreleased
    THE COVER HAS BEEN DROPPED AND IM SCREAMING
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    ~~~~
    THAT TITLE

MAKES ME

SO EXCITED

IM GRIHGRIHHIER

also it's being released on nov 5th and that's officially g
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
    • Other Words for Smoke
    • The Naida Tapes (The Dead House #1.5)
    • Tarnished Are the Stars
    • Chosen (Slayer, #2)
    • Sick Kids in Love
    • Practically Ever After (Ever After, #3)
    • Wounded Magic (Conspiracy of Magic, #2)
    • The Silvered Serpents (The Gilded Wolves, #2)
    • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
    • Untitled (Wrapped, #2)
    • Song of Sorrow (Sorrow, #2)
    • The Lost Witch
    • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
    • Slay
    • The Worst of All Possible Worlds (The Salvagers, #3)
    • Reverie
    • Fables: The Wolf Among Us, Volume 2
    Natasha Ngan is a NYT bestselling author and yoga teacher. She grew up between Malaysia, where the Chinese side of her family is from, and the UK. This multicultural upbringing continues to influence her writing, and she is passionate about bringing diverse stories to teens. Natasha studied Geography at the University of Cambridge before working as a social media consultant and fashion blogger.

Sh

Girls of Paper and Fire (3 books)
    • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
    • Untitled (Girls of Paper and Fire, #3)
    “She is my air. My shelter. Wren is my wings.” 1 likes