Start by marking “Meant to be Kept” as Want to Read:
Meant to be Kept

Meant to be Kept

(Meant To Be #1)

One night. One too many drinks. One mistake. That’s all it took to derail my marriage.

Now, all I can do is beg for a second chance. To try and redeem myself in a bid not to lose the love of my life.

I’m determined to use every second, every moment I have to show my wife how much she means to me—to rebuild the trust I shattered.

But the har
Published January 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about Meant to be Kept, please sign up.
Amelia Foster
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Meant to be Kept
Tianna✸loves books✸
Updated Review

So Tanner and Isabelle are a happily married couple with two kids. One day while partying with his brother he kisses some random woman after too much drinking. He doesn’t remember any of this as he was too dazed. He just know what his brother said about that. Obviously Tanner was very ashamed of that and he immediately tells his wife about it.

His wife is obviously very disappointed due to this.
I could totally relate to her. I don’t even know what I will do if m
Kiki
Jan 22, 2019 marked it as avoid
Debbie DiFiore
Lots of groveling here

They had been a couple since college and married right years and he went off for a weekend with his brother to a rodeo. Afterwards he drank too much and made out with some groupie and he was freaked out. The book opens with him returning home and telling her what happened. I'm between all the current drama, there is the story of how they met and fell in love and their life prior to that. Since I knew before I read it that he had cheated with an anonymous ho and at leas
Evie Drae
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay, my lovelies, I’m extra super-duper excited to do this review, as the author happens to not only be one of my writing group besties, she’s also my in-real-life bestie. I’m so ridiculously proud of Amelia Foster for landing a publishing contract for her debut novel, Meant to be Kept, as well as TWO OTHER CONTRACTS for two separate books set to be released in the next few months! That doesn’t even include the other three books in her Meant To Be series that’ll be forthcoming from Limitless Pu ...more
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to start with a huge and sincere congratulations to Amelia Foster and her debut novel, Meant to be Kept. Really, just, wow! This novel is about the amazing love story between Tanner and Isabelle, the huge hurdle that they face, and the lengths Tanner goes to in order to keep them together as husband and wife. Told in dual points of view and flashing back and forth between the past and present, author Amelia Foster provides an in-depth look into where Tanner and Isabelle started, how their ...more
Felicia Grossman
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful debut romance. It starts with a marriage in trouble. The story, however, is told through brilliantly crafted dual timelines, showing the parallels of the couple's young love story of the past with their present story--one in which they work to find their way back to each other after one of them (Tanner, the guy) massively screws-up.

Now, one might think in a story like this it'd be hard to love the hero, but the author draws him so well that you are on his side pre
Maggie
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
Meant to be Kept was a touching and romantic contemporary romance. The story kicked off with Tanner’s admission of an indiscretion that he had while he was out of town. The story seamlessly weaved through the past and the present to showcase Tanner and Izzy’s love story. The plot was profound and meaningful. The story brought out the truth that sometimes in our hectic life, we forgot to show appreciation and cherish the people around us, especially our loved ones. It prompted me to make an effort ...more
Becky Baldridge
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
To be honest, I didn't think I was going to like Tanner at the beginning of this story, but as I got drawn in, I liked him more and more. He made his share of mistakes, but the lengths he goes to in making things right are absolutely swoon worthy. Tanner and Izzy's love story is an emotional one, and the author did a brilliant job of pulling me in and making me feel every one of those emotions. The anger, the fear, the hurt, the determination, the love, and the hope, I was right there with this ...more
Pamela
Tanner and Isabelle have a marriage that is in trouble due to Tanner's huge mistake. This story is told from Dual points of view and flashes from past to present. I really enjoyed this heartbreaking, redeeming story of love and second chances.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Kimberly
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line, and the story is a well written read. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is a past to present heart wrenching read that has action from the start.

Marit
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This past to present heart wrenching, beautifully written story drops us into the action from page one. It took hold of me and had me flipping through the pages to see how Tanner and IF Tanner could rekindle the love that was threaded through.
I loved the idea of this story, that we get into the grind of daily life and need to remember to cherish what’s precious.
Izzy is the perfect lead, flawed, a little broken but wonderfully relatable. Tanner, despite his mistake, is swoon worthy. And their c
Luna Joya
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this in literally a day and a half, devouring it. It has all the things that are NOT my tropes, NOT my interests, and even had a trigger warning. Yet I loved it. I couldn't put it down.

Cheaters. Hate them. Still, this story brought it all around to making you root for this couple to figure out their mess, reconnect, and make it work because they deserve each other for a HEA.

Married Couples? Rarely read them. Because, let's face it, those of us who have been with th
Louise
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Meant To Be Kept is a beautiful romance centred around the relationship between Isabelle and Tanner, college sweethearts, best friends, and husband and wife. When Tanner admits an indiscretion Isabelle’s world falls apart and she wonders if she will ever be able to trust her husband again.

The story slips seamlessly between past and present. Past shows how the couple met and fell in love and then the story flips to present day just after Tanner tells Izzy what happened on a drunken ni
Hannah
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This totally did not work for me. It's not badly written at all and I am sure different readers will enjoy it but I sure did not. Part of why I am reading such a variety of romance novels right now is to figure out what I enjoy and apparently books that are mostly about one partner grovelling because they have been horrible is not my jam. I found Tanner unbearable - I just cannot deal with men who think they need to solve every problem for their wives.
Anna
Mar 14, 2019 added it
Dnf
Too sugary for me. Don't want to have diabetes
Jen Davis
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cheating is a hard pass for some readers, no matter what the circumstances, so be warned at the outset, the issue is the starting point of this entire story. But the cheating isn't what the book is about--this is about what happens to a marriage after it's fractured and how the couple got to this place to begin with.

Meant to Be Kept is really two stories told in tandem: present day, where Isabelle learns her husband kissed another woman, and in the past where we follow the evolution
Crystal
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book it showed me that love isn't everything and you shouldn't take each other for granted
Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
2 ⭐⭐ - Meh!
=============
“Before I say anything else, you need to know I didn’t sleep with her…”

“What do you mean you didn’t sleep with her?” she bit out between clenched teeth. “With who? And if you didn’t sleep with her, what did you do with her?”

He swallowed again. “Kissing her. Touching her.”

“You don’t get to touch me after you touched her.”

Tanner Carlisle was important with a capital “I.” He was a key player on not only the football team, but the baseball team. He was the shining hope for the fledgling athletic departmen/>
Tanner/>“You/>He/>“What/>“Before
Maureen Marshall
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an utterly sweet story! I enjoyed the alternating timelines leading up to simultaneous climaxes, and Tanner and Izzy definitely deserved their HEA and each other.
Coco.V
Jun 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (6/28/2019)! 🎁
Cocktails and Books
Good second-chance~ish romance with a married couple desperate to reconnect. I appreciated the past and present view of the couple to help give a more rounded understanding to their relationship, but it felt like the story could have ended much sooner since Izzy was so quick to forgive Tanner at every turn.
Alice Rachel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful, heartbreaking story! It was truly emotional and well-written. I loved the chemistry between Tanner and Isabelle. I'd never wanted a cheating character to fix things so badly before. I cried a bunch.
reeder (reviews)
DNF at 24%

The problem with many cheating spouse romances is an inadequate grovel. This book has the opposite problem: excessive grovel for inadequate cheating.

Our couple were college sweethearts who have been together for 12 years, married for almost 8, and have two kids. He goes away for a rodeo weekend with his younger brother (little bro rides bulls) and the next thing he remembers, little bro is hauling his drunken lips away from a blonde in a bar where they had been celebrating
Lydia H
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW

I feel like every married couple should read this book. Every romance reader should read this book. Every hopeless romantic should read this book. Every lover of second chance romances should read this book. Frankly, everyone should read this book! Wow, just wow.

Emotional, heartbreaking, and full of real life lessons, Amelia Foster's debut novel is an absolute must-read!! I was completely hooked to this book from the moment I started reading it.

My heart broke and healed right along Be
Becca
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sweet (love scenes are open door but not explicit) romance that flows between the early days of the relationship and the saving of that relationship. Love the Carlisle family.
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
*I received an eARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

3.25 Stars
MINOR SPOILERS THROUGHOUT:
This book had a concept that fascinated me because when you traditionally read a book, a character that cheats is public enemy number one. Think about all the times when you have read a book where the main female character's husband would be a cheating dog, would leave him, and how you would cheer her on. You would probably say something like "you go girl!". Well... what d/>
Catherine Edward
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An emotional read by Amelia Foster.

This is the first story I'm reading from this author. I was quiet vary of reading it because it tread over a sensitive topic. But I wasn't disappointed once I read.

Meant to be Kept focuses on couple Tanner and Izzy. Their married life is nothing short of love, but things take a turn when Tanner does something unacceptable in a drunken haze.

He returns home with a guilt that's eating him alive and the very foundation in which t
Homebody
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
From the blurb you know there is cheating and for some that is a turn off. Tanner did a not so smart, drunken thing and one would be prepared to hate him for it. But I didn’t, and here’s why, he owned it. From the very beginning Tanner owned his mess up and all the proper groveling ensued. Yes, he was drunk, but no he didn’t use that as an excuse for his behavior or to try and play it off as not a big deal. I was prepared to dislike Tanner, but he made it impossible.

As Tanner and Izz
Tanya
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He made a big mistake, he had one drink too many and he had a one night stand. He has destroyed his wife trust. He wants her to forgive him but he soon realised it is going to be much harder than he thought it was going to be. Will he succeed? See if he can

Martha Moran
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ripped my heart out

Amelia Foster sucked me in and made me love these people. I laughed and cried and hurt and loved right along with them. Whew! I survived it and am glad I read it.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Anything Once
  • Being Neighborly
  • Swimming Naked (A White Picket Fence, #2)
  • Luca's Lessons
  • Beauregard and the Beast (Once Upon a Vegas Night, #1)
  • Love Repaired
  • Slower: Book Two Jake and Louana
  • My Big, Huge Mistake
  • A White Picket Fence (A White Picket Fence #1)
  • Sex. Love. Marriage.
  • Appetites & Vices (The Truitts #1)
  • Faster: Book One Jake and Louana
  • Have Mercy
  • The Lists (Not Broken)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Not Broken
  • Dalliances & Devotion (The Truitts, #2)
  • The Things We Need to Say

Meant To Be (2 books)
  • Meant to be Different
“She smiled softly, and his heart stopped beating at the sight. “You’re pretty good at this whole taking care of me thing.” Tanner swallowed down the emotion clogging his throat. “And you’re damn near perfect at this whole loving me thing.” 0 likes