Start by marking “Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)” as Want to Read:
Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)

Season of the Witch

(The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina #1)

From the creator of RIVERDALE comes the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, a new NETFLIX series based on the classic Archie comic series. This prequel YA novel tells an all-new, original story.

It's the summer before her sixteenth birthday, and Sabrina Spellman knows her world is about to change. She's always studied magic and spells with her aunts, Hilda and Zelda. But she's
Published July 9th 2019 by Scholastic Inc. (first published July 4th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Season of the Witch, please sign up.
Uche You don't need to. The book is self-contained. Knowledge of the show might make certain events more meaningful but isn't necessary to understand the…moreYou don't need to. The book is self-contained. Knowledge of the show might make certain events more meaningful but isn't necessary to understand the book. (less)

Start your review of Season of the Witch (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #1)
Pie
Jan 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
i would read sarah rees brennan's grocery list
Amanda
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
The POV chapter from Harvey's brother, Tommy, DID ME IN. I was not expecting that. ...more
Ben Howard
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
me when i heard they were making a prequel book to caos:
˗ˏˋ janet ˊˎ˗
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I decided to pick this up because I missed watching my favorite witch & co. It definitely didn’t disappoint and I’m glad for that. The book proved a quick short read and was a good read. Most of the book is written in first person but it does have alternating third person chapters focused on different characters and their thoughts. I really liked that because we know first hand how Sabrina feels as well as what the other characters think and feel too.

None of the characters felt ‘out of
Sophie (Blame Chocolate) *on hiatus*
Season of The Witch by Sarah Rees Brennan

Read the full review and more at Blame Chocolate.

A big thank you to Scholastic for the review copy. This has not influenced my opinion in any way.

I laughed hard, got a bit teary-eyed, aaaawww’ed a lot, and wanted to rewatch The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina by the time I was done. This is a TV tie-in done amazingly well and I’m so glad I got to read it

I went in with super high expectations, craving for something to bring me back all that spooky cosiness Sabrina made me experience last year,
Eri
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
I would literally read anything sarah rees brennan writes
☼ rachel ☼
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Scholastic in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

You can see this review and many others on my Blog

I really enjoyed this prequel novel to Netflix's show "Chilling Adventures of Sabrina", and I think it's perfect for anyone who really likes the show. Personally, I really liked the show, so I think that somewhat goes into my enjoyment of this book. It's a very cute and fun YA/Middle Grade story about a girl who is half-witch and half-mortal.
Yvonne Olson
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you're a fan of the television show, you'll enjoy this immensely. Sarah Rees Brennan managed to write a book that had the same eerie and beautiful setting of the show.

This book is a prequel to the show, leading up to Sabrina's dark baptism. There is character growth and some backstory you don't get from the television show that makes the characters even more well-rounded. The relationships between Sabrina and her family are highlighted more, and her relationship with Harvey goes on a bit of
Mari Johnston
Jul 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This review and many others can also be found at Musings of a (Book) Girl.

Meh.

That one word pretty much sums up how I feel about Sarah Rees Brennan’s prequel to the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Netflix series. Book adaptations of movies and shows are always a risky thing to do. Season of the Witch isn’t the worst I’ve read, but it certainly wasn’t the best.

Everything about this story was very flat. You are definitely able to read it without having first seen the Netflix Original show. There
Jessica | Booked J
Blog | Twitter | Instagram

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Series:
Season of the Witch :
Daughter of Chaos: TBD
Path of Night: TBD

Review was originally posted here at Booked J. As always, a copy of this book was provided by the publisher or author in exchange for participating in the blog tour/my honest review. This does not effect my opinion in any way.

"Power shouldn't only be in the hands of those with cold, fickle hearts. If I wanted better magic, I had to make magic for myself."

We all
Leah
Sep 04, 2019 rated it liked it
The characters here matched the show perfectly, and for that, I applaud Sarah Rees Brennan. I imagine that was incredibly hard to do. I particularly loved the other characters chapters. They were the highlight of this book for me, and I think that's just because we see so much of Sabrina in the TV show. It was great to see outside of her story. I loved the formatting of this book, but the black pages (with white letters) had my eyes straining a bit.

This did take me a bit to get into, and I
Therese
Jul 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
i've never seen a single episode of sabrina, but if sarah rees brennan is writing it then i'm reading it and that's that \_(ツ)_/ ...more
Jackie
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was ok
Disappointed it couldn’t hold me at all. I’ve tried numerous times to get into this novel but I think it’s time to give up
Luv
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's great to get back into this world again, whilst awaiting a new season. I loved the different POV's, especially Tommy's and Ambrose's
Brooklyn Tayla
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
My book reviews, the most recent being "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Season of the Witch" can be found on my book blog:
brooklynthebookworm.wordpress.com

I recieved a copy ofThe Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Season of the Witchfrom Scholastic Australia in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts are my own.
I absolutely loved this book! I’ve only really just this week started watching the Netflix Show that this book was written as a prequel of, and truly, it was done so brilliantly!
Rachel
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
I actually bought this book because it was pretty cheap on Amazon and I had been watching the TV series. Considering how the show doesn't have the best writing in the world I had no expectations. I guess that's why this book has been a delightful surprise to me. All the things I missed in the show, I found them here. I loved how we get to see more of Ambrose and his relationship with Sabrina. Also Zelda or Prudence's more vulnerable side. All in all, this was a good reading.
Regan
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks for making me cry on an airplane, SRB. Again.

This is really good.
Gabriela Pop
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3.75/5
I think the book(s) may add a lot more to my enjoyment of the TV show, so I'd highly recommend them to everyone who wanted just a tad more from the story and didn't quite feel like Netflix delivered. The writing style and choices offer for both a fun, whimsical storyline to follow as well as really in-depth heartfelt character moments. If I were to be completely honest with both you and myself, I'd have to admit that it was the character moments and the peeks into their inner lives that
Skyeofskynet
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good shit.
Not the plot. To be honest the plot could be absoulety about anything and it wouldn't change much about the whole thing.
But Sarah Rees Brennan recreated the voices of the characters perfectly. And what's more important, she recreated what is going on in their heads perfectly.
But reading white font on black pages was pure horror.
Amanda
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: witches, fantasy, horror
“I mean, launching into deep philosophical conversations about, like, feelings… I normally just have sex with people, or curse them, you know, normal stuff…”

the harvey/nick scene was… a lot
Blue
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am all for the darkness of Sabrina the TV show and I thought it would be interesting to see how that dark element would be delivered into a book but yet still have a light heart feel to the darkness so you don’t feel as though you are in a morbid horror written by Stephen King (not that there is anything wrong with that!) However Brennan pulled it off!
This prequel to the TV show fits in perfect and you can tell that Brannen has researched the characters and they types of personalities they
Books.and.brews_
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you so much @scholasticau for sending me a copy to read and review :)

First let me just say that I haven't watched the Netflix series, but now that I've read this I am definitely going to too, I need to know more of Sabrina's adventures! (I did use to watch the old school one with Mellissa Joan Hart!)

This was a really fun and easy to read story about a girl that is half mortal and half witch who is leading a "somewhat" mortal life until her 16th birthday when she undertakes her dark
Tracy (caffeineandcurses)
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I couldn't resist but read this after spending my youth (many, many moons ago) watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch - you know the one? with Melissa Joan Hart? anyway, I digress.

This book was a really fun read! It picked up pace from the start and got straight in on Sabrina and her time before she becomes a fully seasoned witch. I really enjoyed getting to know Sabrina and how it all started. The book was broken up nicely with it mostly from Sabrinas POV, with the darker pages being clear markers
Anniek
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm pleasantly surprised by this book. It was such a fun, quick read! It's a lot darker than Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which I used to love as a teen, and I have to say I thought that was a huge pro, especially since it's handled in such a light, funny way. It's definitely not a scary book. I had a lot of fun reading it. The biggest surprise for me was that it had a lot more depth than I initially expected it would, and there's a lot of development in the novel. I always love family ...more
Yolanda Sfetsos
Originally published at Kendall Reviews.

It’s no secret that I love the Netflix series, the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Two awesome seasons, a holiday special, the comic books—I’ve watched/read them all.

When I found out a prequel novel was going to be released, I pre-ordered it ASAP and started reading almost as soon as the lovely book arrived. Now, thanks to Kendall Reviews, I get to share my thoughts with the world.

Summer is slowly coming to an end and Sabrina Spellman still isn’t sure if
emily
Oct 16, 2019 marked it as tbr-priority
haven't watched the show, haven't read the summary, only adding this to my tbr because it's by the eternal legend Sarah Rees Brennan, but mark my words I WILL be reading this book
Chelsea
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great insight into all the characters. I can really get such a good understanding of them now when I watch the show.

It tells you all the ins and outs of their personalities that you don’t always get to see on screen. I loved the chapters about Ambrose and Harvey.

Now I can go and re watch both of the seasons on Netflix
Christy
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first started reading, I thought, “Do I really need a prequel to the TV show when I’ve read the comics? When I watched the original TV show?” I almost didn’t move ahead.

That would have been a mistake.

I really loved the chapters from other characters, especially Tommy’s chapter. Giving him that chapter made the entire book worth it.
Chriss
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic prequel. Fitted in brilliantly with the comics. A must have for any fan of the series. I'm glad Sarah Rees Brennan was the one to write this story, she did a brilliant job and deserves more than five stars. 13 stars all the way. Can't wait for the sequel. Off now to binge watch the show.
J. D.
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Summary:

During the summer before her dark baptism, Sabrina gets herself into some less than ideal situations.
She casts a love spell on her boyfriend that she quickly comes to regret. When she falls for a river demons trick, she becomes possessed. Even her run ins with the weird sisters tend to be less than nice.
While dealing with all this, she is also plagued with the guilt and indecision about her dark baptism and leaving her mortal life behind.

Personal opinion:

A great prequel to read before
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Maple Murders (Riverdale, #3)
  • Get Out of Town (Riverdale #2)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Occult Edition
  • The Day Before (Riverdale #1)
  • Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Vol. 1: The Crucible
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch
  • Runaway Max (Stranger Things, #3)
  • Sabrina the Teenage Witch (2019-) #5
  • Pumpkinheads
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • Disney: Belle Takes Flight
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • Pan's Labyrinth: The Labyrinth of the Faun
  • Les 7 vies de Léo Bellamy
  • Blossoms: 666
  • Now Entering Addamsville
  • Le Manoir des Sorcelage (Wicca, #1)
  • Sabrina The Teenage Witch (2019-) #3
Sarah Rees Brennan is Irish and currently lives in Dublin. For a short stint, she lived in New York and became involved with a wide circle of writers who encouraged and supported her, including Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. She has developed a wide audience through her popular blog, mistful.livejournal.com, where she writes movie parodies, book reviews and some stories.

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (3 books)
  • Daughter of Chaos (The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #2)
  • Path of Night (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, #3)