Start by marking “Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)

Mr. Frosty Pants

(Home for the Holidays #1)

Frosty former friends get a steamy second chance in this Christmas gay romance!

Can true love warm his frozen heart?

When Casey Stevens went away to college four years ago, he ghosted on his straight best friend, Joel Vreeland. He hoped time and distance would lessen the unrequited affection he felt, but all it did was make him miss Joel more. Home for the holidays,
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 314 pages
Published November 7th 2018 by Leta Blake Books

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Frosty Pants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Frosty Pants

Start your review of Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Mr. Frosty Pants is a holiday story and features Christmas trees, wreaths, ugly sweaters, and snow.

But it's more complicated than that.

When Casey left for college four years ago, he ghosted his friend Joel. Coming out to his snobby parents was hard enough. Casey didn't want to risk Joel's wrath. He didn't trust enough, even though he'd been in love with Joel for eons.

Joel is prickly and standoffish. He is not an easy character to like, but because the story is told in a dual POV, we see that
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I love, love, love Leta Blake, but Mr. Frosty Pants exhausted me.

If you like angst that is unrelenting, this is for you. Joel was hard to like, and I have a soft spot for a curmudgeon MC. Joel was such a downer, and I get why with a dad like that, but I had to force myself to pick up the book and keep reading at times because I wanted to avoid living in that negativity.

I'll admit, the sex was hot. Leta always brings it with the heat, and she always delivers with her virgins (my fave). But the
Eugenia
NOT a fluffy holiday romance......

Let's get some things out of the way:
1. Leta Blake is one of my favorite authors.
2. I've read everything she's written save a couple books she's co-authored.
3. I nabbed this title straight away expecting a holiday comfort read based on the cover and title alone.
4. I saw the word VIRGIN in the blurb and started drooling.
5. The SEX scenes were HOT---there's no doubt that's what you'll get with a Leta Blake book.
6. I rooted for the guys at the end.

So, why the three
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***2 Stars***

First thought after finishing the book -->Holy hell I'm exhausted!! This whole book is like a gloomy, cloudy, rainy, depressing day where you're hoping that one day you'll remember what the sun looks like.

Do you see my excitement below before reading? Do you? Can you imagine how disappointed I am that this book ended up being a big bummer for me? UGH!

It was really hard to truly like anyone in this book...well except for Becca (Joel's current best friend), she was a total scene
Jan
Nov 21, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf
Recommended to Jan by: Catherine
Shelves: lgbtq
@50%

I’m giving up on this since it's been dragging for days.
I don't really know what's wrong with it. I just know that I couldn't care less about what's coming up next. I feel disconnected not only from the characters but also from their story. Even the angst is weak, Casey as the rich boy who feels lonely and Joel with an abusive father, which BTW didn't work for me at all. In fact, the fact that his father is in a care home and still manipulating Joel’s life it's kind of a joke. Demanding
Keira Andrews
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and sweet Christmas romance! It’s a treat to get a full-length holiday novel, and Leta Blake delivers the feels and two compelling young men who get a second chance at love. I edited this book.
Bev
I love me a good angsty read, what I'm not a fan of is angst for angst's sake like I got here. I didn't really connect with the characters, IDK ... there was just something missing with this one.
Sheri
Dec 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mny
I waffled a bit on this one.
I enjoyed it but then again, it wasn't my favorite.
I love a good second chance story.
I love first love stories.
And yet I was distracted at times.
I liked the guys. I was happy for them.
But at the end, I was just feeling...okay about it.
Certainly not bad by any means but nothing I wish to ramble and rave about.
Maybe it's simply a MNY book.

*3/3.5 stars*
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

My first holiday read of the season. You can't go wrong with Leta Blake. And while I can't say I loved this one, it was good. And I liked it.

It was a bit less angsty then we normally get from LB. But it *is* a holiday read sooooo I guess that makes sense. It was maybe a bit *too* sweet and lovey-dovey at times.

But overall, likable characters and story and I'm glad to see this will be a series.
Mindy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, christmas
This was a great Christmas book. Just what I need to get in the the spirit. Not to fluffy or sweet, just right.
description
Vanna
3.75 Stars!! I love holiday romances.. because they are low-angst, sweet, steamy and short.... This was sometimes sweet , and very steamy.... but it put me through the wringer as far as angst is concerned. AND, it was full length... so super long.... I did end up liking it however, but Joel's story depressed the heck out of me
Nevertheless, the story of best friends Casey and Joel from different classes of society, finding love after 4 years of estrangement was well-written. Casey despite his
Lyn
Audio - 4 Stars
Story - 3.75 This was kind of depressing Stars
Annery
***4.5***
I usually don't do Christmas Christmas books, by which I mean that it can be set around Christmas, the characters can be all in with the Christmas spirit, but I'm not keen on the whole Christmas Miracle thingy. (yes, that's the technical term). This was a book set at Christmas and it melted my iceberg heart and I shouldn't be surprised because it's Leta Blake.

This a sweet story of two boys kept apart by prevailing social conventions, economic class, and some pretty shitty parents.
Ariana
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, ku, christmas
*3,5 stars*

This is likely a case of ‘it’s not you, it’s me’. I love Leta Blake’s books, I love the way she writes.
But despite the excellent writing, this did not speak to me the way I hope it would.

The title sounds light, but the book deals with pretty serious issues. So if you are hoping for a light and fluffy Christmas story, I don’t think this is it.
I did not mind that at all, but somehow the book did not gel for me, if that makes sense??

For me Casey and Joel do not have that special spark I
Elsbeth
DNF at 50% so no rating

description

I really hate to DNF but I just can't anymore. It's taken me a week to get to this point. More importantly it's making me grumpy.. Grumpy like Joel. I couldn't connect with either of the guys.

Gawd.. I need something uplifting now.
Debra
Since I like angst even in my Christmas stories this one was right up my alley.

I adored the way Joel and Casey came back together after 4 years of no contact after Casey went to NYU. It's Casey's first trip back home and he makes it his mission to find Joel. While Joel is definitely frosty at the start, the two actually talk and open up and it's the start of more than they ever hoped for. I was happy to be there as the relationship evolved; they were best of friends before Casey left, even
Cadiva
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
As ever with a Leta Blake romance the narrative has a twist of spice to go with the sugar and an undertone of bite which brings human frailties along with the love.

Joel was a complex and complicated character who had only firm convictions of his lack of worthiness to keep his emotions banked hot and the fires in his belly alive.

I loved reading how Casey's unwavering commitment - once he had decided that he was just as much in love with Joel as he had been four years earlier - began to break down
⚣Michaelle⚣
Sweet and slow-burn sexy holiday romance.

For some reason the MCs seemed a lot older than they were supposed to be, but I guess for Joel that fits given how much he's had to take on in his short life and the burdens he's carrying. (Ironic given he's actually the more "innocent" of the two as well.)

Both sets of parents had me at wits' end; Casey's with their arrogant snobbery & social climbing ways, and Joel's hardhearted dad always lashing out with homophobic rants & petty criticisms.
Alisa
I really enjoyed this. Second chances, friends to lovers, a bit of angst, a broody mc. Lot's of good stuff.
CaRo
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome christmas second chance love story - normally I hate second chance love stories but it works surprisingly well for this one. And I have a soft spot for grumpy frosties.
Chris
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I really enjoyed this - it was a sweet romance... Casey & Joel adored each other as teenagers but were frightened to admit their feelings. Both boys parents were morons who were either physically or emotionally abusive. Casey moves away to go to college while Joel struggled to manage life and keep his head above the poverty line. When Casey returns four years later after working through his issues with a therapist he does the first thing he’d wanted to do four years before... to find Joel ...more
Gabi
Loved it!
At first the story felt a bit speedy. But Casey and Joel were always in love with each other, they just skipped 4 years, because reasons. And all they needed to do is to admit their feelings for each other. So in a way I didn't mind that the first kiss came sooner than I expected.

I thought the poor guy/rich guy aspect would throw me off, but to me it wasn't too much. But I do feel the need to warn you, that it's a big part of the story, Joel being the poor guy who grew up on the "wrong
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I can't put my finger on what, but something kept me from fully enjoying this story.

I think I had the worst time believing the depth of feelings these two had for each other. They were just 22 which meant they were nothing more than children when they separated.

It just didn't read easy to me and I don't think I had a lot of fun.

I did like the idea of it and I enjoyed how the boys took charge of their lives and well, grew up. The story was good and the sex was hot it just was not the Christmas
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
I'm just here for the hallmark, cookie-cutter, Christmas cheese. Did I get that? Hell yes I did. Did I love it? Almost.

Not gonna lie, Leta Blake was so close to doing everything right for my Hallmark loving, beige bitch heart.

It is script number 48934793 when it comes to Christmas romances. Rich city boy comes home to small town for the holidays, runs into his old crush at a tree lot --Christmas parties and romance ensue. Let me just say, I love script number 48934793. I love all the hallmark
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Sad to say, my excitement over the release of this book, the cover, and the blurb were the best things about this story. I love Leta Blake's work and I'm so disappointed that this just didn't click for me.

Joel and Casey were ill-fated best friends in high school. They each loved the other but didn't say anything. One lived in a home behind the others and it was as far apart socioeconomically as it was possible to be. The other side of the tracks, almost literally.

Joel lived with a nasty
.Lili.
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-holidays, m-m

Holiday Romance Leta Blake style.

What do I mean by that? Holiday romances are typically feel good and sugary sweet, and while there's plenty of happy in Mr.Frosty Pants; we do also experience a sprinkle of Leta Blake angst. I would've perhaps liked a bit more angst, or maybe it's just that that's what I've come to expect from LB? Either way, there was plenty to like in this holiday story.

Highlights:

-Steam
-And a
Denise H.
**** Casey warms up Mr. Frosty Pants. ****
Joel and Casey were almost a couple in High School, but Joel remained straight, due to the hits his father dealt. Now, Casey is back from school, NYU, before moving on to Wharton business school. These two meet up, but it's full of tension. Joel admits now that he is gay, but not out yet. He's a complete virgin, male or female, and is willing to give it up for Casey.

There is lots of angst, inner thoughts, and past history details. There is also
Karen
Who says you can't go home...

When Casey Stevens left home four years ago...going home really wasn't high on his list of priorities. He's ghosted Joel Vreeland the only reason he'd want to go back...but now four years later he's missing his straight best friend more than he'd have thought possible.

When Casey finally comes face to face with Joel he gets a less than friendly reception... more like a very frosty reminder of how difficult it was to be friends with Joel.

Joel and Casey have a lot to
Rachel
Nov 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
11/27/19 Currently FREE via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Frosty-Pant...
DeAnna
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until almost 2 a.m. to finish this one!

• The Christmas Deal
  • A Boyfriend for Christmas
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Santa Daddy
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • Beautiful Dreamer (So This is Christmas #1)
  • All I Want for Christmas...Is My Sister's Boyfriend
  • Hometown Christmas
  • Christmas Angel (The Christmas Angel, #1)
  • All I Want Is You
  • Stuck with You
  • Beautiful Temptation (So This Is Christmas #2)
  • Defrosting Jack (Ice and Snow Christmas, #4)
  • The Night (Love in O'Leary #5)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas
  • Angels Sing (Daddy Dearest, #2)
  • A Soldier's Wish
Author of the bestselling book Smoky Mountain Dreams and the fan favorite Training Season, Leta Blake's educational and professional background is in psychology and finance, respectively. However, her passion has always been for writing. She enjoys crafting romance stories and exploring the psyches of made up people. At home in the Southern U.S., Leta works hard at achieving balance between her ...more

Home for the Holidays (2 books)
  • Mr. Naughty List (Home for the Holidays, #2)
“he should ask Becca. She knew stuff no lesbian had a right to know about men’s bodies,” 0 likes
“It was the one thing in the world that had been theirs alone. The bench.” 0 likes