Start by marking “I Ain't Doin' It: Unfiltered Thoughts From a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart” as Want to Read:
I Ain't Doin' It: Unfiltered Thoughts From a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart

I Ain't Doin' It: Unfiltered Thoughts From a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart

Social media comedian Heather Land uses her trademark sassy, laugh-out-loud humor to remind us of the many ways that real life can be really funny.

Heather Land has something to say about almost everything in life—the unbelievable, inconceivable, and downright frustrating—and why she “ain’t doin’ it.” In her first book, Heather shines a light on the (occasional) ridiculousn
Published May 7th 2019 by Howard Books

To ask other readers questions about I Ain't Doin' It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Ain't Doin' It

Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Before anyone gets it twisted and starts throwing the term “hater” at me or saying (once again) that I suck turtles, let’s get something real clear. I am the target demographic for this woman’s viral videos, can relate to allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of them and have been pushing her on my friends for years. When I heard she was branching out into an actual traveling stand-up show I couldn’t have been happier and I was also the on
Ashley
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
Thank you to Simon & Schuster/Howard Books and Netgalley for the chance to read I Ain't Doin' It: Unfiltered Thoughts from a Sarcastic Southern Sweetheart by Heather Land.

Humor is 100% subjective and I often have a hard time finding "funny books" humorous, but luckily Heather Land's wit is right up my alley. I tend to enjoy visual humor more, with funny lines accompanying a person's body language - that's what gets me rolling. I enjoy Heather Land's humor for that reason, her eye rolls, acce
Stacie
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I hadn’t heard of Heather Land until I was offered a copy of her book. So, I started following her on social media. The short videos that she posts on Instagram and Facebook using the wide-mouthed filter made me laugh every time. Land verbalized the thoughts I was having about whatever particular dilemma or issue that I was frustrated or annoyed with…usually to do with parenting or running into people out in the world. At the end of every post, she says, “I ain’t doin’ it.”

After following Heathe
Meredith
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I expected this book to be funny, I did not expect it to be as sweet and wise and poignant as it was. Well done, Heather...keep it up!
Kristin Marie
Jun 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
An odd combination of humor faux-pas and autobiography. I think either would have been successful stand alone; however, I didn’t get enough of either.
Dawn
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute book, much like her videos, with life lessons mixed in with humor. It's a not too serious look at some serious issues that can hurt but she makes it better. Laughter is truly one of the great healers!

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Carol
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
10 wordsummary: Southern clichés, trite sermonizing, and self-indulgent navel gazing abounds.

#blessherheart #sheisnoRickBragg

🦔🦔 I'm conflicted. Some good. Some bad. Some meh.
April Forker
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley-wins
I received a copy of "I Ain't Doin' It" from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you NetGalley! I LOVE Heather Land. I have been a fan of hers for a very long time. I have seen her live once and am seeing her live again in June. I was so excited to see that she had written a book! This book did not disappoint. Of course this book is laugh out loud funny. She writes EXACTLY like she talks and I love it! I also love how she can take serious subjects and add some comedy to them. I abs ...more
Julie Graves
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
I've been following Heather Land's video's for several months now and she has provided me with many laughs! So I was quite intrigued to see that she had a book coming out. I love to learn about authors that I have read or have seen on video's. I love Heather Land's sarcastic humor and her book is filled with that type of humor. Each chapter is filled with humor from her life experiences. One of my favorite things about the book though is that she ends each chapter with a faith talk filled with e ...more
Erica Zulauf
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly loved this book. Being a divorcee myself trying to pick your self up from rock bottom is hard and 'takes a village'. I read some comments on this book that say they were let down by this book because God is all up and through it or it wasn't as funny as they hoped. I wasn't disappointed...god was her rock, her faith gave her strength and courage to continue on. Gave her the courage to start doing her stand up shows...if she were a superhero this would be her origin story...its not a ...more
Heather Fox
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Oh, I hate writing negative reviews, especially to people I respect. I love Heather’s I ain’t doin it videos. I bought the audio expecting essentially her comedy act that I was curious about. Unfortunately, what I got was a pretty boring account of her southern upbringing. It skimmed any issues that may have been interesting, such as her divorce, or the real struggles of parenting- and single parenting. Everything had a sweet overtone with no grit that I look for in a memoir. I enjoyed the chapt ...more
Nancy
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Apparently, Heather Land's weird-face-filter "I Ain't Doing It" videos are massively popular. I hadn't heard of them, but this book looked like it might have potential.

I liked it and found it immensely entertaining and humorous on occasion. I laughed out loud many times as she shared her observations on mundane experiences and her own unique take/opinion on them. I live in the deep South but am not originally from here, and I felt so validated when she talked about some of the curiosities of so
Sarah Wiley
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There were times I was almost crying from laughing so hard and others from the depths of what the author was sharing about what her struggles had taught her or even more important how she had learned to love Jesus through them. You may not agree with all of her humor but you can’t mess with this woman’s testimony!
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you haven't seen her short snapchat videos, then you are missing out. She is hilarious! And expresses those inner thoughts we are probably all thinking. Her book is just as funny, it does touch on some serious stuff as well, but I think it shows her character and how she came to be who she is today. I really enjoyed her book (I listened to it, which might make it even better)!
Liz James
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A few weeks ago, I went to see Heather and Jen Hatmaker speak. At the meet and greet, I accidentally hit Heather in the face when she came in to give me a hug....I felt like I should probably read her book to make up for it. I read the whole thing with her “I ain’t doin it” voice from her videos. 😂 There’s a little Jesus, a little inspiration, and a whole lot of funny in this book!
Elane Finn
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I first found Heather Land when she was a guest on Pickler and Ben. Then, I immediately got hooked on her videos. So, of course, I had to read her book. I was completely surprised. Yes, her videos are funny. Ms. Land's book is so much more. It is about faith, life, struggles, triumphs, and goodness. Thank you for your honesty. It gives the rest of us hope too.
Chelsea Baute
I found some parts of this book funny. I felt it was a lot of rambling. I think I would’ve connected to this more if I knew more about Heather and her life prior to reading this book. She talks a lot about her past, but it is always super vague and yet crucial for understanding how she got where she is now.
Nancy
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Down-to-Earth Southern Living!

Heather Land is hilarious! She tells it like most people think but don't dare to speak the words out loud! After reading this book, tune in to "I Ain't Doin' It" on iTunes! Heather can turn your worst day into jovial laughter! She is a true Southern lady in every respect!!!
Diane Perry
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Laugh out loud funny! Engaging, heart felt, and real! That is how I describe this book. I love her sarcasm and wit. She gives a view of her world and her truth in a funny and real way. Highly recommend.
Kelsiann Halbloom
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Her thoughts and opinions on many different topics really had me smiling and laughing while I was reading the book! I don't read many books like this, but it was a nice break from some of the other types of books I normally read.
Lisa Dunnavant
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed her story. Funny and on some I lol. I related on the same level of junk. I’m from the south and my saying is” I don’t wanna”. Love how she finds the funny in so many things. If you can’t laugh at life then move on. I’m not gonna stop, don’t wanna and I ain’t doing it:)
Kaitlynne
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun book that was funny at times, but also gave some good advice.
Angie
Jul 31, 2019 rated it liked it
There are hints of Rachel Hollis and Melissa Radke here, but then you also get a little Jeff Foxworthy. Pretty good for a first attempt at what feels like a Christian comedy book.
Jodi Bell
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I laughed and I cried...sometimes atthe same time!!!
Amy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 19-books-i-read
This book was so funny! I literally laughed out loud at some parts. Very entertaining.
Tricia
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another author that I would love to have lunch with. Her sarcastic personality will have you laughing out loud.
Jill
Jul 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
Super preachy and not that funny. I don't think I cracked a single smile while reading this and caught myself rolling my eyes more than once.
Dara
Jun 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I was really hoping that this would be funnier. It's more of a memoir.
Stephanie
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining and light.
I had seen Land's videos online, but didn't realize she was the author of this book until I got into the book a bit.
This is a good fluff read. Southern fun.
Missy Blakely
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Full of Heather’s wit, wisdom, and sarcasm!
“Share this post with twenty people on your friends list or . . . you’re not really my friend. SERIOUSLY?? Never mind that we grew up together, that I held your hair back in college while you puked, was the maid of honor in your wedding, held your hand while you pushed out that giant baby of yours, wet-nursed your daughter and drove you to the courthouse to get a divorce. Never mind all that. If I share this post—THAT’S how you’ll know we’re friends. Makes total sense.” 0 likes