Start by marking “Cinders” as Want to Read:
Cinders

Cinders

(Sapphic Fairy Tales #2)

Cynthia “Cyn” Robinson has only ever wanted three things: the approval of her stepmother, to save lives as a firefighter, and the attention of her dream girl, Marigold Grimm.

A socialite who most of the town refers to as Grimm Falls royalty, Marigold is so far out of Cyn’s league that even dreaming about her could be considered inappropriate.

And Cyn has all but given up
Published September 10th 2018 by Lisbon Press

To ask other readers questions about Cinders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cinders

Start your review of Cinders
Diane Wallace
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Okay read!
Meh storyline -- wasn't as enticing as i'd made to believe.
Agirlcandream
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok

Second half is better than the first but the modern retelling/take on the classic doesn’t have the same bite as the original Cinderella.
Dialogue was oddly formal and lacked emotional depth. Characters felt one dimensional. The scenes involving dangerous activities all felt too safe.
I did appreciate the author including the original un-Disney-fied Grimm fairy tale at the end of the book. Now that story had passion, bloodshed and venom. Hard to compete with a classic.
Alexis
My 4th book by this author and though it was a pleasant read, I expected a lot more from it. Perhaps the ratings and the reviews made me get my hopes up a little too much because though this book had great potential, it didn't deliver on several fronts.

As a book that is labeled as romance, there wasn't a lot of it to be found. There was however a glaring case of insta-love which didn't allow for a lot of chemistry build up. It feels like because this is based on a fairy tale the author thought
Dee
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this story. My first by Cara Malone and certainly not my last.
Joc
Sweet re-imagining of Grimm brother's 'Cinderella'. Cyn Robinson is a firefighter in Grimm Falls who has loved Marigold Grimm from afar since she was 12-years-old. Only Marigold, three years older than her, doesn't even know she exists. A series of fires brings them into contact.

Its a nice enough read but it lacks tension between the main characters as well as between the secondary characters. Cyn's stepmother seemed aloof disinterested rather than mean and her relationship with her stepbrother
Jo reece
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, but felt like something was missing. Think it had great potential to be so much more. The story line was quite good, but needed more depth to feel what the characters were feeling. . The book needed to be longer, certain parts felt rushed. But still a great read.
CLo
I liked it and it made me smile

I'm a fan of Malone's books and have read most of them. This one was a modern/New spin on the Cinderella fairytale. We!l, it very loosely based on it but it is a story all its own. I really liked Cinder and Mark and their chemistry was well done. I did find that there were some things left a bit up in the air main!y with Cinder's dad and stepmom. I just felt issues were not resolved between them. There is very little angst and the drama is very mild but that's one
Yoly
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Loved it! :)
Kat
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The most unique way to describe Cinderella story in 21st century. Loved it from the begining to the end. The end was the best of course.
Kexx
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Read 15 of Cara's - average score of 4, with 3 @ 5*. The Girl's done good - due for a dud and from me this is it, but it don't make her a bad writer.
Samantha Brown
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

A well down reworked classic fairy tale with a lesfic twist. Does the heart good to have read this light-hearted tale of love.
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a nice feel good story with a small bit of angst.
Andrea
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a fun lighthearted and quick story to read. It wasn’t a typical retelling of Cinderella but a very modern take on it. The characters were well developed and fun to follow.
Jax
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. So many romantic moments that made me squee :-) The epilogue was perfect. This is definitely worth the read. It’s a quick read but made my romantic heart so happy.
Ziel Nielsen
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A really clever adaptation!

Recently discovered the writer and I keep getting positive feels with every new read.
This one is probably my favorite Cinderella adaptation for this year. Good story, solid plot with no plot holes, some unexpected flips from the original that had me laughing and on top of it all, burning hot mix.
In my "recommending" list.
Katherine Jensen
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable romance with a little bit of crime mystery thrown in. It was a quick read and I liked the characters, but there were times when I just wanted a little bit more between them - a little more development instead of the kind of insta-love that went on.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review
Babes in Romanceland
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ratings (out of 5)
Chemistry:
Heat:
Heart:

Cyn Robinson is a firefighter who is utterly devoted to the town of Grimm Falls. She joined the fire department because it was the exact opposite thing that her overbearing stepmother wanted for her but now she can’t picture doing anything else. When an arsonist begins terrorizing the community, Cyn is thrown into the sphere of a woman she’s liked since adolescence. Marigold Grimm (Yes, those Grimms) is local royalty with big ambitions. She doesn’t have
Mari Stark
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I heard about this one, got me intrigued but I knew that coming from Miss Malone would be a very interesting read and definitely didn’t disappoint.

Cynthia “Cyn” Robinson is a hard work firefighter who loves her work and is very good at it, but has a complicated family relationship, she has always been trying to be accepted by her stepmother and stepbrother, but failing at every step. Since she arrived to Grimm Falls has been in love with Marigold Grimm who is considered “royalty”, but Cyn
Morgan
May 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
A very plot-light and fluffy take on a sapphic re-telling of Cinderella. I was just expecting more from this all around, something a little more aligned or parallel to the source material. Instead, this Cinderella is "Cyn" the firefighter with a complicated to say the least step mother/brother relationship (and the less said about the dynamic between the mother and brother, the better). In only the first few chapters, Cyn gets an insta-relationship with her childhood crush Marigold with very ...more
Micaela
Better than expected

I picked this book when I was in a mood for fire fighter romance. I didn't knew anything about it, it just caught my eye between all the Fire fighter romances collection in my kindle.
So imagine my surprise when I discovered that it was a F/F contemporary romance and a Cinderella retelling. I haven't read many F/F romances, this is actually my second, so I didn't knew what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised.
The plot is good, I enjoyed the hints to the traditional tale and
Aris Duarte
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When it comes to Cara Malone's books I know she'll deliver and she did. I love Cyn, I don'w know why I thought she was super charming and super dreamy, plus her in uniform.. oh my.

This is a great book, easy to read and I read it in 1 seating on a weekend, now I can't wait for her next book. I think that any book from "A sapphic firy tale" series (if she keeps written them) is showing us that all those beloved childhood stories (the kids versions) keep happening now.

What Cyn's step-brother did
Katrina
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-and-lesbian
I really enjoyed this book, much more than I enjoyed the first book of the series. Cyn Robinson is a firefighter who holds a torch for the town beauty who people refer to as “Grimm Falls Royalty” the story was interesting, and there was no real angst. What I am starting to learn is that Cara doesn’t write super steamy love making scenes, but you can tell a great story. So I liked this a lot. I did like how they tried to put characters in from Seeing Red, even if only for a minute. I thought that ...more
Bia Crespo
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A quick, easy and entertaining read. Cara Malone delivers another colourful universe of sapphic romance with steamy encounters between the protagonists. Cinders is a firefighter with a strong sense of duty and an "evil" stepmother, while Marigold is the untouchable heir of a local business. The setup is great, but the development of the love story is a little rushed, and I kept waiting for something to go wrong so it could eventually get right, as romances usually go. The mystery surrounding the ...more
Liralen
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Cinderella story is markedly improved by the addition of
a) lesbians,
b) firefighters, and
c) lesbian firefighters.

Actually...most things are markedly improved by the addition of
a) lesbians,
b) firefighters, and
c) lesbian firefighters.

Possibly I should be more annoyed by the insta-romance, but I'm just entertained by the fluff. My estimation of Cyn's intelligence, however, plummets several notches when she decides that the best way to stop an arsonist is to pull strings to get him a police job.
Corey
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Modern Fairy Tale

Cinders was a very sweet modern retelling of the classic Cinderella story. It had all the details that you would expect, but in fun and interesting new ways.
At times I was a little skeptical about how fast their relationship flourished considering the set up of the characters, but I reminded myself that it’s a fairy tale! Love needs no time limits!
Overall, I would recommend this story!
Gina L
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding Story!

This story touched every core of my heart and soul. I was frustrated with the treatment of Cyn by her step family and started to think this book was not worth finishing. I was glad I kept reading. The connection between Cyn and Marigold was what true love is about. The family issues on both sides made this story more compelling. This story made me feel good....
Amanda
Feb 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Cute f/f retelling of Cinderella

Enjoyed this happily ever after retelling of Cinderella - loves how this was set in Grimm Falls, such a good through back to the Grimm brothers. It was a nice light read with just enough suspense to keep you turning the page, plus the building of the relationship between the 2 main characters was cute! Will look to read a few more of these retelling!
Belinda Parker
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty cute lesbian retelling of Cinderella. I do find it slightly short on angst (personal preference), but I think that's mostly due to the book being somewhat short. But the characters are well-written with good motivations. Even the villain's motivations are understandable rather than just being cacklingly evil. They're still definitely a bad person, but their internal thought processes make sense. I quite liked it. It was an entertaining read.
Huh
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Lesbian Fairytale!

Ms Malone is a very good writer but I still had misgivings. I thought to myself how could she be true to the original Cinderella and write a story that was a repeat and yet interesting? This story loosely followed Cinderella and was milder than the original yet it offered a new approach, a mystery, and turned out to be very interesting. I absolutely recommend this novel.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Behind Closed Doors
  • Guarding Her Heart
  • Never Just Friends
  • Sweat Equity (A LadyLuck Startups Romance Book 1)
  • Fireflies
  • Pretend Girlfriend
  • When She Thaws
  • Escape and Freedom
  • Playing For Keeps
  • Northern Lights (Compass, #1)
  • Coast Guard Rescue One
  • A Swedish Christmas Fairy Tale
  • Hart & Stocker
  • Her Surrender (Irresistibly Bound #2)
  • Reservations of the Heart
  • Avalanche of Love
  • Phoenix
  • A Lesson in Love (The Village Romance, #3)
I write stories that explore the thrills – and challenges – of falling in love as a woman-loving woman, including the bestselling Lakeside Hospital medical romance series and Rainbow Award honorable mention The Rules of Love.

My books are for you if you’re a fan of contemporary romance, if you love strong women who aren’t afraid to be vulnerable, and if you like a little heat with your sapphic love

Sapphic Fairy Tales (3 books)
  • Seeing Red: A Sapphic Fairy Tale