Start by marking “Another Dance” as Want to Read:
Another Dance

Another Dance

Kaito Watanabe has finally nabbed an interview with his idol, Cristian Alvarez. Kaito is a journalist who’s spent his entire life looking up to the figure-skating champion. Cristian’s passion on the ice unearthed a love of dance in Kaito and made him believe in the power of artistic expression.

Now Kaito is face-to-face with the man he's always admired. He believes himself
ebook
Published July 8th 2019 by Ninestar Press

To ask other readers questions about Another Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Dance

Judith
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, m-m, arc

Another Dance is a cute enough novella but it didn't quite live up to my expectations because,really,not much happens to make it very memorable.

Kaito is a journalist/reporter who has followed and idolized Christian a figure skating champion for years.He can't quite believe it when he finally gets to interview Christian.

Christian oozes charisma and charm while Kaito is more self-deprecating.After a steamy encounter between them Kaito has no idea where he stands and is reluctant to even dream of a
Erika
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

This was an intense little love story between a journalist and a figure skater. I loved both main characters and really got a sense of who they were despite the short story length. My only critique is this story's too short! I wanted to follow them on their cross-country tour.
Charlotte Kinzie
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
There’s a surprising amount of character development in the short span of this novella. Kaito is a serious journalist and he’s been following Cristian’s career for years. When they meet in person there is definite chemistry, but Kaito’s lack of confidence forces him to write it off as one of those things.

There are lots of little details that build intimacy in this novel: perfect descriptions of facial expressions, coincidences like matching key chains, men and their pets. The story moves quickly
Valerie
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't expecting this cute little journalist x figure skater novella to gut punch me as much as it did but HERE WE ARE! I read an early copy and absolutely fell in love with Kaito—an art/dance-loving journalist and Sensitive SoulTM. He's also a sweaty soul because he's about to interview his figure skating hero, but that just makes him even more lovable.

The banter is funny, the chemistry palpable, and it's just... a lovely bite-size book that will grip you the same way a much bigger one would
Nola Superba
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: male-male, netgalley
Too much "mind-blowing" sex and little else.
c,
Galley provided by publisher

On my blog.

Actual rating 2.5

Rep: Japanese-American mc, gay mcs

This book feels like fanfiction. I don’t (necessarily) mean that in a bad way. It reminds me of good fanfiction. But the problem is it feels like fanfiction in the sense that it’s like I’m reading a fic from a fandom I know nothing about. Like I’m missing some vital context to make sense of it and get that emotional payoff.

Another Dance is essentially a Yuri on Ice AU where Yuuri is a journalist and Vikto
Shady
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy from the author and really loved this story! The characters are interesting and Cristian and Kaito both love cats! The scenes of them sending cat photos back and forth was both endearing and very relatable and learning that Cristian's cat travels with him some of the time made me very happy. Despite only being with the characters for a short time, I began to love them and want the best for them.

The story is low stress but with satisfying payoff betw
Melanie
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-h5G

From that review:Another Dance by L.A. Ashton is a sweet contemporary romance that charts the beginning of a love story between journalist Kaito Watanabe and his long held crush, champion ice skater Cristian Alvarez.  The characters are very well drawn here.  Kaito is downright adorable.  Awkward in his crush, hiding behind his bangs, humble and yet surprising in so many other way
Eva
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
another dance finds kaito watanabe meeting figure skating superstar cristian alvarez for an interview,
and learning that the guy he's lusted after forever might actually be into him. and it's sweet and low angst, other than you know, characters feeling insecure about how the other person really feels and whether or not they deserve it.

but there's nothing dark or dramatic here. they meet and connect and share this really intense moment and then struggle to figure out what it means. but it's not t
Sebastian
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review.

Another Dance is a cute little novella about journalist Kaito Watanabe and his idol, figure skater Cristian Alvarez. While is pretty short, it does develop the characters and their relationship. The plot is not silly, the resolution is satisfying and the sex doesn't overwhelm the story.
I would definitely read a sequel about Kaito and Cristian traveling the US!
Karen
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, glbt, romance-m-m
I’m a big fan of lgbtqia romances. At 98 pages this is more a short story than novella. There wasn’t enough time to really get to know these men. Kaito Watanabi is a well regarded journalist who loves dancing and figure skating. While he is from Manhattan he appears to have been raised within a traditional Japanese family. He is very modest and self-depreciating and it’s unclear if he has been burned in the past or if this is part of his upbringing. Christian Alvarez is a world famous figure ska ...more
Anabela.M.
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
* ARC provided by IndiGo Marketing&Design in exchange for an honest review

Another Dance is all about sweet Kaito. He's such an endearing character. Honest,shy,modest and most of all,so adorable in his crush for Cristian.

Kaito is a reporter and when he has the opportunity to interview his teenage heartthrob, famous skater Cristian Alvarez,he actually can't believe his luck. And afterwards, when they have a sensual encounter, he doesn't understand what beautiful Cristian can see in plain Kai
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
3.5 Stars

Journalist Kaito Watanabe meets his longtime crush, figure skater Cristian Alvarez, when he has to interview him. It turns out Cristian has been following Kaito's work for a while too, and he likes what he sees when he meets shy Kaito, so they end up hooking up and later part ways, only to meet again, but is it just attraction or can it turn into more, especially when they live so far away from each other?

So, this was a very short, cute story, with likable characters, several steamy enc
Lee Colgin
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review.

This sweet novella about a talented journalist and a figure skating champion is a delightful short read.

Kaito scores an interview with his favorite skater and is dreadfully nervous to meet him, but Christian is kind and generous and obviously into Kaito. They hit off quickly and it seems the beginning of a dream relationship for Kaito, that is until Christian stops answering his texts. Kaito is in the USA and Christian is in Spain and because of a misunder
Susan
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Another Dance by L.A. Ashton via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. I enjoy stories about ice skating, but what really made this book stand out for me was its connection to dance. I could empathize with Kaito in his efforts to learn ballroom dancing despite having two left feet, as I did too. I also liked his humility despite being a successful journalist who is widely read online. Cristian was also refreshingly down-to-earth for a famous figure ...more
The Critic
Jul 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
When I saw the Japanese mention, I clicked right way. For having always been fond of the Japanese culture and having lived several years in Japan, I do never miss an occasion to read a novel talking about that country. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm died in the shell. This book is written by someone who doesn't really know the Japanese culture, only just leaning on few misplaced information, stereotypes and misconceptions to "japanize" the "unjapanizable"... Great, now I am inventing words!

Truly,
Truuss
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
Oh boy what an excellent read. A short one but with everything in it.
Kaito is a journalist. And he can interview his crush skate rider Cristian.
When Cristian arrives Kaito is nervous and shy. Cristian is impressed by Kaito and even read Kaito’s work. Kaito is perplexed Cristian read his work.
They dance around each other, they flirt and it’s all extremely delicate and precious.
When they meet the next evening at an event they have the most delicious encounter in the back of the hall. Cristian is t
Pjm12
This is sweet and swoony. I think the boys' narrative voices were a bit similar, and it was too short to really develop characterisation deeply.

But they are lovely boys who work well together, and whose admiration of each other was really beautiful. Only a glimpse of other characters, as should be in something this short - the focus needs to be on the love interests.

Loved the skating insights and the tangent into music writing for skaters. That was interesting.

Thanks to Netgalley and publisher f
Amy
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. This was a cute story, about a journalist that loves dance and figure skating and the figure skater that he loves. They meet when Kaito gets to meet Cristian and interview him, and they pretty much have chemistry right off the bat. From there they become friends and lovers, it’s a pretty short book, so we don’t get to see a whole lot, but it was a cute story, and it ends where you know they are definitely going to be happy together, with their cats of course.
Amy Dufera
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I was excited by the blurb for LA Ashton's Another Dance. Upon reading it however, I found it fell short of my expectations.

Kaito gets his journalistic chance of a lifetime, getting to interview his hero, ice dancer Cristian. They have a quick connection, but still have their struggles, and doubts. A quick story, I found it to be okay, but I didn't connect to the characters very much.
Hairann Hairann
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
A cute story overall, though I do wish it was a bit longer :). The story is very well written and pulls you into the world of Kaito and Christian. I hope the author returns to them in the future and gives us another adorable story to read about them.
Escape_in_a_Book
Jul 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was a quick read that unfortunately I did not enjoy. I found the characters, in my opinion, to be lacking any depth.
M.A. Hinkle
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for skating romance that gets the details right. It made for a pleasant little fantasy with several charming characters. A good afternoon's escape.
L. A. Ashton is an LGBT+ author writing LGBT+ fiction. They enjoy rock music, traveling, and anything else that adds color to their daydreams. They believe in the healing properties of art and of having a cat firmly stationed on one’s lap. Their official site can be found at www.LAAshton.com.