Start by marking “Truly Madly Royally” as Want to Read:
Truly Madly Royally

Truly Madly Royally

Fiercely independent and smart, Zora Emerson wants to change the world. She's excited to be attending a prestigious summer program, even if she feels out of place among her privileged, mostly white classmates. So she's definitely not expecting to feel a connection to Owen, who's an actual prince of an island off the coast of England. But Owen is funny, charming...and unden ...more
Paperback, Point Paperbacks, 289 pages
Published July 30th 2019 by Point

To ask other readers questions about Truly Madly Royally, please sign up.
Namrata I would think it would be for teens at the age of 12+, because of the themes.
Namrata Yes. The main character is Zora Emerson, and she is African American i believe.

Lola
If royal romances make you squee and swoon, this one’s for you. It is a lovely, wish-fulfilling type of story that will fill your heart with hope and wonder and make you wish for your very own Owen. (See what I did there? :D)

Debbie Rigaud’s writing and narration styles reminded me of Kasie West’s, seeing that both authors are straight-forward, eloquent, emphasize dialog over description and both are great at developing heroines and love-interests that appeal to teenagers.

But while both authors s
Vicky Who Reads
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it

I LOVED Zora who was such a queen but the love interest Owen was boring. For a prince, he was so...drab. Meh. No chemistry. Zora deserved better. Owen, summed up, was just...polite. He wasn't really charming. He wasn't anything remarkable.

Zora is still awesome though, so .5 stars for her!!!

Still cute & v underrated. Good lower YA reading rec!
Sofia
Feb 12, 2019 marked it as tbr-2019-releases
i'm a simple woman. if the love interest is royalty, i'm interested.
Emma
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The ARC of this book was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

3.75 Stars

Full review here

If you’re in the mood for a lovely royal romance this is the perfect book for you! I deeply enjoyed reading from Zora’s perspective. She’s truly witty and knows what she wants. Her program for little kids was such a great idea to include in the book.
Owen was another great character that I loved reading about, I liked how he talked about the royal family and his life back
Olivia & Lori (The Candid Cover)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

I have always been a fan of books about royalty, so I was naturally drawn to review Truly Madly Royally, which follows a girl who falls for a prince while studying at a prestigious college.

The book is a quick read for summer, and I enjoyed how it depicts what it is like to suddenly be in the media’s eye. As well, there are social issues discussed, such as race as Zora’s classmates are mostly white and privileged, which make the story more meaningful.

Zora is also a
Rachel Strolle
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
SO CUTE IM GIGGLING
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
Cute and fun and exactly what I wanted. Truly Madly Royally was an insanely quick read that was just fun. The romance was cute, I liked seeing Zora's family, and I really enjoyed to focus on philanthropy. A perfect cute, fun sumemr read.
Samantha (WLABB)
It's part Princess Diaries, part The Prince & Me, part Will & Kate & Harry & Meghan, and part wholly its own. Together, it added up to a delightful and charming royal romance.

I sort of insta-loved Zora. She grabbed my attention with her sharp wit and humor, but kept me there with her drive, ambition, and huge giving heart. Her love and personal investment in her community was touching and inspiring, and I really delighted in reading about all her service projects and seeing her i
Miri ♪ Book Dragoness ♪
Ah! This sounds like a fun romp.
Shorouk Abd Elhamed
Ow this was cute. I liked the couple and the story .

The book is divided into two parts for me. The first 40% and that was an easy part to read but a weak one. I didn't get enough of any side of any of the characters.They were surface level and I was upset about feeling like that.

The second part was a lot better.It wasn't just because they became a couple but because we got to see the details. We got more of the African representation that I liked alot.Also, we saw more of the volunteer
Mari Johnston
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review and many others can also be found at Musings of a (Book) Girl.

If a fast-paced, adorable, funny book that you can get through in a single summer afternoon is what you’re looking for, then Truly Madly Royally by Debbie Rigaud is exactly what you need!

So many things happened within this book’s 300 pages, but it never felt like anything was moving too quickly. The pacing was perfect and helped keep things from dragging on too long or getting stale. Every page was fresh and exciting.

Zora
Jazmen
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Truly Madly Royally was a cute-ish read that lacked a certain something to take it fully over the edge.

Zora is a modern day activist, socialist and do-gooder.

Zora is attending a prestigious college to prepare for (possible) attendance in the fall. While doing this she manages a community program, fully built on the back of an idea she came up with—to better her community.

She’s also in prep to receive awards for her work and grants (hopefully *fingers crossed) to fund her program dutifully called
Karina
Rating: 4 Stars ★★★★
Truly Madly Royally is a YA Royal romance, perfect for summer!

Truly Madly Royally ARC Review 👑💘

Zora's summer gets a bit more interesting when her chance encounter with a boy in the library during her pre-college program, quickly puts her into the spotlight, because as it turns out, he's actually a prince! From its focus on characters, to a sweet summer romance, Truly Madly Royally is a fun debut filled with heart!

I'd been looking forward to Rigaud's debut because I don't o
Toni Shiloh
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an awesome read. I will definitely read more books by Ms. Rigaud.
|| Soph ||
Aug 16, 2019 is currently reading it
DID SOMEONE SAY ROYALTY?!

THIS BOOK IS IN MY HANDS IM SCRAMING
Moc Mandex
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.4/5

I actually really liked this book, it was a great summer book that was very light and nostalgic for me. It had major princess diary vibes for me which is why I continued reading it. Zora is in my opinion a very well and thoroughly developed character. The issue that I had was that she was too well developed, in other words she was a little too perfect. There were never any scenarios when Zora had to be tested, which I found a bit disappointing.
Owen also had a really good development, he h
Kim Baccellia
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun, light romantic tale where a protagonist of color meets a prince while attending an elite summer program. What I really loved about this tale is how Zora is strong, goal oriented, and not someone to wait for a guy to sweep her off her feet. Hints of Megan Markle meets Prince Harry.
Namrata
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty cute and fun book in general. Easy to read, and makes me feel pretty good. Recommend to ya-romance lovers!
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Endlessly charming, positive, and funny, a hometown rom com with a twist!
Whitney
Thank you to Debbie Rigaud for the amazing opportunity to win a free signed copy of this book.

Did I really start and finish this in 2 hours? Yep! This was such a cute story. For me, there’s something super special about a YA romance starring a young black girl as the main character because let’s be honest, we don’t get many of them. If The Prince and Me & Prince Harry and Megan Markle’s real life story had a baby, Truly Madly Royally would be it. It was cute, fluffy, and an all around quick
Emma
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, reviews
Grade: B-
An ARC was provided by Miss Print's ARC Adoption Program in exchange for an honest review.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: I love a good meet-cute. Truly Madly Royally has a great one, and I wish the premise connected to that had continued a little while longer before launching into Zora and Owen actually dating.
Overall the book is a bit surface-level, like a DCOM or Hallmark movie, but there were some moments where the author tried to go a little deeper. I'm not sure they always worked
Inah
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I'd be lying if I didn't say that half of the reason why I read this was because it's a royal romance, but seeing an interracial royal YA couple on the cover really caught my attention. Add the fact that this was inspired by Harry and Meghan's love story.

I was truly excited to read this because I haven't read any book with royalties in a long while and I'm glad that Zora and Owen hit it off right from the start. I love Zora's character because she's independent, smart, a feminist and activist as
Kat
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
* ACTUAL: 4.5 stars *
LaRonda (Flying Paperbacks)
Jul 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
07/03-- I'm on a happy high right now and I just need to cool down???????
NidhaRajoli
This was a really light and fun read! I loved the characters, and the overall plot of the story. Highly recommend this book to romance lovers, or people who are in a reading slump.
Skye (Skye's Scribblings)
You can read all my reviews at Skye's Scribblings!

Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Romance
Told: First Person, Present Tense
Content Rating: Young Teen (kissing)
Format Read: ARC

The Good: True to the playful cover, Truly Madly Royally is a sweet interracial romance between a philanthropist girl from New Jersey and a teen prince from a small European country during a college-prep summer program. It had cute puns and banter, fun college exploration and Taco Tuesdays, and a much appreciated innocent re
r.
I enjoyed this book so, so so much!

Zora is inspirational and adorable, and Owen is amazing.

What I loved about this book was that it wasn't too angsty (we all know YA can get pretty dang angsty). It was a love story, but with a prince who was considerate, thoughtful, and had the most adorable crush, and a girl who wore natural hair and was unapologetically black, whose family and friends loved her fiercely, and who was making a difference in her community.

This book will be perfect for pre-teen B
Billie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Truly Madly Royally is a fun light young adult romance. Zora is an activist of strong character and a leader. Owen is a kind, considerate, and charming prince from a small country. Teens who like interracial relationships and royal romances will like this book. It reminded me a little bit of the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle relationship. I received an advance copy of this book from Goodread's Giveaway in exchange for a review. The opinions expressed are mine.
Janelle Hackbarth
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, favorites
When I was contacted about receiving an advanced copy of this book, I was beyond thrilled. I really enjoyed the synopsis; (I enjoy an American thrust into royal world books). I immediately started reading this book the day after I got it.

It does have kind of a 'Princess Diaries' kind of feel to it, except Zora is not royal herself. The story starts off with her meeting Owen and accidentally swapping phones. When his security gets involved in getting the phone back, that's when Zora learns he's a
Stella
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
this is probably my most disappointing book of the year. this book follows a girl named Zora who falls in love with a prince (Owen) at a summer program in Halstead. this might be a long one so stick around.

to start, I read this book twice. TWICE. I haven't done that for two years geez. anyway i'm going to switch up this format and start with what I liked.

-I think Zora was a solid character. I really liked the backstory with the walk me home program. having her be interested in community service
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hello Girls
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • Vampires Never Get Old
  • Don't Date Rosa Santos
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World (Light the Abyss, #1)
  • Symptoms of a Heartbreak
  • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
  • All of Us with Wings
YA author Debbie M. Rigaud began her writing career covering news and entertainment for magazines. She’s interviewed celebs, politicians, social figures and “real” girls. Her writing has appeared in Seventeen, CosmoGIRL!, Essence, J-14, Trace, Heart&Soul and Vibe Vixen, to name a few. Her first YA fiction writing was published in the anthology HALLWAY DIARIES (KimaniTru Press/September 2007). ...more