Start by marking “Scener ur hjärtat” as Want to Read:
Scener ur hjärtat

Scener ur hjärtat

Den här historien handlar om mig och min familj och den kris som drabbade oss. Men det är framförallt en berättelse om krisen som omger oss alla. Kanske handlar den om utbrända människor på en utbränd planet där väder, vind och vardag ökar i styrka för varje dag. Att hålla ihop som människor och att hitta hållbarhet, det är hjärtat i denna bok. /Malena Ernman
Published August 2018 by Bokförlaget Polaris

To ask other readers questions about Scener ur hjärtat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scener ur hjärtat

Maria
Interesting cross between memoir and discussion of societal issues.
- Aspergers, ADHD, sensory processing sensitivity
- societal lack of awareness and capability regarding mental health
- climate change, activism
Gritnay
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Devastated. Climate change is a crisis and change needs to happen.
Bought this book at lunch time today, sat down to have a brief look and have now finished it with plenty of oh shit moments, tears and shock.
Right now I don’t really know what to do with myself except to reflect on the choices I make.
They are calling to action and if we want to have a future then this is the time.
Ming Wei
Brilliant book, Important book, very interesting, will look for more book from the author Greta Thumberg, well written, no publication errors. Really enjoyed it.
Fabia
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book describes the life of climate activist Greta Thunberg and her family before she rose to fame. While her famous climate strike was only in planning by the time the book was published, it's clear that Greta was a fierce environmentalist long before her international recognition. The book recounts Greta's struggle with bullying and psychological issues during childhood and it does so from the very loving and sensitive perspective of her mother. It's sad and funny at the same time and you ...more
Aldo
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Emma Andersson
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent. It truly shows that the time to act is now. I am moved by Greta Thunberg's family. Their life hasn't been easy. It shows that society doesn't include everybody. Some are forgotten and have to "fit in", although society should make space for them. The climate crisis is ignored. In "Scener ur hjärtat" Malena Ernman describes what is happening, and why it is happening. Most importantly she writes about us, the people, who should wake up and do something. Now.
Jelka
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
A very interesting book by an interesting family.

Although the German edition is marketed to be mainly about Greta, this felt more like the memoir/biography of her mother Malena.

Regardless, it's still a fast and fascinating read that gives insights into Malena's family life, (their) experiences with mental illness and how the system fails to help those affected.
And of course it's about climate change and climate activism, although I wish the book would have gone more in-depth there.
mimi
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is very important, and it’s also a real story of a real family so I won’t review the story itself.
That being said i did not like this book, I found it very repetitive and honestly not helpful. I just didn’t gain anything from this, no knowledge and especially not any suggestions on what to do..
Andrea Scarinci
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it in Italian. It is probably about to change my life, my lifestyle and my carbon footprint. I hope many other people will change reading this book.
Lisa Fraszewski
Jun 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Work in progress...
Tilda
Apr 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So important. Wish everyone would read to gain perspective on the climate crisis (it's a crisis and time to make a change)