Start by marking “C++ Crash Course” as Want to Read:
C++ Crash Course

C++ Crash Course

A fast-paced, thorough introduction to modern C++ written for experienced programmers. Learn core language concepts, the C++ Standard Library, and the Boost Libraries.

C++ is one of the most widely used languages for real-world software. Wherever performance matters, C++ is the de facto standard. It's the language behind operating systems, embedded devices, games, web brows
Published May 28th 2019 by No Starch Press

To ask other readers questions about C++ Crash Course, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about C++ Crash Course

Start your review of C++ Crash Course
Nat Tabris
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would highly recommend this book to someone who (like me) knows how to program but doesn't have experience with modern C++. The book is clear, easy to read, and does a great job conveying some of the nuances (and gotchas) of modern C++ without getting too deep in the weeds. I still have about 200 pages left to read but I now feel ready to dig into C++ and more specialized or advanced texts.
Patrick DiJusto
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
I was the final developmental editor on this book, so of course I'm biased on the book's behalf. Nevertheless, I honestly think this book may become THE reference work on C++ I first learned C++ in 1992, and the language has changed so much since then that reading this book was almost like learning the language afresh. And Josh Lospinoso was there to help every step of the way.

Its an intense book (as you might have guessed from the term "crash course"); there's not a lot of hand-holding. But if
Adam Adair
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a great book to pick up if you had some experience in C++ but not used it for a decade or two. The chapter on testing alone was worth the price of the book to me. It has great exercises and suggested readings at the end of the chapters. If you work along, and do the exercises you'll be up to speed in, well...not no time. It takes a good while to work through the book. But when you finish you'll know some stuff about C++ and you might get some good ideas for future reading.
Pedro Duarte
Aug 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book has definitely helped me understand important aspects of C++ that are not well documented on-line. It has just the right about of detail. As someone new to C++, Chapter 4 on the object lifecycle was eye-opening.
Ryan
Apr 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great introduction to the language for those who already have experience with object oriented development
Omar Darwish
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Clear, and full of comprehensive examples. A pleasure to read!

• The C Programming Language
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • The Go Programming Language
  • All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, #1)
  • More Effective C# (Includes Content Update Program): 50 Specific Ways to Improve Your C# (Effective Software Development Series)
  • Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)
  • Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)
  • Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4)
  • Dead Beat (The Dresden Files, #7)
  • The Five: The Untold Lives of the Women Killed by Jack the Ripper
  • Arduino Workshop: A Hands-On Introduction with 65 Projects
  • Self-Coached Climber: The Guide to Movement, Training, Performance
  • The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation
  • Killing Rommel
  • Exploring Arduino: Tools and Techniques for Engineering Wizardry
  • The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man
  • The Running Man
  • Heir to the Empire (Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy, #1)

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Joshua Lospinoso, PhD is an entrepreneur who served 15 years in the US Army. As a cyber officer, Lospinoso wrote dozens of infosec tools and built and taught the C++ course that United States Cyber Command uses to teach its junior developers. He has spoken at a wide range of conferences, published over twenty peer-reviewed articles, and co-founded a successfully acquired security company. He keeps ...more