Start by marking “The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep: Strategies and Recipes to Get Organized, Save Time, and Eat Healthier” as Want to Read:

Conquer your healthy eating plan while saving time and money! In A Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep, nutrition coach and meal prep master Erin Romeo, founder of Food Prep Princess (foodprepprincess on Instagram), shows you how to prep your food in five easy steps, with photos clarifying every detail.

Meal prep is the key component to any diet—whether you're low carb, vegetar
Published August 6th 2019 by Race Point Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep

Start your review of The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep: Strategies and Recipes to Get Organized, Save Time, and Eat Healthier
Chantal
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, ebook-en
There are some great tips and recipes in this meal prepping book. They all seem to be healthy with lean meats and lots of vegetables. The book is easy to read and to understand. It also has a weekly plan. At the end this will save you some time, which you can use on other things in life. I do wonder how long things will still be safe to eat if you prep them early on in the week.

This is a ARC from the publisher via Netgalley, which I got for a honest review.

Selena
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free e-copy of The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep: Strategies and Recipes to Get Organized, Save Time, and Eat Healthier from NetGalley for my honest revies.

This book has a variety of recipes that will help you to eat healthier and eat cleaner. Recipes that will be pleasing to everyone, even the pickiest of eaters.
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep by Erin Romeo is a perfect addition to any kitchen. The layout is simple and the instructions are easy to follow. Some of the ideas do seem like common sense, however, anyone new to meal prepping and looking for healthy recipes will find them here.

While I strive to keep myself organized in the kitchen, there are always times when I wish I was better prepared. Organizing the shopping and the prep is one thing that this cookbook see
Erika Sarutobi
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

This book is helpful in teaching you the basics but it includes many obvious stuff that you should know like buying knives for the kitchen to get started. This takes around 1/3 of the book before going to the lists of food and which category they fall into (carbohydrates, fats or protein).

I like how there was a low carb, vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free plans before heading out to the recipes for each meal of the day with pro tips in between.

Overall, a bit disappointed because I
roxi Net
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoy meal prepping one day a week out of my need to be organized, eat healthy, and be able to grab things quickly. I think this is a good cookbook but I wasn't sure what the 'visual guide' aspect of this book was since it seemed more of a straight-forward cookbook. The recipes are great (never thought of a 'broccoli, chicken, and cheese-stuffed sweet potato') yet other than the basics (a list of foods to purchase), I didn't learn anything over exciting that was different from how I nor ...more
Richard
Sep 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book works on several levels, but you have to buy into the whole package for it to work for you.
Firstly Meal Prep is a self-repeating process, the more you do the easier the idea becomes a reality. This book presented a great argument for Meal Prep but will it make me change - sadly not.
Secondly Meal Prep prompts a better lifestyle but demands a degree of organisation and planning to have a ready meal to hand to save the grasp for that slice of cake.
Thirdly Meal Plan is easy only if you are
Janet

Conquer your healthy eating plan while saving time and money! In A Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep, nutrition coach and meal prep master Erin Romeo, founder of Food Prep Princess (foodprepprincess on Instagram), shows you how to prep your food in
January Gray
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was very helpful for me, as I do need visual help ha,ha! I prep for about three days a week for myself as I have to physically go to my office about three days a week. Very useful book!
Jenny Houle
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This step-by-step book is great if you are struggling with the best ways to meal prep. I often get overwhelmed when I get home from the grocery store after I have sworn I will meal prep, and instead I give up on the idea. This book helped me get organized and set up in such a way that I didn't feel overwhelmed and was able to do the cleaning/chopping/full prepping. It is important to point out that this is not a cookbook (although she does include 4 simple meal plan ideas, with cooking instructi ...more
Carolyn
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
As someone new to the idea of serious meal prep, this book is fantastic, it has given me everything I could possibly need to know, and then some!

It includes steps needed for meal prep success, kitchen equipment you will need, batch cooking instructions, grocery shopping, foods that will work, and even vegetarian, low carb, gluten free and dairy free meal plans. Tons of recipes are included, for breakfasts, mains, sides, snacks, dressings dips and sauces. These all use easily obtainable ingredien
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book isn’t groundbreaking- the recipes are mostly simple, and the meal prep instructions are not more involved than in other websites and books I have read. However the whole of it is clearly written, and almost all the recipes sounded like I would both enjoy cooking and eating them. Many are so simple and fast that I would use them as weeknight meals without any pre prepping required. I can’t wait to get home from vacation and try them- especially the smoothie recipes, the chocolate granol ...more
Jessica Rodrigues
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks, arc
SO HELPFUL AND USEFUL!

I like how each "recipe" is really how to efficiently cook/prep everything at once. I haven't tried any of her suggestions yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Only downside: the actual book didn't really start until a third of the way in. The first third is just helpful tips like "it's important to have a bowl so you can mix things inside of it."

But aside from that -- flip to about a third of the way in and get to ready to learn something.
Jill
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, 2019-read
Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group – Race Point Publishing for The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep by Erin Romeo. This is a book by the self-proclaimed Food Prep Princess who says her method for meal prep is “life changing.” This book is to help you meal prep so that you can save both time and money, as well as, eat healthier. Meal prep is all about routine, which this book provides you.

The first third of the book is full of very helpful tips and techniques, including the five st
C. S.
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick to read with accessible recipes, this is a handy cookbook to have. It lays out the basics of meal prep as well as a crash course primer on grocery shopping (which this helpless millennial appreciated), and outlined a meal plan for not one but four different eating styles - low carb, vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free. I actually learned something from this cookbook, and feel inspired to try some new things.
amberreadsromance
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was OK. It's another average meal prep/cookbook out there to have as another resource. The photos were great--vibrant and colorful and made me want to make a recipes from the book.

I received this ARC copy in exchange for my review.
Rianna
59/52 books read in 2019.
Provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I haven't fully collected my thoughts yet. Three stars at the moment, might go down.
Review will be up soon.
Katherine Pittman
Jul 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley for the advanced reader copy in exchange for my unbiased review.

Really like the layout of the book, it's simplicity, and the recipes. I like the focus on the healthy aspect of batch cooking. I felt inspired to cook and meal plan. With that said, I would have liked a little more prep/planning assistance listed for each recipe and not so generally at the beginning of the book.
Julia
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Meal preparation might seem like a challenge, but this book helps you prepare several meals and snacks in advance. Batch cooking made easy. A lot of lean, healthy recipes that I wouldn't have thought of on my own. ...more
Heather Bennett
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book and it is great for beginners who are making meal prepping for the week. I will have to try some of the recipes.
Angel La
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Helpful mealprep guide with step by step instructions on how to achieve your customized mealprep whether you’re vegetarian or following a low carb diet. I wish there were more recipes. An entire keto friendly mealprep chapter would be awesome.
Lisa
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Quarto Publishing for a copy of The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep for review. Available August 6/19.

Lots of easy to follow information for beginners to meal prep, like me. Plenty of easy recipes as well but I really appreciated the walk through of what to prep and why meal prep works. Tips and tricks along the way will save plenty of time along the way.
Jamie Jack
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook, p-2019
Useful Tips and Healthful-Sounding Recipes, But...

Do you have a hard time getting dinner or other meals on the table every day? In this book, the author introduces her take on the concept of advance meal preparation and gives her five steps for meal prep success. The introductory sections of the book do provide a firm foundation in what you need to consider if you decide to attempt this advance meal prep. I have occasionally done multi-meal food prep, so I know that organization and planning is
Anuradha Sowmyanarayanan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book THE VISUAL GUIDE TO EASY MEAL PREP is presented in a visually appealing way in five chapters. Prepping is the action or process of preparing something, or preparing for something. The author’s choice of the word PREP in the title of the book makes it crisp and clear. By going through this book the reader will obviously consider cooking as an art as well as a happy exercise. ”Food is the most primitive form of comfort” – Sheila Graham. With this book in hand, comfort is not so far.

This i
Annie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Originally published on my blog: Nonstop Reader.

The Visual Guide to Easy Meal Prep is a new cookbook and recipe collection from Erin Romeo. Due out 6th Aug 2019 from Quarto on their Race Point imprint, it's 176 pages and available in paperback and ebook formats.

There have been a lot of times when I've come home from work and literally had no plan for dinner and a not-inspiring collection of ingredients and no idea what to cook for my family (we usually wind up with takeout food in those cas
Vonda
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things I liked:
The inclusion some vegetarian options and recipes (because I am one)
It would be fairly simple to swap in a recipe or two of your own into the plan
3 meals and 2 snacks a day and she says you’ll likely lose weight
Variations for gluten free or dairy free
Healthy
Home cooked is way better tasting than fast food
I think there is great variety in the recipes - some Mexican, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Thai, dessert, soups, wraps, beef, fish, chicken, vegetarian, pastas, salads, stir fri
Ann T
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you Quatro - Race Point Publishing and Netgalley for this ARC in return for my honest review.

This book had appealing photos and good instructions for beginners wondering how to set up and begin food prepping.
I have menu planned and food prepped for our family for a number of years now and was hoping for some new inspiration for meals, especially to get inspiration for healthy meals to last the whole week.

This recipe book seemed to be more aimed at people cooking for one or two ( meals w
Ivory Castle
Aug 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a time poor and culinary challenged human I requested this book hoping it would reveal some tricks/tip to help me along or at least point me in the right direction. I am inclined to overthink things so it was a relief to learn there were only five steps to meal preparation.
The author emphasizes the importance of portion control and the accompanying photos are a great visual guide (appetizing as well) if you are a little uncertain. Written in a chatty style, with easy to follow recipes and acc
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, food, arc
I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed this book! Meal prep is something we regularly do in our house, so when I saw this book on NetGalley, I was immediately drawn to it. What new, fresh tips and tricks could it contain?!

The introductory chapters are full of little nuggets of inspiration and encouragement to give meal prep a try. While I think this book is geared more towards beginners, I was still able to find some useful information
Alexis
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: culinary
I am giving this cookbook 3 stars because of the easy factor of making the recipes and the fact that there aren't a ton of ingredients needed. Those are big pluses for me.

I read this as an ebook and frankly almost 200 pages on "prep" including dozens of pages on types of containers etc. was mind boggling. Anyone needing 200 pages on how to get organized in the kitchen to slap together a few quick bites into non-bpa Tupperware containers has no business even making a sandwich let alone meals for
Terrie Case
Jan 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Finally, a book that teaches how to achieve eating healthy dinners, instead of just having recipes.

In this book, the author shows the reader how to prep meals ahead of time so that eating healthy doesn’t become a chore and set aside. Prepping meals, according to the author, has amazing benefits, such as “you will regain hours in your day … You will eliminate the need to multitask as you prepare lunch or dinner” and “You’ll be present with the people around you.”

The five steps of prepping food ca

• Everyday Keto Baking: Healthy Low-Carb Recipes for Every Occasion
  • Super Low-Carb Snacks: 100 Delicious Keto and Paleo Treats for Fat Burning and Great Nutrition
  • The Little Women Cookbook: Tempting Recipes from the March Sisters and Their Friends and Family
  • Fresh Flavours for the Slow Cooker Reinvent the Slow-Cooked Meal; 77 Mouthwatering Recipes
  • The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor
  • Ama: A Modern Tex-Mex Kitchen (Mexican Food Cookbooks, Tex-Mex Cooking, Mexican and Spanish Recipes)
  • The Pasta Friday Cookbook: Let's Eat Together
  • Keto Sweet Tooth Cookbook: 80 Low-Carb Ketogenic Dessert Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Pies, Fat Bombs, Shakes, Ice Cream, and More
  • The Girl from Widow Hills
  • The Weirdies
  • Better Homes and Gardens Calorie-Smart Meals: 150 Recipes for Delicious 300-, 400-, and 500-Calorie Dishes
  • Skinnytaste Meal Prep: Healthy Make-Ahead Meals and Freezer Recipes to Simplify Your Life: A Cookbook
  • The World at Night: Spectacular photographs of the night sky
  • The Guest List
  • From Freezer to Instant Pot: The Cookbook: How to Cook No-Prep Meals in Your Instant Pot Straight from Your Freezer
  • Slow Cooker Revolution
  • Cooking that Counts: 1,200- to 1,500-Calorie Meal Plans to Lose Weight Deliciously
  • Cookies for Everyone: 99 Deliciously Customizable Bakeshop Recipes