Start by marking “Stepping Out in Faith” as Want to Read:
Stepping Out in Faith

Stepping Out in Faith

Andy Dylan is a deeply closeted priest who has lived his life denying his sexuality. But after a rogue night with Marcus Clayton, indulging in long buried temptations, Andy can no longer ignore the truth about who he is. Can he come to terms with his sexuality without abandoning his faith? Will Marcus stick around while Andy figures out what it means to be a gay Catholic?
ebook
Published August 6th 2018 by HBL Press

To ask other readers questions about Stepping Out in Faith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stepping Out in Faith

Start your review of Stepping Out in Faith
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
2.5 stars.

Read for SBTB April - June 2019 Quarterly Challenge: A book featuring a person of faith.
Line
Aug 12, 2018 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie  ·  review of another edition
Freebie at amazon.com right now: https://www.amazon.com/Stepping-Out-F...
Coco.V
Mar 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/11/2019)!
Tristan
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3/5

It got its moments.
Silvia
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh....tears of joy

This book was a fast read with all the dialog so I found myself reading it slowly so I could make it last. Yes, I enjoyed it that much. Andy is a priest, and he is gay. When he goes to a gay nightclub to try to come to reckoning of his dual selves, he meets Marcus. They connect.

I’ll admit this was a 3 to 4 star book up until about the 75% mark. I thought I knew where this author was taking me. You know, the typical boy meets boy, stars in the eyes and pie in the sky.

I’ll
Patdbooks
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book brought me through many emotions, though I have scored it high there where times in the early stages that I was lost. This book for me create ed a great insight to the struggles some people go through with two important things in their lives - they r sexuality and faith. Her the author brings Andy through a journey where he can be at peace with both and Marcus a life where he can be with one person. Glad I picked it up.
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A terrific book which put me through several emotions.

I enjoyed it dearly when I read the sweet & light scenes, I laughed with the guys.

My heart melted when they were cozy and emotional together and it broke when they had to face the obstacles.

Here's kind of a live thread I made while reading which quotes from the book.

A great book I wholeheartedly recommend. 5 out of 5 stars.
Jodie (JCT)
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this

I kind of wish it was longer would love to have seen andys parents for instance. I instantly liked Marcus a gay man fed up with the party scene. Then slowly begun to like Andy to but in the beginning i felt sorry for him.

I did find some of it a little unbeliable on time lines and things but i would read another from the same author.
Allison
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
3.5 stars.

It was fine, but it felt like it was more about how someone could find peace with religion and being gay and the romance got lost in that. A bit too much sex, as in, it wasn't advancing the plot.

I liked some of it, other parts not as much. I skimmed without any real loss starting around seventy percent.
Dave
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Quick read, interesting sub text about faith, love and commitment and reorientating these in the light of integrity. Not over deep, but some food for thought.
Elaine
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Story

I enjoyed this story, the Main Characters were great. I loved the storyline. This is the first I read written by the Author . More will come.

• Lovers (Voyeur, #2)
  • Pink Lace and Stolen Hearts
  • A Not So Typical Love
  • More Than Christmas (Michigan Seasons #1)
  • Lima Oscar Victor Echo and The Truth About Everything
  • Taxes and Tardis
  • Red Dirt Heart 3 (Red Dirt, #3)
  • On Davis Row
  • Deep is the Heart: Book One
  • Uncle of the Groom: A different kind of love story
  • If We Could Go Back (Camassia Cove, #6)
  • The Ugly Post - A love story
  • Reindeer Games (Ace's Wild, #6)
  • Claim (A Dangerous Man, #3)
  • Nor Iron Bars a Cage
  • Oasis (Inferno #2)
  • Rory's Last Chance (Love in Xxchange, #1)
  • Like and Subscribe
Hudson Lin was raised by conservative immigrant parents and grew up straddling two cultures with ofttimes conflicting perspectives on life. Instead of conforming to either, she has sought to find a third way that brings together the positive elements of both.

Having spent much of her life on the outside looking in, Hudson likes to write stories about outsiders who fight to carve out their place in