Start by marking “Ugly Love: A Survivor’s Story of Narcissistic Abuse” as Want to Read:
Ugly Love: A Survivor’s Story of Narcissistic Abuse

Ugly Love: A Survivor’s Story of Narcissistic Abuse

Have you ever felt like a normal discussion
turns into him raging at you, while you cower in
the corner, not certain what just happened
to set him off? Have you felt like you would be
punished if you stand up for yourself? Have you ever
been told you are imagining things and
everyone thinks you're crazy? Have you
been told no one else could ever love you?
Have you been led
Published July 27th 2018 by BookBaby

To ask other readers questions about Ugly Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ugly Love

Start your review of Ugly Love: A Survivor’s Story of Narcissistic Abuse
Maxine (Booklover Catlady)
This is one of the best books from a Survivor’s perspective I’ve read. The author describes her own painful and devastating journey with her Narcissistic mother and then the abusive Narcissistic man that was her husband for many years.

It’s more than just her story which I related to so much with both relationships but it’s informative as to what Narcissist’s do and how there are varying degrees of it.

It has a brilliant extensive section on gaslighting, most books cover it but this really
Missy Block
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“””this wasn’t the life or fairy tale you said “yes” to”””

First off, Ugly Love is the PERFECT title for this book, for this trap that we either are born into, fall for....or both. To give a detailed description would be giving away all the best parts of this book. A narcissist. Cruel, selfish, narrow minded...destructive without remorse. If you’re living with one, read this book. If you’ve survived one, read this book. If you’re related to one, read this book. Warning, it will trigger ALL your
Hayley
Sep 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley
THis book is all about a woman's experience living wish a Narcissist and dealing
with the constant abuse and manipulation that he placed on her. It was heartbreaking to listen
to how he made her question her own judgement on things that she knew to be true. I can't
imagine having to live under that constant bagering it would drive anyone crazy. THis book
really opens the readers eyes to things that are not right in relationships and helps shine
the light on things that abusers would rather have left
Casey
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Laura Charanza wrote 'Ugly Love' as a two-time survivor of narcissistic abuse. In her book, she shows how living with a narcissistic person follows a specific pattern and how anyone could fall into their trap. In the last quarter of the book, Charanza discusses how you can get help and support from narcissistic abuse, utilizing her own experiences to show that it is possible to leave and rebuild your life.
While I found that Charanza had a lot of great information and input from professionals, I
Randi
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This little book has a lot of good information for anyone who has been in the clutches of a narcissist, so I appreciate that. However, the advice is minimal and fairly basic, so it's best used as an "intro" book on the subject.
Caroline Abbott
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This author did a very good job describing life with a narcissist. She used great examples from her own life. She also interviewed several psychologists, who gave great input
DANIEL GHANIME
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
An experience that many would relate to, presented in a professional way without loosing the personal human emotional aspect of the bitterness and trauma one passes through.
Angel Suarez
I love the message and received many great pockets of inspiration, but the grammatical errors and misprints drove me crazy!!
Kriz M
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! A must read for anyone who has been or is in an abusive toxic relationship, or anyone who has a loved friend or family member in one.

It opens your eyes to many things and a lot of behavior that we shouldn't be okay with.

Must read!!

• Enough about You, Let's Talk about Me: How to Recognize and Manage the Narcissists in Your Life
  • When Pleasing You Is Killing Me
  • Fast Girl: A Life Spent Running from Madness
  • Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
  • I’ll Run Till the Sun Goes Down: A Memoir About Depression and Discovering Art
  • Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself
  • Divorcing a Narcissist: One Mom's Battle
  • Traci Lords: Underneath It All
  • The Emotionally Destructive Marriage: How to Find Your Voice and Reclaim Your Hope
  • My Little Pony: Rarity and the Curious Case of Charity
  • The Crown: Truth & Fiction: An Expert Analysis of Netflix Series, THE CROWN
  • Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness
  • Marry Me at Christmas (Fool's Gold, #19)
  • Lie With Me
  • It Doesn't Have to Be Crazy at Work
  • Lost Among the Living
  • Protecting Yourself from Emotional Predators: Neutralize the Users, Abusers and Manipulators Hidden Among Us
  • The Quickie