Start by marking “The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street  (Tradd Street, #6)

The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street

(Tradd Street #6)

Published October 22nd 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street, please sign up.
Bridgett I won the giveaway and just finished. I wouldn’t mind sending it to you if you paid for shipping…moreI won the giveaway and just finished. I wouldn’t mind sending it to you if you paid for shipping (less)
Marge Karen White said in October 2019 and that its title is the Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street.

Start your review of The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #6)
Julie
The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street by Karen White is a 2019 Berkley publication.

A Christmas present for Tradd Street fans!!

Melanie is not exactly in the holiday spirit- so to speak- mainly because she’s harboring a secret from Jack, which is a big no-no, and she knows it, despite all of her rationalizations.

She’s also dealing with renovations, an ongoing mystery, a bit of sibling rivalry, Jack’s publishing woes, and her constant craving for sugar.

But, when it comes to her attention that
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
It’s no secret the Tradd Street books are one of the few series I’ve kept up with from start to finish. I simply adore Karen White and can’t miss a book, though I do have a few standalones saved for good measure.

Melanie is back and celebrating Christmas with her husband and twin babies. At the same time, a Colonial era cistern is being excavated from her garden. But since this is Tradd Street, there are ghosts…

…and the cistern has many that are now in Melanie’s house, and they aren’t really
Holly  B
I didn't realize this was sixth in a series, but it worked out fine. The author did a nice job of filling in the backstory. Really enjoyed the Charleston, NC setting with the history.

Karen White has an easy writing style that allowed me to enjoy this Tradd Street mystery. The quirky characters, roaming spirits and "ghost" mystery were entertaining.

Thanks to NG and the publisher for my review copy. This one published on October 22, 2019
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
After reading my first Tradd Street series book, I was not only hooked on Karen White's writing but on the series itself and the best part, is that the series keeps getting better and better as the characters grow, sometimes in painful, very realistic ways. The ghosts are creepier, the mysteries even more solid, and the relationships and bonds more endearing.

I adore everything about this series and while Melanie sometimes frustrates me with her thought process, she is an endearing character
Holly  B
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Now waiting for the next!
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Involved and crazy! Did Not like the ending. She needs to mellow out, be a parent and wife.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This new book picks up right where the last Tradd Street story left off. Ghosts are hanging around trying to tell a story and making themselves well known enough that you just have to listen.

One thing that did catch me off-guard and kind of bothered me a bit is the fact that the main character is constantly overwhelmed and constantly surrounded by other people.

Whether they’re
Gail
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
As a huge fan of this series, I was very much looking forward to this book. And while the mystery itself was compelling and well written as always, I find myself losing patience with the main characters. Jack and Mellie are middle-aged with small children at this point. I hope the author will stop placing their relationship in peril as a device to keep bringing readers back for the next book. It is disappointingly manipulative to the reader and makes these two "adults" very unlikeable.

Full
Kira

Melanie is seeing ghosts and keeping it a secret. Jack is having troubles with his publisher. Marc is causing lots of trouble in their lives.

The characters are the best part of the series. Melanie and Jack are a great couple, but they don't feel like a team most of the time. Melanie constantly withholds information from Jack. It's annoying because there isn't a good reason for it and it the cause of most of the relationship issues between them. Being married and being a mother has
Megan W. (pnwbookworm)
I loved finally getting to go back and visit Melanie, Jack and the twins. I was so excited for another Tradd street story and for the most part I wasn’t disappointed. I loved seeing the twins older and getting into mischief and I enjoyed getting back to the other supporting characters. I also found the mystery to be delightful. It was well done and rich in history and full of creepy ghosts and a really creepy setting. Overall it was a pretty great book.

*Spoilers Ahead*

The one thing I didn’t
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

I’m always excited when I hear Karen White is releasing a new book. It’s even more exciting when that book is part of a series I have loved and has a holiday theme.

If you’re not familiar with Karen White or the Tradd Street series, it revolves around Melanie Trenholm and her ability to communicate with ghosts. Melanie lives in Charleston, South Carolina where the rich history of the area makes for some
Annette
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2019
First off I love Karen White books and her Tradd Street series. This book I almost wanted to throw across the room when I was finished. I did not like the ending but I understand it. I thought the story dragged a bit at times or maybe just too many things going on. I find Melanie annoying and wimpy, I just want to shake her! I will be patiently waiting for the next one to see what happens
The Lit Bitch
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Over the years I have had my eye on the Tradd Street series by Karen White. I have read Karen White’s other books and collaborations but have yet to pick up her more popular Tradd Street series.

I really have no particular reason other than I just don’t think if it when I go on the hunt for a mystery. Well this book came up for review and the lovely cozy Christmas cover hooked me.

As always, I had some trepidations about picking this book up with is being number 6 in the series, but I simply
MaryJane Rings
I thought the book was interesting to a point. It revolves around the mystery of the continual renovation of the historic house. There is also the plantation that the Vanderhorsts once owned that now comes on the scene. Although it has been sold, the cemetery at the plantation wasn't part of the deal and still belonged to the Vanderhorst estate. This comes to play in the story. There is the usual assortment of ghosts, Melanie is still getting herself into hot water. due to her ability to try to ...more
The Nerd Daily
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally published on The Nerd Daily | Review by Marla Warren

With The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street, the sixth book in the Tradd Street series which can be read as standalones, Karen White has again brought us a new and compelling mystery. Full of history and details of the American Revolution, White continues her streak of entertaining, well-paced, and expertly told stories of the town of Charleston.

Picking up right where The Guests on South Battery left off, Melanie Trenholm and the
Abbey
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gaaaaah!!!

Karen White!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

*throws book*
*shakes fist into the air*
*hides under covers until the next (and final!) book is released*
Ce
Oct 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Jaja
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thank you, Goodreads Giveaway and Penguin Random House for this ARC.

The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street is the 6th installment of Tradd Street series from New York Times bestselling author, Karen White.

In this installment, Jack, Melanie, and Jayne get mixed up with Anthony, Marc's brother. Together, with help from their bevy of friends and family members, they solve another mystery and help another ghost to find peace.

I didn't enjoy this as much as I did the past four books. Hence, the
Nancy Baker
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-goodreads
Nothing beats a Karen White book. I won a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I apolgize that I sat on it for over a month but I wanted to read a "spirit" book around Halloween and it was well worth the wait.

This is book #6 in White's Tradd Street series. It doesn't require reading #1-5 in the series first, but without the background of certain people and happenings, it could be harder to follow. That being said, this was yet another wonderful tromp down the antiquated
Devyn Bulmahn
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it just like I’ve loved all the other Tradd Street books! It’s amazing to watch these characters grow. The storyline of this book was very similar to the others but it’s a big enough difference that it’s definitely going to keep your attention. So happy I won this book and had a chance to hopefully encourage people to become a huge Karen White fan like me!!
Cynthia
I'm sorry to say that this book is not as good as the previous books in this series. Many of the characters, particularly Melanie, have become caricatures. Melanie has evolved into a character that is even more judgmental and shallow. The way she talks to her friend Sophie about her fashion choices is uncomfortable to read.

Her relationship with Jack is an illogical mess. Leaving that mess (and Jack's career issues) unresolved was annoying, as was the lack of resolution for the secondary mystery.
Beverly Turner
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this ARC as a Goodreads giveaway. I want to say upfront that although I have read other books by Karen White, I have not read any of the Tradd Street series. So that lack of background might have hindered me somewhat. I have enjoyed Ms. White's other books so much and found them hard to put down. But with this book, I had the opposite problem and found myself skimming large chunks of description that seemed to have nothing to do with the main story line.

Most of the time I found
Stevie Carroll
Oct 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Previously reviewed on The Good, The Bad, and The Unread:

In an effort to read more holiday fiction this year, I got hold of a review copy of this book based on having read a stand-alone novel by the author before, and without realising that this one was part of an ongoing series. Going more on the title than anything more than a quick skim of the blurb, I was also expecting friendly ghosts pointing the way to Christmas Cheer and helping our protagonists solve suitably cosy mysteries. That wasn’t
Lorraine
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys ‘spirit/s’ at Christmastime.
Charleston has a huge amount of history associated with it. Karen White’s The Christmas Spirits on Tradd Street (Tradd Street Series, #6) winds an enthralling story around many of the historical aspects of Charleston: historical houses, historical snippets of the American Revolution and the Civil War, an archaeological dig connected to the American Revolution taking place in Melanie and Jack’s backyard at this moment as well as Jack and Marc Longo’s historical feud, historical re-enactors ...more
Lori
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tradd Street is a fun & light hearted series that is nice to pick up to give my brain a rest from all the ‘heavier’ novels I find myself gravitating toward. Unfortunately, this is probably my least favorite of the series thus far. It wasn’t bad I just didn’t like the storyline as much as I’ve enjoyed others. Hated the ending. Thought it felt very out of place and unrealistically dramatic even for this series. Still love me some Karen White & will always be giddy when I see a new book. ...more
Linda
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2019
I picked this book because it had a Christmas theme and because I'm a fan of Karen White. But because I have not read any of the other Tradd Street books, I didn't know the "spirits" mentioned in the title would be the ghostly kind! I'm not normally a fan of books with ghosts, but I enjoyed this one. I don't think I will go back and read the previous books, but I might read the next one in the series because of the cliff-hanger ending.
Linda Smatzny
I received this book for free thru the Goodreads First Read Program. The story is set in Charleston and features Melanie Trenholm as the main character. Melanie can see and hear spirits and that is causing problems in her home life because she has the tendency to not reveal what is going on. Melanie and her husband, Jack, are facing trouble from a man who hates to lose. The book is an easy read.
Sharlene
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love Karen White books and this was no exception. A trip to Tradd St is always a treat and add in the holiday and definitely a delight.
Dale
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Sabosl
Oct 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Cindy Scioli
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Put me in the Christmas spirit

What can I say this book is spectacular! I just hope the next one comes out soon and if you have t read this series you really need to!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Let It Snow
  • The Christmas Boutique (Elm Creek Quilts #21)
  • Garden in the South Battery
  • What Happens in Paradise
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Lowcountry Boomerang (Liz Talbot Mystery #8)
  • Christmas at the Waratah Inn
  • Secrets of the Chocolate House (Found Things #2)
  • Eighteen Winters
  • Noel Street
  • The Summer Guests
  • Thomas Kinkade's Cape Light: When Christmas Comes (Cape Light #20)
  • Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry
  • Nantucket White Christmas: A feel-good, small town, Christmas story
  • All About Evie
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Spirit of the Season
  • Read and Buried (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #6)
With more than 1.8 million books in print in eight different languages, Karen White is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of 23 novels, including the popular Charleston-set Tradd Street mystery series.

Raised in a house full of brothers, Karen’s love of books and strong female characters first began in the third grade when the local librarian issued her a library card and placed The

Tradd Street (6 books)
  • The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1)
  • The Girl On Legare Street (Tradd Street, #2)
  • The Strangers on Montagu Street (Tradd Street, #3)
  • Return to Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #4)
  • The Guests on South Battery (Tradd Street, #5)