Start by marking “Snowed in with the Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Snowed in with the Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3.5)

Snowed in with the Cowboy

(Gold Valley #3.5)

Look for Snowed in with the Cowboy, the exciting new novel from Maisey Yates, available from September 2018.

Christmastime in Gold Valley, Oregon, means hot chocolate, snowy nights and one very sexy cowboy holiday surprise…

Published August 20th 2018 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about Snowed in with the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowed in with the Cowboy

Start your review of Snowed in with the Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3.5)
Jessica
Jan 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This story was included at the end of A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (which I received for free from Harlequin as part of their Bookstagram Christmas mailing).

Since this was a novella, it was pretty short and that was my main issue with it. The whole romance happened at lightning speed so it felt rushed. This would have been better as an actual novel so that the feelings and emotions could develop more fully.

I was also not the biggest fan of the step-sibling trope. It felt a little weird, given
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Snowed in with the Cowboy is a short novella in the Gold Valley series by Maisey Yates.

A winter storm, Christmas, and one hot sexy cowboy.

The Gist: Chloe and Tanner are step-siblings who have secretly been hung up on each other for forever. They don’t want to mess up the family. What would the siblings and her mom think?

Chloe and Tanner where nice. They have this teasing thing going on and some awkward moments since they’ve known each other so long and that they both like each other. They’ve
Snowed in with the Cowboy is installment 3.5 in Maisey Yates's western romance series titled Gold Valley. I found it as a bonus short story available at the end of A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas. It's a sexy, forbidden romance about stepsiblings who get snowed in together. They are adults and the parents are now divorced, but their family dynamics have prevented any relationship up to this point even though they both have had secret but significant interest. Due to the novella format, things go ...more
♥Rachel♥
Dec 07, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I've been waiting for Chloe and Tanner's story. They've been side characters in the previous Reid Brother stories (all the .5 novellas in the Gold Valley series). They're stepbrother and sister, and it's been obvious that Chloe had feelings for Tanner, but I wasn't sure where he stood.

Always love a stranded-together-in-a-cabin sort of romance, where the couple must finally face their attraction. Snowed in with the Cowboy was short and sweet, low on drama; exactly what I was craving
Aly
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe doesn't really care for Christmas gift when she can't have what she really wants : her stepbrother. But wouldn't it be great to lose her virginity with the man she loved for so long ?

When Chloe's mom married his father and Chloe entered his life, it made Tanner see all the good things that was in his world, things he took for granted before. But the fact that she was too young for him and that he didn't want the family dynamic to be different kept him from doing anything about his
Stacee
When I saw this in the back of another Maisey, I couldn’t help but read it first.

I’ve liked the little snippets of Chloe that we saw in other books, so I was excited to see her get a story. Tanner was definitely in his head as much as I expected, but he also surprisingly opened up.

Plot wise, it was good. The problem with a novella, is that it’s never enough and this is a story that definitely could have done with a full book. I would have liked more on how their feelings grew, but it worked.

Susan
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Short and steamy story. Years ago, Chloe's mom married Tanner's father, giving Chloe three new brothers. The problem is, the oldest brother, Tanner, never felt like a brother to her. She's always had feelings for him, and they've gotten stronger the older she is. She has a great job working with the ranch horses and terrific relationships with Calder and Jackson and their wives. She doesn't want to risk those relationships by revealing her feelings for Tanner.

Tanner is caught between a rock and
Romancebooksandmore
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So this was a short story but it was one of my fav troupes step siblings how forbidden. I was holding my breath through out the whole thing.

I was rooting for and crying for Tanner and Chloe. I wanted it to be a full story, I wanted more family reaction on wanted that wedding. but I fived what I got because it was amazing. highly recommend to anyone.
Diana
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chloe and Tanner

A short story of Christmas family and the feelings between a step sister and step brother that have never been talked about.
The family is headed up the mountain to have everyone together in a cabin for Christmas. The weather turns had and a night in a lodge half way to their destination changes things for Tanner and Chloe.
As always a good story by Maisey Yates.
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2MDHTgr

Christmas, a winter storm, one hot sexy cowboy who you've been lusting after for years aaaaand...getting snowed in with said cowboy at a small town lodge? Christmas wish come true!

The hitch? Well, that cowboy and that cowgirl are step siblings who've been secretly hung up on each other since forever. And, sweet Mary, what would their siblings and mom think if they gave in and had their way with each other?!! Erms!

Yall.
Beth
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a great Christmas read, great cover and love that is has an HEA ending. i have read a few of Maisy's book now ... look forward to more very very soon. ( :
Maria
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting for Chloe’s story for a long time and I was not disappointed! The is a wonderful step brother story. The fears of having the entire family finding out and the trust it takes to get past those fears drive this story to the top. I have read all of this series and have loved every minute of this one. In the other books the author would get too much into the inner struggle and go on for 4 or 5 pages of doubts and it would just be too much; but not this book. This is a wonderful ...more
3.5 Stars
Donna
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chloe was in love with Tanner, but the big problem, he was her stepbrother. How could she let her feeling be known? She was worried about how her family would react. Story is well written and engrossing from beginning to end. I could not quit until finished. VERY Good. I highly recommend.
Sue Stewart
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great novella! Think Chloe was spot on - Tanner would be my Christmas fantasy wish too. Loved their journey to fulfill the wish.
Tiffany Lake
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

I love this series. The brothers all got married and started there family's, and I was so Happy to see Tanner get his wife also. Hey fit so we'll together .
Danielle
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claire Mc Partlin
This was a Gold Valley novella and I'd just finished reading 'A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas' and really enjoyed it, so I went straight onto this one as it was also a lovely Christmas-themed story, lots of snow and Christmas feelings, perfect for this time of year.

Chloe and Tanner are step-siblings, but haven't felt very sisterly/brotherly to each other for years, but each has been hiding it for fear of upsetting the family dynamics. Chloe's Mum married Tanner's Dad and moved to their ranch when
Cheri
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle

I’m enjoying the smaller stories this author has been adding to this series as it goes along. Sometimes I have issues with the .5 books, especially when an author uses it to give us more info on an already beloved couple and somehow ruins the things I loved about that couple. But Maisey Yates has been using the .5 part of this series to tell us new stories of a family that’s not involved with the winery and dude ranch that take up the bulk of the full number books in this series. It’s
Christi Snow
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Quickie Review:
A snowed-in trope combined with a bit of forbidden love...falling in love with the stepbrother. I'll admit, I'm not usually one for the stepbrother story line, but this one worked for me. And that maybe because I'm a huge sucker for the snowed-in trope.

I liked Chloe and Tanner together and the reasons both for why they've resisted for so long and given in now worked for me. Oh, and I forgot the virgin trope. Wow...for a novella, this story really had a lot packed into it...and
Marcie Robinson
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Snowed in with the Cowboy” by Maisey Yates is a Gold Valley novella and features Tanner Reid and Chloe Nolan. If you’ve been following the Reid brothers, Jackson (“Mail Order Cowboy”) and Calder (“Hard Riding Cowboy”), you already know a little bit about Tanner.

Tanner and Chloe travel together to meet the rest of the Reid family to celebrate Christmas. Bad weather rolls in and the two have to stop for the night. With only one room left at the lodge, and one bed, Chloe takes a chance and tells
💋Meme Chanell Book Corner💋

Whew it must be hard having a crush on your step brother and knowing you can’t do a thing about it. Chloe had had a crush on a Tanner since their first meeting. Tanner’s father married Chloe’s mother and this Christmas everyone is paired off except for Chloe and of course Tanner. They both live together in the main house and the only reason Chloe has not left is because she likes being near to Tanner.

Tanner on the other hand is attracted to Chloe but he feels he is much too old for her and his
Darlene Wilson
Nov 13, 2019 rated it liked it
There’s only one thing Chloe Nolan wants for Christmas this year—and he wears a cowboy hat and is completely off-limits. When her mom married into the Reid family, Chloe found her calling, working with horses on the ranch. How could she risk that newfound stability by revealing her crush on her stepbrother, Tanner? But when Chloe and Tanner get snowed in on their way to a family gathering, it’s just the chance to extinguish the flame that’s been burning for too long. One night. One wish. One bed ...more
Nate Brightman
Oct 01, 2018 rated it liked it
I adore Maisey Yates and her Copper Ridge and Gold Valley series. That said the whole step-siblings to lovers thing still feels a little icky to me. I know, I know, they're not blood related but I can't help the way I feel about it. If my son and one of my step-daughters had hooked up it would have definitely freaked me out at least at first. Still it was a nice novella with some steamy and some romance and a H.E.A. as I assume we're now going to close the book on the Reid family portion of the ...more
Linda
Nov 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Chloe Nolan’s mother married Tanner Reid’s father and they lived in the same household. She has always thought of Tanner as her knight in armor and he fell in love with her when she was 18. On the way to their family’s cabin to celebrate Christmas, they are stranded by a snowstorm and have to share a room with one bed. Chloe tells him she wants to have sex with him and they can blame it on the storm. He wants her so he agrees. But after the storm, they don’t want their new relationship to end ...more
Jessica Johnson
This book was either cheap or free on kindle, so I got it. I usually read Christian romance, so this was outside my norm. I was a little weirded out by the fact that this was her step-brother, but it was no different than the movie "Clueless," where adult kids' parents are married (or already married and then divorced, as in Clueless). In this story, I thought it was weird that the two lived in the same house. Ick.
Sigrid
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another great story by Maisey Yates that has been building off the other novellas with the Reid family. While I love Maisey Yates, I struggle with her novellas because for me they are way to short and I always am left with wanting more - more character development, more time with the characters and just more. But that said, the story is great and the chemistry between the characters is there and sizzling. Tanner and Chloe finally get their HEA.
shiela b. bradley
A great story for a television series.

Maisey Yates writes a very good story. Tanner and Chloe are great lead characters. This book seems like an unusual story but at the same time, it's quite interesting. It has a great family from which to learn. My favorite part was about the snow storm.
Jaime ~ Fiction Fangirls
Darcie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super sweet story of family and love

Oh how Tanner stole my heart in this story. These two are so sweet and watching Tanner work through how to get to his HEA with Chloe was perfect.

• Snowbound at Christmas (Montana Men, #5.5)
  • Santa's on His Way
  • Tempted by Love (Montana Heat, #3)
  • Cowboy Rebel
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Lone Star Christmas (Coldwater Texas, #1)
  • Cowboy Honor (Longhorn Canyon #2)
  • Wyoming Legend (Wyoming Men, #8)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)
  • Matt (Texas Rascals #2)
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • Cowboy Brave
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)
  • Rancher's Dream (The Montana Cahills, #6)
  • To Tame a Wild Cowboy (Cupid, Texas #7)
  • Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc, #4)
  • Season of Wonder (Haven Point, #9)
  • Christmas in Winter Valley (Ransom Canyon, #8)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author Maisey Yates lives in rural Oregon with her three children and her husband, whose chiseled jaw and arresting features continue to make her swoon. She feels the epic trek she takes several times a day from her office to her coffee maker is a true example of her pioneer spirit. In 2009, at the age of twenty-three Maisey sold her first book.

Since then

Gold Valley (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Smooth-Talking Cowboy (Gold Valley, #1)
  • Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2)
  • Good Time Cowboy (Gold Valley, #3)
  • A Tall, Dark Cowboy Christmas (Gold Valley, #4)
  • Unbroken Cowboy (Gold Valley, #5)
  • Cowboy to the Core (Gold Valley, #6)
  • Lone Wolf Cowboy (Gold Valley, #7)
  • Cowboy Christmas Redemption (Gold Valley, #8)
  • The Bad Boy of Redemption Ranch (Gold Valley, #9)
  • The Hero of Hope Springs (Gold Valley, #10)