Start by marking “Ask Me Again” as Want to Read:
Ask Me Again

Ask Me Again

(Ask, Tell #2)

What do you do when the source of all your problems is the one thing you dont know how to fix?
With Dont Ask, Dont Tell nothing more than an unpleasant memory, US Army surgeon Sabine Fleischer is ready to move on with her lifeif she can just figure out how to move past her PTSD. Fresh from her first deployment since surviving a vehicle attack in Afghanistan, Sabine is
Published November 15th 2018 by Bella Distribution

To ask other readers questions about Ask Me Again, please sign up.
E.J. Noyes Thank you!
Short answer - a lot... :)
Thank you!
Short answer - a lot... :)
Because I'm not American, in the medical field or military, and for AMA I also don't suffer PTSD. So all of the nitty gritty stuff had to be researched. But there's plenty of resources on the internet, and also helpful people who answered some of my random questions.
I spend a lot of time searching the internet, reading books that have relevant information in them and trying to be brave enough to ask people who have more knowledge than me.(less)
E.J. Noyes Oh, that would be awesome but unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to make that a project any time soon. Too many other books taking priority.

But…more

But I'll stick it on the 'Maybe if I ever find time' list :D(less)

Start your review of Ask Me Again
Lex Kent
Ask Me Again is another excellent book by Noyes. This is the sequel to the book Ask, Tell. I highly, highly recommend reading Ask, Tell first. This book is powerful and I just dont think it would have the same effect on a reader who doesnt know the backstory. Ask, Tell is one of my all-time favorite romance books so its no hardship to have to read it first.

This book takes place less than a year after Ask, Tell ended. Sabine has finished another tour in Afghanistan and is coming home for her
Diane Wallace
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredible read!
...no let down -- just a riveting series with some intricate storytelling.
A highly recommended series to everyone!
Pin
I liked Ask Me Again even more than its really good predecessor Ask, Tell. I am not much for military romances in war zones so it is not surprising. Ask Me Again is a greatly done romantic drama showing us two strong women sharing the one true love along with struggling with PTSD, guilt and self-recrimination. Noyes makes them struggle hard but never breaks them, not for a moment, and I really appreciate that.
The story is written in first person past tense from the point of view of both
Corporate Slave
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh Miss Noyes I salute you!

Since there are so many reviews on this one, Im not going to write what the story is about..
Sabine you beautiful sexy broken creature, I feel the need to call and check on you! And Bec you loving caring human being, I want to come have a glass of wine with you and give you a hug!
M&Ms, I need to go clubbing with you :)

A very solid 5 stars for a rough and real read ..
Agirlcandream
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well done. This second book is much darker than Ask, Tell and it needs to be. I know, I know, the first book in the series had lots of angst built into it and you don't want to cry again. If you have not read Ask,Tell stop reading this review. If you have, then you need to pick up this book to see what happens to Sabine and Rebecca. You will be rewarded with an awesome read.

I loved reading this book from the perspective of both women. It cemented my understanding of the love each had for the
Bethany
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First off, I want to preface this review by mentioning that Noyes' first book, 'Ask Tell' is one of my favorite reads of all time. I really don't say that lightly either - out of the thousands of books I've read in my life, it's one of the very top rated novels on my shelf. With that being said, if you haven't read 'Ask Tell' yet, stop what you're doing and go read it immediately. 'Ask Me Again' would work as a standalone novel, but a big part of this story is based on an incident that happened ...more
Sandra
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f, romance, military, ptsd
This is my third novel from E.J. Noyes, and it's the third I rated with five stars. She's definitely one of my favorites authors now.

Ask Me Again is the sequel to Ask, Tell and I would say it's entirely necessary to read them in order. This book starts about one year after Ask, Tell ended. Sabine is coming home again from another tour in Afghanistan, for her break before the next deployment. She is still suffering from The Incident the last time she was over there. She has everything planned for
Jude in the Stars
I have never been in the military, let alone in a war zone, and I wont pretend I understand what Sabine is going through with PTSD following the incident from Ask, Tell. I have however been trying to convince myself for years that I do not suffer from my own PTSD (my wife will be very proud of me for acknowledging this) since a car bomb exploded outside my high school when I was eleven (or was I twelve?). Add burnout and anxiety with sometimes similar symptoms So while the experience is ...more
Rosi
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I will not summarize the plot of the book, for that you can read the synopsis. I'm just going to say that this book is a powerful story about the consequences of suffering a shock that changes your life. It is a detailed description of the syndrome of post-traumatic disorder, but not only for the person who suffers the accident but for those around, such as the partner, family or friends.

And the feelings that are described are very detailed and strong, heartrending at times, although the
Tere
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook review

This was the highly anticipated sequel to Noyes debut novel Ask, Tell. Although technically not necessary to read the first installment to enjoy this one, I highly recommend doing so in order to fully grasp the dynamics within the story.

Ask Me Again picks up 2 years after the end of the first book. Surgeon Rebecca Keane is now retired from the Army and runs a civilian trauma center in Washington DC. Captain Sabine Fleischer is finishing her second to last deployment before
Les Rêveur
Sequel to Ask, Tell by EJ Noyes this book had to be written.

Sabine is back from another military tour but her PTSD is worse than ever. She is struggling to function in her day to day life but more so, she is struggling with her relationship with her beautiful girlfriend and ex commanding officer, Rebecca. Its undeniable they are meant to be together and the love they have for one another is even stronger than ever before. But with Rebecca struggling to move on from the part she played in Sabine
Carrie
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Ask Me Again' is a deeply moving continuation of 'Ask, Tell.'

It felt as if I was a spectator (or fly on the wall) throughout this entire story. And it was uncomfortable. I imagine Noyes did PTSD justice. It was horrifying to watch Sabine struggle with the changes, actions, and feelings she could not prevent. And alternatively just as terrifying to observe Rebecca's silent suffering while trying to support her girlfriend.

This is one of those books that is tough to read but you feel like you've
Sandra Andersson
Okay so to all the people who warned me that this book would be even more emotional than the first one.. y'all were fucking right. I can easily listen to a audiobook in one day but this took me over two days to finish because I would get so overwhelmed by my stupid feelings that I have to take several breaks.

It was so beautiful though, I loved the first book but I think I loved this just a tiny bit more. The writing is amazing and the relationship between Sabine and Bec is beautiful. Noyes is
Corrie
Ask Me Again is not a light read (or listen in this case as it was the audio book). PTSD is just a very serious subject matter and it was heartbreaking to witness Sabines struggle. I have a serious character crush on Rebecca, or maybe its a combination of E. J. Noyes masterful writing and the silken voice of Abby Craden bringing her to life.

OMG!!! Abby fucking Craden is a marvel. Her voice acting absolutely took my breath away. And with so many emotional scenes this must have been a tough book
Loek Krancher
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh!

What a powerful story! Many sad and emotional heartbreaking things happened in this exceptional sequel. Fortunately, there are also beautiful moments, full of love, that will warm your heart. The author does a more than excellent job describing what Sabine and Rebecca has to go through to re-establish the life they once knew. I devoured every word and I highly recommend it to everyone.
Luce
5+ Stars for this sequel of Ask, Tell. Probably in my Top 10 for 2019.

You really must read Ask, Tell before reading this book, Ask Me Again. US Army surgeon Captain Sabine Fleischer has returned from Afghanistan. She and her buddy, Mitch are assigned to Walter Reed Hospital, until they get orders for their next deployment. Sabine surprises her girlfriend, now a civilian and ex-commanding officer, Rebecca Keane by arriving a day early. Trauma surgeon, Rebecca, now heads a trauma unit at a
Laure
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
🏳🌈👭📚👩❤👩🏳🌈

A while ago, I was offered the paperback of Ask Me Again by a very good Friend of mine 🙃🙂 (from the bottom of my heart : THANK YOU, again, my Dear !! 😊🤗).

To understand properly everythings happening in Ask Me Again (and why), its highly recommended to read Ask, Tell first cause Ask Me Again is the sequel of Ask, Tell ( https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... )
For whose whod have missed my review on it, here is the link ( https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... ).

The story
Margaret
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5, l-words
Detailed score: 3.5 rounded down.

Ok. First things first. Dont even think about reading this one if you havent read Ask Tell first. And even if you have read it, its probably worth a refresher.

Now. On to the review. Right. Might just do some vacuuming first. And the dishes. Oooh better walk the dog...

Sigh.

Maybe Im an alien from the planet zorg and no one told me but... I really didnt like this book. 3.5 stars rounded down is the highest score I could possibly give it. If I was being harsher /
JulesGP
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ask Me Again zeroes in on what happens when the body is seemingly healed from trauma but the mind and spirit lag far behind.

Captain Sabine Fleischer is over two years removed from the Incident, an enemy attack on her humvee which she barely survived. She battles PTSD on a daily basis and to complicate matters, her girlfriend, Lt Col. Rebecca Keane is the surgeon who saved her life on the operating table. Bec herself struggles with guilt and a deep sorrow. Keane is retired from the army while
Luce
5+Stars for the Audiobook, Ask Me Again by E.J. Noyes, narrated by Abby Craden. This is the sequel for Ask, Tell which you need to read first.

This is a re-read but this time I listened to the audiobook. This book works well as an audiobook. One its narrated by Abby Craden and two its written in First Person with Sabine and Rebecca switching chapters. So with Cradens stellar narration, it lends itself well as an audiobook with their two viewpoints and emotions as the couple tries to deal with
Kexx
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes a book is really hard to read and this is one of those. Every page is a roller coaster that emotionally drains me. For that reason it's hard work with, for me and the mood I'm in, not enough respite. It's hard enough reading it - but wow, my heart goes out to the two living it & the one writing it!!
Alealea
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, romance, ptsd
This book is a tough cookie.

I had a hard time reading it, because the subject, PTSD coupled with a first person narrator, makes it very difficult to "enjoy".
You don't plunge in the one of the darkest part of human mind and misery, daily terror and anxiety with a smile on your face.

It was implied at the end of the precedent story that Sabine may have PTSD.

Two years later, in denial, she goes deeper and deeper into irrationnality.
It's balanced by the chapter with Becca as narrator. And while
hubsie
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What you should NOT do while reading this book: Let your friends drag you out to the new J-Lo movie right smack in the middle of the story. Also, do not go to a theatre that does not serve alcohol in their screening rooms, and if you do, don't forget your flask, like I did, so you won't be forced to chug a glass of rose in 5 minutes in the lounge. If you find yourself in this situation, you will be thinking about this book whilst trying to focus on Jenny from the block manoeuvre her way through ...more
Bárbara Sousa
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sapphic-books
Wow... this was one intense read. sometimes I felt as if I couldnt breathe in some parts. This was heartbreaking and I dont think Ive ever cried this hard while reading a book. But Im so happy to see how Sabine never stoped fighting to get better and how she overcame all her fears and anxiety bit by bit. of course, it will never go away 100%, but the improvement towards the end made me so damn happy for her and for Rebecca. They deserve all the happiness in the world!! My babies 💛 This authors ...more
Gaby LezReviewBooks
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel of 'Ask, tell' which was one of my favourite lesfic books of 2017, so I was anxiously waiting for it and wondering where was Ms. Noyes taking one of my favourite couples in lesfic. If you haven't read 'Ask, tell' I strongly recommend that you read it first as this sequel won't have the same emotional impact if you don't understand the background story and, anyway, it's a must read for any lesfic fans.

'Ask me again' is a different kind of book by Ms. Noyes. Normally, she
Marilyn
This is a wonderful sequel staring the same couple from Ask, Tell. Noyes did an excellent job with a very tough subject. It's a powerful book. I started it and finished it in one sitting - staying up till the wee hours on a work night. I could not put it down. I'm moving this book and Ask, Tell to my all-time-favorites list.
Cristina
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story of love. Excellent!
Paradise Lost
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f
This was pretty amazing

The first book in this series was great too, but I have a personal issue with reading books set in war torn areas, so it was a grueling read for me, and I put off reading this one for so long because I thought the setting might still be the same.

But because noyes writes so well, and I loved the characters even in the first book, and also i really wanted to see how she tackles PTSD, so I strapped down and got reading

Noyes did an incredible job, as always, with everything.
Alexis
I finally decided to read this.

Why it took me so long? Do you have that one book on your to read list that you know will be amazing no matter what? So you hoard it like Gollum does The One Ring? That's what I've been doing with this one. And now i'm screwed because I've read all of EJN's books.

I think everyone has already read this but me so I'll keep this short. I loved it. The end.

Ok that's not all because I do have to mention that the book is extremely well written but is also very triggering
Linda
Another excellent read! Im on a roll - last couple of books that Ive read were all really awesome, great, brilliant, excellent, fantastic (ok, running out of superlatives now!) read :)) And Ask Me Again is no exception! I loved the writing, the storyline. Ask Me Again is written with 2 POVs (unlike Ask, Tell)- Sabines and Rebeccas which tells us perspectives and thoughts from both protagonists. AMA touched on heavy subject matter (not your normal sweet/vanilla romance); i.e. PTSD and tells us ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Slammed
  • Requiem for Immortals
  • Listen
  • Wrong Number, Right Woman
  • Blurred Lines (Cops and Docs, #1)
  • Who'd Have Thought
  • The Red Files
  • Finding Jessica Lambert
  • Heart Trouble
  • Changing the Script
E. J. Noyes lives in Australia with her wife, a needy cat, aloof chickens and too many horses. When not indulging in her love of reading and writing, E. J. argues with her hair and pretends to be good at things.

Ask, Tell (3 books)