Start by marking “Edge of Forever” as Want to Read:
Edge of Forever

Edge of Forever

When you stand on the edge, you might just find yourself falling.

Teaching Russians how to be cowboys? Levi thinks his father is joking when he tells him that’s what he wants him to do for the next six months. Working in the frozen desolation of southwest Russia he’ll earn enough to buy a new barn for their Montana ranch. But there’s a deeper agenda for sending him to the
Published May 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Edge of Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Edge of Forever

Start your review of Edge of Forever
Judith
There's a reason why Barbara Elsborg is one of my favourite Authors and this book is it.

The prospect of a new book by Barbara Elsborg always gets me excited and this is just perfect,definitely my favourite book by her.I mean,a hot cowboy and a sexy male model....I was practically salivating at the thought so this book most certainly lived up to my expectations.

Pasha, is up there as one of my all time favourite characters Charismatic,funny,true to himself and just a delight to read about.He might seem to have the perfect life but he's got demons from his past and a man whose obsession with him that he can't seem to escape from.His world is turned upside down when he's sent away by his father to work at a ranch for six months.Does he have a choice? Not really,stripped of all his privileges there seems to be no way out of this situation.

Levi has lived his whole life of the family ranch in Montana.He doesn't seem to be appreciated by his father and having a homophobic brother to deal with is wearing him down so when his father suggests a six month spell at a Russian ranch,teaching men how to be cowboys,he sees it as a chance to get some distance.

Pasha arrives at the ranch in designer clothes,with Louis Vuitton luggage,wearing eye liner....maybe not the best idea but he absolutely refuses to hide who he is...in fact he's more likely to ramp up his gayness than hide it.....and I loved him for it.He's ignored by the other men,picked on and one guy in particular seems hell bent on making his life a misery...but Pasha gives as good as he gets,showing such strength of character.

Levi is a bit of a silent type,he's not going to advertise the fact he's gay.He just wants to keep his head down eand get through the six months,but his world is about to be rocked by the arrival of the enigmatic,force of nature that is Pasha.

The two men might be from different worlds but they turned out to be just so damned perfect together...I honestly didn't want this book to end.

Highly Recommended.

Review copy provided by the Author.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Russian cowboy, opposites-attract nirvana.

I had forgotten how much I truly love Barbara Elsborg but this book brought it right back. Edge of Forever is all that is good and special about Barbara Elsborg's writing, wrapped up in one glorious package.

If you haven't read this author before, you are in for a treat. Her books are a unique mix of really funny and really angsty, which is an unusual combination. I'll admit, sometimes her books veer too dark for me (and this book should have a *trigger warning* for sexual abuse of minors),
Wendy
Release day !! WOOT WOOT !!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=orange rating stars

I am a huge Barbara Elsborg fan !! So when I found out she had written a new book, I knew I had to read it !! She is a genius,  I mean nobody does PNR the way she does it, and Inigo is still one of my all time favorite characters. For those of you who don't have a clue who I am talking about....go re
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Thanks to Jen for the BR. And a huge thanks to Marco for the shove I needed to finally read this book.

When an American cowboy arrives in Russia to train potential cattle ranchers, the last thing he expects is to meet the love of his life. But that's exactly what happens.

I really like Elsborg's work, but she's not known for her light and fluffy stories. Edge of Forever is not an easy book. It deals with homophobia, conversion therapy, child sexual abuse, and corrupt Russian polit
Susan
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
-Re-read July 2018-
It was still good, but this time I found it to be a bit too long. It kind of started to drag a bit.

---------------------------------

Levi is a 25 year old American cowboy with an American father and a Russian mother living on a ranch in Montana with his father and his brother. When his father tells Levi he needs Levi to go to Russia for 6 months to teach Russians how to cowboy, Levi agrees since he doesn’t want to stay on the ranch with his homopho
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

Barbara Elsborg is definitely one of my favorite authors!

I really enjoyed this one. It had the perfect mix of everything - some angst, seriosuly laugh out loud banter (I absolutely adored Pasha) and plenty of steam!
Katerina
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A new book by Barbara Elsborg - I saw the cover, read the blurb and was immediately curious about it. A cattle farm in Russia, an American cowboy and a Russian model. Each of them has a story to tell that is very emotional. Both didn't land completely voluntarily in the Russian winter, where they got to know each other.

Pasha's late childhood and youth were clouded by abuse, Levi's by persistent attempts to convert his sexual orientation. The atrocities they both endured have left their marks. Lots of ballast
Christelle
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
**4.5 stars**

Once again, Barbara Elsborg gave me a thrilling romance. Heather K summarizes it well, so I’m quoting her : ”a unique mix of really funny and really angsty.”.

Pasha, a young model, is being sent to a cattle ranch in the middle of Russian nowhere as a penance (or maybe not) from his wealthy father. Impossible for Pasha to blend in this universe : he’s gay, he’s a city boy, he can’t stand durt and blood, but no way will he back down...no, no, no : he stands proud, is going to take it all wit
Ariana
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, ku
*4,5 stars*

I loved it.
I inhaled it.
I found the 'new' scenario really refreshing and captivating. (and the fact that it's based on truth made it even better!)

I adored the MCs:
How could you possibly NOT adore Sasha? He is so genuine and vulnerable but has the courage of a lion. I could only take my hat off to his unwillingness to budge to bullies. And the way he tackles his life with so much optimism. Despite everything.
Levi is
Catherine
Hallelujah! THIS is how you do Mary Calmes' level of crazypants plot lines without making me hate a book. You start me with an overbearing father cranking his control freak tendencies up to a 10 to set up the premise of the book, but then you bring it back to a simmer, and then a low boil, and then - and ONLY then - you can let the whole thing boil over into (view spoiler) and it'll all seem ...more
Karen
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh those Russians...

Ok so here we go again because if you recognize the song that this line is from you are once dating yourself...it was released in 1978...more than a few years ago.

Sorry for some reason this song always pops into my brain when Russia enters into a conversation or as is the case here becomes the setting for a book. I'm pretty sure there's more than one song about Russia out there. Anyways, about the book...

Like a lot of my friends I'm pretty much a sucker for a g
Teal
Apr 23, 2018 marked it as dnf
DNF @ 13%

The story is moving very, very slowly, with lots of telling and interminable musing by the MCs. That's not why I gave up, though; sometimes it's worth persevering with an author whose work you like. And I did like two of Elsborg's previous novels -- Breaking in particular. But this book is hitting two of my pet peeves, and hitting them hard.

First, I have no patience for adult men who haven't managed to individuate from their birth families. Time to grow up, guys! This st
Josy
Holly Gingerbread (God, I love all these crazy elf names) popped in and left this awesome gift for me :) Thanks a lot, Holly ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ 4.5 stars ~

This book was really great and I'm sooo happy that it was gifted to me by an awesome elf!

I LOVED everything about Pasha - his snark and humor, his strength, and his determination. Seriously, Pasha is one of the best characters I've read in a while!
Levi was a littl
Moony Eliver
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018, lgbtqia
2.75 stars. Oh man…this book. OK. I have likes and I have gripes.

Overview: Romance, check. Angst, check. Hot sex, check.
Bear in mind — so many trigger warnings (click the spoiler tag here if you have concerns) (view spoiler)

What I liked about this book was PASHA. He jumped straight off the page and into my hea
Alona
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I do not read m/m books as much as I used to, so when I do finally decide to go back to the genre, I try to pick a book that has a fair chance of being good, or at least entertaining.
Barbara Elsborg is always a good choice, and she definitely delivered yet again!

It was sweet yet not overly so.
It was romantic, the plot was great, the hotness was off the charts (just like Elsborg is so rightly famous for), and the ending was perfect.

It gave me an apatite for more m/m
Bookreader87(Amanda)
First read by this author and I loved it. There were so many different emotions this book pulled out of me, anger, rage, sadness, laughter and happiness. Any book that can do that, in my opinion, is the best kind.

I did minus a star because there were a lot of words, through many chapters, left unsaid . A ton of angst could of been prevented if these two could of just said what was on their mind. Communication is important fellas!

We have Pasha who is a model that tends to get into tr
Jan
Sep 22, 2018 marked it as did-not-finish-dnf
friends. I know I'm in the minority, 97% of my friends loved it and it bloody hurts when we see a book we love not work for a friend. But it is what it is.

I couldn't find a balance, everything was too much. But the worst of it, is that I felt the guys got together since there was no other option for them in that place full of nasty people. Besides, I didn't like Levi and I read Pasha as a spoiled boy.

This is a review that describes perfectly my feelings:
Volha's review
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

4.5 Stars

‘It was hard to be in love with someone who was desperate not to love you…’

We pretty much love everything Barbara Elsborg writes and once again we found ourselves marvelling at the way in which another story grabbed our hearts from the moment we began reading. She drew us in with her intriguing storyline, her wonderful quirky and lovable characters, her wit and her passion. Her darkness and suffering. Her characters all have a way of burrowing deep into our hearts seeing us falling in love, making usStars
‘It
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Loved this so very much. Im still smiling
Alex
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy, sweet
This author is really becoming a favorite of mine!
I haven't read a lot of her books but the ones I had... I Really liked!

With this one, I just fell in love with Pasha...
So brave and funny and unapologetic. I loved him. Simple!

Pasha is a Russian. A model who live in Moscow.
His father decides to send him in a remove ranch in the far country cut of from everything and everyone to 'teach him a lesson'.
It starts as expected. Pasha is singled out. bullied and lonely! ...more
Laxmama
I just adore Barbara Elsborg more each book she writes. From page one of Egde if Forever I was hooked, one more chapter, page or 5 more minutes - I could not put it down. For me I enjoy getting to know the M/C’s, why they are who they are, what draws them to each other, what makes them act the way they do or react. So in this story I had the enjoyment of experiencing all of it through her wonderful writing. What I always realize after when reading one of Elborg’s books is how easily she puts me ...more
Bev
4.5 stars from me. Took me [and Levi, hehe] a while to get with the programme 😉, but I adored [💙] Pasha from the get-go; he was such a lovable character, with a huge heart. He was brilliant.

The ending was lovely, I had a big smile on my face and was chuckling about the Godiva chocolates....you can always guarantee a few chuckles in Barbara's stories. I should add that there is reference in the story to (view spoiler) ...more
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.0 Stars

I can see why so many of my GR friends' reviews varied from hating this to loving it...at least when it comes to Pasha's personality & character. He's not an easy MC to love; he's spoiled, selfish, self-centered and seems to float by on his looks, money & Daddy's connections. But underneath is just a little boy - one who seems to have everything, the world at his fingertips - who wants nothing more than to be loved & cared for (in a non-stalkery/possessive way).
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Every bit as good as you would want. Pasha was a perfect character - he had grit and he had a real desire not to let anyone get the best of him in spite of his past. Levi took a while to come around and I felt like his home life was still a bit distant for the effect it had on him, but I was too caught up in the story of now to really mope about the story of the past.

The Russian Ranch is a character of its own sort - and I learned a lot in general here beyond horses, hay, and barns. The prose i
Joyfully Jay
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Have you ever read a novel that was just about perfect until that last chapter or so when the author writes an ending that feels not only implausible, but over the top romantic? I find that particularly disappointing when the rest of the story is not only fairly realistic, but filled with emotional and sexual tension that flows at just the right pace. It was just that situation with the epilogue that threw me off track while reading Barbara Elsborg’s latest relea
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Buddy Read with Dani, join us here.

This was pretty good. This is the 2nd book I have read with this kind of setup and I think I like it. I can’t imagine being sent to a ranch. I can’t imagine being sent anywhere as a punishment really.

Let’s start with Pasha. I loved him. I really did. He was funny, at times really funny. But, he was always funny and there were times I wished he wasn’t. I’ll admit that I expected so much more drama from him when he got to the ranch but I guess he’d learned so much self-preserv
Chris
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
4.5 stars ...I really enjoyed this book. Beautifully written and very well constructed. This was not rushed and actually gave me time to understand Pasha & Levi and build empathy for them both. Okay, so there was a lot going on and a few backstories that spread like tentacles but in saying that everything pieced together and didn’t feel ad hoc. Pasha was a great character, funny, loyal and very smart. He could read social cues and was relentless in his drive for individuality- while he was o ...more
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. I think this might be my first Barbara Elsborg book, and I loved it! Loved the fairly unique situation, the characters *the ones who weren't assholes, anyway* and loved how everything worked out in the end. (view spoiler)

I'll be getting to some of this author's other books soon!
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, mm, bgirls
4.5 star review by The Blogger Girls.

I was a tiny bit skeptical about this from the blurb, though there were a lot of things that sounded interesting. But, seeing as it is written by Barbara Elsborg, that hesitation didn’t last long. I’m glad I followed my instincts! This was a great story!

This centers around a program where American ranchers are employed to share their knowledge and skills at cattle ranching with the Russians. They have the money to set up a top notch cattle facility
Tess
Since I loved it again on re-read - and still completely adore Pasha and his sense of humour - I’ve upped my rating to the full five stars!

5 stars

So good! Loved pretty much everything about this ... tender and slow-building romance in a completely different setting with tidbits of humour infused throughout. Pretty close to perfect.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Vanilla Clouds
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Honeymoon for One
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • Private Charter
  • The Other Book (Those Other Books, #1)
  • Made for You (Love and Family, #2)
  • Pisces Hooks Taurus (Signs of Love, #4)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Poetry in Motion
  • Any Given Lifetime
  • Flash Rip
  • Gideon (Finding Home, #3)
  • Best Man (Close Proximity #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Refuge
  • Family Camp (Daddy Dearest, #1)
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children