Start by marking “Two Princes of Summer (Whims of Fae, #1)” as Want to Read:
Two Princes of Summer (Whims of Fae, #1)

Two Princes of Summer

(Whims of Fae #1)

Two fae princes fighting for the Summer crown.
A mortal lured into Faerie and caught in their web.
The battle that changes everything.

After her mother's suicide, Scarlett's grief consumes her. When a beautiful, otherworldly stranger offers her a release from her pain, it’s too tempting an opportunity to resist. She’s lured into Faerie and sucked into a royal battle as two
Published July 13th 2017 by Violet Dreams Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Two Princes of Summer, please sign up.
Nissa Leder Yes, an audiobook version is now available!…moreYes, an audiobook version is now available! (less)

Start your review of Two Princes of Summer (Whims of Fae, #1)
Alexander Hamilton
this is like the dollar brand version of the ACOTAR series and tbh the ACOTAR series isn't even that good to begin with
Faith M ✨
To live in dreams is a waste of reality.

The Writing and Worldbuilding

Oh dear this is really bad. But in a kinda good way?

So, this felt like something I would have written at the height of my fairy craze when I was 12 years old. In fact, this feels even more like a terrible vampire book I wrote during that time, almost word for word. It's written with that particular styleless style that people with zero narrative voice always use, where the MC is ~witty~ and lacks personality other than being
Sylvia Mercedes
Can I just start by saying how much I love that cover? Apparently the author herself created it, and . . . WOW! Multi-talented much?

The story inside was fun, exciting, charismatic, fae-fantasy fare. Two dangerous and intriguing princes, one immediately charming, one possibly underestimated (I won't say which is which). And the human girl caught between them, a pawn in their ongoing chess game. Basically everything you want most in this sort of tale.

Altogether an entertaining, lively read, with
Ashlee » Library In The Country
Eek! That did not end how I expected it to! I need the next book now!

RTC
Bookish Penguin
In the begining I thought: Oh wow what a great book I will sure love it. My two star rating talks for itself tho. But why do others rate it so high? I don't get it.

I couldn't care much about any of the characters neither did I care about the plot, which was quite predictable. I listned to the audio book so I at least can recommend the narrator because she was damn good.
I don't know why I feel so distant about the book but it's just how it is. This book had nothing special in it and god give me
Katie
It was hard for me to settle on a rating for this book. This book was exactly what I had been looking for when I picked it up, but despite that, there were enough things I disliked, that I couldn't rate it higher.

In this book, Scarlett has recently lost her mother, and she is invited to Faerie, where a prince of the Summer Court, Cade, promises he can take away her pain. Cade has ulterior motives - he feeds on human emotion in order to strengthen his fae power, which is especially important as
Meaghan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
I may end up upping this to three stars but I honestly don't know yet, the ending felt super unsatisfying and I don't really want to continue the series.

Overall, this book was kinda a meh-fest. Nothing really special stuck out to me, from the plot to the characters to the world. It's honestly probably going to be one of those books I'll have forgotten I read in a few months.

In terms of plot, it was entirely predictable in my opinion. Nothing, from (view spoiler)
Isabel
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
yeah no that's a no from me
Rissa
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two princes of summer 5

Brothers Cade and Raith are destined to destroy the other. One will live the other shall die. They are training building up their strength when Cade finds an easier way to gain power.
Scarlett lost her mother recently and is filled with grief and pain Cades decision to take her pain made him strong, so strong. She was what he needed to win. He just needed to draw on her sadness until he killed his brother.
Raith obviously wants to win. He is older and the rightful heir but
honey (myonna reads)
i truly don’t know how to feel about this book
Jessica | Booked J
Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Scarlett had always wished for more from life. More excitement. More surprises. More something. She craved new adventure. So much so, she never appreciated what she had. Now her mom was gone, and, despite her mom's fits and outbursts, all Scarlett wanted was to have her back.

OH MY GOD! I am completely enamored by the beginning of what is sure to be an epic series. The Two Princes of Summer is an absolutely perfect read for fans of Cassandra Clare, A.G. Howard and
Kira Simion
Aug 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2019, dnf, prime
If you love the fae (*cough* Holly Black *cough*), action, intrigue, and romance, this is not the book for you.

The action isn’t really described that well as too many pieces are left to the imagination, the intrigue isn’t really interesting (as there really isn’t any except in small cases for the romance, aka what we really came for), and the romance and fae are half developed. Instalust and no strings or games as the fae usually have to play.
Lauryn
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2019
O.W.L.S MAGICAL READATHON 2019 | BOOK #5 | HERBOLOGY (read a book with a plant on the cover)

I exactly really enjoyed this book. I went into this with pretty low expectations. I really ended the magic in this world with far feeding on the emotions and memories of humans. I think I'm going to continue with the series and see where the story goes from here.
Violet Stone
Jul 09, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5 stars.

It's been almost a week since I finished this book and I'm still not sure how to really write a review for it. On the one hand I really didn't like this book on the other I found it intriguing.

I think, once I accepted the fact that this was indeed NOT a romance I was able to accept it more.

So, there's two fey princes and they are entering a competition of sorts to win the crown. How are main gal, Scarlett, gets pulled in is because she has potent emotions that feeds one of the
Marianne
Mary Ellen
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some of the things I love most about the Fae world is the beauty, magic, political intrigue, and the trickery. Nissa does a great job taking Faerie tropes and making them original.

Scarlett is the perfect YA main character, she is flawed (letting her emotions/greif guide her) yet grows stronger throughout the book despite her fears and sorrow.

There are two lead male characters in this story: Fae brothers, both princes of the summer Court. Raith is in line to be the next ruler, and Cade is the
Sky
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*I received an arc at no cost to the author*

Lets just start this off by stating I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS BOOK! This is extremely addicting read. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down unless I was forced to. I looked for any 2 minute break in Adulting to pick my phone up to read a page. I can't say the same for a lot of books. I can love a book, yet wait to read more of it until I have a chunk of time to dedicate to this book. Not this one!

Although this is a relatively short book,
Dahlia Amr
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing . I loved how the fea world was described . the events were so exciting and fast paced which made the book more good .

This book is talking about a girl called “scarlet” who lost her mother but she can’t face her grief, So when cade the young prince of summer court offered to take her pain away she immediately accepted it , but she didn’t know what she got herself into or the real intentions of cade . She suddenly found herself in the middle of a battle between brothers of
DJ
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a strong start to what I think is going to be an awesome series. I'm not normally one for fantasy books but this one pulled me in right away. Scarlett is looking for away to escape her grief from losing her mother, insert Cade. He is the prince of the Summer Court, and promises he can take away her pain. However not everything is what it seems in this world. I loved the characters and they were all wonderful or wonderfully villainous. All in all Two Princes of Summer was fun, fast paced ...more
Emily Taylor
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cassia Tora
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover literally lured me to grab the book, and also the title is very charming. This YA fantasy novel is about Scarlett, who's overwhelmed by the grief of her mother's death. She's lured into Faerie by a fae prince Cade, who promises to take her grief away. But things take a different turn and eventually she starts losing herself amidst all the magic. This story is about her journey to cope up with the sorrow and find a way to untangle herself from Cade and his brother Raith who prepare to ...more
Hailey
I was looking for a guilty pleasure read and found this on KindleUnlimited. It was everything I was looking for. Hot faerie princes. Love triangle. Chosen girl. Evil queen. Deadly battle. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because I felt like it tried to be something it wasn't. I think the author was trying to go for something similar to ACOTAR. While it had the tropes, it didn't have anything else. They are on two completely different levels. But as a guilty pleasure read? 5 stars. ...more
Cassie O. | Lost In Tomes
3.5 Stars

This was such a fun, easy read! I always love a good fae story. The writing style is pretty simple but I was actually surprised by how detailed this was. Yes the plot was predictable (at least to me) but the characters were complex, world building was solid and we had a great magic system. The romance is also sweet and slower moving. We end on a high note and I am looking forward to reading the rest of this series in the future. The perfect fluffy fantasy read.

Content Notes:
- Some
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
I'm mad for faeries. I actually really enjoy the A Court of Thorns and Roses series and generally find myself interested by anything that rings of classic scary-faerie style lore.

Two Princes of Summer isn't a bad read (it's leagues better than A Dance With Darkness), but there are several things that worked against the book. I think of this story more as literary candy to sate a particular craving for faerie-based books. If it wasn't about faeries, I'd probably not really care. The basic idea
Cecily Wolfe
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I loved this - it reminded me a lot of Holly Black's latest series, which I adore. This is a 'don't miss' series starter that will leave fans of faerie wanting more from this story. Emotions and power are key (aren't they always with faerie?), and humans are vulnerable to the fae in many ways. This is what you expect from a book about the relationships between faeries and humans, so it sticks with convention, while offering new characters and a tale that draws the reader in. I can't wait to ...more
M. Nicolas
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some grammar errors. Besides that, this book was a beautiful surprised.
Moa (The Reading Faery)
This was a tough review to write, because I can’t really decide what I think about this book. There were things I liked, and then there were things I didn’t like. And, of course, that isn’t unusual, but the differences this time were extreme. I loved the plot and the world, because it was unique and interesting, but I really didn’t like the main character through most of the book, not to mention I hated Cade. But I enjoyed the book overall, which is why it still got three stars.

I found Scarlett
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

These characters were one dimensional and lacked depth. Except maybe Raith. He was my favorite really. But I like the mysteriousness of him. Hes an underdog, an outcast, and I dig when these characters strive in the face of adversity. And he seemed to do that in this story. But it still wasn’t enough.

I also felt that there was too much telling and not enough showing. I’m really surprised this is a #1 best seller on amazon honestly. Now, don’t get me wrong,
Brandy Slaven
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As of today, this is one of my favorite fae books. There's so many feels to it that I was sucked in by the first chapter. Sure Scarlett is a bit of a coward most of the book but everyone handles grief differently and she grows exponentially throughout the book. There's a confusing love triangle, lots of lovely surprises and let's not forget the fae. Lots of sexy fae. This leaves me with just one question, when does the next one come out?!
Kathryn
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
1/5 Scarlett's quick acceptance is ridiculous.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Thorn Princess (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #1)
  • Heir of Iron Hearts (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #2)
  • Game of Shadows (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #3)
  • A Kingdom of Exiles (Outcast #1)
  • Reign of Darkness: Iron Crown Faerie Tales Book 4
  • Draken (Southern Fire, #1)
  • Golden Curse (Fantasy and Fairytales, #1)
  • Golden Chains (Fantasy and Fairytales, #2)
  • A Gift of Poison (The Kingmakers' War, #1)
  • Golden Crown (Fantasy and Fairytales, #3)
  • The Glass Scepter (Iron Crown Faerie Tales, #5)
  • Magic of Fire and Shadows (Curse of the Ctyri, #1)
  • Rose Petal Graves (The Lost Clan #1)
  • Black Crown (Darkest Drae, #3)
  • A Bed of Blades (The Kingmakers' War, #2)
  • King's Warrior (The Aermian Feuds #4)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (Tainted Accords #4)
  • Fantasy of Fire (Tainted Accords #3)

Whims of Fae (6 books)
  • Prisoner of Darkness (Whims of Fae, #2)
  • Whims of Fate (Whims of Fae, #3)
  • A Dark Eternity (Whims of Fae, #4)
  • A Cursed Reign (Whims of Fae, #5)
  • Queen of Dark and Light (Whims of Fae, #6)
“During the week, she’d focused on school. On the weekends, she’d lost herself in a Netflix binge; any reality was better than hers.” 2 likes
“She’d dream of far away lands where unicorns and princes existed. Places where the square root of a ten thousand didn’t matter.” 0 likes