Start by marking “Ivory Gleam” as Want to Read:
Ivory Gleam

Ivory Gleam

Published April 2nd 2018 by Leadstart Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Ivory Gleam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ivory Gleam

Start your review of Ivory Gleam
Amanda
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
“So, beseech such speech
that unfurls no harm
on the other side stands
a heart unharmed…”

SPEAK KIND, IVORY GLEAM
Ivory Gleam by Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang is a lovely collection of poetry and prose. The collection is broken up into three sections: Colloquial Delicacy of Learning, Soliloquy of Longing, and Chivalry of Loving. The poetry spans many different themes from birth to death.

*Trigger Warning*

Some themes that are discussed are depression and suicide.

A few of my favorite poems are: Speak Kind,
Simra S
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Evocative, deep and raw.

this deluge of poetry and prose is for those learning to live, love and grow. Ivory Gleam made me realise how powerful words could be. The writing is allusive and reminded me of Emily Dickinson's style of writing.
Sadaf sarkar
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ivory gleam is a book by Priya Dolma Temang .
It's is essentially a poem book but also contains some beautiful prose pieces.
The book contains a somewhere around 200 prose and poetry divided into three parts namely
1. Colloquial Delicacy of Learning
2. Soliloquy of Longing
3. Chivalry of loving
The book covers a wide range of topic sadness , joy , manners , pregnancy , life , hope child abuse and many more.
My personal favorite is a piece called recycled
The cover of the book is very simple and has a
Manali
Jun 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Name of the book - Ivory Gleam by Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang.

Stars given - 5 on 5 stars.

My take on the book -

Who likes poems?

I do. I really like them. One of the key reasons I choose to study English Literature was because of my love for poetry.

It's just so magical.

Now tell me how long do you think it will take you to read some 200ish poems?

Ask me... Ask me... Ask me....

It took me around 30 minutes.

I breezed through it all.

It was amazing and cool.

A lot of different emotions were portrayed in it.

The
Shona
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a beautiful collection of prose and poetry which touches various facets of life. Each poem conveys a deep emotion which doesn’t fail to touch your hurt. The writing style is pleasing and captivating. The topics range from love to betrayal, self-harm to child abuse and freedom to toxicity. The author has put forward both the positive and negative side of the society through this anthology. The words which people need to hear to awaken their inner self has been beautifully portrayed. ...more
Neelz
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*BOOK REVIEW*
IVORY GLEAM
AUTHOR:- DR. PRIYA DOLMA TAMANG
@poetryandprosebyk
Genre:- POETRY
My Rating:- 4.5/5
This book is an anthology of poetry and prose, carrying almost each and every field of one's life.
Book Cover is preety good
Ivory Gleam is split into three chapters of learning, longing & loving.
My personal favorite chapter is Chivalry of loving.
The moment I completed the book it left me speechless.
There is some magic in the words of author. The level of
Pankaj Giri
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I came to know about Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang via Facebook months ago. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that she is an author from Sikkim itself. I got in touch with her and found that she is a kind human being and very down-to-earth in spite of having a huge following on Instagram. Despite not being a reader of poetry, I was intrigued. I had to read this one.

She was sweet enough to send me a beautiful signed copy with a pretty, multicolored Khada and cute, handwritten messages. As I went
Ankita Khataniar
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Book Review*

Chivalry of Loving

Overall Feel of the Book: The poems have been beautifully written by the poet. And one can imagine how much love and effort she has put into each word. I particularly love that amidst the poems are strewn short notes of various topics like self love, being strangers to one’s soul and
Kriti singh
Jul 04, 2019 rated it really liked it

Book: Ivory gleam
Author: Dr. Priya dolma tamang
Favourite quote: "What lies in between is what matter because between your lies and my truth is the reality." Review: Ivory Gleam is a poem anthology written by Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang. The book consists of poems that are divided into three parts:

Chivalry of Loving

This book covers almost all topics of life and death,and the different emotions concealed by love.
I just didn’t understand the need to
Saraswati
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ivory Gleam is a beautiful collection of poetry and prose written so skillfully that it successfully touches all the right strings of the heart. The poems keep the reader all hooked up leaving everytime in a different emotion. My favourite poems were the love poems where the poet has so beautifully shown the essence of love through the beads of delicate phrases and words. Each and every word had the power to peep through the soul and connect. Ultimately a good read with good choice of ...more
Aditya
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has an unbelievable collection of poetry and prose that gives a feeling too special. It is very neatly divided into three parts. I loved reading it like anything. I loved it so much, that I think I'll buy the paperback version soon!
The words used and the title used for the various parts are simply apt and perfect. This book really deserves more than 5 stars.
The language is simple and easy to understand. The poems are progressive and they construct a plot with time. Highly recommended
Sonal Pokharna Nahar
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivory Gleam is an amazing collection of pros and poetries neatly divided into 3 parts. Each part have its own meaning and place in readers heart. Author have done a perfect blend of pros and poetries. All the subjects are heart touching. Emotions are so beautifully expressed that it makes a special place in readers life. Amazing read.
Komal Kamble
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have heard so many people praising and talking about the marvelous writings of Dr. Priya in her debut book. When I finally picked it up, I was in awe of her writing style, her strength and her determination to rise up against all the odds. When I started reading this book, I couldn't stop in between. I finished it in about two hours and I was touched. I did go back to a few of her verses to think more deeply and yes, I did note some of them down to gain strength during difficult times in the ...more
S.V. Atla
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"What lies in between is what matter because between your lies and my truth is the reality."-Quote from ivory gleam.

Vibrating on a higher spiritual consciousness, ivory gleam is an enchanting collection of poems that encapsulate and encompass enigmas of the human condition. The author has incorporated numerous domains of experience to provide incisive, resonant and enlightening insights into the struggle of attaining a oneness of being and each other in the seemingly chaotic divisions of
Astha Vyas
May 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Exposed

Seeking solace in shadows of strangers in the hope that some unknown refuge will reward my soul of the bright familiarity my known obvious could never bestow."

Ivory Gleam, humm.. where to start? I do not want to go the traditional way of reviewing a book for this particular one, why? Because, this poetry and prose book is nothing less than a bliss.

Till the time this book reached me, the Poet Priya Dolma Tamang had already made me a fan of her. She is wonderful, energetic and talented;
Ajayshankar11
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Author being a medical graduate has managed to write such nice poems, a book of 200 odd poems is really commendable. Author has poured her heart and soul in writing as readers can easily relate, the feelings/emotions in creates in readers mind while reading are so genuine. Book has a collection of small poems, written in simple language and are unique. Though book is divided into three sections, its really hard to differentiate sections if heading/division was not there. This book covers almost ...more
Simran Sardana
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I would like to thank the Author, Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang for sending this beautiful book, with a gift and a cute note.

Alright, so the Blurb of the book says:

A deluge of poetry and prose, ambiguously honoring the essence of existence from birth onto death, life and loss, self and society, romantic love and pensive longing, melancholy of regret to gratitude in healing, and the struggles of and strength in femininity. A potpourri of musings assembled with a hint of practical
booksandreads8
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a collection of poems. There are a lot of poems in the book and you will for sure find the one that touches your heart. The poems are nothing, but a reflection of human emotions. The book holds every emotion a human feels during his/her life. They are beautiful and soul touching. You can’t just read them and let go! They create a big impression in your mind.
The poems are very rich and deep. The vocabulary used it very rich as well. The feeling of nostalgia doesn’t leave you while
Audriza Banerjee
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The cover is so beautiful. The peachy look is extremely peaceful.

The poem/piece “the wait” was my favorite Among the rest.

The book can be easily completed in a single sitting.

As a debutant the poet has done a great job.

The collection has an exquisite use of wordplay in it so if one is not well versed with poems she/he can land in an abyss of non comprehension.

All the three sections are great.
Fadila Kurickal
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I just can't get over how good the book turned out to be.
A great collection of poems, and the book has good mixture of human emotion.
The book has been written well, nice language.
Every chapter is written with such ludic language that it helps the reader get into it so well.
Cover is great.
The content of the book is something I'll go to at days I feel low.
I might sure get my hands into the papaerback
Sharanya
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a collection of beautiful poems and short proses .The book is distinguished into three chapters

Chivalry of Loving

The author have touched all the emotions gracefully with her writing.The poetries were deep and thought provoking.The main elements were love , longing and learning.

The poems and proses I beloved are stardust, Grandmother, Woman , Survive& The child abuse. The poems are written about a wide variety of topics which
Hungry_bookworm_
Jul 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A cool book on modern poetry.. Book review.. Ivory Gleam by Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang "on graveyards of the Innocence, we had slain amid games of name and fame"
This line of the poem Fight, in the book, very eloquently summaries the book in a single line.
The author here pours her heart out in this small book of poetry. The book is divided into three parts: learning, longing and loving. Each part reflects the Innocence in the heart of the author but at the same time shows a peek into the strain if
allineedisbooks_
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
IVORY GLEAM BY DR. PRIYA DOLMA TAMANG.
I would like to thank @mysecret.bookshelf for providing me with a copy.
I am not a huge fan of poetry but this book is really interesting and beautiful. I mean just look at that pretty cover of the book. The title of the book is interesting and unique.
The writing style is simple yet brilliant. Language used is simple and easy to understand. You can actually feel and relate to each and every word used by the author. The use of metaphors are beautifully done.
Aditi
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Swapna Peri
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book Title: Ivory Gleam
Author: Dr. Priya Dolma Tamang
Format: Kindle

Book Title:
The title of the book ' Ivory Gleam ' is very unique and interesting.

Book Cover:
The cover image of the book is simple peach colored with the abstract art of leaves. Though the image is simple it is very elegant.

Inside the book:
The book is a collection of many poems i.e. more than 150+, divided into three main sections:
Colloquial Delicacy of Learning, Soliloquy of Longing and Chivalry of Loving. Each section deals with
TheQuillCompany
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Poetry is always a difficult part of literature in terms of understanding and perception. Every person has their own take on everyday things. It’s become a general trend on social media to post two cliché lines and term it as poetry or to be more precise ‘Instapoetry’. Long verses, rhyming schemes and metaphorical imagery all seem to be a thing of the past. Most of what we see online today can be classified as Free Verse.

Ivory Gleam takes down memory lane in its own way. The book is a
Sudarshan Jagtap
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Blurb-
A deluge of poetry and prose, ambiguously honouring the essence of existence from birth onto death, life and loss, self and society, romantic love and pensive longing, melancholy of regret to gratitude in healing, and the struggles of and strength in femininity. A potpourri of musings assembled with a hint of practical spirituality, to be savoured passably as an oracle of hearts to the many answers, whose questions our minds are yet to comprehend. Ivory Gleam is split into three chapters
Deepali Gupta
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ivory gleam isn't just a poetry collection of sorts but truely a vacation to nostalgia. So many human sentiments have been broken down into molecular words and brought up in such a beautiful book. Starting off with the cover I really loved how it is so simple yet elegant and makes it aesthetic. The book is a long read with so many poems and Proses I really did appreciate that.

The book is divided into three parts. I enjoyed reading all the parts through-out. There wasn't a poem or prose that I
Priyam Ghosh
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
"Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down." - Roy T. Bennett

Blurb:

A deluge of poetry and prose, ambiguously honouring
the essence of existence from birth onto death, life andloss, self and society, romantic love and pensive longing,
melancholy of regret to gratitude in healing, and thestruggles of and strength in femininity. A potpourri of
musings assembled with a hint of practical spirituality,to be savoured passably as
Rainu Arora
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kindness reveals once we stop looking for deliberation in little acts of pure,selfless love.
Title - ivory gleam
Poetess- dr priya dolma tamang
Publisher - virgin leaf books
Genre - poetry
Pages - 236
Format - paperback
This book is a beautiful collection of 200 poems and prose divided into three chapters-
1) Colloquial delicacy of learning
2) Sociology of longing
3) Chivally of loving
In this book, poetry and prose honoring the essence of existence from birth into death,life and loss,self and
« previous 1 3 next »

• Where Will Man Take Us?: The bold story of the man technology is creating
  • Narasimha (The Mahaavatar Trilogy #1)
  • The Red Line
  • Happily Married, Happily Divorced
  • Inkredia - Luwan of Brida
  • Fluid: The Approach Applied by Geniuses Over Centuries
  • Life in the Sunshine: Autobiography of an Unknown Cricketer
  • The Last Avatar (Age of Kalki #1)
  • The Ryders’ Riddance
  • Dear People, with Love and Care, Your Doctors
  • Turn The Tables - From Challenges to Opportunities
  • The Secret Of The Palamu Fort
Priya Dolma Tamang was born in Sikkim, India, to Nepali parents. She is a medical graduate. Her first book, "Ivory Gleam," is a compilation of poetry and prose. It captures the essence of learning, longing, and loving, through self-reflective insights. With Buddhism as a way of life, her work reflects a hint of practical spirituality, and healing with the help of words.