Start by marking “The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)

The Babysitters Coven

(The Babysitters Coven #1)

Seventeen-year-old Esme Pearl has a babysitters club. She knows it's kinda lame, but what else is she supposed to do? Get a job? Gross. Beside
Expected publication: September 17th 2019 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about The Babysitters Coven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Babysitters Coven

destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Universe, I don't know what I did to deserve all of these gorgeous witchy books lately, but thank you. 😍

Thank you so much to the publisher for providing me with this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
Alana • thebookishchick
Feb 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: paranormal
I am LIVING for all the witchy books 2019 is bringing our way!

September, please HURRY THE HELL UP!

Blog | Twitter | Instagram
Candace Robinson
This one has probably one of my favorite covers of the year. It had a lot of fun things going on, just wish there had been a little more on the romance side of things.
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
The Babysitters Coven was cute, funny, and snarky. I loved the first half (5 stars) and liked the second half (3 stars). I feel like The Sitters and how they came to be, all their history, how each was chosen, etc. wasn't explained well enough. I want to know more!

I will happily average both together and give it 4 stars. Can't wait to read the next installment!
Nenia ⭐ Literary Garbage Can ⭐ Campbell
Honestly, it sounds like a better comparison would be Babysitters' Club meets Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. #BlurbFail
megs_bookrack
Thank you so much, Delacorte Press.

ARC received!

Adventures in Babysitting meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer -- color me intrigued!

Celia McMahon
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Delacorte Press and NetGalley for the chance to review this title ahead of its release date.

Wow. This book was just what I needed. Witty writing, with a magical plot-line and a protagonist you can cheer for to the very end. I just came off reading a highly disappointing anticipated read, and I have to be honest, my hope in books plummeted a bit. But thanks to this delightful, witchy read, hope has been renewed.

What's it about?

Esme is a seventeen-year-old babysitter from a complica
Catie
This was a challenge to get through. I think that I really wanted more twisty, paranormal mystery and a lot less fluffy, bland babysitting. The main character is 17, but reads like she's 12.
andrea caro
Not what I wanted it to be, sigh. RTC.
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
"Adventures in Babysitting meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer in this funny, action-packed novel about a coven of witchy babysitters who realize their calling to protect the innocent and save the world from an onslaught of evil."

I never knew I needed this book before this moment but THIS IS THE MASHUP CHILDHOOD/TEENAGE FAVES I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!
Samantha
This was a really cute premise that was very specific to my interests (self-described as Adventures in Babysitting meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer - which it was and wasn't) However, Witch-y, slayer types with rescue pit bulls: I mean, that's more or less my identity.

The story follows 17-year-old Esme Pearl as she discovers that there's more to babysitting than she ever thought. If we want to compare this to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I would say trigger-happy new girl Cassandra is being set up to
Kristi Housman Confessions of a YA Reader
RTC for blog tour. Thank you to the publisher and netgalley for my review copy.
Samantha Colwell
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Alright, you got me. I didn’t realize that Kate Williams was writing a book just to prank me and all my 1990’s sisters, but here it is. So I hear you watched The Craft, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the original Babysitters Club growing up? Let’s just throw all that shit together into a tongue-in-cheek smoothie, and out pops The Babysitters Coven.

This book is wild. I had no idea what I was getting into when I started it, and I’m not sure what I read after I finished it. I think I liked it. In fac
Amy Imogene Reads
Aug 13, 2019 marked it as to-read
Well this cute witchy title arrived on my doorstep yesterday. It looks like all kinds of fun—can't wait!

Thank you to Delcorte Press for an ARC of this title in exchange for an honest review.
Clephiro (The Book Coven)
Jul 25, 2019 rated it did not like it
I want the time I spent reading this back.
Bookevin
Aug 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
BITCH, I AM READY.
amanda
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was really excited for more witchy ya books but this just wasn’t what I expected in any way and it ended up being really disappointing.

The writing is clunky and yes, I know this is a paranormal/fantasy, but it was super unbelievable at times and made me cringe with the exaggerated slang.

The premise is that Esme has powers and meets a new girl at school who shocker ALSO has powers. They find out they both come from a long line of “sitters” and have to save the world.

It’s cute in a way and remi
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
If you say anything is similar to Buffy the Vampire Slayer I will be want to read it.
mindy
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Kristi
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute. I liked it enough I definitely want to see the girls' adventures in the sequel. A bit of a slow build but the last third of the book I couldn't put down!
Evelyn Medina
May 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Huge thanks for netgalley for giving me an early copy of this!

Before even reading, the initial description “adventures in babysitting meets Buffy the vampire slayer” was right up my alley! In the first couple chapters I immediately connected with Esme and her quirks, and she honestly felt like a REAL teenager. Not a book teenager who’s clearly overwritten and has a unrealistic dialogue. At some point though my love for this character started to dwindle: she became a little judgmental with other
Elysian Fields
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
So I’ve been on a YA kick lately because I realized there are some really amazing stories that I am missing just because I felt like they were too young for me to read. This was a book that caught my eye for of both the cover and the blurb. I was a staunch reader of the Babysitters Club in the ‘90s and it was my first book club; so I might have a soft spot for stories that pay tribute to my first book loves.

This story was such a delight to read I would liken it to Adventures in Babysitting cros
Brenna Clark
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you so much to NetGalley for this ARC! I am always down for a novel with a Chosen One, witches, or anything set around Halloween, and this book gave me all three! It had heavy Buffy the Vampire Slayer Vibes with The Craft undertones, yet made a lore all its own that was so original and fun!

We follow Kate, a babysitter. She and her friend Janis comprise the Babysitter’s Club, so named after the popular book series. There were more to the group, but as the other girls grew up and found high
Knobby
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arc
I was given an advanced copy of this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I wanted so badly to love this! I grew up on The Baby-Sitters Club and the aesthetic gave me The Craft vibes, so I was totally excited to read it. Unfortunately, the writing was a little clunky and I lost interest a few times in the middle, which sagged a bit. Though the final 25% is the strongest part of the book, with a bit of urgency and action, the first 3/4 was slow. I didn't particularly love the MC's v
faith ✨
Feb 23, 2019 marked it as 2019-publications
So, how are we supposed to wait 7 months for this? (and that cover)
Jen Solak
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This book looked like it would be the perfect book for me, and it was a good book, but it did fall short in a few ways. I’ll get those out of the way quickly in this review and then tell you why I think you should still read it! Much of what was disappointing about this book was that it felt like a first book in a series, and by that I mean that while there was a story arc it still felt like a lot of this was just set up for something bigger. That is understandable, it is of course the role of t ...more
Maya
Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)
This book seemed like a good idea at first, hence I requested it. Mentioning “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” would just make fans like me intrigued. I tried to read this book and it was kind of entertaining. It was funny in a way that the narrator, talked about minor situations as if they were significant. Normally, I’d enjoy reading books such as this one but unfortunately, I felt that this book wasn’t for me.

The reasons why I didn’t enjoy this as much as I expected was because it left me feeling fr
Kimberly (kimberly_reads)
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Aug 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-2019, 2019
YALL

I LOVED THIS

This was just downright fun! I haven't laughed at snark, sarcasm, and wit like this in a while. I cannot wait to read the next book!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Jake in the Box
  • A Song Below Water
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • Meteor
  • The Gilded Ones (Deathless, #1)
  • The Sound of Stars
  • Only Mostly Devastated
  • Pet
  • Jackpot
I'm a YA write or die, originally from Kansas but now living in California.

I've written for Cosmopolitan, NYLON and Seventeen, amongst other magazines, and worked with brands including Urban Outfitters, Vans and Calvin Klein.

The Babysitters Coven is my first novel, but fingers crossed it won't be my last.

The Babysitters Coven (2 books)
  • Untitled (The Babysitters Coven, #2)