Start by marking “Charon's Quest: A Gatekeeper's Saga Novel” as Want to Read:
Charon's Quest: A Gatekeeper's Saga Novel

Charon's Quest: A Gatekeeper's Saga Novel

(Gatekeeper's Saga)

The ferryman of the dead is forced to leave the life he’s always known.

Apollo has had a vision: as the life of each soul flashes before Charon’s eyes, the ferryman ages like an old man. Charon needs to experience his own adventures to become youthful again, or he will soon die.

The last thing Charon expects is to fall in love with a mortal woman—someone he can’t take w
Published January 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Charon's Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charon's Quest

Emma Coombes
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story, although I haven’t read any of the other books set in this world. It was a fun concept and an easy read.
Maberan Potato
This wasn't as bad as The Gatekeeper's Sons. That's the praise I'll give it. There isn't any pedophilia.

This reads like a children's book, especially the start of it. You know, the whole: "Clara found a squirrel. It looked hungry, so she gave it money to buy some food. 'Thanks,' said the squirrel. 'With this money I can get my family out of poverty! You're a life-saver!' Clara smiled and went home. The next day the squirrel's family had moved to a tree in the rich sector, and the squirrel decide
Cymia Moss
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this spectacular read in Sigils and Spells, but recently received a first edition paperback copy today. This was a spectacular read. You take a familiar god that isn't so often featured with his own book especially in such a manor. It's fresh in every way. The ferryman has many adventures within this book but his most amazing one is falling in love. Though unfortunately it is to someone who's beyond his reach for she's mortal. The story itself revolves around Chaon's Quest to save himself ...more
Rachel
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eva-pohler
Charon's Quest by Eva Pohler. As she has done with the other books in the series you get great behind the story on one of your favorite characters in the series. Charon needed to go on a quest to help bring back his youth. He met a great lady that worked at the bar in the hotel he was staying at. She ends up being a very good friend and even more to Charon. As normal Zeus is still up to no good. I don't want to give away of the fun twist and turns that happen, but make sure to read this book if ...more
Terra
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Eva Pohler is one of the best authors of our time. Charon, the ferryman has been advised through a vision Apollo has had that he needs to go, live, and be among the living. The story is so full of energy and suspense. You will laugh and maybe even shed a tear or two. He's someone you dont hear much about in Greek mythology. I'm very glad his story was told. I really love how He is truly loyal to Hades, even when tempted by Zeus in regards to his love. You will love this and want to re read time ...more
Heidi
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mythology
I loved this story! Set in the same world as the gatekeeper's sons series, I loved how this story followed Charon along on his quest and showed how he grew emotionally. I enjoyed getting to know the ferryman, he has a very noble soul. I had purchased the Sigils and Spells anthology especially for this story because I had enjoyed the Gatekeeper's Sons series so much, and it was definitely a worth while read for me!
Heidi
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology
Kerri Simpson
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story made me laugh it ripped my heart in half. As always eva has woven magic through her fingers. I really enjoyed the story even though it hurt right in the feels at times. I loved this story i couldnt put it down. I loved the new characters she bought into the story. I hope we hear more of charons adventures.
Brie
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novel and a wonderful addition to the Gatekeeper's World. We get to see the history of one of the lesser known Gods, the Ferryman. Why has he aged so unlike the other Gods or does he find love like all the rest? These are some of the questions answered and I think you will like what you find out.
Courtney
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I adore anything Greek mythology related. This was a really fascinating read focusing on Charon, the ferryman of the dead. It was wonderful to get to know the ferryman. Eva wove a heart pounding story from the beginning to the end.
Veray
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting story about the Greek gods. The romance was sweet.
J.A. Cintron
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was something interesting to read specially when finding out about Charon having a lady friend yay! Otherwise this was such a precious thing!
Lindsey
Feb 03, 2018 rated it liked it
I really liked it. Read all in one sitting, it was a fun stand-alone. A few points here and there that didn’t get wrapped up as nicely as they could have perhaps, but overall worth the read.
Dharling
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely phenomenal. Eva has done it again with such a detailed and brilliant story that captured my mind as well as my heart. Well done.
Tina Merritt
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute spin off!! It will make you fall for Charon!! 💖
Not as crazy epic adventure as it’s main series but it is entertaining!!!
Eva Pohler is the USA Today bestselling author of over twenty novels in mystery/suspense and young adult fantasy, including The Mystery Book Collection, The Mystery House Series, The Purgatorium Series, The Gatekeeper's Saga, and The Vampires of Athens. For freebies and more information about Eva and her books, visit her website at http://www.evapohler.com.

Gatekeeper's Saga (7 books)
  • The Gatekeeper's Sons (Gatekeeper's Saga, #1)
  • The Gatekeeper's Challenge (Gatekeeper's Saga, #2)
  • The Gatekeeper's Daughter (Gatekeeper's Saga, #3)
  • The Gatekeeper's House (Gatekeeper's Saga, #4)
  • The Gatekeeper's Secret (Gatekeeper's Saga, #5)
  • The Gatekeeper's Promise (Gatekeeper's Saga, #6)