Start by marking “Quark's Academy” as Want to Read:
Quark's Academy

Quark's Academy

SCIENCE IN PROGRESS - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Junior science geniuses Augustine, Celeste and Oscar can't believe their luck when they're accepted into an elite and mysterious science academy summer camp run by the elusive Inventor Quark.

From the moment they step inside the gates of Quark's Academy at the end of Molecule Drive, they know they're in for a week they'll never
Published January 30th 2018 by Lothian Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Quark's Academy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quark's Academy

Start your review of Quark's Academy
Schizanthus
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Augustine, Celeste and Oscar have all been accepted to spend a week at the prestigious Quark Academy during the summer holidays. During this week they will be taught by Inventors and work on their own invention. On the final day the children will present their completed invention during a nationally televised Best Invention Competition.

Augustine, whose parents are both scientists, is interested in the weather. Celeste’s interest is in black holes and she has unfinished business with another
Elizabeth
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
When three budding inventors win a place at a prestigious summer camp, they can’t wait to go. Augustine, Celeste and Oscar get to attend Quark’s Academy for a week to study cutting edge science as well as compete for the prize for the best experiment. However, there are places there that are off-limits and when this curious trio try to find out why, they discover what’s really going on behind its sleek high-tech walls. As the stakes rise, the quirky main characters have to band together to work ...more
Book Bazaar
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Our youngest book club readers took on a scientific mystery this month and enjoyed the inventions, the adventure and the surprising ending. I am not allowed to mention cats, robots or clones!

We scored it:
5.5 / 8 / 9.75 / 7
Debra Tidball
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The 'i's have it where this book is concerned - Interesting, inventive, intriguing, imaginative, intelligent. A novel about kids and science that will turbo-charge their imaginations. Love the flawed but redeemable child characters and the crazy adults. Lots of fun.
Green Jazz Blues
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A rip-roaring adventure where 15 kids win a week to study at a very special - yes, a very special academy to develop their ideas for a new invention which they proposed in the entry to the competition and a chance to win a great prize.
Focus is generally maintained on three of the characters who are as different from each other as chalk and cheese. We don't get much info about the rest of the prizewinners at all.
The academy is, of course, whizz-bang high-tech. There are a few predictable outcomes
Emma
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great example of imaginative middle grade fiction! I enjoyed the science focus of the book (though the Academy was stark and creepy - intentionally so, I suspect) and thought the plot was well constructed. Looking forward to reading other works by Pelosi soon.
Brydie Wright
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very clever debut middle grade novel from an Australian author, with international appeal. A cross between Willy Wonka and a science academy. Give this to young, intelligent readers, particularly if they gravitate toward an interest in science. Well done Catherine!
Shelly Unwin
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love a book that my daughter finds so compelling that she spends her Sunday morning finishing it and then announces ‘that was brilliant mummy!’ She has also been inspired to enter this years school science fare because of the awesome science in the book. I know what will be our birthday gift for her friends this year!
gemsbooknook  Geramie Kate Barker
‘SCIENCE IN PROGRESS – ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Junior science geniuses Augustine, Celeste and Oscar can’t believe their luck when they’re accepted into an elite and mysterious science academy summer camp run by the elusive Inventor Quark.
From the moment they step inside the gates of Quark’s Academy at the end of Molecule Drive, they know they’re in for a week they’ll never forget. But things at the academy are not quite what they seem, and the three quickly realise that they’ll need to put their
Angela
Actual rating: 2 1/2, but rounded up as I'm sure children will enjoy it more than I did.
The story revolves around three children who are invited to attend a 1-week science academy and at the end of the week to present one their inventions to win a prize. They discover that the adult inventors at the academy are not all they appear and must expose the mystery/nefarious activity.

I was quite underwhelmed by this story. I'm also ambivalent about it. I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it, either. I
Harry W
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book because it was so relatable. I am a big science nerd so this really made sense.

• Missing
  • The Fall
  • Toffle Towers 1: Fully Booked
  • Book Scavenger (Book Scavenger, #1)
  • The World’s Worst Teachers
  • His Name Was Walter
  • Vincent and the Grandest Hotel on Earth
  • The Quest Diaries of Max Crack
  • Dawn (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #3)
  • American Monsters (Demon Road, #3)
  • Tetangga Menyebalkan (The Floods, #1)
  • Midnight (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #1)
  • Frightening Light (Horrible Science)
  • The Sun Trail (Warriors: Dawn of the Clans, #1)
  • Sekolah Sihir (The Floods, #2)
  • Desolation (Demon Road, #2)
  • Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy, #2)
  • Demon Road (Demon Road, #1)
Catherine Pelosi is a Sydney-based children's book author. When she was younger, she loved two things in equal measure: animals and writing stories. For a long time she wanted to be a zoologist. Catherine has had several jobs working with animals, including in wildlife rescue, as a dinosaur tour guide and marketing for an animal shelter in London, but her love of writing never went away. These ...more