Start by marking “#1 Lie (#1 Series, #4)” as Want to Read:
#1 Lie (#1 Series, #4)

#1 Lie

(#1 Series #4)

Working in Hollywood meant Jessica Dawson was used to lying. As an assistant to one of the biggest agents in town, biting her tongue and spewing out sugarcoated untruths were an almost daily occurrence. But fabricating alternate realities never spilled into her personal life, until three months ago when she told the biggest lie of all.

While her dear gran lay on her
ebook
Published June 6th 2018 by T Gephart

Start your review of #1 Lie (#1 Series, #4)
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
So good! This author is quickly becoming one of my faves.

Dave and Jess are great together. Dave is so sweet, sexy and considerate. I fell in love with him. Jess is smart and fun, and even though I didn’t always agree with her actions I did really like her.

I really enjoyed the whole “hired boyfriend” aspect of this story. It reminded me of one of my favorite rom-com movies, “The Wedding Date”. The chemistry between Dave and Jess was off the charts from the start and you just know they are meant
Snow
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: light, romance
Dave Larsson wanted a lead role with more substance than the stupid commercial Jeremy had offered him. I needed a guy to play the part of boyfriend for a couple of days

And this premise should have guaranteed a 'good ol' fashioned' they were put together in a situation that forced them to acknowledge the reality after pretense!

But somehow, I didnt really feel any of it and it was just an okay read for me after all.
Cindy M. Green
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVE Dave and Jess

This was a great rom-com with enough laughs, swooning and heartfelt moments to keep you engaged through the entire story. Poor Jess, she feels pressure from her family to get married and uses some of her talented agent assistant skills to concoct a lie about her wonderful boyfriend. In steps Dave, sex on a stick up and coming actor who agrees to take the leading role acting as her soul mate. Easy peasy, right?!?!

The entire relationship between Dave and Jess started under the
Robyn
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Dawson committed the ultimate sin. She lied to her dear sweet old Granny on her deathbed. You see, Jessica was the last of the grandkids who was not married or had a significant other. All her granny wanted was for Jessica to find a nice man who would love her unconditionally. Wanting to make her gran happy before she took her last breath, Jess lied through her teeth about the wonderful man she was dating and the whirlwind relationship they had. Who knew her gran would do a complete ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
#1 Lie is a fabulously fun read! The story captured my attention right away, as did the heroine Jessica, who drew me into her life and problems from the first page. I really enjoyed the build of Jess and Dave relationship. Everything is fun and easy at the start, then the tension and pressure progressively builds. Jessica is a strong female lead, my favourite kind, who is quick witted, tough and committed to her job and family.

This book is written in first person from Jess's POV. I usually
Antonella
Oct 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult, meh
I'm still looking for that perfect read in this series.
This wasn't it for me. Sadly because the blurb got me really excited to read it.

Karen
I so loved Dave Larssen. I think he was some what to blame in the failure to communicate but otherwise he was perfect book boyfriend for a fairly controling woman.
Na
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it

"...sex appeal was so deeply ingrained in his double helix, it was as much a part of him as those gorgeous chocolate-colored eyes."

Well, well, well ... wasn't it nice to meet another Larsson brother? Thank you Tina, for giving us Dave and Jessica. Their story really had to be told. It's full of fun and wit and I really enjoyed reading it!

"It was a rare man who could be just as sexy on paper as he was in person, but Dave Larsson was a freaking unicorn."

Dave, as one of four Larsson
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rom-com
I am already a huge fangirl of this author and her stories but this one, #1 Lie, is officially my new favourite from her. I absolutely LOVED it!!!

It's the perfect kind of rom-com read. The story that has you smiling like a crazy person, tummy butterflies from the swoony male lead and messaging your friends with favourite quotes because you have to share the laughs around.

Dave and Jess are two of my favourite characters - ever. Not just from this author, but from anyone. Dave is the perfect BBF
Catty Jane
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
****4 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

This was my very first T. Gephart read, and she did me right, she will be in my TBR rotation. If you don’t like a great Rom-Com, you have no sense of humor, you don’t like some crazy antics and you don’t like sexiness mixed in, than this book is not for you and we can never be friends….IJS.

The whole premise of Jessica telling her dying grandma about her fictitious boyfriend on her death bed, only to have said grandma not kick the bucket. Now,
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
#1 Lie is so much fun! The story is funny and sexy but also goes deeper with a storyline that will tie your emotions up into knots!

When she thought her grandmother was dying, Jessica Dawson tells one small fib. But after Gran pulls through that small fabrication leads to her hiring actor Dave Larsson to play her boyfriend at a family wedding.

“I should probably look into some kind of meetings for Dishonesty Anonymous; the lies I’d told recently far outweighing the truth.”

Super sweet and sexy
Steph
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 nose-growing stars for #1 LIE!

One little lie. Just an itsy bitsy, teenie weenie little lie to her gran, and Jessica Dawson is screwed. When gran was on her death bed, Jess confirmed that she had a man so gran would be able to leave knowing her babies were happy. But gran recovered, and now Jess has a wedding to attend…with a plus one. As the assistant to an LA talent agent, a plot is hatched to take one of her agency's actors, Dave Larsson. Dave is sick of getting dog food commercials, but
M.R. Field
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#1Lie is a fun, flirty and hilarious novel that is the fourth instalment in the #1 series.
Jessica being an assistant to one of Hollywood’s biggest agents in town is used to lying. She’s used to helping actors take up roles that they might not really want, while being damn good at her job. Pity her own love life isn’t as successful.

A few months ago, when her grandmother was on her deathbed, knowing that she wanted to see all her grandchildren settled, Jessica told her grandmother something that
Natshane
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
The whole fake dating thing has got to be old, unoriginal, 100% cliched and sooooo high school.

But leave it to T. Gephart to put her magic twist in the otherwise unimaginative plotline and you ended up with Dave & Jess and a whole lot of OBSESSION.

YES. I'm literally DYING of laughter, embarrassment (the things Jess did) and so MUCH LOVE.

The #1 series just keeps getting better (and hotter covers too!) that you just can't help but look forward to the next book. Dave & Jess were brilliant
M.L.
Sweet, swoony, steamy, and oh, so fun . . . #1 Lie by T Gephart is a must read!

This is my first book by T Gephart, and I'm kicking myself for not reading a Gephart book sooner. Thank goodness I took a chance on this book! I flippin' LOVED IT.

-low angst
-low drama
-sweet / steamy
-fake relationship turned real

This was just what I needed!
H and h have known each other for years. Both have gone on dates with other people. There are no details, just a casual mention of those
Jessica {Litnoob}
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was absolutely adorable. Dorky premise that I’m trash for, fake dating will always be a sign me up trope. Jessica was neurotic but sweet and Dave was just the right mix of broody and adorable. I appreciated them as a couple and as individuals though Jessica as my name sake I probably forgave more for her dumb decisions lol.
Coco.V
Nov 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (11/20/2019)! ...more
Happily Mary After
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
T Gephart is one of my favorite writers of romantic comedy, and #1 Lie is another example of why I love her books so much. It’s a fun and sexy romance full of hilarious, flirty banter and with a swoon-worthy hero and a best-friend-worthy heroine. Dave is an up-and-coming actor, so he feels like the perfect choice to play Jessica’s pretend boyfriend at her cousin’s wedding in Louisiana, but she never dreamed that she might want more from their temporary relationship. There’s no denying that they ...more
Connie
Cutie-pie story! Jessica is awesome at her job working for that "heathen" Jeremy. Jessica basically lies to everyone, for her boss, and puts out all of the fires he starts. So it is not at all surprising that she begins her relationship with super hot actor, Dave, with yet another lie. Unfortunately, her lack of veracity will cost Jessica big time!
TSN ☮
Jun 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018, did-not-finish
DNF 50%

Vania Nunes
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only now I've been introduced to this series!!!
I loved the narrative of the author (in person first) under POV of Jessica, a girl from Louisiana, who makes a career as an assistant to Jeremy Levin, one of the biggest actors agents in Hollywood.
Jessica worked hard, 24/7, anticipating every desire and solving her boss's problems.
But since Jess sending her resume to this job, she went on to have a serious mania: to tell "white lies".

These lies were taking stratospheric proportions, to the point one
Anna Green
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed on behalf of KFF

This is my first book by T. Gephart and I am absolutely delighted with her style of writing, I loved her characters. This contemporary light-hearted romance can be read as a standalone although it is part of the #1 Series featuring the Larsson brothers.

Dave is one of five Larsson brothers all of them equally blessed with good looks and have successful careers. He is an upcoming actor and although not as famous as the other brothers, he is on his way to
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

T. Gephart has found her calling in romance and while I've been a fan some of her other amazing books, this series and this subgenre in romance is just her thing. The #1 Series has been so so so good y'all... a top ten of all time series for me for sure. Each book is unique. Each book is so fresh and so funny. Each book is completely unforgettable with characters that make you fall hard.

#1 Lie is the fourth standalone in this series and damn was it a fun, sweet, sexy, laugh out loud
Belly (Books 4 Girls)
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC in exchange of an honest review.

My review: https://www.facebook.com/books4girls/...

First of all, I would like to thank Tina Gephart and the InkSlinger PR team for this ARC.

In #1 Lie, we meet Dave Larsson, the younger brother of Eric (#1 Crush), who is also an actor, and Jessica, the PA of Dave’s agent.

Jess find herself struck in a lie she invented as she thought that her grandmother was dying. Bad luck because Granny is better, and Jess has to find the perfect boyfriend for her
KFForever
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KFF

Joy Novel Thoughts
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
#1 Lie is such a fun read! Although, this is she the 4th book in the series this story can be read 100% as a standalone! It was a witty and fun loving story that I simply adored!

Jessica is southern and completely relate-able for me. I loved how the southern was played just right, not over the top as it often happens. I understood Jess on an elemental level, wanting to please your family so much that you will tell them what they want to hear and then do whatever it takes for them to never find
Love & Lavender Book Review
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5
This series keeps getting better and better!! #1 Lie is a funny, sexy and emotional roller coaster Dave and Jess are just the cutest and definitely set off some fireworks that key the pages smoking hot!

Dave Larsson is quite the teddy bear dream boat. Jess hires him to be her fake boyfriend when she has to return home for a family wedding. Things start really heating up when they both realize their friendship isn’t as business oriented as they originally thought.

T. Gephart #1 Series is a
Isha Coleman
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Her heart was in the right place, but she must have lost her mind. #1 Lie is a #1 MUST HAVE! Gephart turns heartache into laughter and love, in an over the top, hard to resist sort of way. With what she believed to be a little white lie Jess sealed her fate. When the circumstances change Jess is in for a rude awakening and just maybe the love of a lifetime. Get ready to fall in love with a little white lie and an ENCHANTING romance.
Sadie Allen
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#1 Lie is a great summer read with lots of humor, sweet, and steam! It has everything I enjoy in a romance novel. T. Gephart delivers a refreshing take on the boyfriend for hire storyline with Jessica and Dave. They were so wonderful and real together and created a true partnership. I really loved this book and can’t wait to see what’s next in the series. Definitely worth another read, and a revisit to #1 Crush.

5 Stars!
Lauren R.
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Cherries Popped!
Such a fun loving story by Author T. Gephart. This is my first book I have read from her and I loved it.
I was laughing and totally swooning over Dave Larsson. He just had me at Hello.
Loved how the author set up this story. It felt so real.
Dave and Jess are one hot couple together & one that everyone needs to read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Cupids Anonymous (Cupids #1)
  • Wild Card (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
  • Four Day Fling
  • Knox: Complete Series (Knox, #1-4)
  • Wingman (Rascals #2)
  • Must Love Alligators (Boys of the Bayou, #5)
  • I Temporarily Do
  • What's Your Sign? (Cupids #2)
  • Engaged to the EMT (Blue Collar Brothers, #3)
  • Friends with Bang-ifits
  • Crushing on the Cop (Blue Collar Brothers, #2)
  • Man Candy (Billionaire Bachelors, #4)
  • Craving Mr. Kinky
  • Blocked (Gold Hockey, #1)
  • The One Night Stand Before Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #3)
  • The Bangover
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • The Upside of Falling (The Blue Line Duet, #1)
T Gephart is a USA Today and International bestselling author from Melbourne, Australia.

With an approach to life that is somewhat unconventional, she prefers to fly by the seat of her pants rather than adhere to some rigid roadmap.

Her lack of "plan" has resulted in a rather interesting and eclectic resume, which reads more like the fiction she writes than an actual employment history.

She'd tell

#1 Series (6 books)
  • #1 Crush (#1 Series, #1)
  • #1 Player (#1 Series, #2)
  • #1 Rival (#1 Series, #3)
  • #1 Muse (#1 Series, #5)
  • #1 Love (#1 Series, #6)