Start by marking “Thinking Through Anxiety: A Brief Christian Look” as Want to Read:
Thinking Through Anxiety: A Brief Christian Look

Thinking Through Anxiety: A Brief Christian Look

“What if . . . ?”

This is the paralyzing question that haunts both believers and unbelievers alike. It is a fear that something bad might happen. And each one of us wants the full assurance that everything will be okay. Yet the world offers no such hope for desperate situations. There can be no comfort if the worst to the “What if?” question comes true. It is no wonder pe
Published October 22nd 2017 by Ichthus Publications

To ask other readers questions about Thinking Through Anxiety, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thinking Through Anxiety

Start your review of Thinking Through Anxiety: A Brief Christian Look
Cody Bumpus
Sep 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a very short, yet comprehensive, read from a pastor in our local community. He is a trusted source, and this work is yet another example. It’s a book that you can get through in just 30 minutes of reading, yet covers multiple aspects of the issue of anxiety, from both a biblical perspective as well as physical. Anxiety plagues our culture and often has an unbiblical approach brought to it, so this book was really helpful! It dismantles some common inappropriate excuses and presents some ...more
Steve Hemmeke
In this short booklet, the author gives a solidly Biblical look at a neglected issue.
Davidson considers how the Gospel, the ordinary means of grace, Sabbath, and our thinking patterns affect our worries. I especially appreciated the "back-burner" idea, of how to handle unhelpful thoughts that will not go away.
Persis
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A balanced approach based on scripture but not rejecting the common-grace insights from psychiatry and psychology. The author is a trained counselor and a pastor who writes with a very caring heart. I can attest to this because he is my pastor.
Nate Weis
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
An immensely helpful little book. Being a person that struggles with anxiety, I found this book to be spiritually edifying, very balanced, and practically useful. This will be at the top of my list of resources to recommend to those wrestling with this issue.

• Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners
  • Future Grace
  • What is the Mission of the Church?: Making sense of social justice, Shalom and the Great Commission
  • Freedom of the Will
  • Revival and Revivalism
  • All That Is in God: Evangelical Theology and the Challenge of Classical Christian Theism
  • The Mission of God: Unlocking the Bible's Grand Narrative
  • Paul's Missionary Methods: In His Time and Ours
  • A Theology for the Church
  • A Time for Confidence: Trusting God in a Post-Christian Society
  • Stormbird (Wars of the Roses, #1)
  • A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-18
  • The World and the Word: An Introduction to the Old Testament
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart
  • Green Pastures: A Pimer on the Ordinary Means of Grace
  • Two Down, Bun to Go (Oxford Tearoom Mysteries, #3)
  • Tea with Milk and Murder (Oxford Tearoom Mysteries #2)
  • A Scone to Die For (Oxford Tearoom Mysteries #1)

News & Interviews