Start by marking “Shadows, Shells, and Spain” as Want to Read:
Shadows, Shells, and Spain

Shadows, Shells, and Spain

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  16 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lost and listless on the island of Mallorca, Jamie Draper searches for his estranged wife, Pam, who has left him without any explanation or warning. Exploring her last known location, Jamie stumbles upon an urgent letter from his missing wife promising full disclosure as to her sudden departure and her current whereabouts. There’s just one catch: her mysterious adventure i ...more
Paperback, Amazon.com, 327 pages
Published November 17th 2017 by Summer Nomad Publications

To ask other readers questions about Shadows, Shells, and Spain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadows, Shells, and Spain

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Shadows, Shells, and Spain
Pamela King
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-novels
If you love travel and history with plenty of drama told with a twist of humour then this book is for you.
John Meyer takes the reader on a long, but never boring, walk with characters that you will love, be irritated by and laugh at.
Jamie Draper has travelled to Mallorca to try to find his estranged wife, Pam. He receives a letter from her telling him if he wants to understand her and her reasons for leaving he needs to walk the Camino. As he walks the trail he follows her clues to find further
Lilly Charysma
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
”Shadows, Shells and Spain” – this title made my day. Even before I started reading the book this title made me curious and I spent some time guessing what this book would be about. Little did I know I was about to discover yet another interesting book. Around 6o% of the book I got to understand what the title was all about. And this completed my experience in such a beautiful way. Even the title is built in an interesting manner.

You get the main idea from the blurb, so let me get directly into
Traci Johnston
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Do you like books? Do you like travelling? Do you like fun fiction? Do you like fun semi-fictional books about travelling? "Shadows, Shells and Spain" is all of these things. It's about walking the Camino and the history behind it and the places you pass along the way, but it's also about love and pain and finding your way out the other side and humour and all of that good stuff.

When his wife suddenly and unexpectedly leaves him, Jamie Draper is lost. He quits his job and goes to Mallorca in se
Ravneet Kaur
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shadows, Shells, And Spain by John Meyer is a perfect cocktail of travel, adventure, and mystery. Jamie Draper is completely lost when his wife suddenly leaves him. He quits his job and goes to Mallorca to find her. After a few months, he receives a letter from his wife asking him to walk along ancient Camino trail across northern Spain. Now, Jamie is all set to follow the trail of letters left by his wife along the walk to know why she did what she did.

The journey to the Camino de Santiago is
Dave
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read! The Camino has always been an interest of mine and I know several friends that have hiked it. It's on my bucket list!
While I enjoyed the travel information interspersed throughout the book, I found myself progressively more engaged by the plot of Jamie dealing with each new discovery about his ex-wife, and his new-found relationship with Brie. John Meyer had me hooked from the first couple of pages and welling-up by the last page!
Fran Cormack
I really enjoyed this book. I did. So why only 3 stars?

The story about walking the Camino was great. Makes me want to walk it even more.

Where the book falls down is the introduction of Ronald. A 1 dimensional character, poorly written who takes the story off track. To places that made me immediately lose interest.

That said, this is a well written book and I would recommend to anybody considering walking the Camino.
Maan
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like P.S. I Love You but less emo.
I was inspired to go on a Camino walk myself or write a book of this kind.
Rachel W
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect blend of travelogue and mystery, after reading John Meyer's "Shadows, Shells and Spain" you'll be dreaming of a trip to Northern Spain - I know I am!
The story expertly weaves a central mystery and a cast of characters (who are each walking the famed path for their own varied reasons) through the real history behind the Camino that's never boring or contrived. I found myself looking up images of the actual towns and sights along the Camino to see the very things Meyer described so wel
Camino de Santiago: new Camino book 7 4 May 12, 2018 10:05AM

• Little White Secrets
  • Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel
  • The Year of the Farmer
  • Wedding Night
  • The Unlikely Voyage of Jack De Crow: A Mirror Odyssey from North Wales to the Black Sea
  • The Other Son
  • The Inheritance of Loss
  • The Pearl That Broke Its Shell
  • The Noise of Time
  • Anxious People
  • Blanket of Stars: Thru-Hiking the Camino de Santiago (Travel Adventures Book 1)
  • The Great Westward Walk: From the Front Door to the End of the Earth
Author John Meyer writes fictional travel memoirs—unique adventure stories that combine fun facts of history with present-day drama and humor. Always revolving around a fictitious love story and always based on his own thrilling journeys.

After he was robbed in Rome and then found his faith in humanity restored at the Palio festival in Siena, he was inspired to write "Bullets, Butterflies, and Ital

News & Interviews