Start by marking “A Midwinter's Wedding (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
A Midwinter's Wedding (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)

A Midwinter's Wedding

(The Four Kingdoms #3.5)

A retelling of The Frog Prince fairy tale.

Princess Cordelia is used to being overshadowed by her many brothers and sisters. So when she's offered the chance to attend her brother's wedding in a faraway kingdom, she leaps at it. In Northhelm, she'll finally have the chance to stand out. And maybe, just maybe, she'll even find romance.

But not everything in the Northhelmian
Published November 11th 2017 by Luminant Publications (first published April 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about A Midwinter's Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Midwinter's Wedding

Start your review of A Midwinter's Wedding (The Four Kingdoms, #3.5)
Camille
“The Frog Prince” is one of my favorite fairy tales because its theme is so close to “Beauty and the Beast” in that the characters must look beyond outward appearances to fall in love with a person’s heart. A Midwinter Wedding was not only a charming take on that premise but it was the perfect continuation of Melanie Cellier's Four Kingdoms series.

Princess Cordelia of Lanover— the sister of Rafe from The Princess Pact— has the opportunity to travel to Northhelm for his wedding. While there, she
Kristen Kooistra
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so close to not reading this after the severe disappointment of the last half book novella in this series. I'm so, so, so glad I decided to give it a shot because even though it is a between books novella, it turned out to be my favorite in the series.

In this book I actually loved both the main characters. Cordelia was fun and smart. Ferdy was sweet and brave. I liked that Cordelia is honest with herself in the fact that she wanted to go there to snag someone rich and handsome(preferably a
Annette
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rarely come across retellings from the Frog Prince and it happens even more rarely that I actually find ones that are well done. It's a very tricky tale, especially because in the version we all know so well the princess is not exactly the most likeable character. But, there are other versions, versions where the tale is a little differently and more beautifully.

And this book seemed to combine them all. This resulted in a lovely tale with the well known elements of the princess and the frog,
Angi Naerebout
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
3.5 Cordelia was cute, she seemed young and I enjoyed her novella. It was a bit short, but there was plenty intrigue to keep me occupied. Poor Ferdy. I’m surprised no one thought he might be cursed. But I loved the story, it was a sweet take on the Frog Prince. And a nice break before the next story- I’m waiting impatiently for either William or Celeste...
Eleanor M.
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
A MIDWINTER'S WEDDING a retelling of the frog prince.
a charming tale based on the frog prince takes Princess Cordelia out of her more tropical life and puts her in a winter wonder land of mystery.
by Eleanor M. Eckert
Tenille Berezay
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of novellas feel incomplete, but this one felt whole. Overall, a satisfying read.
Tiera McMillian
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: march2019
Super short but sweet read. Everything I've read by Melanie Cellier so far I have liked. She seems super talented at setting up a world and conveying character depth in a short amount of time. You would think all author's would have that ability but not all of them execute it as flawlessly as this lady. I will say that I haven't read any of the other retellings yet

Princess Cordelia is a little fed up at feeling like she always comes in last place in her family of beautiful and amazing
Jessie
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Delightful Twist on the Frog Prince

When Cordelia has the opportunity to travel to Northelm for her brother's wedding, she is thrilled! Because of the distance and the climate, she gets to stay for several weeks. As one of Arcadia's six princesses, she has always felt overshadowed by her beautiful older sisters. Now Cordelia has a chance to be noticed for herself.
While in Northelm, Cordelia becomes friends with several princesses, meets a handsome prince and his best friend, Ferdy, who looks
Tricia Mingerink
This is such a cute novella! So glad Ferdy gets his happily ever after!
Jodee Clark
Cute fun retelling. Mystery adventure and of course a happy ending.
Coralie
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Midwinter's Wedding is the novella to be read between books 3 and 4 in the Four Kingdom Series. Okay, y'all should all already know how much I'm diggin' this series. (If you don't, see my reviews for the previous five books, novella, and shorts that I've read in the last week and a half. XD) Well, the Frong Prince was no different! I thoroughly enjoyed Cordelia's character and personality. It was so neat to have the observant MC, good with faces and voices. And who doesn't love William and ...more
Ru4repeat
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found the promise for this novel interesting, and I was blown away by the creative imaginings of the author in pulling it off. I loved the build up between the characters. Their emotions seem real and not rushed.
H.S.J. Williams
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
Really enjoyed this one! Thought the girl and guy were especially sweet!
Anna
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: got-it-for-free
I usually like fairy tale retellings more than I liked this. While I by no means hated this book, I wasn't particularly impressed or invested in it. It was a quick, light, enjoyable read for the most part. My main issues with it are that, while the author did a great job of setting up a believable friendship for the main couple, they went from friendship to romance very quickly and in such a way that didn't feel believable. I fully believed they were great friends for each other, but while I ...more
Catherine ~All for the greater glory of God~
Notable Content: Kissing.
Grammar note: I spotted one comma splice, but it was dialogue, so it's possible it was deliberate.

I was so happy to see this one temporarily free, and I finally read it!

What a delightful book! I gobbled it up in practically a single sitting! As always with Cellier, a delightful, sweet romance stole my heart—possibly one of my favorites. The characters stole my heart as well; they were so endearing and fascinating. The world is always incredibly interesting to me and I
Aimee Berg
Ah, the middle child syndrome. Always feeling like you're overlooked isn't easy. Cordelia of Lanover feels this way all the time. Because she's the second to last child of seven, people tend to belittle her and just pass her off as another young, frivolous princess; however, she is much more observant than people give her credit for.

Cordelia is able to see past Ferdinand's ugly outer appearance to the kind and good man underneath. I liked Ferdinand from The Princess Pact and was happy to hear
Kendra Parker
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novella. It was longer than many, and Cellier did a great job of cutting anything unnecessary so that the reader could really feel as though she knew the main characters.

While reading this novella, I enjoyed seeing the happy endings piling up and the way Cellier brings the cast of characters from other books in to join each other in friendship. You truly do not need to have read any other book in the series, but if you have, Cellier gives you some follow-up moments with the main
Shruti
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(I received a digital copy of this book. Thanks to Melanie Cellier!!)

This was yet another beautiful fairy tale reimagining of the acclaimed fairy tale which has left me in awe. The most surprising thing is that just 100pgs could so well ransack all my emotions. I love it!

The frog princess has always been a favourite and with the writers special skills she has come up with a very delightful treat for the frog prince lovers. All in all its a short and sweet story which would remind one of the
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 actually. This is a sweet retelling of one of my favorite fairy tales. I liked the direction Cellier went with it, making it more believable in a human context. I really liked the sweetness of the story, I just wanted MORE of it. I wanted to allow the relationship to go deeper, and for time to be taken in the telling of their story.

But what WAS there was done well, and the subplot of dastardly deeds fit decently well, though I admit it was most definitely my secondary interest in the book.
Adena Lee
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly Inventive

Everyone has heard the various fairytales; parents read them to their youngsters ad nauseam. Finding a new rendition of a well-known fairytale is difficult, so when a good one shows up, it is cause for celebration. This version of the Frog Prince is brilliantly Inventive, incorporating the elements of a fairytale while giving it an original twist that engages the imagination at the same time as pulling at the heartstrings. Fans of KM Shea ought to enjoy this lots.
Melody
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-again
This was so cute! I’ve read the first book in the series, “The Princess Companion”, but haven’t read the books between that one and this one. I felt like there were some things I missed out on by not having read the rest, but it wasn’t enough to really bother me. I really have to read the rest of these books...

5 stars.
Heather Mayle
Jul 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cute fairy tale story. Only thing I didn't like was how William and Rafe are so good in the other books at listening to possible plot suspicions, but not in this one. I know it was too have Ferdy be the one who does listen to her and grow their bond, but it just seemed like a weird change in character for them.
Billie Flaming
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic fairy tale adaptation. The relationship was grounded and full of chemistry, even if the pacing was a bit fast. But with this being a novella, I can’t complain. Melanie Cellier makes good use of the space she has, and it’s nice to see previous leads from other books from a new set of eyes.
Rebecca Garrett
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read!

I've never liked the story of the princess and the Frog so I read this book last. However the authors take was so unique I thoroughly enjoyed every word. This author is very talented and her characters are so life like along with her created kingdom I feel like I know them personally. Very good job I hope she writes many many more books.
Guthrie Family
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun reimagined fairytale!

This was a fun quick read and a page turner! I love all the books in this series for their awesome twists on classic fairytales, the romance, and they are clean and well written. Awesome world building of the Four Kingdoms, interesting characters and great lessons! Can't say enough about this amazing series!
Sheralyn
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these stories and this one was not disappointment. Cordelia was fun and mischievous. I could relate to her feeling of inadequacy, but was relieved she was not one of those heroines that waited far too long to speak. I fell in love with Ferdy from the moment he was introduced and kept reading to learn more about him. Clean as always and a wonderfully cozy read.
Emily F
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella packs a punch!

This was a fantastic novella! Even though it was short, it still had phenomenal character development and progression. Great balance of romance and adventure, all in a beautiful take on a fairytale that is done very well!
Cassie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I would like these novellas better if the political intrigue was left out and it just focused on the fairy tale part. They end up feeling rushed and choppy. I would enjoy using the time to get to know the characters better.
J.M. Stengl
This novella is short yet sweet yet still packs a punch. I loved Ferdie, and his curse only made this sweet romance better, since Cordelia fell in love with a truly heroic man in spite of his appearance.
Well worth the read!
Kristen
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars -
I really wished I had known prior to reading this that they should be read it order. There were so many characters from the previous books talked about that it really distracted from the story. Guess I'll have to start at the beginning and then read this one again...
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Beautiful Curse (Entwined Tales, #4)
  • An Unnatural Beanstalk (Entwined Tales, #2)
  • A Little Mermaid (Entwined Tales, #5)
  • A Bear's Bride (Entwined Tales, #3)
  • A Goose Girl (Entwined Tales, #1)
  • Identity (Kingdom Chronicles, #3)
  • Spelled (The Kingdom Chronicles, #2)
  • Path of Secrets: A Reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood (The Andari Chronicles Book 6)
  • Daughter of Lies: A Reimagining of Snow White (The Andari Chronicles Book 5)
  • Pirouette (Andari Chronicles, #3)
  • Goldheart (Andari Chronicles, #2)
  • Elodie of the Sea (Eldentimber, #5)
  • The Wild Swans (Timeless Fairy Tales, #2)
  • Shadow and Thorn (Andari Chronicles, #4)
  • Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Snow White (Timeless Fairy Tales #11)
  • The Green-Eyed Prince (The Classical Kingdoms, #0.5)
  • Clara's Soldier: A Retelling of the Nutcracker
Melanie Cellier grew up on a staple diet of books, books and more books. And although she got older, she never stopped loving children’s and young adult novels. She always wanted to write one herself, but it took three careers and three different continents before she actually managed it.

She now feels incredibly fortunate to spend her time writing from her home in Adelaide, Australia where she

The Four Kingdoms (5 books)
  • The Princess Companion (The Four Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Princess Fugitive: A Reimagining of Little Red Riding Hood (The Four Kingdoms, #2)
  • The Princess Pact: A Twist on Rumpelstiltskin (The Four Kingdoms, #3)
  • The Princess Game: A Reimagining of Sleeping Beauty (The Four Kingdoms, #4)
  • The Princess Search (The Four Kingdoms, #5)