Start by marking “The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)

The Never Tilting World

(The Never Tilting World #1)

Frozen meets Mad Max in this epic teen fantasy duology bursting with star-crossed romance, immortal heroines, and elemental magic, perfect for fans of Furyborn.

Generations of twin goddesses have long ruled Aeon. But seventeen years ago, one sister’s betrayal defied an ancient prophecy and split their world in two. The planet ceased to spin, and a Great Abyss now divides tw
Published October 15th 2019 by HarperTeen

Start your review of The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
Melanie

ARC gifted to me by Olivia! Thank you!

“When the dead find words, the goddess and the Devoted son will meet atop a fish not a fish, on a sea not a sea. It is she who travels to the endless Abyss, and it is he who guides her.”

It’s no secret that Rin Chuepco is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have supported and loved every book I’ve picked up by them, but I was still apprehensive how they were going to top The Bone Witch Trilogy, which is one of my favorite series of all time,
Rin Chupeco
Dec 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
EDIT [3/28/19]: cover reveal! https://t.co/r1pRsQ06GC

Hello, what you should know about THE NEVER TILTING WORLD:

1. Four POVs:
+ Haidee, goddess-mechanic with free-spirited Moana vibes
+ Odessa, bookish chaotic lesbian goddess energy
+ Arjun, sarcastic fire-wielding amputee and secret cinnaman
+ Lan, healer/ranger and fierce bodyguard in love with her charge

2. Twin goddesses scrambling to fix a world slowly dying of horrific man-made (goddess-made?) and destructive climate change. Yes, climate change
Miranda Reads
Feb 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
description

Another month, another tierlist! While you probably know where this one ranks, check out the BookTube Video to see the rest!
The Written Review:
description

A demoness is what men call a goddess they cannot control.
Twin goddesses have always ruled Aeon but seventeen years ago, one of the twins refused a prophecy and the Breaking happened.

When the Breaking occurred, the world ground to a halt.

Half of it became a fiery desert and the other half is a frozen city- each ruled by a different Godd
Angelica
This Is why I shouldn't judge books by their covers. I expected it to be as good as it looked. I was wrong!

Don't get me wrong, the book didn't totally suck, despite my sucky rating. It was just meh, which is probably worse.

My first issue is that I, quite frankly, didn't care about any single one of the characters. Whether they lived or died was not my concern. One of them could have gotten hit by a magical bus and I wouldn't have batted an eye.

The characters didn't seem original to me. There was
Nenia ✨️ Socially Awkward Trash Panda ✨️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ p. 66

Oh man, this is another review that is probably going to get me hate, but you know what, I thought this book was bad and I'm not sorry about being honest. I'd be a pretty crappy book blogger if I lied to you and said this was amazing when I kept zoning out while reading this and thinking about all the other books I'd rather be reading instead. It was boring and 100% not for me.

On the surface, THE NEVER TILTING WORLD sounded a
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
October Faecrate Unboxing! Click the link to see the GOODIES

GOODIES LINK

Another damn book that I hated!! I loved the authors Bone Trilogy BUT not this one. I’m getting so tired of these kinds of books!!

I also think the cover is ugly, where many others love it. I thought her Bone Witch covers were better.

Anyway, I only like two of the items in the book box so I’m seriously thinking of dropping all book boxes at the beginning and of the year. I wish they did boxes with just the goodies so we did
Hamad
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

ARC provided by the Publisher through Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review

“A demoness is what men call a goddess they cannot control.”

🌟 I have always wanted to read something by this author and when I saw this awesome cover on Edelweiss (Thanks for them for providing an ARC in exchange of an honest review) I did not think twice and requested it. I have been reading less YA recently and changing into adult fantasy and maybe I am not being fair t
Chelsea Humphrey
Sep 05, 2019 marked it as dnf-lost-interest
Me:*casually trying to look cool while reading the latest trendy YA book*

description

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
Umairah | Sereadipity
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 4/5
Writing: 5/5

∗ It was a climate fiction fantasy novel about a world called Aeon split between permanent day and permanent night with extreme weather and dangerous magical creatures.

∗ I absolutely loved it- it was so imaginative and action-packed!

∗ The world building was really well fleshed out. I liked learning how both the day and night sides coped with their situations.

∗ I loved the backstory. It was inspired by Assyrian mythology and was really intriguing.

∗ Th
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

Many thanks to Wunderkind PR for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

Buddy read with Miranda Reads!! <3

SO...

I wasn't a fan of this one but I didn't hate it.

As is the case with most fantasies, I became very bored very quickly. I have ADHD and my brain simply can't wait out the explanations and jargon dumps. I need action and I need it fast. And this book did not deliver.

But I persisted because I didn't want to quit. I'm glad I didn't because things got better. Like, two-star-to-thre
Zoe Stewart (Zoe's All Booked)
HOLY FUCK BALLS I LOVED THIS. I have so many questions that need answering, but my GOD this was so good. My faith in YA fantasy may have just been restored.
Elle (ellexamines)
Oct 28, 2017 marked it as tbz
Shelves: x-tbr-lgbtq
Frozen meets Mad Max with split-in-half-goddesses. also, I personally love finding out books I already wanted to read have queer leads
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: poc cast, lesbian mc, sapphic mc with ptsd, amputee mc

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR, also climate change is real
Fadwa (Word Wonders)
CW: physical assault, PTSD, physical abuse, allusion to sexual assault and predatory behavior, violence, death

I absolutely LOVED this book but I don't have the brainpower to write a full length review so here are some bullet points. Good AND bad. But let's start with the bad since it's honestly not THAT bad.

The bad:
- The book has a bit of a learning curve. I was a bit lost in the first 60/70 pages because of how much world-building and focus it requires. So this won't be for everyone, especially
Acqua
May 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
How can you write something so unprecedented yet so tropey?

3.5 stars.

The Never-Tilting World is a queer post-apocalyptic fantasy book inspired by ancient Mesopotamian mythology and climate disasters. It's a really peculiar book, and yet, despite my love for weird queer novels, I never fell in love with it. I did enjoy it a lot, yes - it was overall a really fun time and the audiobook was amazing, making the four PoVs work perfectly with four different narrators.

Let's start from this book's main
Tara ☽
Mar 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
"Frozen meets Mad Max"

I'm disturbed yet excited
Sahitya
I have waited obscenely long to read this book. Multiple requests for the ARC got rejected and while sometimes I lose interest in a book when that happens, it wasn’t the case here. Rin Chupeco has become a favorite author of mine this year and there was no way I wasn’t gonna read this book immediately after its release. And I can’t tell you how happy I am that I wasn’t let down.

This world is brilliantly conceived. As a land that has stopped turning and has literally been cleaved into two, the e
Cindy ✩☽♔
May 11, 2018 marked it as to-read
4/7/18
This cover is gorgeous!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
---
Pitched as Frozen meets Mad Max...what does that mean?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Also, it seems like qutte a few books lately have been pitched as Mad Max meets *another famous name drop*
booksnpenguins
Oct 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
that cover + that synopsis are killing me
mina
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
buddy read with Celaena
DNF @31%

The synopsis was interesting, however, the execution didn’t work for me. I had to force myself to pick it up, and when I did pick it up I would stop mid-chapter to do something else because I didn’t have the will to read it. The world was confusing to me maybe because I wasn’t paying much attention, but the characters didn’t pull me into the story either. I couldn’t care less about the goddesses that were oh, so important in that world.
Cora Tea Party Princess
Jan 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
After this tweet by the author, I kinda really need it.

My new series, THE NEVER TILTING WORLD, has 4 POVs:
+ chaotic Slytherin lesbian deity
+ PTSD-suffering Asian bi Gryffindor warrioress
+ Grouchy disabled Hufflepuff Asian gunner
+ Ravenclaw nerd mechanic who is also a goddess
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I read an excerpt of The Never Tilting World because I've read Rin Chupeco before and found her plot boring and the writing too dense for YA fiction. And I really, really liked what I read...

The cover is neat as it shows a representation of the world in The Never Tilting World... but I feel like it must be better in paper?! Because the digital cover is dark and muddy looking. I did really like the title... I think its totally perfect f
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
You can find the full review and all the fancy and/or randomness that accompanies it at It Starts at Midnight .

Here's the thing: it wasn't bad per se, but I was just really bored through most of it? I almost DNFed (if I had a dollar for every time I said that, right?) but I kind of started caring about the characters a little, and also I am stubborn.

See, at first, I didn't care about the characters, the world, the plot... really not much of anything. I still liked the concept, I really didn't qu
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)
This was one of my most anticipated reads for the latter half of 2019, and it did mostly live up to my hopes! It’s a really unusual fantasy inspired by climate change, set in a world split in two realms - one with in an endless desert day under a blitzing sun and another an endless frozen night under a cold moon.

I was attached to all 4 narrators - a strong positive. One girl had an antiheroine arc - another strong positive. Also a f/f relationship - a third strong positive. An amazing, charming
Maëlys
Jul 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
☆ 4 / 5 ☆

“A demoness is what they call a goddess that men cannot control.”

The Never Tilting World provides a look on power and its misuse from the two sides of a divided world.

Twins used to rule Aeon together for centuries until one sister betraying the other led to a dividing of the world: Aranth is locked in a frozen state surrounded by a capricious sea while the Golden City stays locked away surrounded by deadly sands. Odessa and Haidee are twins living on these opposite sides of the worl
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
DNF at 40%

I could not get into either world enough to care about this story. And none of the characters was really doing anything for me either. It didn't help that the chapters were a little on the long side for my liking and they felt long. This wasn't a story I could just pick up and get lost in. But I did enjoy the different kinds of magic in the universe and how each world adapted their magic to their needs. But I think this story just wasn't for me, but I do think I'll give another Rin Chu
Shealea
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am one big uwu.
Raquel Flockhart
ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

DNF at 54%.

“A demoness is what men call a goddess they cannot control.”

Rin Chupeco became one of my biggest discoveries of the year back in the first trimester of 2019. I read and loved her The Bone Witch trilogy so much that I was over the moon when I found out she had another book coming out this year. After reading the synopsis of The Never Tilting World and how the author sorted the main characters in Hogwarts H

Vanessa
I remember the world back when it was soft and good, where I could watch the sun set before stars graced the sky with their shine. Do you know what I would give to see a sunset again, lad?

Marketing is so weird. Frozen? Hardly. Mad Max, sure, if Mad Max invented cobbled-together dune buggies. Instead it didn't really fit into anything I'd ever read before.

At least what I got from it was a high-octane road trip adventure, in a uniquely magical world, with two pairs of POVs belonging to some fa

• Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • The Fowl Twins (The Fowl Twins, #1)
  • Dragonslayer (Dragonslayer, #1)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Tarnished Are the Stars
  • Sick Kids in Love
  • To Kill a Curse (Lingering Sea  #1)
  • Scars Like Wings
  • Only Ashes Remain (Market of Monsters, #2)
  • Estranged (Estranged, #1)
  • The Babysitters Coven (The Babysitters Coven, #1)
  • Something Like Gravity
  • How the Light Gets In
  • The Black Veins
  • Lalani of the Distant Sea
  • Swipe Right for Murder
  • Suggested Reading
  • The Black Mage
For updates, events, and new releases, sign up for her newsletter at http://www.rinchupeco.com/newsletter Unfortunately, I cannot accept friend requests at this time - Amazon detects these friends' lists on Goodreads and prevents the people on them from leaving book reviews!

------------------------

Despite an unsettling resemblance to Japanese revenants, Rin always maintains her sense of hummus. Bo

The Never Tilting World (2 books)
  • The Ever Cruel Kingdom  (The Never Tilting World, #2)

Articles featuring this book

“A demoness is what men call a goddess they cannot control.” 5 likes
“She'd brought a few books along for the journey (I'd asked if they were for kindling, and she'd threatened castration), and she'd given me permission to look through them under further veiled threats about what would happen if I marred them in any way.” 1 likes