Start by marking “The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)

The Never Tilting World

(The Never Tilting World #1)

Frozen meets Mad Max in this epic teen fantasy duology bursting with star-crossed romance, immortal heroines, and elemental magic, perfect for fans of Furyborn.

Generations of twin goddesses have long ruled Aeon. But seventeen years ago, one sister’s betrayal defied an ancient prophecy and split their world in two. The planet ceased to spin, and a Great Abyss no
Published October 15th 2019 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Never Tilting World, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Brie One perspective is f/f. The other is m/f.

Start your review of The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
Melanie

ARC gifted to me by Olivia! Thank you!

“When the dead find words, the goddess and the Devoted son will meet atop a fish not a fish, on a sea not a sea. It is she who travels to the endless Abyss, and it is he who guides her.”

It’s no secret that Rin Chuepco is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have supported and loved every book I’ve picked up by them, but I was still apprehensive how they were going to top The Bone Witch Trilogy, which is one of my favorite series of all time, but friends, The Never Tiltingyou!
Rin Chupeco
Dec 13, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
EDIT [3/28/19]: cover reveal! https://t.co/r1pRsQ06GC

Hello, what you should know about THE NEVER TILTING WORLD:

1. Four POVs:
+ Haidee, goddess-mechanic with free-spirited Moana vibes
+ Odessa, bookish chaotic lesbian goddess energy
+ Arjun, sarcastic fire-wielding amputee and secret cinnaman
+ Lan, healer/ranger and fierce bodyguard in love with her charge

2. Twin goddesses scrambling to fix a world slowly dying of horrific man-made (goddess-made?) and destructive climate
Nenia ☠️ Hecka Wicked ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ p. 66

Oh man, this is another review that is probably going to get me hate, but you know what, I thought this book was bad and I'm not sorry about being honest. I'd be a pretty crappy book blogger if I lied to you and said this was amazing when I kept zoning out while reading this and thinking about all the other books I'd rather be reading instead. It was boring and 100% not for me.

On the surface, THE NEVER TILTING WORLD sounded amazing. LGBT+ fantasy set in a broken world where ome.
Pinterest
DNF
Angelica
First, can we talk about this cover? Can we just mention it for a moment? Cause it's nice. I like it a lot. That and the premise made me really excited to read this one.

And you know what?

I shouldn't judge books by their covers.

Don't get me wrong, the book didn't totally suck, despite my sucky rating. It was just meh, which probably worse.

My first issue is that I, quite frankly, didn't care about any single one of the characters. Whether they lived or died was no/>My
Chelsea Humphrey
Me:*casually trying to look cool while reading the latest trendy YA book*

description

*Many thanks to the publisher for providing my review copy.
Hamad
This ReviewBlog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

ARC provided by the Publisher through Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review

“A demoness is what men call a goddess they cannot control.”

🌟 I have always wanted to read something by this author and when I saw this awesome cover on Edelweiss (Thanks for them for providing an ARC in exchange of an honest review) I did not think twice and requested it. I have been reading less YA recently and changing into adult fantasy and maybe I am not being fair to this book because of that./>/>ARC
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
October Faecrate Unboxing! Click the link to see the GOODIES

GOODIES LINK

Another damn book that I hated!! I loved the authors Bone Trilogy BUT not this one. I’m getting so tired of these kinds of books!!

I also think the cover is ugly, where many others love it. I thought her Bone Witch cov
Elise (TheBookishActress)
Oct 28, 2017 marked it as releases-2019
Shelves: tbr-for-the-gays
Frozen meets Mad Max with split-in-half-goddesses. also, I personally love finding out books I already wanted to read have queer leads
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
4/7/18
This cover is gorgeous!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
---
Pitched as Frozen meets Mad Max...what does that mean?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Also, it seems like qutte a few books lately have been pitched as Mad Max meets *another famous name drop*
Lia
Oct 19, 2019 marked it as to-read
that cover + that synopsis are killing me
Sahitya
I have waited obscenely long to read this book. Multiple requests for the ARC got rejected and while sometimes I lose interest in a book when that happens, it wasn’t the case here. Rin Chupeco has become a favorite author of mine this year and there was no way I wasn’t gonna read this book immediately after its release. And I can’t tell you how happy I am that I wasn’t let down.

This world is brilliantly conceived. As a land that has stopped turning and has literally been cleaved into two, the e
Tara ☽
Mar 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
"Frozen meets Mad Max"

I'm disturbed yet excited
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I read an excerpt of The Never Tilting World because I've read Rin Chupeco before and found her plot boring and the writing too dense for YA fiction. And I really, really liked what I read...

The cover is neat as it shows a representation of the world in The Never Tilting World... but I feel like it must be better in paper?! Because the digital cover is dark and muddy looking. I did really like the title... I think its totally perfect for to reflect theWriter...
The
Tucker
Jul 31, 2019 marked it as review-copies-to-read
Recommended to Tucker by: Wunderkind PR

Many thanks to Wunderkind PR for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

this cover and title are absolutely gorgeous
i just want to stare at them for hours

| Goodreads | Blog | Twitch | Pinterest | Reddit | LinkedIn |
Shannon (It Starts At Midnight)
You can find the full review and all the fancy and/or randomness that accompanies it at It Starts at Midnight .

Here's the thing: it wasn't bad per se, but I was just really bored through most of it? I almost DNFed (if I had a dollar for every time I said that, right?) but I kind of started caring about the characters a little, and also I am stubborn.

See, at first, I didn't care about the characters, the world, the plot... really not much of anything. I still liked the concept, I really didn't quite understasaid right?)wasn't
Kelsey
I remember the world back when it was soft and good, where I could watch the sun set before stars graced the sky with their shine. Do you know what I would give to see a sunset again, lad?

Marketing is so weird. Frozen? Hardly. Mad Max, sure, if Mad Max invented cobbled-together dune buggies. Instead it didn't really fit into anything I'd ever read before.

At least what I got from it was a high-octane road trip adventure, in a uniquely magical world, with two pairs of POVs belonging to s
♠️ TABI ♠️
Sep 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: edelweiss
hi hello uhmmmmm Frozen plus MAD MAX???

I NEED THIS and damn Edelweiss didn't even make me sweat for this, just gave up a copy right away ahahahaha
Stephanie Gillespie
Apr 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Arc provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review.
Alexa
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Buddy read with Melanie!

I wasn't sure how much I would wind up enjoying The Never-Tilting World when I first cracked it open, but I needn't have worried because this was so. much. fun. I really enjoyed the lore, the multiple perspectives and characters and the story itself, as it takes recognizable tropes and puts them into a story that still feels really original. Cannot wait for the next one!
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
DNF at 40%

I could not get into either world enough to care about this story. And none of the characters was really doing anything for me either. It didn't help that the chapters were a little on the long side for my liking and they felt long. This wasn't a story I could just pick up and get lost in. But I did enjoy the different kinds of magic in the universe and how each world adapted their magic to their needs. But I think this story just wasn't for me, but I do think I'll give another R
Cora Tea Party Princess
Jan 21, 2019 marked it as to-read
After this tweet by the author, I kinda really need it.

My new series, THE NEVER TILTING WORLD, has 4 POVs:
+ chaotic Slytherin lesbian deity
+ PTSD-suffering Asian bi Gryffindor warrioress
+ Grouchy disabled Hufflepuff Asian gunner
+ Ravenclaw nerd mechanic who is also a goddess
Lea (drumsofautumn)
lmao this sounds EXACTLY like the plot of the dance performance I was in a couple of years ago. NATURALLY I need to read this.

Booktube ChannelTwitterInstagram

I received an ARC of this through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review!
❆Francesca (Mother of Cats) Selina❆
Thank you so much HarperCollins for providing me a free copy through Edelweiss in exchange of an honest review.

CHARACTERS:
Four main characters and two ships:
-Lan and Odessa (one part bodyguard/part healer and the other chronically ill chaotic goddess, both entangled in a complicated relationship)
-Haidee and Arjun (nerdy goddess with a passion for mechanics, and a too big of a heart, and a cranky roguish McSassypants being super adorable).
I didn’t have any struggle keeping up with/>
Shealea
Before anything else, sign up for the international blog tour for The Never Tilting World, which means being one of the early reviewers prior to its release!

Rin Chupeco. Queen of My Heart, Goddess of Brilliant Fantasy World-Buildings, and as of The Never Tilting World, Patron Saint of Sexual Tension and Unparalleled Chemistry.

I just can't even. None of us are ready.

Review to follow.
shri (sunandchai)
Full review on my blog!

First of all, I want to thank HarperTeen for sending me a review copy in exchange for an honest review.

I had no doubt that I was going to enjoy The Never Tilting World. This is one of those books that I took one look at the cover, the title, and decided that there was no way I wouldn’t like it. And I wasn’t disappointed. The Never Tilting World is an entertaining read that features four very unique protagonists in a world whose mythology is very cleverly
USOM
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Disclaimer: I received this book from Edelweiss. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

The Never Tilting World is a story about family, revenge, and power. Love, friendship, and destiny, The Never Tilting World will sweep you away. The Never Tilting World is epic. Told from four perspectives, Chupeco weaves a story full of magic, the manipulation of truth, and power that can corrupt. It is a story that builds up to a conclusion that will make your mouth drop.
rachel ☾
◯ Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagram
Ellie (faerieontheshelf)

This was one of my most anticipated reads of the latter half of 2019, and it does mostly fulfill my hopes. It’s a really unusual fantasy based off climate change in a world split in half into endless desert day under a blitzing sun and endless frozen night under a cold moon.

I was attached to all 4 narrators - a strong positive. One girl had an antiheroine arc - another strong positive. Also a f/f relationship - a third strong positive. An amazing, charming male love interest with a missing limb
Sheharzad ⚘
the cover alone added five years to my life.

y'all, we're gonna get a story about magic, sisterly feuds, two adjacent worlds with their own specific planetary functions, climate change, and sand dolphins. how cool is that?!?!!
Mila
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, lgbt
The digital arc of this book was kindly provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ website in exchange for an honest review.

I did not have a great time with YA releases this year, a lot of arcs were especially disappointing, this one included. I did not care for the messy world-building, bland characters or the mediocre writing. Some ideas about the world were interesting but seemed incredibly underdeveloped and boring. So I guess this novel is not for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Fireborne (The Aurelian Cycle, #1)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • The How & the Why
  • Kingdom of Souls (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Shadow Frost (Shadow Frost, #1)
  • Angel Mage
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Gravemaidens (Gravemaidens, #1)
  • Into the Crooked Place (Into the Crooked Place, #1)
  • A Thousand Fires
  • The Memory Thief
  • Song of the Crimson Flower
  • The Tenth Girl
  • The Good Luck Girls (The Good Luck Girls, #1)
  • I Hope You Get This Message
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Beyond the Black Door
  • Tiger Queen
For updates, events, and new releases, sign up for her newsletter at http://www.rinchupeco.com/newsletter Unfortunately, I cannot accept friend requests at this time - Amazon detects these friends' lists on Goodreads and prevents the people on them from leaving book reviews!

------------------------

Despite an unsettling resemblance to Japanese revenants, Rin always maintains her sense of hummus. Born and raise

The Never Tilting World (2 books)
  • Untitled (The Never Tilting World #2)