Start by marking “Ambition (Tremontaine #3.1)” as Want to Read:
Ambition (Tremontaine #3.1)

Ambition

(Tremontaine #3.1)

This is the 1st episode in the third season of Tremontaine, a 13-episode serial from Serial Box Publishing. This episode written by Ellen Kushner. Duchess Diane Tremontaine is the guest of honor at a fashionable banquet, but now that she holds power in her own right, challenges—and rivals—come in many forms. As allies reveal their own agendas, Diane looks to keep her ...more
ebook
Published October 11th 2017 by Serial Box

To ask other readers questions about Ambition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambition

Start your review of Ambition (Tremontaine #3.1)
Sherwood Smith
Season three is off to a spectacular start.

New readers could begin here, as we meet crucial characters one by one, and their situations and emotions are delineated. But oh, to understand the duchess's complexity of response as she attends a dinner, one really needs to know how she got to where she is . . . and it's interesting to note how well drawn she is, for she is not yet the formidable duchess with impervious control we know from the books.

Micah is delightfully present, and herself, Kaab
Rachel (Kalanadi)
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: serials
I would have thought Rafe'd learn by now to keep it in his pants, but noooo. He is so easily led around. I live for the Micah moments, and Kellgren's audio narration for the Duchess Tremontaine is always on point.

And let's say this is a rather fiery opening for season 3. Can't wait for the next episode!
Debbie Notkin
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's great to have Tremontaine back online and I'm eager for the next chapter tomorrow.

This one was pretty much setting the stage, with a lot of jumping from familiar character to familiar character; I have to see how things unfold before I can really judge the trajectory.
imyril
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AAAAAAAAAH

I've read this twice now, and it just gets better and better. Season Three is off to a flying start with role reversals (Diane, Kaab), betrayals (I'm still looking at you Kaab), hot sex (RAFE WHAT ARE YOU DOING RAFE) and blood already on the floor (AAAAAAAAAAH).

Thank heavens for Micah, serenely oblivious and a darling in every way.

Full review

I will as usual be reviewing each episode as it comes out. Although OH MY WORD CLIFFHANGER WHAT NO THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING HELP BRING ME EPISODE
Sarah (CoolCurryBooks)
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tremontaine season three is live, and I’m going to be reviewing it episode by episode! If you’re not familiar with Tremontaine, it’s a fabulous queer fantasy of manners serial story set in Ellen Kushner’s Riverside. Picture political, sword fights, and a primarily LGBTQ cast. I do think it’s a story you should read in order, so head over to season one if you’re not familiar with it.

Diane has triumphed, becoming Duchess of Tremontaine in her own right. Now she’s plotting a way to show up Lord
emma
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After much anticipation on behalf of this reader, Tremontaine returns with Season Three of the thrilling serialized dram filled with intrigue, sex, and, of course, chocolate. I was fortunate enough to read season three episode one a week early thanks to being able to join TremonTEAM this year.

Episode was positively delightful, opening with Diane, now Duchess in her own right, surveying her city. I loved seeing Diane's introspection in this scene, thinking of how she arranged last season's duel
Alison Jane de Silva
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
‘Ambition’ is a strong opening that leaves much to look forward to in a season that’s already shaping up to give us a significant shift in character action, dynamics and motivations. All exciting things!

Full (non-spoiler-free) reaction/review here:
Rene Sears
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man, Tremontaine is off to a killer start this season! A number of baby plots are just starting to grow, with consequences carried over from last season. I can't wait to see where this season goes. Looks like outright violence between Riverside and the Hill might be on the menu. [Also, please Vincent be okay!]
Jason
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tremontaine is back!

The third season of Tremontaine opens with an all new mix of conspiracies, ambitions, plots and counterplots. Few fictional worlds are as rich as this - you owe it to yourself to check it out.
Amy!
Needs more Tess (always, always, always).

This season is off to a strong start, and I am glad to have some of the storylines from the first and second seasons finished off.
Dumpy Unicorn

• The Winter Long (October Daye, #8)
  • Chimes at Midnight (October Daye, #7)
  • Jenta som ville redde bøkene
  • Why Did I Ever
  • A Red-Rose Chain (October Daye, #9)
  • The Brightest Fell (October Daye, #11)
  • Einhorn kann jeder! (Emmi und Einschwein, #1)
  • Revenant Gun (The Machineries of Empire, #3)
  • Djur som ingen sett utom vi
  • Mark Rothko
  • Klasiskais modernisms: Latvijas glezniecība 20. gadsimta sākumā
  • Once Broken Faith (October Daye, #10)
  • Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6)
  • One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5)
  • Alexandria Leaving (Bookburners Season 4, Episode 12)
  • Eating Words (Bookburners Season 4, Episode 9
  • Late Eclipses (October Daye, #4)
  • Clockwork Boys (Clocktaur War, #1)
Ellen Kushner weaves together multiple careers as a writer, radio host, teacher, performer and public speaker.

A graduate of Barnard College, she also attended Bryn Mawr College, and grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. She began her career in publishing as a fiction editor in New York City, but left to write her first novel Swordspoint, which has become a cult classic, hailed as the progenitor of the “

Tremontaine (1 - 10 of 52 books)
  • Arrivals (Tremontaine #1.1)
  • The North Side of the Sun (Tremontaine #1.2)
  • Heavenly Bodies (Tremontaine #1.3)
  • A Wake in Riverside (Tremontaine #1.4)
  • The Dagger and the Sword (Tremontaine #1.5)
  • A Fair Hand (Tremontaine #1.6)
  • The Swan Ball (Tremontaine #1.7)
  • A City Without Chocolate (Tremontaine #1.8)
  • Lies in Our Stars (Tremontaine #1.9)
  • Shadowroot (Tremontaine #1.10)