Start by marking “Still Here” as Want to Read:
Still Here

Still Here

Hollywood rising star and passionate humanitarian Rowan Blanchard shares her beloved personal scrapbook with the world.

Featuring art and writing from her favorite photographers, poets, and friends alongside her own journal entries and snapshots, STILL HERE is an unedited look at Rowan Blanchard’s inner life–and a poignant representation of teen life in general. Alongside
Published February 20th 2018 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Still Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Here

Start your review of Still Here
Beth
If Emo were a scrapbook it would look like this. I think I would have enjoyed this book as a teen, but as a woman in her late 30s, it felt a bit self-indulgent. The scrapbook format will definitely be appealing to teens, but I didn’t find it particularly artistic or original. If anything it just felt like a messier version of what my own notebook looks like and nobody’s knocking down my door to publish that.
Ashley
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
*Won in a goodread givaway*

Still Here has journal entries, pictures, drawings and poems from Rowan Blanchard. The book I received was 32 pages long but I enjoyed reading and looking at the drawings and pictures. You can tell by reading this book that she is full of love, and pain. Rowan will make a difference in the world and I hope that she inspires young women to do the same. I believe that this book will be geared more towards young girls and teens.
Amelia Oswald
Sep 20, 2017 marked it as to-read
Ahh one of my favorite actress is going to release a book !!
Averi
Feb 19, 2018 added it
Although this book is written by a teenager and is probably meant for teenagers I believe that it is meant for anyone who is struggling with identity.
Princess Cordelia
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I felt a special connection with this book, maybe it was because Rowan wrote it, maybe it was the fact that it was targeted at teens, maybe I understood and related to what was said. This book is filled with so many emotions and I definitely recommend it.
MJ Sasse
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found this book to be very interesting and refreshing as it is in a format often not adopted by authors. It's casual, journalist tone offers a different experience for the reader than a more commonly structured piece of literature. However, the rudimentary structure did not detain from the overall message of empowerment and unity. The combination of art (photographs, drawings, etc.) with the words also aided the reader in understanding the full meaning of the text and the mood behind it. ...more
sara
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I really appreciate that Rowan made this book, it is bold and important. I believe that it is a good book for teenagers to read. Rowan is one of those people who is smart, much smarter and openminded and aware than I was at that age and I am glad that she went this route when writing a book, making a collaboration between people she knew. It is diverse, which I always appreciate and covers a variety of topics relevant to the society and adolescents today. Written for teenagers, each voice that ...more
Brandy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rowan prefaced this book as an inside look of growing up as a teenager in today’s society. But I think what the average reader will find is art and topics so much bigger than her. So much bigger than a teenager’s life. We are living in a time where change is happening everyday and trying to be on the right side of history can prove to be most difficult. However, it doesn’t seem to escape Rowan her place in all of it. Her platform to extend equality and be compassionate. I think she’s brilliant ...more
Sadie Hillier
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the friend I wish I had at age 12, age 15, age 17. I wish I could reach back in time and hand this book to my thirteen year old self as a tangible reminder of just how completely un-alone she was. The Russian Nesting Dolls of my teenage selves inside of me feel more seen and understood than they ever have. This world is still so full of hope, and Rowan and this book are a beautiful reminder of that. Thank you for reaching out through the darkness and handing us this work for art.
Jessica C Writes
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
This book was not at all what I expected it to be. That isn’t necessarily bad...just different.

It is a collection of journal entries & photographs from a ton of different people. A lot of it was very important. It was very touching and emotional. But a lot of it was random little strings of sentences, they didn’t all make a lot of sense. The handwriting was hard to read in some of them, so I just skipped over some words/sentences.

I don’t really have a lot of feelings towards this. It was
Maivy Le
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
So I haven't exactly looked through the whole thing but I can tell you that it's a little pretentious lol, but you can't expect much more from a Hollywood teen who's only lived I don't know 16 years? She acts pretentiously wise and experienced for her age in the book but hopefully Rowan looks back on it twenty years later and realizes how really arrogant it is. But hey, nice attempt! Stick to acting for now.
Anna
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There's nothing like raw teenage emotions. This really got to me.
Lizzy Seitz
3.0 out of 5 stars

I think Rowan is a wonderful human and have always admired her for coming out as a young girl and dealing with all the opinions others forced upon her after that. So I was excited to read this since she published this. However I was let down a bit with this for a couple reasons.

First of all some entries were hard to read. Secondly, there were some words utilized in a couple of the entries that I personally hate when others utilize such as c*nt and n*gger especially in
Audrey Kelly
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really struggled to find anything I liked about this book. Some of the handwriting was challenging to read, so it took away from the meaning behind the words. I really disliked most of the poems and entries; I didn't connect to them and I found them, overall, confusing. The pictures made no sense. They didn't connect to anything else in the book. I really didn't understand this book at all; thus, I didn't enjoy it.
Mel Gutierrez Ibarra
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't particularly excited to read this book seeing as I'm not very familiar with Rowan Blanchard's work. I was, however, surprised by how much I resonated with Blanchard's entries. I wouldn't say that Blanchard's experience reflects that of all teens today (she is an outspoken activist), but she did write about experiences that I can relate to. It felt very personal, yet her entries didn't feel like one in a million.
Erin W
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.75
I love Rowan Blanchard and what she fights for so I wanted to pick this up. Finished it quickly and this was beautiful. The collection her poems, diary entries, photos and other contributors entries together was beautiful! Read this if you aren’t sure what to read.
Mindy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-grabs
This is the type of book my younger queer self would have needed to read. Now that I'm older, it's a little less impactful, but still beautiful.
Pamic
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
“It is scaring me that there are so many things I used to believe with all of my heart and all of my soul, and why I don’t believe them anymore?”
Andrea Trenary
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
Dollar Tree find.
This book tricked me with pretty pictures and mixed media which is usually entirely up my alley but the writing was awful. Admittedly the author was quite young when she wrote it, but it just screams being a teenager and trying to write prose while thinking you're so deep and witty. But you're not.
Destiny K.
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PERSONAL RESPONSE
I loved reading Still Here . It was very interesting to read about other people’s perspectives in the world. It made me realize that even though I live a very different life than some of these famous people, I still deal with the same problems as them. I could strongly connect to many of the passages. I also loved how deep this book was. I reread pages many times to try and fully understand what that particular author was trying to say. All in all, I do not have any criticisms
Ellie
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, heart warming and easily interpreted to fit what you need in life right now. I am grateful for artists, and the power of art to make people feel less alone. We rarely talk about the pain of growing up as a concrete idea. We are more than just a source of the older generations’ amusement or an outlet for complaining. This book shows the ups and downs of learning, growing, firsts and lasts in an artistic way. I am not sure how older individuals will take this, but I turned the last page ...more
Kat (the_bookish_kat)
3.5*

This was a very powerful novel. I loved the message it gave, and I really loved the journal format, but I also had quite a few issues with it.

In some of the entries, the handwriting was really small, and difficult to read. It took me a while to, finally, get used to reading the reeeeaaaallllyyyy small handwriting.

I was also not a huge fan of the "poetry" in this novel. I didn't fully understand the metaphors, and reading the poetry just wasn't that enjoyable.

Overall I would say that I
kay
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Personally, I have loved Rowan Blanchard since I first saw her on the show Girl Meets World as a child. Now that I have slowly progressed into my teenage years, I see Rowan as the person she is. This book was amazing and it is now my sort of teenager handbook. It talks about feelings like love and anger and just understands me. I recommend this book for all teenage girls like me just trying to get through life.
Ghalyah
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading, "Still Here," I'm pretty sure Rowan Blanchard and I were connected in a past life. This collection of raw emotions was amazing. I fell more and more in love with the book and the contributors the more I read. Definitely a new favorite of mine.
Molly
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Rowan so much and I am so glad I was able to get this book so soon. She is such an important role model to me even though she is younger than me. She’s such a wonderful person. I love this book and I want to read it again and again.
Jas
Mar 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
eh, the emo 16 yr old me would have loved this book, but this just seemed like a collection of tumblr posts tbh.
Danielle Crear
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful collection of empowering words and images. This is something I wish I had as a younger teen, but it’s something I will hold close to my heart for years to come.
Katie Zechar
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
“I am whole all alone sitting here in love with the solitude I have been blessed with to claim as mine” - I really liked this quote because I feel like it’s very me.
Dani Walters
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Great for the intended age group but once you’ve past the phase of self discovery and move on to the phase of survival it loses its appeal lol
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
She needs to just go be a teenager. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Captive
  • The Mermaid's Voice Returns in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #3)
  • Little Wrecks
  • Strange Piece of Paradise
  • The Witch Doesn't Burn in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic, #2)
  • Unfinished Symphony (Logan, #3)
  • Tomorrow: Adventures in an Uncertain World
  • Confessions of a Guidette
  • To Make Monsters Out of Girls (Things that Haunt, #1)
  • Secrets for the Mad
  • El viaje de los colibríes
  • DROPKICKromance
  • Star vs. the Forces of Evil Star and Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension
  • And We Stay