Start by marking “Where the Heart Is (The One, #2)” as Want to Read:
Where the Heart Is (The One, #2)

Where the Heart Is

(The One #2)

shouldn’t be in love, but baby I am
I know it’s crazy, but I don’t give a damn
shouldn’t want you near me
but you’re inside me, can you hear me
I’m praying you need me, baby say you do
I’m laying in bed, dreaming of you
cuz I remember you moving, gliding
can’t get over you, baby I’m trying
why can’t I have you, why’s it have to be so complicated
the love I feel hasn’t
Published September 14th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Where the Heart Is, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Heart Is

Start your review of Where the Heart Is (The One, #2)
Jennifer Kyle
Sep 18, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 STARS

To be honest, I spent the entirety of this book waiting to find out about the status of Christian, our hero from the first book.

description

I had a hard time caring about Ava’s sister Delta Martin as she is the heroine of this book and Christian’s friend Jonny is the hero. Delta is a single mom who’s music career takes off in this book and sailor Jonny gives up the sea for a future with her and her son. Que in a bunch of musical lyrics, and Miranda Lambert as a character in this book.

description

Needless to
Jan
Sep 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

**** 4 Stars ****

This is going to be short.
It's not a secret that I avoid insta-love stories like the plague. I have convincing issues and so it's not my trope.
Where The Heart Is, was basically an insta-love tale, yet it didn't feel like a insta-love tale. Not for a single moment did the lack of realism come to my mind whilst reading it. I was totally engrossed in Delta and Jonny's story and most importantly, convinced that they were made for each other. Jasinda Wilder has a way with the words.

Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Okay so, at the end of The Long Way Home I was left feeling all frustrated and cliff hangered by the way it ended. I thought all of those feelings were going to be soothed when I opened this book. They were, but not in the way I assumed. Confused? That’s because this is Delta and Jonny’s story.

Delta is Ava’s sister and is helping in the after care of sister after a hurricane struck her sister’s home, nearly killing her. Jonny, Christian’s best friend, is also there, fulfilling a promise he made
Stephanie Phillips (Stephanie's Book Reports)
I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.

I have to say - I devoured this book. Delta and Jonny were shown to us in the first book of this series The Long Way Home. I've been looking forward to reading their story to see what would transpire.

Her whole life Delta has felt unloved and unworthy. She's never made a whole lot of her life except to be a fabulous mother to her son, Alex. She always had dreams of making it as a singer/songwriter but that never came to
Mayra M
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
I can't fu**ing believe this book is about Delta and Jonny? And we don't see what happens with Ava and Christian until a third book? WTH? So not cool

Really wish GR had half stars
Konny
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Where The Heart Is by Jasinda Wilder is the second book in The One Series and can easily be read as a standalone.
Where the Heart is picks up where book one, The Long Way Home ends. The Long Way Home is Ava and Christians story.
And Where The Heart Is features Delta and Jonny.
Delta Martin is Avas older sister, shes a single mom and works hard to make ends meet.
Jonny Nunéz is a world traveler and Christian St.Pierres best friend.
Both meet in the aftermath of the horrible natural disaster at the
sunshine
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
i'm so excited to this story because i knew it was the continuation of Christian and Ava's story, yes it was the continuation but focus on Jonny and Delta. it was still good. and I want to listen to the songs.
Novel Grounds
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing

My Heart Hurts. This book may have healed some of the breaks from its predecessor, but it made even more shatters. I ended this book itching for the next even more and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

No author I read writes emotional romances like Jasinda Wilder. This novel, heck, this series just bleeds the emotion out onto you while you read. You can't help but fall in love with these characters and feel their pain as you read. This novel came out soon after Irma hit and it made the novel
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Maybe it's time to stop running and start staying."

I wasn't sure what to expect from this second installment of The One series. I was left hanging, worrying, and hoping at the end of book one. I started this book without having seen the synopsis, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it focused mainly on Johnny & Delta. I had met these two previously, and I knew just enough to be very intrigued, wanting more.

Book one is about Ava & Christian. Ava's sister is Delta, and
Donna
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it

Jacinda Wilder has done it again. How she manages to write these amazing love stories. That suck you in, but they never fail to leave you feeling completely sated. You instantly fall in love with characters that you really feel connected to. This is the kind of book where something so devastating happens it takes a special someone to pull you through the hard stuff to bring you out the other side.

Although this book isn't the one I was expecting to come next. I really wanted more of
Ginny Rose
Where The Heart Is a love story best described as a lovers lullaby. An emotional and poetic connection between a dreamer and a vagabond.

Delta Martin and Jonny Nuñez are first introduced in The Long Way Home as Ava's sister and Christian best friend. They come together when a natural disaster hits Florida and they work as team to help save a city. But as they help, they see in one another something they had once lost. Something they thought it was unobtainable... Love.

While I'm thoroughly
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Love Delta and Jonny. This is a good love story and the book works as a standalone. Disappointed that we didn't get Ava and Christian's conclusion and, now have another Ava and Christian cliffhanger to add to the first Ava and Christian cliffhanger. Oh well!

Full review on Badass Bloggettes:
Tiffany
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! Delta and Jonny rocked my socks off! They had amazing chemistry and I loved their love story.

I am ready to find out where Ava and Christian's story goes!

"When a man's lost his woman, he's lost his way."
Tara
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes you go through something tragic and it shapes your life, your soul and jades you but then you meet that one person that pulls you out of it. I loved reading Delta & Johnny's story and can't wait for more!!
Nishi Jindal
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where the Heart is book two of the The One series by Jasinda Wilder.
This book picks right where the first book ended where Jonny and Delta meet for the first time. It is their story which progresses in this installment of The One series.

Jonny is a sailor and ocean is his home. It's all he has known as his skill and as his life. He considers himself to be a nomad and lives with the dark reality of running from his past.

Delta is Ava's older sister and is a single mom to Alex. She has lived a
Lisa A
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it
I was so excited this book was out and then a little disappointed I thought it was the continuation of Christian and Ava but it was a story about Jonny and Delta. Christian's best friend and Ava's sister. Not that the story was bad, it was a quick fall in love book, just was expecting a different book. Can't wait for book 3 hopefully Christian and Ava.
Badass Bloggettes
I’m late posting this review and others because Hurricane Irma has impacted our power for more than a week after it hit and now we seem to go up and down with the slightest rain for some unknown reason.

Where The Heart Is , is the second novel in The One series. I like this story better than the first one because it doesn’t hit my pet peeves like The Long Way Home. Where The Heart Is picks up where The Long Way Home ends. Jonny Nunez, Christian St. Pierre’s close friend, is working with the
Lisa Sylva (The Book Bistro)
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
...and it just keeps evolving into even more excellence! 4.5 Love Stars!

This book continues this compelling journey that we began from the first book, in which we met all four main characters, Christian - Ava - Delta - Jonny.

In "The Long Way Home", we learn about the relationship between Ava and Christian. We learn all the ups and downs and then we experience the very compelling climax of the story - enter: Delta & Jonny. When I was reading the first book, it was amazing how Jasinda took the
Julie
Sep 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Sometimes life doesn’t always turn out like we planned. For Delta - a string of endless relationships leads her to a one night stand that she will never forget. As a single mother, Delta knows the strains of trying to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. An endless cycle that brings despair and loneliness in her life. The bright spot in her darkness is being a mother to the sweetest little boy! Alex makes all of the trials and tribulations worthwhile.

When tragedy strikes her sister
Kathy Rouchelle
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! It was so great to read about Delta and her story as she goes to Florida to see about her sister after a hurricane hits her town. She just has no idea that she is going to find more than her sister in that Florida town. Delta has had it hard since she had her baby. Hard in the sense that she works hard to make a living for her and her son, taking any jobs that she can to make ends meet, and doing what she loves behind closed doors when she gets off of work, playing her ...more
Book Loving Fairy-Blog
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Star Rating: 3.5 stars

Ugh..I so want to give more for this simply because of the author, but I can't.

After leaving Book 1 on a cliffy (totally sucked) I assumed this one would give answers and pick back up but NOPE!

New couple, new story line in a sense and as far as the history goes I would've preferred a continuation of book 1 for the closure and then the next book be what is in this one. I was so lost that I wasn't sure I could finish but I did.

Overall, I hoped for more from Book 1 cause you
Ellen
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another intense 'chapter' to the story. I think this series is particularly moving for me because I am both married to a sailor and live in Fort Lauderdale part time. Being married to a sailor, well, it's a different lifestyle that's for sure. And having that intense connection, is not typical either.
I was very relieved by the forward to this book, as I had realized at the end of "The Long Way Home" as hurricane 'Dorothy' was hitting, that this had been written prior to Irma and Jose', and
Whitney
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Ok so book 1 left us with a huge cliffhanger. I knew this book wasn't focused on Ava and Christian, but her Sister Delta and and Christian's friend Jonny. I almost skipped this one and went straight to book 3 but I'm glad I didn't. There are things in this one that we needed to know. We needed to understand that Delta and Jonny spent time searching for Ava in the hurricane aftermath. we had to see if jonny kept his promise to deliver the box to ava. There was more of ava and Christian's story ...more
Witchy Richey's Booktastic Reviews
Struggling to clean up after Mother's Nature's destruction these two characters form a bond but two different lives make it impossible.

Delta is a single mom whose dream was lost a long time ago. Jonny is a drifter who lives on the sea to escape.

A great read about staying afloat even when life is tossing you among its waves, trying to drown you. I devoured these words of second chances and life. Learning that anything is possible, great things can come from tragedy and love knows no bounds!
Terra Drynan-Werder
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book for an honest review. I really am really enjoying this series and how different it is to things that I have read in the past. Book one contained emails and letters, while book 2 was song lyrics and memories written as a story. Book 2 focuses mostly on the interactions of Jonny and Delta, but Christian and Ava are present and the underlying story of all that happens. It was another emotional rollercoaster of love and loss and I can't wait ...more
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Where the Heart is, is the second book in The One series. It’s Delta and Johnny’s story; however you do get some additional pieces about Christian and Ava from The Long Way Home.

This was a good story but I’d hoped for more about Christian and Ava than what was there. It’s a well written story and I loved the characters. It has lots of feels, romance and just enough angst to keep the story moving. I cannot wait to read more from this series.
Stacey Mcphilomy
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read

We pick up just as we left off from book 1. Will Christian find his way back? That is still a question in the end. This book finds two harden people trying not to fall in love . Sometimes you can't help it especially when you find the match to your heart. The end leaves you wanting more.
Jen
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect!

Of course another awesome book by one of my faves!! What a great story for Jonny and Delta. It was emotional and quick! Of course I thought it could have been a little longer, so I can only hope that we get to revisit them in a future book. And can't wait to see how Christian and Ava fair in the next book!!
Nicole
Sep 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was so glad to start reading book 2 in The One series. The ending of book 1 left me hanging. Luckily I did not have to wait long. While book 1 focused on the story of Ava and Chris, book 2 focused primarily on Ava's sister Delta and Chris' friend Jonny. I really enjoyed the new couple's story, but found myself wondering when I would find out more about the cliffhanger from the first book. Jasinda did not disappoint me at all. This series is so good and I am very anxiously awaiting book 3!
Donna Kitsch
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love the passion between Delta and Jonny!! How they come together and how their souls connect.
This is another amazing story from Jasinda. Couldn’t put it down! All the emotional tugs at your heart you want when reading!

• The Beautiful Now
  • Mr. & Mrs. (Mister, #6)
  • Holding Onto Forever (Beaumont - Next Generation, #1)
  • Jesse (Bossy Brothers, #1)
  • Five (Mister, #0.5)
  • Sweet Little Bitch (Sweet, #4)
  • Exes with Benefits
  • Sweet Little Memories (Sweet, #3)
  • Joey (Bossy Brothers, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part Two (L&S Duet, #2)
  • Wish You Were Mine
  • From This Moment (After We Fall, #4)
  • Ride (Studs in Spurs, #3)
  • Lust (Vegas Nights, #2)
  • Hooked (Studs in Spurs Book 4)
  • Her Guardian
  • Champion (Studs in Spurs Book 7)
  • Unloved
NEW YORK TIMES, USA TODAY, WALL STREET JOURNAL and international bestselling author Jasinda Wilder is a Michigan native with a penchant for titillating tales about sexy men and strong women. Her bestselling titles include ALPHA, STRIPPED, WOUNDED, and the #1 Amazon and international bestseller FALLING INTO YOU. You can find her on her farm in Northern Michigan with her husband, author Jack Wilder, ...more

The One (3 books)
  • The Long Way Home (The One, #1)
  • There’s No Place Like Home (The One, #3)
“Some loves are fated, and cannot be broken, even by death . . . Even by the sea. Even by the sea.” 0 likes
“No one has ever made me feel special. No one has ever made me”—I shrug—“just feel. Like, deep down. My songs are all about heartbreak and getting drunk and hooking up, because that’s all I’ve ever known. I gave them what they wanted,” 0 likes