Start by marking “Money Honey: A Simple 7-Step Guide for Getting Your Financial $hit Together” as Want to Read:
Money Honey: A Simple 7-Step Guide for Getting Your Financial $hit Together

Money Honey: A Simple 7-Step Guide for Getting Your Financial $hit Together

Let’s face it: Adulting is hard, especially when it comes to money management. In Money Honey, former financial advisor Rachel Richards achieves the impossible by bringing humor and sass to the dreaded subject of personal finance.

An avid investor and business owner, Rachel talks straight about how to attain financial freedom. You’ll find no shortage of valuable nuggets in
Published September 9th 2017 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Money Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Money Honey

Start your review of Money Honey: A Simple 7-Step Guide for Getting Your Financial $hit Together
Rachel Richards
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
As the very biased author of this book, I give it five stars, obviously.
Thomasina A.
This book will keep you in debt for life

I did a lot of the recommendations in this book about 10 years ago. I’ve been battling a vicious cycle of debt because of it. Trying to save money in multiple accounts while paying off debt without addressing why you have debt in the first place will only keep you in debt. You will never EVER get ahead this way.

I am speaking from experience. I don’t believe the author ever had debt, so trying to teach others how to get out of an experience that you do
Vanessa
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun and V Informative!

I really liked some of Rachel’s financial concepts. I loved the part about stocks, multidão funds, Index Funds, and I finally know the different kinds and what would work best for me!

I will never understand why this kind of information is now taught to us in HS or college. This is something everyone should have an idea! I am glad I finally know it! Haha

It’s never too late!
Margot O'Meara
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It is a high level look at finances and provides a solid plan to get yourself on track to save. I was an economics major in college, so I am knowledgable about most of the topics discussed in the book, but it was a great refresher. I found it to be a easy, quick read that is very motivational! Last night I outlined my goals and created a budget for the new year. Budgeting has always been tough for me because...clothes and happy hour. But I'm motivated to be more responsible and ...more
Allison Cowden
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
So easy to understand

This book was exactly what I needed! I have been fumbling through personal finance for as long as I can remember, knowing vaguely what I “should” do but without a framework of how to do it. Money Honey breaks it down in easy to understand, simple steps that can really make a difference. I have never been so excited to budget, save, and invest as I am right now. I can’t wait to give this book to my niece for her graduation to help her get a head start!
Paige
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books
This book is so easy to understand, so fun to read and so much of a blessing! I am financially illiterate. Seriously. I’m so clueless when it comes to how to tackle finances. Thanks to Rachel’s book, I feel much more confident taking control of my own accounts and future! I highly recommend this book to anyone who needs direction, advice and support.
Abby  Smith
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A financial book that I actually enjoyed and learned a lot about invest and Stocks > Bonds. It was also nice to reiterate that I have been doing a lot of things correctly. Rachel inspired me to be a better planner, saver and investor! I know I am on the right track and he book will help me get even further #MoneyHoney
Jason Heinritz
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel does an awesome job of making financial education as a young person fun and simple! I love her spunk and how her personality shines through the pages! A MUST read for every 18-28 year old female!
Amy
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'll be the first to admit I have limited financial savvy so I am excited to get started with Rachel's easy to follow 7-step plan. This was an easy to read (and fun!) guide and I feel more confident than ever in my ability to get my financial $hit together (:
Lucia Bellanger
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
FINALLY a book for financial dummies that i actually understood and was inspired by
Kristen
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Clear and easy way to start learning about personal finance!
Ryan
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great advice and very easy read for the average millennial.
Gina Preziosi
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you, Rachel Richards!

Managing finances can be intimidating, but the guidance provided by Rachel is not. In regards to budgeting and saving, Rachel herself asks, "how can you learn when there is no formal education in place?" This book is perfect for any coming-of-age individual to avoid debt all together, and be financially ahead and stable from the start. This should be required reading for every young woman (every young individual), and I know I will be passing it along to daughters (and
Kyra
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for free via a Facebook group.

The tone and style of writing may resonate with some, but it didn’t work for me.

Some explanations were helpful.
Kelly
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I was looking to improve my financial literacy, and hopefully set financial goals beyond just "save money." This book was a casual but informative breakdown of basic personal finances, from budgeting to investing to buying a home. It's certainly not a deep dive into any one topic, but for anyone looking to get smarter with money, it's a great place to start. It has a casual, millennial-focused tone (that does sometimes come across as judgmental disguised as "tough love"), but take it all with a ...more
Karen Schwarm
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Worthwhile for beginning financial journey

Great start on how to tackle debt while saving for your goals at the same time. I was hoping for more details about investing. I've already done some of the things she talks about, but it also gave me guidance on prioritizing and managing my assets and liabilities more effectively.
Rusty Jorbina-Tave
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book as a recommendation from the Girlboss newsletter. This book was pretty straightforward in its advice and I have picked up at lot of specific and actionable steps from it. I have been struggling with debt and savings for all of my life and I would like to change that. This book provided much needed information and motivation for it. Some chapters I skipped were those on Student Debt, Retirement, and Taxes since I am not based in the US and the advise in there are not applicable ...more
Shani
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This is the best book I've read about finances and getting it together. Ms. Richards' book is humorous yet direct and educational, making learning fun. This book is also easy to understand for non-financial types. I highly recommend this book. My only wish is that I had something like this in my arsenal 20 years ago.
Tewa
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's words

If recommend to finance noobs with debt aversion needs. This is a starting guide not a strategy guide. Well not a "do as I say because I am God and you will be freed from debt by unexplained magic and tequila."-tote guide. Good read though.
Heather Harris
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book and one I would definitely recommend to anyone trying to get their finances in order. Graduation gifts, wedding gifts, etc. it would be helpful to anyone.

I loved Rachel's TL;DR style in her book. It made for a quick and easy to understand read. The first few chapters are on understanding debt and creating "buckets" to put your money into. If you've ever followed Dave Ramsey's baby steps or other recommendations on reducing debt, it's very similar. But if you haven't, this
Jen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
This isn't a bad book and I enjoyed the simple way she explained things, but it was ultimately unhelpful for me. I've taken Dave Ramsey financial classes before and read a few other books that felt a lot more detailed. This was more of a surface level: "Save money. Contribute to retirement. Pay off debt. Invest." I think it could be a helpful quick read for someone who needs a financial primer, maybe a recent high school or college grad who has no clue how to handle finances. However, if you're ...more
Crystal
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great advice, so good I’ve read it twice!!!

This is a great introduction to personal finances and utilizes the bucket system of conquering multiple things at once. Though it seems the author tries a little too hard to be cool, the advice is fantastic! I just read it a second time since it had been a year since my first reading as it is great inspiration to continue on my financial journey. Using her advice, I’ve gone from a negative 6 figure net worth to a positive net worth and am well on my way
Cassandra Celeste
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
BEST BOOK EVER!

Seriously, just read this. You will be amazed at how quick a read it is, especially for a financial book, AND how educated you will be upon completion. I am thrilled at how Rachel explained super complex financial items in easy to understand ways and now I can even trade on the stock market. She is such an awesome author!
Brittney M
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel is full of insight and whit in this wonderful book! Sometimes it can be hard for me to get through books with this subject matter, but this one is not only an easy read but also fun! You’ll be glad you bought this book!!
Libby Pinkham
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much. It’s a super simple guide to personal finance and it’s written for non- finance people. This book changed a lot for me in terms of saving, paying off loans, etc. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about personal finance.
Jessica Lynn
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and easy to follow/understand! Simple steps for getting your finances back on track!
Natasha Ward
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

This book rocks!!! I’m about to become something financially great!! The breakdown was amazing makes things simple and easy to understand
Melanie W MK
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author teaches financial concepts in a fun, down to earth way. She makes the dull world of finance funny and obtainable.
ashley martin
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Enjoy the pleasure of learning how to save and gain! Amazing material !!! I would recommend this book for sure.

• The No-Spend Challenge Guide: How to Stop Spending Money Impulsively, Pay off Debt Fast, & Make Your Finances Fit Your Dreams
  • Why Didn't They Teach Me This in School?: 99 Personal Money Management Principles to Live by
  • How to Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any
  • The Budgeting Habit: How to Make a Budget and Stick to It! (Develop Good Habits Book 2)
  • The Minimalist Budget: A Practical Guide on How to Save Money, Spend Less and Live More with a Minimalist Lifestyle
  • The Simple Path to Wealth: Your road map to financial independence and a rich, free life
  • Not Nice: Stop People Pleasing, Staying Silent, & Feeling Guilty... And Start Speaking Up, Saying No, Asking Boldly, And Unapologetically Being Yourself
  • Bells, Spells, and Murders (Witch City Mystery #7)
  • A Pie to Die for (Bakery Detectives #1)
  • Tribe of Millionaires: What if one choice could change everything?
  • Proving Grounds (London Carter, #2)
  • Silent Trigger (London Carter, #3)
  • Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
  • JAMES 516 (London Carter, #1)
  • Mattimeo (Redwall, #3)
  • Elevation (London Carter, #5)
  • Bullet Drop (London Carter, #4)
  • Prism Stalker #1
At age 27, former financial advisor Rachel Richards quit her job and retired. She now lives off $10k+/mo in passive income.

Rachel Richards is the best-selling author of “Money Honey: A Simple 7-Step Guide for Getting Your Financial $hit Together.” She is an entrepreneur, professional speaker, and investor.

In her next book, "Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement," coming November 2019, Rachel dives