Start by marking “The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)

The Betrothed

(The Betrothed #1)

When King Jameson declares his love for Lady Hollis Brite, Hollis is shocked—and thrilled. After all, she’s grown up at Keresken Castle, vying for the king’s attention alongside other daughters of the nobility. Capturing his heart is a dream come true.

But Hollis soon realizes that falling in love with a king and being crowned queen may not be the happily ever after she
Expected publication: May 5th 2020 by HarperCollins Children's Books

Win a Copy of This Book

• The Betrothed by Kiera Cass
    The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
    Release date: May 05, 2020
    A would-be queen. A handsome young king. A perfect match…or is it?

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Selection series comes The

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 5 copies available, 6672 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Jan 28 - Feb 25, 2020

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Betrothed, please sign up.
    Vee_Bookish Likely someone who isn't a fan of The Selection has decided to go ahead and do this, because people are *insert creative swear word here*
    Madi ~☆TheBookNerdDiaries☆~ I highly doubt it, Kiera nor her publisher has said anything about this book.

Start your review of The Betrothed (The Betrothed, #1)
    ✨ A ✨
    1.5
    I don't even know if I should write a full review, it will probably turn into a rant session

« ARC received from Harper Teen via Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review »
    ____
    7 October 2019

That's right! WE ARE GETTING SOME NEW KIERA CASS IN MAY 2020!! Read more about it here + the first chapter.

A steamy YA romance duology [don't say I didn't warn the younguns] and a love triangle. [ edit after I read: they lied to us. No steam at all.]
    Nenia ⚡ Aspiring Evil Overlord ⚡ Campbell
    Oct 20, 2019 marked it as will-read-if-cheap-or-freebie
    They spelled THE SELECTION wrong
    Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
    10/15/19:
    A COVER AND TITLE AND SYNOPSIS

I'm so excited. I mean, I'm disappointed that the cover doesn't match her other ones, but it's still gorgeous and I am SO pumped to get my hands on this! And it's a series!!!!

Count. Me. In.

6/15/19:
    Soooo..... is this ever happening? This is just strange. Did she say offhandedly at some point that she might write another book and this Goodreads page happened but she has no plans? What is Kiera Cass even doing right now? Her last two updates on her website are
    ♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡ (semi-hiatus)
    OH MY FREAKING GODDDDDD. NEW BOOK FROM KIERA CASS? SIGN ME IN!

P.S. Good job! Your book covers never disappoint me.
    Candace Robinson
    So the Selection books (first three) are part of my all-time favorite books! I was pretty ecstatic, to say the least, when I saw that Mrs. Cass would be having a new book out! And another lovely cover with a beautiful dress!

In the Betrothal, I feel as though the author’s writing has gotten even better with lush descriptions! The setting was a fun one too!

Now the bad news for me was that I couldn’t connect with these characters. I knew this story wouldn’t be the Selection, and I didn’t want
    Elena
    Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: 2020-releases
    i said i wouldn't read another kiera cass book after the siren but...

here we are
    Sylvie
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: royalty
    A new Kiera Cass book has finally been announced!!!!!

description
    Farith
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
    The king has chosen her.
    Her heart belongs to another.

Uhm, isn't this The Selection with another cast?

I think Kiera Cass should go out of her comfort zone a little bit and stop writing about princesses and love triangles because it's basically the same story, just different characters.

Anyway, I'm going to read it because I owe this to my 15 years-old self and let's see how it goes. I don't have many plot expectations but it will most likely be a fun read.
    ~ Brynn  Dangl ~
    Aug 16, 2018 marked it as to-read
    Is this book even happening?
    No Cover
    No Description
    No News
    Have we been tricked?!?
    laura (bookies & cookies)
    WE'RE GETTING A NEW KIERA CASS NOVEL

This is also the year of me realizing I don't know how to spell "betrothed," huh?
    ♠ TABI ♠
    Oct 15, 2019 marked it as to-read
    The tiny part of me that adores romantic tropes is 100% here for this

The rest of me is here for that cover
    Nadhira Satria
    Dec 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    14 YEAR OLD ME IS SCREAMING RIGHT NOW
    Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
    Oct 11, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased
    This sounds like The Selection but if America was born wealthier, but I will be definitely reading it because I’m:
    t r a s h.

Thank you HarperCollins and HarperTeen for the ARC.

Blog | Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin’
    Safia  (safiabooknerd)
    Jan 19, 2020 marked it as to-read
    Me: *looks at cover* Oh, it’s another Selection book. I probably won’t read it.

Also Me: *reads blurb* Ah, here we go again…
    kenzie #⃝
    y’all kiera cass’ books got me into reading how did i not know this was HAPPENING
    Celia McMahon
    Jan 09, 2020 rated it liked it
    **Thanks to Edelweiss and the publisher for the e-arc to review!**

Hollis Brite has just become the object of the young king's affection, but her eyes have turned toward a foreign boy who reminds her that she is more than just an ornament to the court.

That is the gist of it.

First up is Hollis. She is incredibly boring, but she knows it, which is nice. She has dedicated her life to winning over the king but changes her mind as quick as this book read.

Jameson, the king, is also as dull as a
    Joshee Kun (조수아)
    We all know that even haters of The Selection Series will read this book. The Bachelorette lives on! :D
    Anna Bright
    Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Shelves: fantasy, romance
    wow hi THAT ENDING KIERA HOW COULD YOU I CANNOT WAIT A YEAR+ FOR THIS
    Claire ✨
    Oct 07, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: hyyype
    me before today: nah i’m over being suckered by royal romances and pretty dresses on the cover

me today: WHERE CAN I PRE-ORDER
    Brooke
    Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
    Shelves: arcs
    This eARC was provided by the publisher via Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review.

From the moment I first heard about The Betrothed, I could not wait to dive into the pages of Kiera Cass’ latest addition to the YA genre. As I absolutely adored her previous series, The Selection, I was expecting to fall in love with her next romantic tale. Sadly, I was not able to find a connection to The Betrothed and personally felt this book missed the mark.

Told solely from her perspective, The Betrothed
    Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
    I COULD NOT RESIST. DON'T JUDGE ME.
    Leah Waters
    Nov 05, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Oh my God, we're getting another book by the author of the Selection!
    rachel ☾

Review copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

BlogGoodreadsTwitterInstagramThe Book Depository
    Lauryn
    Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    The last 2/3’s of this book absolutely destroyed me. I will write a more finalized review once I let the story marinate with me for a while. But what I will say for now is that The Betrothed is nothing at all like The Selection. If you are a huge fan of the series like I am, please don’t go into this book with The Selection in your mind. This book has a completely different feel from The Selection and deserves to be given a chance all by itself and not compared to Kiera’s earlier works.
    Lissa Hawley
    Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing

A little slow to start, but once I really got into it I couldn't put it down, and here it is 2 AM and I need the sequel to a book that doesn't even release for another 4 months. #ARCProblems

I'm a bit all over the place with this, because the characters made me love and hate and rail at them for their choices, and so many big decisions/events happened towards the end, and I just need answers.

Recommended.
    Celaena Sardothien
    Oct 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
    When will we realize every time she has a book that says in the works, it’s just to make herself relevant again. This has happened several times now where a book pops up with a release date but then we never get a title, synopsis, book cover, talk from the author herself and then when the release date passes it gets pushed back another year and this goes on endlessly. This book was announced in 2016 bit we never got anything and so it was pushed back to 2017 but we never got anything and then it ...more
    Rianna
    May 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
    Wait, when was this announced!? I'm freaking out!
    Lindsay
    Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
    Shelves: arcs, dissapointed
    I'm not quite sure where to begin because this book was a mess. It's not that I hated it but that it was ridiculous.

Imagery - I hate too much detail and not enough dialogue, but this book did the opposite. The rooms in the castle were sometimes minimally described and 95% of the characters had zero description. Delia Grace? Not sure what she looks like. Nora? No clue. Hollis's parents? Can't tell you. The only characters that were described were Hollis, Jameson, Silas, and Silas's family.
    Caryn - iam.caryn
    All the while I was reading this I was thinking, this is so refreshing. A nice quick and easy read about a girl and her life. No intense action or crazy confusing back stories. Just nice and light.

And then in typical Kiera Cass fashion, she just decided to ruin my life with feels. This one will take a while to recover from.

The interesting thing about this book, is once you reach the end, it almost feels like this whole thing is a prologue. The next book is going to be crazy I can tell.
    Justin Turczak
    Jan 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
    I have to run to work, but this book it has elements the selection had but still it’s own story and a certain character seemed just like someone in the selection but still different I know not same world. The book good. In spots it showed why I like kiera with building a strong character and shocking in others like the drama. For the couple it’s ok like didn’t build to much chemistry but it’s likeable but ughh the book is cliff hanger galore like it’s bad. I thankfully don’t get hangovers but be ...more
    « previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Shadows Between Us
    • Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
    • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
    • Hearts, Strings, and Other Breakable Things
    • The Honey-Don't List
    • Where Dreams Descend (Kingdom of Cards, #1)
    • You Say It First
    • Tweet Cute
    • Burn Our Bodies Down
    • The Gravity of Us
    • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
    • Bone ​Crier’s Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
    • Every Other Weekend
    • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
    • What I Like About You
    • Rules for Being a Girl
    • Jane Anonymous
    • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
    100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound