Start by marking “Venerable (Among Monsters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Venerable (Among Monsters, #1)

Venerable

(Among Monsters #1)

Innocent. Confused. Curious.
She was a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He saved her.
He took her from the hands of an animal just to throw her to the Monsters.
For the first time in his whole life, he wished he wasn't the worst of them all
Will the darkness extinguish Sebastian's only light?
Kindle Edition, 2nd Edition, 182 pages
Published November 29th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Venerable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Venerable

Start your review of Venerable (Among Monsters, #1)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
That ending though?! I was not expecting that… AT. ALL!! In the end I’m left hurt, confused, and hoping that somehow this author can pull a happy ending out of her azz in the book(s) to come.

Sebastian was easy enough to figure out. He was a ‘monster’. A man who wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. A man who put down monsters such as himself. He was a killer. He was a hunter. And crazily enough, he ended up being a lover.

Kassandra was a little harder to understand. She was a bag of confusion, hiding things and holding secrets, making her a difficult character to get behind. But I think that was the point. Her secrets were the crux of this story. Her affiliation with Allan wasn’t a huge surprise, but his connection to Sebastian was. I’m literally discombobulated right now. I don’t know which side is up or down or left or right.

What I DO know is that I NEED book two, Vengeance, in my hands ASAP!! Until then, I don’t know what to do with myself. Laura B. Martinez is a new-to-me author and she’s definitely found a fan. She gave me an anti-hero to fall in love with, enough mystery and suspense to curb my wandering mind, and an ending that has me clamoring for more. If you like your romance dark, then you’re going to love this!

Release Date: November 29, 2016
Genre: Dark Romance
POV: Dual - 1st person
Heat: 4 out of 5
Type: Book 1 of the Among Monsters series

Nicole Strycharz
I finished this book... in seven hours.

From ten at night to five in the morning I sat in a sleepless state of need and read this book.

I tried sleeping, BELIEVE me, but then I thought about it. Thinking about it led to questions, questions led to obsessive thinking which led to more questions and before I knew it I was 97% in and there was no stopping.

This is a dark, twisted, sexy, rough, hot, intense, unpredictable, plot twisting, over the top, non-stop eeriness, non-stop action, book that yo
Coco.V
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/2/2019)! 🎁
Martha Sweeney
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting read. Though I don't usually read dark stories, I do have a tendency to watch dark movies on occasion. Plus, with being an author who's working on a few darker stories, it only makes sense to start reading a few.

For a debut novel, Laura had grabbed my attention as to what the story was about and what will happen from the blurb and page one. It flowed well and I enjoyed both POVs. It's definitely a very interesting storyline and I'm curious to see what happens
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
I wasn't expecting that ending Laura B. Martínez. I can't believe it yet. I mean, THE FUCK?. I need to know when I'm getting the next book. And please, gimme a HEA!

Full review to come :)
Lisa Marie Barrera
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMFG!!! WHAT DID I JUST FINISHED READING!?! Laura Martinez just Blew My Mind Out of the Water!?! I DID NOT SEE any of this HAPPENING!!! From the Very First moment to started reading this Debut Novel of Laura's, I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!! Sebastian intrigues you like Not other character that I have ever read before! He takes you on a journey to his Darkside and froze you there to the point of What Just Happened!! As you are reading Venerable, the story has so many ups and downs like a Rollercoaste ...more
Beauté De Livres  (Vivian Freeman)
Venerable is Laura B. Martínez’s debut novel. The first in the Among Monsters Series, this book is everything you want it to be and more. With a prologue that is sure to have your mind and heart racing; the tone of this novel is set from the get go. Filled with intricate details and complex characters, readers will be fuelled by their desperation for answers. Captivated from beginning to end. Told in dual points of view, Martínez writes of a connection that is deeper than lust and very much motivated by ...more
Stacey Broadbent
I had the privilege of reading this in advance, and all I can say is, Wow! I find it so hard to believe that this is the first novel this author has written!

The characters, the story, the twists and turns... this book is brilliant. I was hooked from the very first line until the last. This author keeps you guessing the whole time. It was dark and twisted, and yet you still felt drawn to the characters, wanting them to find their happiness. There was just the right amount of suspense,
Stacey
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Laura's debut novel!! Say whaaaat?! Yep, that's what I said... DEBUT NOVEL!! I am floored by that fact and find it hard to believe! This book is so well written that you will find it hard to believe yourself. I can't wait to watch her grow as an author and I definitely can not wait to see what dark and twisted path she takes on!

I was hooked from the very beginning, and loved every dark second of the twists and turns that Laura takes us through. I love how Laura feeds us little crumbs of
Rhiannon King
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably one of the BEST debut's I have read in a while, you would never have believed that this is the authors debut book. My emotions were put through the ringer, everything about this book was perfection. The Blurb had me intrigued but it was the prologue that hooked me from beginning to end.
Sebastian see's himself as a monster hiding behind a mask however Kass believes he's her hero and not the monster she's heard about. It's a dark and twisted read that I would recommend everyone r
Maïwenn  B
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jan-2017
What a mindblowing book.
For a debut it is freaking impressive.
This is a book that will keep you wondering what the fuck is going on till the very last word!!!
It is truly a very intriguing story, full of twists and happenings!

I cannot wait to read the next book Mrs Martinez has in the works!
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
I’m giving it 4 Sebastien ⭐⭐⭐⭐ and I’m actually surprised this book is pretty good. I kind of felt the ending wasn’t what I expected and really I felt disappointed and maybe just maybe Book 2 could really shed some light for more of Kass and Sebastien. ...more
Lu
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is Laura Martinez debut novel and it's really good. I finished it in one sitting. It had me glued to my sofa, turning page after page until the end. It has romance, action, suspense, twists, and an alluring antihero. It's sexy, shocking and fucked up; just how I like it.

Venerable is like a big twisted puzzle; trying to find where the pieces connect, and each piece is revealed at a time. Just when I thought I had things figured out, a curveball was thrown at me. Sebastian intrigued me. Ther
Nikki
May 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This book was great!
Absolutely full of twists and turns throughout that kept you guessing and never revealing the truth until the end!!!
Sebastian is a monster or thats what he calls himself and believes but some things arent always as they seem!
Kassandra also has her own secrets that shes scared to reveal.. this story is full of explosive twists that want you to keep turning those pages!
Can't wait to read book 2 when it comes out to see what happens next!
Well done Laura for writin
Brittany
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laura Martinez's debut is not one you want to miss. Sebastian's story pulls you in from the very beginning. Here is a man who believes he's a moster but some how, the author is able to show readers that deep down, he is so much better. Martínez writes a book that has twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the end. This debut author is one to keep an eye out for. I'm already looking forward to the whatever is next from this new author!
Apr 29, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes to fight against monsters you need to turn into one.

Venerable is a dark romance with a touch of thrilling suspense.

Available exclusively on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited: books2read.com/u/bap116

Tiffany
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional rollercoaster this story took me on!! There were twists and turns that kept me on the edge of my seat. Sebastian and Kassandra so great together!! I cannot wait to read book two! This is one I would definitely recommend!!
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This is my honest review.*
Dee Winston
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! This book wheeled me in with the prologue. Then it kept giving you enough to keep going. This was my kind of book.Murder,deceit,love and sex. Kass and Sebastian Wow!! Sometimes all the darkness needs is a little light. I can't wait til the next book. I just hate that this book is so short
Mona williams
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book was amazing! talk about dark. its about a woman who happenings to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. a guy saves her and wants to protect her. will his dark past come to light and bring out the monster? read to find out what happens in this awesome book!
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story and did not know until I finished the book that this was the author's debut book. This is a romance book and with the romance it is hot! But this is also a dark book with monsters. men with darkness.

Kassandra is the light and Sebastian is so darkness and Sebastian keeps trying to keep the darkness from Kass. Kass also has a secret, which is not revealed until the end and it is a big one.

I loved the relationship between Sebastian and Kass. I will also ad
Keri Loves Books
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a tangled web we weave!
This is a dark story that kept me on my toes and guessing from start to finish. The story is full of twists, turns and heartbreak. I will be eagerly waiting for the next one! And I want Mason's story too.
Sebastan is full of deep, dark secrets. He's not a normal man, but considers himself a monster.
Kassandra has too many secrets to count. You just know she's hiding things, but I definitely did not see this end coming.
The two come together in
SouthernAngel
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A dark, twisted read, filled with emotion, action, twists, turns and depravity. It will hook you in the prologue and not let up till the end.
I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Pat
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline that is full of action and twists and turns that will totally keep you hooked from the very first page and the well defined characters will keep you totally engaged until the turn of the very last page!

I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Lorrie
Unfortunately I didn't really care for this too much. It felt choppy and sparse, and I was unable to connect with any of the characters. I thought the storyline was interesting and had potential, but ultimately fell flat.
Carole Buick
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Laura really nailed this book and being her first novel Congratulations are in order. The characters came alive for me and I love that in a book, you get lost in it and can't put it down. So fellow readers 1 click this book you won't be disappointed. 5 star all the way.
Often Sarcastic
What an amazing debut book by Laura Martinez! Laura's descriptive writing and complex characters grabbed a hold of me in the prologue and kept me turning the pages until the very end. I love dark books and this one definitely delivers. Venerable is dark, twisted and suspenseful It is written in the pov's of the main characters Sebastian and Kassandra (Kass). Sebastian is a broken bad boy with a very dark side and he believes he is a monster. I tried to hate him, I really did but I just couldn't. ...more
Frances
Great First Book!

This is the debut book for Laura and it's right up there with some of the best ones.
Venerable is the story of Sebastian, a self proclaimed monster with a dark side. When his dark side come into play it leads him to kassandra a girl in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Venerable is a great book and I'm waiting on book two patiently.
Priscilla (angstbooklover)
Whatt!!!!

What the actual living f*ck did I just read?I've had this book for a lil while now and I randomly opened it only to come gasping for friggin air.Love everything about this book,the chemistry and the darkness in both Main Characters,but seriously wanted to strangle this author for leaving me hanging.Love this book,Pick it up and read it!!!!
Karen Wright
Jan 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's good

The book is good. It has suspense and drama. This is my first book I've purchased from this author but I can't wait to read what happens next.
WendyW ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Books

With the level of ability that this book displays, this author’s potential to execute a best seller will be in the very near future. For a debut novel, this was executed extremely well. The storyline and plot are adept and flow steadily. I did find that the characters evolved a little slower than I would have liked, making the connection to the characters a little challenging. But, overall this book is impressive for the author’s premier.

Now about the story. The beginning is mysterio

• Primal Need (Primal Howlers MC Book 2)
  • With the Band
  • Tug (Cerberus MC #10)
  • Daddy's Dirty Boss
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Wet for the Alpha (The Ridge Brothers Bear Shifters, #3)
  • Go It Alone (Go, #2)
  • Go All Out (A Go Novel Book 3)
  • Instant Attraction
  • We All Fall Down
  • Forged (Trial by Fire, #1)
  • FANGIRL
  • Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
  • Money Man (King Maker, #1)
  • Bleed For Her (Steele Raiders MC)
  • Rock Star
  • Sweet Temptation: A Trick-Or-Treat Collaboration
  • No Good Doctor
Laura Martinez is a bibliophile who lives in the city that captured the sun. From dark and twisted to sweet and funny, she enjoys to write and read whatever her heart desires.

When she’s not stalking her favorite authors, you can find her enjoying the pleasures that can only be obtained from her other favorite forms of art: movies, music, and coffee.

Amazon: https://goo.gl/Ty6Czi
BookBub: https://goo.gl/eWk3K5
Facebook: https://goo.gl/KjjDSk
Twitter: https://goo.gl/LsEk77
Instagram: https://goo.gl/wepzzo

Among Monsters (2 books)
  • Vengeance (Among Monsters #2)