Start by marking “Pelican Point (Hope Harbor, #4)” as Want to Read:
Pelican Point (Hope Harbor, #4)

Pelican Point

(Hope Harbor #4)

A crumbling lighthouse is not part of the inheritance Army doctor Ben Garrison expects to claim when he journeys to Hope Harbor. Fresh out of the service, he wants only to unload the tower of bricks, decompress from years of treating battlefield trauma, and prepare to launch his civilian career.

Hope Harbor Herald editor Marci Weber has other ideas. She may not be a Hope
Published April 3rd 2018 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Pelican Point, please sign up.
Trixi None whatsoever :-) I just finished this and I love Irene's contemporary fiction! I hope you discover this to be as delightful as I have and get a…moreNone whatsoever :-) I just finished this and I love Irene's contemporary fiction! I hope you discover this to be as delightful as I have and get a chance to read this along with the other Hope Harbor series books. (less)

Start your review of Pelican Point (Hope Harbor, #4)
Hannah
I really enjoyed most of the book, though I had mixed feeling about some of it. I'm not into heavy romance, so the constant kissing scenes got to be a few too many for me. I don't think it's wise to kiss without commitment and definitely not to have a secret rendezvous at the lady's house in the middle of the night and mention how easy it would be to "go too far." To me, that amount of romancey stuff ends up clogging up the action of a story!

I really liked the Greg/Rachel story
Felicity W
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Melissa
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The fourth novel in Hannon's Hope Harbor series is as enchanting as the others. There are two storylines taking place — one with a married couple experiencing problems and one with a newly introduced couple with a fledgling romance. Both plotlines will interest readers, and conflict and drama add realism and depth to the tale. The setting is stellar, and the characters feel like family. Hannon has a gift for writing heartwarming romantic tales.

Dr. Ben Garrison arrives in Hope Harbor to settle
Karen R
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A well-written contemporary romance set on the lovely Oregon coast!
An abandoned lighthouse in need of repair is the catalyst that brings hope, healing and love to two couples. The third book in the Hope Harbor series, this story was easily read as a stand alone.

"God's help desk is always open."

An enjoyable read from the bumpy start to the satisfying conclusion, the main characters navigate some rough waters in between. Prayer, humility, and lessons in communication help the pairs work out the
Madison
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Pelican Point was one of my most highly anticipated reads of 2018 - and it did not disappoint. I have loved every single book in the Hope Harbor series. Each has been filled with stories of faith, love and a wonderful journey of discovery or change in life direction, and Pelican Point is no exception.

Dr Ben Garrison has returned to Hope Harbor in the wake of his beloved grandfather’s death. After just finishing a tour overseas as an army surgeon, his plan is to quickly finalise his
Rebecca
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it

"He owned a lighthouse. One that apparently no one wanted. Including him."

Army doctor Ben Garrison travels to Hope Harbor, Oregon for one reason, and for one reason only; to arrange a memorial for his recently deceased grandfather, whose estate includes the nostalgic, but crumbling Pelican Point lighthouse. It appears that his plans to return to civilian life as an orthopedic surgeon back in Ohio should be put on hold, as the town rallies to save their beloved landmark from an ambitious
Kelly
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pelican Pointis the fourth Hope Harbor novel by contemporary romance author, Irene Hannon. (From what I can tell, some minor characters are familiar faces from previous books in this series, but this fourth installment is a standalone book insofar as it has new main characters.) Pelican Pointis a sweet story about an Army veteran who has returned to the town where he spent his childhood summers, planning to settle his late grandfather's estate before starting a new life in another state, but who ...more
Emily
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Ben Garrison inherits a lighthouse from his grandfather, his life is turned upside down. Until he can sell the building, he is stuck in Hope Harbor. When he meets Marci Weber, the local newspaper reporter, he is at once irritated and intrigued by her, especially when she makes it her goal to prevent him from selling the lighthouse at all costs.

Pelican Point is the fourth book in the Hope Harbor Series by Irene Hannon. It can be read as a standalone, although there are a few ongoing
Trixi
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing

“Skip had loved that lighthouse—and all it symbolized. Light in the darkness. Guidance through turbulent waters. Salvation for the floundering. Hope for lost souls.” ~page 11

Honestly, if I could give this a hundred star review I would! There isn’t anything that Irene Hannon writes that I don’t love; both her contemporary and suspense fiction. I know when I pick up a book written by this author, it is going to be a stellar read. One I will quickly devour!

First off, I make my home on the Oregon
Molly Jaber (Cover To Cover Cafe)
Ms. Hannon has done it again! She has brought her long time fans (and I’m sure, some new fans!) another hit. Pelican Point brings us back to Hope Harbor, once again, and keeps us hanging on every page turn. I stayed up long into the night trying to finish this one and when I closed the last page…..well, let’s just say I didn’t want it to end.

I loved the way Ms. Hannon created Ben and Marci. They were real-to-life and really jumped off the pages. Watching them come together, determining what
Maureen Timerman
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
I loved being back in Hope Harbor and with Charlie and his Taco stand, and boy would I love to have some. This town is magic, and what starts out as an albatross ends up pulling lives together in this seaside town.
This is such a refreshing and heartwarming book, and you can see God’s hand in their lives, and as you read you are quickly drawn in to care for these people.
There is a scary element in the form a mentally ill woman, and we have to wonder how she is going to affect those that we now
Denise Hershberger
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Ben and Marci's story and it was nice to return to a familiar setting with old friends. I especially love Charly and his taco truck. And I love the relationship between the priest and the pastor in town. They crack me up!

I hope that in future books in this little town we'll see more of this lighthouse all restores. I love lighthouses and I was hoping to see a little bit more of it. But I really love the way the town banded together and worked together for the best of the
Ruthie Jones
This entire series is wonderful and makes me want to go Hope Harbor and visit Charlie's fish taco truck. Seriously, as wonderful as the plots and characters are throughout all the books, Charlie is the glue that holds everything together.

I love lighthouses, so Pelican Point is enchanting. But a crumbling lighthouse can also represent other things that need bolstering and shoring up, such as relationships. Take a peek at Pelican Point and see for yourself how Irene Hannon has an entire town
Amy
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pelican Point is book four from Irene Hannon’s Hope Harbor series. I enjoyed this story. It was fun to see how Ben and Marci interacted with one another. I loved how the town lighthouse brought them together. The story was a little predictable but still worth a read. I definitely cannot complain about Being taken away to this beautiful setting.

I recommend Pelican Point and give it four stars. A great addition to the series.

I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own
Becky Lewis
What a neat book. Two couples, two romances. One romance that needs to start for the first time, and one that needs rekindling. A red-haired, frightened hot-head and a calm, military doctor who clash over a local landmark, that Ben actually refers to as “Skip’s Folly.” I liked getting to see inside the lives of Ben and Marci and Greg and Rachel. How they handle conflict ultimately will decide if their relationships will make it or be broken forever.

The townspeople are great in their care for
Catherine
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fantastic story from Hope Harbor! I so love the characters in this town and would love to live near all of them!!!
K P
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pelican Point is the latest entry of Irene Hannon's Hope Harbor series. Dr. Ben Harrison has just returned from the Middle East to attend his grandfather's funeral in Hope Harbor. After the horrors that Ben saw in the war, he just wants to wrap up his grandfather's estate and move on to start his new job and build a new life. The only problem is that he was not planning on running into the vivacious Marci Weber, who may turn his life upside down!

Not only is Ben attracted to Marci, the Hope
Lisa Johnson
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Pelican Point (A Hope Harbor Novel)
Author: Irene Hannon
Pages: 358
Year: 2018
Publisher: Revell
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
The other titles in series are Hope Harbor: A Novel, followed by Sea Rose Lane, and Sandpiper Cove. The moment I started reading Hope Harbor, my heart was immediately engaged with the unique characters. Each one brings with them a well-crafted background and a heart that longs for love, freedom and faith.
The players we meet at the beginning of the series continue
Becky
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
Pelican Point is another lovely return to the small Oregon coastal town of Hope Harbor. Each book in the series stands alone (I somehow missed book three, so I can attest to the fact that you don't have to read all the other books before this one), but several characters weave throughout all the stories.

This book is about two Hope Harbor newcomers—newspaper editor Marci and surgeon Ben. Though they are on opposing sides when they meet—he's come to town to sell the lighthouse his grandfather left
Amy
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Hope Harbor is a small Oregon seaside town. Where people look out for each other and support any venture that comes up. Charley the empathetic taco maker, always seems to know everything and has the right things to say. Carrying on in its theme of bringing people together, who have hearts in need of mending - this latest book in the series, is more of what we have come to enjoy in this gem of a town.

Both Marci & Ben have a history with stalkers, and as they become closer, despite the
Suzie Waltner
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Welcome back to Hope Harbor, Oregon where the people come together to support their community almost as fast as the gossip mill works.

Ben Garrison has returned to find he has inherited a dilapidated lighthouse from his grandfather. Memories of his time in Hope Harbor are some of his favorites, but he has a job waiting for him in Ohio. His goals for his time in Hope Harbor: clean out his grandfather’s home and unload the lighthouse.

Newspaper owner/editor/reporter Marci Weber loves the Pelican
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pelican Point is the fourth book in the Hope Harbor series by Irene Hannon and it did not disappoint. I love every single book in this series and highly recommend them. They can be read as stand alone's, but are better when read together in a series. Each of these stories are filled with romance, faith, and change. Pelican Point had these elements and more, which made it a fantastic novel.
In Pelican Point you will love the characters between Ben & Marci. Marci has a love for lighthouses and
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing

My thoughts: PELICAN POINT is the fourth book in Ms. Hannon's Hope Harbor series, but it easily stands alone. This book features two relatively newcomers to Hope Harbor, one Army surgeon who came to settle his grandfather's estate and a newspaper editor who tends to get a little emotional.

In Ms. Hannon's stellar storytelling, I was instantly drawn into the story, in love with both Marcy and Ben, not to mention the secondary characters I've grown to love in the previous stories: the two
Lori
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed another story by Irene.
She's a fabulous writer!
I say this because the way she writes made me feel like I was in the book with the characters!
I too am wheezy when it comes to the site of my own blood. ( I can't even watch a gory movie without getting sick!)
I especially liked the cover of the book! Made me feel like I was there!!
I felt sorry for the lighthouse! If the lighthouse had feelings I wonder what stories it could tell!!!
I would love to live in a lighthouse and see all the
Melissa
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pelican Point is another perfect trip to Hope Harbor, Oregon. This is the 4th installment and each one has been a wonderful mix of an adorable town setting, great characters, interesting plots and fish tacos made by one of the characters that I wish were real and gettable. They make my mouth water every time they are mentioned, in fact the tacos are pretty much a character of their own! Yum! This series is fantastic and I can not recommend it enough!! This series is definitely a part of my ...more
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I prefer Hannon’s romantic suspense, but she does a fabulous job with her inspy romance novels. And I love little Hope Harbor, OR. Charley’s tacos and wisdom, the bantering clergymen, and all the other local characters who make you feel like a local, too. I don’t even really like seafood, and I wish I could stop by Charley’s taco truck on the wharf!

Feisty Marci and stubborn Ben are simultaneously sweet and steamy, and I can’t wait for their cameos in future Hope Harbor stories! Another lovely
Susan Snodgrass
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have long been a fan of Irene Hannon. She writes wonderful Christian romance and also quite good Christian suspense. She is adept at switching genres and still holding her readers' attention. Once again, she takes us back to the fictional small town of Hope Harbor, one town I'm sure many readers would love to visit if it were real. We meet old friends again, and as always, a favorite of mine is Charley, the taco guy, who, I'm convinced, is an angel on earth. Loved this book and look forward to ...more
Megan
Apr 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
In the midst of life’s storms, unexpected love is a beacon of hope.

Synopsis:
A crumbling lighthouse is not part of an inheritance Army doctor Ben Garrison expects to claim when he journeys to Hope Harbor. Fresh out of the service, he wants only to unload the tower of bricks, decompress from the years of treating battlefield trauma, and prepare to launch his civilian career.
Hope Harbor Herald editor Marci Weber has other ideas. She may not be a Hope Harbor native, but the small Oregon seaside town
Mary Jackson _TheMaryReader
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This has been a really good series. I liked Pelican Point so much because I love lighthouses and this has a lighthouse at the center of the story.

The Characters are so loveable, they are just like family. The romance is fabulous I will say I was left wanting more, I hated to see the story end.

This is a 4.5 star book. I HIGHLY recommend this book as well as the whole series.

The Mary Reader received this book from the publisher for review. A favorable review was not required and all views
Pam Graber
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
He inherited a WHAT? When Dr. Ben Garrison returns to Hope Harbor following the death of his grandfather, he expects to be overwhelmed by memories of his much-loved Skip. Instead, one of the first things he learns is that part of his inheritance includes the Pelican Point lighthouse, a crumbling, decrepit landmark that, by all appearances, should have fallen into the ocean long ago. His hopes for settling the estate quickly and efficiently go completely out the window, when the local newspaper ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Called to Protect (Blue Justice, #2)
  • The House at Saltwater Point (Lavender Tides #2)
  • Dead Drift (Chesapeake Valor, #4)
  • Justice Betrayed (Memphis Cold Case #3)
  • Code of Valor (Blue Justice, #3)
  • Secrets at Cedar Cabin (Lavender Tides, #3)
  • Storm Front (Montana Rescue, #5)
  • Honeysuckle Dreams (Blue Ridge, #2)
  • Oath of Honor (Blue Justice, #1)
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • Blind Betrayal (Defenders of Justice #3)
  • Vow of Justice (Blue Justice, #4)
  • Who I Am with You (Legacy of Faith #1)
  • The Cost of Betrayal
  • On Magnolia Lane (Blue Ridge, #3)
  • High Treason (FBI Task Force, #3)
  • Wait for Me (Montana Rescue, #6)
  • Cross My Heart (A Legacy of Faith #2)
Irene Hannon, who writes both contemporary romance and romantic suspense, is the author of more than 50 novels. Her books have been honored with three coveted RITA awards from Romance Writers of America (the “Oscar” of romance fiction) and she is a member of that organization's elite Hall of Fame. She has also received a Career Achievement award from RT Book Reviews for her entire body of work. ...more

Hope Harbor (6 books)
  • Hope Harbor (Hope Harbor, #1)
  • Sea Rose Lane (Hope Harbor, #2)
  • Sandpiper Cove (Hope Harbor, #3)
  • Driftwood Bay (Hope Harbor, #5)
  • Starfish Pier (Hope Harbor)
“Skip had loved that lighthouse—and all it symbolized. Light in the darkness. Guidance through turbulent waters. Salvation for the floundering. Hope for lost souls~pg. 11” 1 likes
“Go with the flow--because you can't fight a tide God sets in motion~ pg. 41” 1 likes