Start by marking “Advent (Sunfall, #2)” as Want to Read:
Advent (Sunfall, #2)

Advent

(Sunfall #2)

Ripley and her friends have escaped the University’s lockdown and started their journey home on foot. They’ve found an opportunity to get supplies they sorely need, but the risk is high. Marco insists that the world is already far more dangerous than it seems, while Ripley’s not yet convinced.

She’s about to get a very bloody wake-up call.

Back home, Dotty worries over h
Published April 14th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Advent, please sign up.
Tammy Impact is the third book. In the author website is describe as "soon to come"…moreImpact is the third book. In the author website is describe as "soon to come"(less)

Start your review of Advent (Sunfall, #2)
Bullman
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal

Advent gets 5 stars because my rating system usual revolves around how many discrepancies I notice and how bad they bother me. Drew is an exceptional written and her "prep" work (lol pun intended) and research are second to none. Every one of the characters are 100% believable and the story line keeps you interested and doesn't move too fast or too slow. I am a disabled firefighter and I read A LOT of books and this series is at the top of my post apocalyptic genre.
Ryan H
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a good continuation of the series. This picks up right where the first book left off and follows two separate points of view again. Still without power our group is encountering more dangerous and serious events along their journey. We also learned that things at home might not be what they seem. The author does a good job of keeping the events fresh while keeping the listeners interest. You cannot help but route for our characters while there are new ones introduced throughout this boo ...more
Sara
Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story! Really realistic. Would have liked a little more character development, but I enjoyed it very much. Straightforward writing.
Mortimer Snerd
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well done!

Good story line, good characters. The story was a little jerky in the transitions of storyline. It's nice to read one of these stories where grammar, tense and syntax wasn't flawed. A piece of cautionary advice to the author; work on avoiding redundant words or character traits: it felt like the word silcock was a favorite, newly discovered word. It is unlikely that more than one person would use it (unless it's discovery was attributed to a character where it might engender some fun b
Barakiel
Mar 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Pros:
Same as for Book 1 plus...
1. The mysterious Marco plays a bigger role.
2. The dog gets utilized, which you don't see often in this genre.
3. The main character, Ripley, undergoes psychological change.
4. Characters get really hurt and it has a long lasting effect. (They're not up the next day after a concussion.)
5. Believable.
6. The old lady's story got a bit more interesting toward the end, when she meets an interesting character. I look forward to reading more about this relationship.
7. The
Brian's Book Blog
“Normal Had Left The Building”

4.5 out of 5 stars

The CME had already destroyed most of the infrastructure that people were used to using. Especially the power. And it wasn’t coming back anytime soon. People are being lied to and don’t even know it. Things are about to get a whole lot worse. Normal had left the building.

I had to go back and re-read my review of the first book in this series. I know that I liked the dual narration and it was my first book by Becket Royce. But, I couldn’t remember i
Lisa Rodgers
Jun 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely worth reading

I like this Sunfall series, a lot.

Excellent depictions of the violence, chaos and confusion in a SHTF and WROL scenario, without too much gory detail. Definitely suitable for high school students and older...but pay attention to how the young ladies react; they may need to talk over some of the scenes.

Loved the.way the author illustrated that careless decisions during SHTF/WROL do have consequences. Even when certain characters cheat death, unpleasant prices are paid.

Th
Anjades
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are not a lot of series where the second book is even better than the (already great) first one, but this is one of them! It is not perfect, but I do believe the realistic, well researched and honest take on TEOTWAWKI deserve a rare 5 stars from me.
I like the story and character development, I LOVE Ms. Gideon's take on the subject. Very refreshingly realistic and never did I get the impression that a deus ex machina was right around the corner or that I was soon going to be mollified and t
Teresa
Jan 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I promised to read the whole series, so I did.
My review of book one stand with a few changes, to apply to book 2...
I will say that the characters are unappealing, whiny and not very intelligent and they don't get any smarter in book 2, and suddenly Ripley turns into.. SUPER KILLER!!!!
The story line gets more ridiculous as people (except the Christians around Dotty, of course) All turn into horrid rapists and killers and bikers are EVIL!!!!
The college students are even more ignorant and again,
Ginny
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
I believe that this book should have been included with the first book as a single selection. The story picks up from the abrupt ending of the first book, Journey. We learn how quickly civilization can break down when the power fails. Is it looting to break into a store and take food and other items when it's the only way to survive? Who gets to decide who lives and who dies? Ethical questions are raised, and some of the decisions they make are difficult and life-shattering.

When I finished this
Jeanette
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sunfall...

Incredible post apocalyptic book! The characters resonate with me, they seem so real! The storyline is good. I like that we're travelling with Ripley, Marco, Mel & Corey, but also finding out what's happening at home.
For me this was realistic. Everything doesn't fail at once, it gradually happens. That's how I would imagine a real EOTW.
I'm sure waiting for the next book will be hard. 😊
Karla N. Colon
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I was surprised that Drew is a woman. I enjoy this story line but find most female authors get bogged down with emotions which in my mind distracts from the survival theme. I liked that Rippley denies what's happening around her but doesn't loose it. I think we women are made of tough stuff. Ripley quickly realizes her mistakes and takes care of business. Well written, faced paced and exciting. Well done sister!
charlie
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Soulfull

5 stars. The characters were very intriguing and the dialogue was believeable! The harrowing spirit of humans doing unimaginable things to one another during this bleak circumstance was even more horrific. It could happen and yes people will result to anger and killing their fellow man for water or just because .... Read on great read!!!
jim
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A real page-turner...

I continue to be impressed with the quality of novels in this series. Likeable, believable characters... a storyline that could be right off the front page, and a flow that has kept me awake several nights when I could not put down my Kindle. Great stuff, Ms. Gideon... Keep up the good work!
Ceh131973
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book continues the journey of Ripley and her friends to get home. It also focuses more on what is happening at home while the journey is taking place. The chracters are really what makes these stories. You get truely invested in them. Ripley and her crew traveling are one story. Then you have Dotty and Bill doing their best to help everyone andfinding out unpleasent truths along the way.
A Steven  Bouchard
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An excellent story! A page-turner, excellent and diverse characters, very well put together and an excellent story of apocalyptic survival. It also holds some very special survival tips.

This book is Definitely going to be read by many! Just think! No werewolves, zombies, zombies on meth, aliens, etc!!
Patti Sciapiti
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series just gets better and better!

The first book started slow for me but I loved it as the plot developed. The characters are believable and their interaction realistic.. I Love the Christian message of family, good friends and God's provision woven into the story. Can't wait for the next book
Cheryl
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very Good

The characters may be young but maturity arrives quickly. I like the new characters and think they add much to this story. I love Simon! We need more men like him in this world. Thank you to the author for not preaching politics. I refuse to read the biased opinions that over ride a great story and this is a great read!
Donna Dunmire
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good read

It took me some time to get acquainted with the characters of Sunfall, but by the end of book 1 and all thru book 2 I was engaged and concerned about Ripley, Mel, Marco and Corey -- as well as Dotty and Bill at home. The book offers serious food for thought with regard to the life and death decisions they faced. Can't wait for book 3!!!
Deedra
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
A good second book in a series.Ripley and her college friends are on their own when the grid goes down.They battle their way to Ripleys destination with whatever they can find and Ripleys knowledge of camping etc. Life will never be the same.Kevin Pierce and Becket Royce are the perfect narators.“I was voluntarily provided this free review copy audiobook by the author, narrator, or publisher.”
Sandra Pierson
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book 3, i need a book 3!!!

I've really enjoyed this series thus far! It took a little while in Book 1 to figure the main characters out, but now I'm hooked! I've read at least 100 post apocalyptic novels and this is one of the best. It's quite different than most. Grams is my favorite! I'd like to see this series become a movie or a TV series.
Shanna Tidwell
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ridley grows up! That’s the best thing.
We get to meet Preacher.
Grams, Dottie, continues to be the sweetest woman on the planet.
Criminals from the prisons are dealt with. Things are heating up as far as action goes.
Cant wait for book 3.
Kevin Pierce did an amazing job as always!
I was voluntarily provided this review copy at no charge by the author, publisher and or narrator.
Uncle  Dave Avis
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a good read! I really enjoyed this book and indeed both books of this series. The characters are nicely developed and the plot interesting . The story moves along rapidly and the conclusion is satisfying. I highly recommend this fine novel, but, read the first book first.
Valerie
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Woe

Darn good story with believable characters who are quickly learning that the old world is gone for good & that they need to understand that in order to survive. The law of the jungle & survival of the fittest is the new way.
Bonnie munn asido
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Book You Can Not Put Down

Ripley and Marco get separated from their friends. The adventure and problems never stop. The reason I loved this book was humanity was given hope. The books that are never ending downers get old. I enjoyed the human spirit!
Wancket Enterprises
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Exciting

This story was exciting and packed with adventure. It's also sad what happened to a lot of the people that have to adjust to the loss of loved ones and the challenge of a very difficult time.
Monica Paolucci
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series - looking forward to more

Love these characters and their development. Story is really good too and the situations felt real. I'm looking forward to see what happens next.
linda hawkins
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome books

Both books in this series have been awesome so far. If they keep getting written then I'm sure gonna keep reading them. Just don't kill off any of the main characters. Please
karen czarnowsky
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gave a lotta pointers for prepper's. The first book in the series was slow going. But glad I stuck with it. The second book rounded everything out. Very believable, take pointers. Better still I live in Maryland and can visualize every place they traveled. ...more
Susan Troutner
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great ! Riveting

I've been reading many prepper stories, this is by far the most original and spine tingling one so far.
Scary how close to the true scenario this plot is.
Waiting for more from Drew.
« previous 1 3 next »

• SUNFALL: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival Fiction Series: Book 3: Impact
  • Run Like the Wind (SHTF, #3)
  • Occupation (Rise #1)
  • Shoot Like a Girl (SHTF, #2)
  • Wait Like a Stone: A Post-Apocalyptic Thriller (The SHTF Series Book 4)
  • The World After
  • The Last Tribe
  • Fight Like a Man (SHTF, #1)
  • The McClane Apocalypse: Book 7
  • The Last Escape (The Last Survivors #2)
  • The Last Humanity (The Last Survivors #3)
  • The Last Command (The Last Survivors #4)
  • Strain (The Agora Virus #3)
  • Bunker: Born to Fight (Bunker #1)
  • The Last Refuge (The Last Survivors #5)
  • Bunker: Dogs of War (Bunker #2)
  • Sanctuary (Surrender the Sun, #2)
  • Devil's Homecoming (Blackout #6)

Sunfall (2 books)