Start by marking “The Serial Killer's Daughter” as Want to Read:
The Serial Killer's Daughter

The Serial Killer's Daughter

Suzanne Tyler barely knew her father. But when she’s given a series of secret diaries and eight mysterious photographs of women from his possessions, she knows she won’t be able to rest until she knows the truth about him. To Suzanne’s shock, one of the photos is of her friend Sophie, who died ten years ago in an unexplained and devastating fire.

But Don only met Sophie onc
Published June 14th 2017 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Serial Killer's Daughter, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Stephanie Wow, nice spoilers just right there.

Louise Wilson
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suzanne Woods has not seen her Dad for 10 years. Her life changes forever when receives a visit from Rose Anderson, the woman who has been living with Suzanne's Father. Don, Suzanne's Dad, is dead and Rose wants Suzanne to have his possessions. They include a series of intimate diaries and photographs of women. One of the pictures is of her friend Sophie, who died in a fire 10 years ago and Don had only met Sophie once. As Suzanne begins to dig into her Fathers life, just what will be uncovered ...more
Selene

This was a likable story that other readers will enjoy but it just wasn't entertaining enough and only a couple POVs genuinely interested me. Ultimately, I didn't connect with any of the characters and the way the flashback/ reminiscing scenes mixed into the text wasn't appealing. (view spoiler)

The upside? This book is perfect for the reade
Carrie
Jun 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Suzanne grew up being raised by her mother having few memories of her father's visits over the years after he'd left them when Suzanne was very young. Don had stopped visiting Suzanne completely when her mother had decided to remarry until a weird visits when Suzanne was in her twenties and trying to become an artist.

Now however Suzanne's life is changed completely when she receives a visit from Rose Anderson, a woman who claims to have been her father's girlfriends and was with him in his last
Amy
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

The title alone made this a must read for me, if you’ve been following me for more than a week it’s no secret that I have a sick fascination with serial killer novels. Then the blurb drew me in even deeper as I was intrigued by the idea of dead serial killer leaving a journal full of horrors behind. This book is definitely not as straightforward as I was expecting it to be and the author had some wicked twists up her sleeve that shook me up.

W
Lee
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a very dark tale which is creepy and scary with a story that begins slowly and then builds and builds as we learn more but I very much enjoyed it. The characters are quite truly evil and self centred but this just adds to the tension and the strength of the story. It is exciting, full of intrigue and suspense that will keep you turning the pages. highly recommended. Thank you to Netgalley the author and publisher a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Who doesn’t love a good serial killer? I do for one so when I saw the title of this book and read the description I knew I had to read it.

A serial killer in a novel is very much one that the reader has a love/hate relationship with. We love them because they give us thrills whilst hating what they do to their victims. Don was a new one on me. I don’t know if it’s because the author has written him as a very dark and disturbing character or it’s the way that she goes into details with the killing
Claire
You’re meant to know family the best, but what if the man you know as Dad isn’t the man you believe he is and then you discover that you’ve been shielded from his true nature and even then, no one actually knows the true extent of this man’s personality.

Don, he is a character and a half. He’s a smooth talker, ladies man but he can move from smoothie to bully without a breath. Suzanne has her dad on a metaphorical pedestal until his visit to her during her uni years, she only saw the smooth talke
The Book Review Café
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
All my reviews can be found at http://thebookreviewcafe.com

Oh my goodness what a dark and twisted read The Serial Killers Daughter by Lesley Welsh turned out to be. Gripping from the first page, this book will keep you on the edge of your seat all the way to its shocking conclusion. The author has given the reader a roller coaster of a thriller that’s for sure, but this crime thriller is also a gripping story of the psychology of evil and the lengths people will go to meet their own needs.

Suzann
Janel
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
The reviews surfacing for this book had me so excited to read it, I had such high hopes but sadly, this turned out to be another ‘run-of-mill’ psychological thriller.

Usually I love an insight into the mind of a serial killer but here I did not enjoy reading the killer’s journal articles that featured in this novel. It felt too much like the entries were written to repulse [which they certainly did], rather than to add to the plot. Usually I look for the logic the serial killer uses to justify th
Best Crime Books & More
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Suzanne is the main character here being the 'daughter' and she is certainly a character that is in turmoil. She receives a visit from Rose Anderson who had been living with Suzanne's father. Suzanne was nothing but relieved when she received the news that her Father Don was dead. Having not seen her Father for years she felt unconcerned about her non-relationship until Rose gives her the possessions that belonged to him.

Suzanne discovers a number of diaries and notebooks which are about to make
Jo
May 15, 2017 rated it liked it
It makes me worry that something that depraved came out of a sane author's head. I almost put the book down because it was too intense and too immoral to read Don's thoughts and words.
Meggy
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Have you ever put down a book with a sense of relief? Not because it was a painful read, but because the darkness were so thick you felt the oxygen was starting to lack for you to breathe properly and you were starting to forget what the sun looks like? This is what happened to me with The Serial Daughter's Killer!

Openings play an important part in how I welcome a book. Lesley Welsh had the book welcome me, not the other way around, with a cold and compelling start. This is when I knew I woul

Zannie (darktwistybooks)
I really enjoyed The Serial Killer's Daughter by Lesley Welsh.

I sort of wish the book had a different title... I feel like I would have enjoyed it slightly more by going in blind to the fact that, well... her dad is a serial killer! That fact is not revealed initially... Sure, dad is weird, raunchy, even creepy and clearly has secrets, but there are all kinds of dirty deeds that could have been hidden... I might have even been a little surprised to find that he was a serial killer - if it weren'
Maggie Walsh
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Excellent book, really kept me gripped with a few unexpected turns throughout.
Eva
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well, I must admit I’ve never asked myself the question “what would I do if I found out my dad was a serial killer?” but that’s exactly the situation Suzanne finds herself in.

Suzanne’s life changes when she receives a visit from Rose, who’s been living with Suzanne’s estranged father for the past two years. Rose brings news of Don’s death and wants his daughter to have his possessions. These include diaries and photographs of various women. One of whom is Sophie, Suzanne’s friend who died years
Yvonne (It's All About Books)

Finished reading: May 29th 2017

"She remembered her mother telling her that discerning the truth in Don's lies was like unravelling knotted string."

*** A copy of this book was kindly provided to me by Netgalley and Bookouture in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ***

(view spoiler)
Alison
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the first time I saw this cover I had chills up my spine. What is revealed inside continued to do just that!
There are some human beings in this world who have absolutely no redeeming features and Don is such a creature. The twisted way his mind and actions dominate this story makes it an addictive read.

Right at the outset it becomes clear that this is going to be a gruesome tale .. the title kinda gives it away. I can’t imagine how Suzanne felt when she finally realises what her estranged f
Shell Baker
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
First of all I have to say...That cover! After seeing that I couldn't wait to read The Serial Killer's Daughter which is exactly what it says on the title….A dark and warped story about Suzanne Tyler who’s life changes the day she meets Rose Anderson and is given a series of secret diaries and eight photographs of women. One of the photo’s is her friend Sophie who died in a fire 10 years ago. The big question is why did her Dad Don have that photo when he only met her once. We follow Suzanne on ...more
Elaine Tomasso
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of The Serial Killer's Daughter.

Suzanne Woods hasn't seen her dad, Don Tyler, for 10 years and the last time left a nasty taste in her mouth so she isn't too bothered when Rose Anderson, Don's latest girlfriend, phones her to tell he is dead. She is, however, interested in his diaries when she learns she might have half siblings. As she investigates she realises how nasty her father was - the hint's in the title - but what she do
Sally Whiteside
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic!!

I love this book. It kept me hooked and I have recommended it too everyone I know. Great story that had me in the edge of my seat and saying to myself "what a freak!"
Emma
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
what a novel! You know when you start reading a book but you ‘kind of’ know what to expect…? Maybe a variation on the theme of judging a book by it’s cover…? (Although I have to say that I love the cover of this one and if anything, it caught my attention and made me want to read it even more.) I was so totally, completely, absolutely wrong in my assumptions. This book packs one heck of a punch and I really enjoyed it, a lot more than I initially thought I would.

Don Tyler, Suzanne’s estranged fa
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I do love me a good serial killer book and this is one of them!!

Suzanne has settled into her life, it's not exactly where she wanted to be but she's comfortable until she receives a phone call from Rose Anderson, someone she doesn't know but who has been living with her estranged father for years. She agrees to meet Rose to collect the belongings Rose says she has for her, thus starts the descent into the despicable mind of Don.

Manipulative, cruel, heartless and sociopathic, he's just the kind o
Kerry
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This Don Tyler is a piece of work! To say he's disturbed would be the understatement of understatements.
I'm not quite sure what I was expecting when I started The Serial Killer's Daughter. Obviously I wasn't expecting a lovey dovey romance, given the title, but I was not prepared for the truly awful crimes committed by this evil psychopath. This story isn't for the faint-hearted or for anyone who is easily offended by vulgar language, but it is an interesting insight into the mind of a seri
Aileen Mckenzie
Aug 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
School teacher Suzanne has settled nicely into life, it’s not quite where she envisioned to be, but she’s comfortable and content until she receives a phone call from Rose Anderson, someone she doesn’t know but who claims to have been living with her estranged father for years. Suzanne reluctantly agrees to meet Rose to collect her father’s belongings (consisting of a pile of old photographs and a bunch of journals), thus starting the tumble-down the rabbit hole into the despicable mind of Don T ...more
Cheryl
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A compelling novel with more twists than a roller coaster I couldn't put it down. It is quite graphic in its description and may not be for the fainthearted but I will be recommending this book to everyone I know.
Yzabel Ginsberg
[I received a copy of this book through NetGalley.]

Reading about Don’s twisted point of view and convictions about himself, others and the world about him, was fairly interesting. This kind of characters always feels like a train wreck to me: you know it’s going to be horrible, yet you keep on reading nonetheless, to see if the monster is truly so abject or if there’s anything else. I definitely won’t empathise with the guy (no kidding), but... yes, I find that interesting.

My major problem with
Susan Angela Wallace
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The serial killers daughter by Lesley Welsh.
Charmer, liar, father… Killer.

Suzanne’s life changes forever the day she receives a visit from Rose Anderson, the woman who has been living with her estranged father, Don.

Don is dead, but Rose wants Suzanne to have his possessions – including a series of intimate diaries and a mysterious collection of photographs of women.

But D
Debbie
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Woah! Don Tyler is one scary dude. He is definitely one I would not like to meet in a dark alley. Actually, he is not one I would like to meet in broad daylight even, anywhere. I can truthfully say that this book scared the crap out of me. This guy was relentless. Heartless and hell bent to get whatever and whoever he wanted. I finished reading this book about 2:30 in the morning. I HAD to start another book, just to get this guy out of my mind. There was no way I was sleeping with him still on ...more
Mareli Thalwitzer
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, kindle
This review was first published on http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/...

After Lesley Welsh's editor at Bookouture read The Serial Killer's Daughter for the first time, she turned to the author and said, "I do sometimes worry that Don Tyler came out of your head".

As a reader and lover of psychological thrillers, I've often wondered about that. And not only for Lesley Welsh, but for numerous other well acclaimed authors as well. What is going on in your head for you to make up characters like t
Fiona Wilson
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads, netgalley
This is not a book for the faint hearted as it contains scenes of both violent and sexual nature, so be warned.

The character of Don is a twisted, evil individual who will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. His main goal, as we discover quite quickly, is to reunite with his estranged daughter Suzanne. This plan is seemingly put in jeopardy as Don dies quite early on in the story. But, as is always the case in stories like this, all is not as it seems.

The story picks up pace after a bit of a sl
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Pruwahaha Monster
  • Last to Die
  • Screams You Hear
  • A Place For Us Part 3
  • Night Terrors (Savage Species, #1)
  • Mosaic
  • The Baby Boon: How Family-Friendly America Cheats the Childless
  • Embrace of the Daimon: Healing Through the Subtle Energy Body/ Jungian Psychology & the Dark Feminine
  • Buried Secrets
  • Remember Murder (Claire Morgan #5)
  • The Missing Girls (DI Robyn Carter, #3)