Start by marking “Prey (The Irish Mob Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prey (The Irish Mob Chronicles, #1)

Prey

(The Irish Mob Chronicles #1)

One look, and I know I’ll have her. One taste, and I’m insatiable. One wrong move, and I’ll lose her forever.

I’ve never met a woman who was worth the time and hassle of a relationship. I’ve got my hands full leading the family.
Published April 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Prey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prey

Start your review of Prey (The Irish Mob Chronicles, #1)
Dee's Reading Zone
August 10, 2017 -- Reread and yes I did want Jade with Declan Murphy!!!!!!
____________________________________________________________
ARC provided for a honest review.

Prey (The Irish Mob Chronicles Book 1)

In blunt businessman, Patrick Murphy's life, he has always put his family -- brothers, Michael, Declan and Sean first as well as business... be it legal or illegal. Now women were never hard to find but to be quite honest, Patrick viewed them as 'distractions' until he had a supposedly
 Rosebud
Nya Hendersen finally gets the promotion she's been working her ass off for which definitely calls for a celebration. Deciding to stop at an upscale new hotel/bar on her way home, Nya is approached by the proverbial tall dark stranger of her dreams ending the night in his hotel room in a marathon night of sex. Her morning walk of shame out of the hotel is interrupted when she finds herself at the receiving end of a gun. A gun that is apparently intended for her date.

Always the gentleman,
Layeshia
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Irish mob bad boys

Bad boy Irishman meets his match. I falls in love with a strong black woman. Unfortunately someone want him dead. And to get at him they have to kill her also. If you like bad boys fighting for their women this is a perfect storm for you. Kaye Blue always brings it.
Kashi Ashley  Lowe
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. Unto Book 2
Maria11
May 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 to 4

Interesting read with a quick pace. I wish there was more info on the brothers and their background. I guess more will come as the series goes on. Pat and Nya had lots of chemistry. The brothers are a bunch of characters with issues. Looks like will be a good series
Patricia
3.5 I wish there was more of an description of the heroine.
Rosie J.
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All Romance Lovers
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book.

Nya is out solo celebrating a work promotion at an upscale bar, content with her own company and oblivious to the male attention she's garnering; she orders a whiskey neat and gains an admirer named Patrick Murphy. Though reluctant to engage him, less than 24 hours later she wakes up to find herself alone in a penthouse suite -- feeling slightly put out. No worries because Patrick has forgotten the rules of how a One Night Stand work, too.

Coco.V
Jul 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on iBooks today (7/18/2018)!

Blurb:

Nya, though … she’s not just a pretty face and smokin’ body. She’s a woman who knows exactly what she wants and isn’t afraid to take it. After one night with her, I need more.
But the next morning, someone tries to kill me. At first
Speed
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great start to a new series! Loving those Murphy men! Loved it!
Ms. Blue has done it again with the Irish Mob Chronicles. I have fallen in love with the Murphy men. In this story we have Patrick Murphy and Nya, after what is supposed to be a one night stand. The couple starts to literally run for their lives the morning after. This was a wonderful, suspense, hot sex, can't put down read. The thing I love about Ms. Blue's books are the thinly veiled descriptions of the characters. Though you
Sarah Armstrong
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great 4.5

Nya & Patrick were great. First book I've read by Kaye & looking forward to more from these brothers. Great writing
Nita
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book. To me, it appears that the author takes great effort to hide the ethnicity of Nya. The author described Patrick with precise details. Yet Nya remain a mystery
I assumed she was Black simply because of her name. However, I wanted and needed it confirmed. It would have given a different perspective on the book and relationship between the main characters.

Overall, it was OK! I didn't feel like it was anything spectacular. I've read mafia relationship stories
Mspraise50
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading this book by Kaye Blue. Whilst I love her stories, again too much narrative and not enough dialogue between the couple for me. Also the colour of the leading lady is totally ambiguous which is not good when you think you reading an interracial story. I don't mind if its not interracial but I want to imagine what the lading lady looks like and the description in this story does not give me that.

A good start to a new series but I really would enjoy these stories more if
Bitchy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Aliana
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Patrick and Nya

I'm not sure how I'd feel about going with a stranger after having a gun pointed at me; running through a hotel while being shot at or chased out of my home by an intruder set on killing me. All because of said stranger. Not one were the police involved.
That's the trouble Nya finds herself in after spending a few hours with Patrick.
I love the relationship between the brothers. I would've like to have read that Nya developed a closer relationship with her parents. It didn't seem
Aly
I was so bored with this book. I loved the beginning of this book. I thought the first 20% was exactly what i was looking for, but the rest of the book felt like a lot of back and forth. Nya would come to a decision or have morals about something in particular, only for her to through it all away when hot-guy Patrick says "No". Like I don't mind that, but come on...give me a good reason. It makes previous scenes feel useless, and that's what bugged me. The story was so sloooowwww for over 60% of ...more
Rise
I enjoyed reading this story and look forward to also reading brothers Declan, Michael and Sean's story each. Although this was a quick read it was good to see that Nya stood strong throughout everything that was going on and never once said anything about what was going on with what was happening. Now that she knows who Patrick is and what he does I would like to see what happens next for these two. I love to see a family of brothers sticking together and challenging one another, but also close ...more
LaKisha Dunn
Aug 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Alway a pleasure

I really do love these books. I have read every one of them and I have never been disappointed. Now I'm reading this series and I'm sure I won't be disappointed. About to start book 2. The only draw back is the length....these series books are never long enough. This is a real guilty pleasure. Who needs crappy reality T.V. when you have series books by Ms. Blue. Action, a hot guy, a spunky heroin, hot sex, a page turner, not boring. Highly recommended. If you haven't read Kaye
Dena
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nya

This whole thing started as a one night stand gone wrong. He becomes obsessed and it turns into something more which is what she needs. I felt bad that she wasn't happy however it turned out to help her. The relationship was a little awkward because I didn't know if their relationship was good or bad. Does she want him? I kept asking myself because of the violence she was constantly involved in. Overall it was good and I absolutely loved the characters.
Veda
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written. Enjoyed very much

I loved the fact that back stories were almost none existent. They were on referenced as a brief explanation for a decision & not entire unnecessary chapters. There was nothing predictable about the book which was a pleasant surprise. The best friend got on my last nerve but I love all the other main characters. Wonderfully written! Can't wait to experience the rest of the series
Shauntavia Mcintyre
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew I was going to love this series and I was right

Patrick the oldest of the Murphy brothers meets his woman Nya at M lounge he overheard her drink order and decided to step to her. Long story short their one night stand turned into more because situations kept coming up where someone's my mainly Patrick's life was endangered. Both Nya and Patrick each had issues with their fathers with each other's help they got a new perspective of their two situations.
Brandi Clarke
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me a bit to get into this one. But once I got past the first chapter I felt the story really start to pick up. I love Nya and how she is not one to just roll over take anyone's crap. Patrick is a very swoon worthy mob boss that I fell in love with quick. I honestly loved all the Murphy brother's and can not wait to read more about them.
James Evans
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Unique.

To me this book is quite unique. As a love story, it also has something of a look on the more dangerous way the people of the underworld live. Howsome ever being a male, I would have liked for there to be a little less of the explanation of their thoughts spelled out in such detail!
Valerie Foley
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A long build up

A very good read. I like the lead in and the build up of the characters, but the dangers or suspense took way too long to get to and before you know it the danger was over by the next two pages. Looking forward to reading the next installment. #InTheEndItsWorthARead
evette w
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Good Stuff

When I chose this story it was because I wanted a new story and a new series. What I got was a good story that deals in real facts. I love that the main characters are two people running from what they really want. The writer gives us such a good story and a sexy love that is so good. For the first in the series this was darn good.
Sandra
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Preyed Upon

"Prey" was an excellent start to "The Irish Mob Chronicles." A chance meeting that turned into what was supposed to be a one night stand, without realizing it, Patrick fell hard for Nya...and then the shooting started.
Ann
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Hope you can hold on until the end

As with romance books fluff and details are like dimmer switches to lights. Lite to midrange is expected but if you cross that line its just a big sticky mess no one wants.
Ladonna Alexander
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, mob
Story Line Good But...

Story line was good but the book was full of fluff. I skipped 30% and still was able follow the story. So much fluff I don’t even want to waist my time on the next book. On to another series.
Coco
I wish there was a little more distinction in the narration between Nya and Patrick’s POV. I felt like when reading their perspective it was written very similarly and their personalities didn’t shine through. BUT I still thoroughly enjoyed it! Onto book 2...
MARY WILSON
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book!!

I loved reading this book!! May goes out for a drink to celebrate her promotion and meets Patrick. That encounter will change both of their lives! Very good story with twist and turns. And very steamy!
Ty
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
good read

I enjoyed this book I liked the characters an how everything played out I hope in the next book nya has a wedding an a baby. Can't wait to see who the mystery person is that's in prison an what part he plays in the series.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Intensity (Rose #1)
  • Crayson
  • Redemption (AmBw Romantic Suspense)
  • The Irishman: Book 1 (For The Love Of The Irish)
  • In Too Deep
  • MAXIM: BWWM Russian Mafia Romance (Red Bratva Billionaires Book 1)
  • The Dark Knight (Angels and Assassins #4)
  • Mr. Vega
  • Chatting with a Vampire
  • A Desert King's Obsession
  • Duncan (Across the Aisle #2)
  • The Nordic Lightning
  • Infamy (Rose Series Book 2)
  • STONE: Her Ruthless Enforcer: 50 Loving States, North Carolina
  • The Irish Don’s Black Beauty: Part One
  • Rashid: Her Ruthless Boss: 50 Loving States, Hawaii
  • The Irish Don's Black Beauty: Part Two
  • The Contract: A Mafia Vows Prequel (Mafia Vows, #.5)
Hello, I'm Kaye, and I write hot, gritty, suspenseful romance that features alpha males and the curvy women they love.

The Irish Mob Chronicles (5 books)
  • Reap (The Irish Mob Chronicles #2)
  • Bind (The Irish Mob Chronicles #3)
  • Mark (The Irish Mob Chronicles #4)
  • Wrath (Irish Mob Chronicles Book 5)