Start by marking “Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship” as Want to Read:
Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

WHAT IF LIFE WASN'T ABOUT DECADES OF WAGE-SLAVERY, PAYING BILLS, AND THEN DYING?

Today's contemporary slavery is an implied social contract whereas a gilded cage is exchanged for voluntary indebtedness and lifelong toil, a price sacrificed by a non-redeemable fifty-years of Monday through Friday, a willful servitude in which freedom is only promised by the dawn of life's
Published May 23rd 2017 by Viperion Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Unscripted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unscripted

Start your review of Unscripted: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship
Sergiy Lichenko
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one and "The Millionaire Fastlane" are probably the most influential books I have ever read. These two books are paradigm shifting, they will blow your mind. In fact, I liked Unscripted even more than TMF. There is so much to learn from here. Some content is repeated from TMF but it is more concise and accurate.
The main idea of the book is that in modern society "slavery still exists" but it has a different form than in the past. Now it is called the SCRIPT: have a nice school, get good
Nasos Psarrakos
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
MANADATORY!
Mitch Tabian
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great follow-up to his first book: "The Millionaire Fastlane".

I didn't love the first few chapters. They mostly consisted of MJ bashing our current government systems, schools systems, and financial systems. Which I don't mind, but he bashed them into the ground, ran them over with a car, then found a plane and somehow crashed it into them. I found he went a little overboard - if you didn't get my analogy. But the rest of the book was amazing. Would definitely recommend.

I especially
Pinkernox
Jan 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hesitated before giving it a 5 star rating. That rating is rare, and only given to books that excel in writing style, value given to the reader and my overall enjoyment of the book. Unscripted definitely has its flaws, and it is far from being beautifully written. However, I'm going to make an exception with my rating criteria, because everything about this book rings fundamentally different from any business book, or even a self-help book that I've read in the past. Hell, I'd say that this ...more
Janine Brown
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
First of all, if youre listening to this on audio, skip forward to chapter 19- trust me, youll be glad you did! Basically MJ goes on a tireless rant about not being a slave to the man. Then he concludes that the only way to really make money is to be an entrepreneur- and that is where things actually become beneficial.

MJ is super cocky with a potty mouth. He starts the book saying how its long, but all important. Its not. At least, definitely not the first 19 chapters. When you start to get into
Mario Tomic
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Must read for entrepreneurs same as his previous book The Millionaire Fastlane.
Joel Valdez
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a jewel. It is an unconventional entrepreneurship book that provides lots of insights and techniques from an author that "actually" did it. Practical, realistic, blunt. From changing your mindset and understanding of the system to tools to actually navigate once mindset change is accomplished. Content very thoughtful. Focus and time will be needed.
David Rosage
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this author and his out of the box thinking about how to create value and get ahead.
Jill
Jul 16, 2017 rated it liked it
The author bases the book on his experience as a founder of Limo.com, a media company that focused on online and print content, and The Fastlane Forum, a website for entrepreneurship discussions. DeMarco explains how you can never get ahead by following the rules. He advocated for being unscripted by avoiding frauds, beliefs, and biases that pigeonhole people into acting a certain way. Three steps sum up the book, (1) create something, (2) maintain 100% ownership, and (3) sell access to others. ...more
Jonas Van Baelen
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
Quite horrible. Author kept assuming the reader is borderline retarded. Had to quit about 25% in. Maybe its because I'm an entrepreneur myself and the 'scams' he talks about are incredibly obvious to me.
Petru Trimbitas
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is very good for someone who didn't read the millionaire fastlane, hovever there are a lot of ideas and stories which can be found in both books.

I liked the fact that in this book there are book recommendations. Also the beginning and the end are different from TMFL and I liked them a lot
Dušan Maďar
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-english
It repeats many of the points presented in TMFL, but dives deeper. Written in the same "in your face" fashion. Could be shorter (unnecessary repetitive fluff).

Some of the key approaches can be considered common sense (e.g. concentrate on value not on money, "act, assess, adjust", ...), but as common sense isn't that common, they are repeated throughout the book. I like the CENTS concept.
Mike
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book full of sage advice, if you can get past the snarky tone.
Cornelius Thien
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A V12 engine strapped with quad turbos

Be prepared to have your face ripped off by the massive g-force. A neck brace is needed after the ride ends.
Bragadeesh
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are a wannabe-entrepreneur or an entrepreneur already or the average householder, you should definitely read this. Implementing some of these techniques is definitely challenging and the not everyone would be able to comprehend the ideas in this book, but I do not see any other better explanation available out there and it would stay so for a long time. To openly criticize America's No.1 Life coach on his book means, MJ does not give a f***. As my subjective opinion, MJ pushed me into ...more
Matjaz
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book to read for every aspiring entrepreneur with mentality of perpetual improvement. It promises nothing but offers numerous possibilities when hard work is applied in smart and efficient way.

It's thick, without fillers and reads almost as a manual.

The perfect book to riches doesn't exist but this one at least gives you a nudge and a nagging feeling that you're not doing what you're supposed to be doing.
Andrei Savu
Too much of a rant. Too much of a n-steps framework. Too much of a religion with magic terms. The underlying philosophy is valid and very important and could be expressed in a book a fraction of the size.
Xristos
Oct 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Repetitive but motivational
Albert Kim
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It leads me to think about Entrepreneurship seriously. Great book.
Maria Schnor
Feb 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good information but a little on the side of preachy. If you can move past that and just take the good bits it is a great book and I feel will help me in my future endeavors.
Nyamka
So this is the first book chosen for my new bookclub. I've read DeMarco's first book The Millionaire Fastlane few weeks ago.

It has some very good advices, I have to admit. It's painfully repetitive and offers almost no additional values (really, MJ?) that are not in the previous book.
I would rather recommend just reading 'Millionaire Fastlane', because it's much shorter and more concise.

Chase value you can offer instead of chasing simply money alone.
Bookstakeaway
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book! This book is so unconventional it's like taking the red pill from The Matrix. M.J. DeMarco opens your eyes by showing you how you've been lied to your whole life on money. Definitely check out this book if you're interested in taking the "red pill" and going down that rabbit hole. Here's a video review that I did if you're interested: https://youtu.be/JIcnUTcCa74
Luis
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not groundbreaking like the first one. But still. Great book, with tons of motivational stuff and usefull advice
Stan
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mj Demarco exposes the truth about living life according to a slow lane scripted life. Go to high school get into debt by going to college to get a job you may not like to climb a corporate ladder making money for other and the little you do make you will up persuaded and social engineered to buy shit you don't need to impress people you don't like. You will do all this for 60 years for a hope of a retirement of with your remaining 20 years. Hope bring the key word. This is my life. He suggest ...more
Marius Schober
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Would I have rated my listening experience during the last 20h, I would have rated this book probably 3/5. However, I know that MJ's book TMFL helped me tremendously to understand the rigged rat race, I consider that this is an improved version of TMFL and therefore the ONE book for young teenagers to start.
What I also liked is that MJ explained that materialistic things (e.g. his Lambo) are not important to him anymore - which I think is very important to mention in such a book.

If you don't
Abi Olvera
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading personal development, finance, and entrepreneurship books: this one tops the list. It is the strong kick-your-butt-into-gear call to action by making you rethink your daily routine and what you thought was possible for your life. Rather than hoping the stock market will you make you rich (despite the fact that is not how most rich people today are rich), you should put your future into your own hands and focus on creating value. Once you start the feedback loop and create value, ...more
Jeronimo (Jero)
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This book offers great value on identifying a proven strategy and a set of tactics that will help you build a profitable business and escape the "scripted" life. The author draws on his own experience as an entrepreneur which I find authentic. The book is fairly long and I felt it start to drag around the middle. Despite the amount of fluff around some points and repetitive information from his last book TMF, it really packs a PUNCH for getting the reader off his butt and working on earning ...more
Ben Solomon
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wake up call for those wanting more out of life

MJ has done it again.
Unscripted is a prequel to The Millionaire Fastlane, in my opinion, although both books stand alone.
The book covers all the underlying things required to get the right mindset and create valuable businesses that serve and add value to the world, while allowing you to become wealthy and be untethered from a J.O.B.
Read/listen to it multiple times to allow the message to sink in.
Kaja Trees
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Although the language is still somewhat emotional, sometimes even angry, this book is much more mature and complete in itself than The Millionaire Fastlane. It is NOT "get rich quick book" in its usual meaning (=easy) - it tells you often that you need to be very motivated and put in lots of effort to get anywhere; but if you stand up to it, it gives a set of tools and rules and action items to check your budding enterprise against to make sure you are doing things as well as you can.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Ca$hvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make BIG MONEY Selling Anything to Anyone
  • Wealth Exposed: This Short Argument I Overheard Made Me A Fortune... Can It Do The Same For You?
  • The 10 Pillars of Wealth: Mind-Sets of the World's Richest People
  • How to Get Rich
  • The 50th Law
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • The Book of Pook
  • One Million Followers: How I Built a Massive Social Following in 30 Days
  • The Rational Male
  • Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too
  • The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
  • The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
  • Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
  • Be Obsessed or Be Average
  • Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Rational Male – Preventive Medicine
MJ DeMarco is a semi-retired entrepreneur, investor, advisor, and international best-selling author whos books have been translated in over 15 languages worldwide. He is the current founder of Viperion Publishing Corp., a media company focused on online and print content distribution. He also is admin/founder for The Fastlane Forum, the webs leading destination forum for start-up, finance, and ...more