Start by marking “Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science” as Want to Read:
Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science

Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science

Discover the Wonders of the Universe with the Creator. Based on Louie Giglio's popular messages "Indescribable" and "How Great Is Our God," Indescribable: 100 Devotions About God & Science will help kids discover the incredible creation of our indescribable God.

Published October 10th 2017 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Indescribable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Indescribable

Start your review of Indescribable: 100 Devotions for Kids About God and Science
Zoe Schoppa
Indescribable: 100 Devotions about God & Science is a wonderful homeschool resource.  It is not so much a devotional as it is a book that shares some interesting tidbits of science and then relates how God's indescribable imagination, creativity, and scripture relate to the science.  This book is the very first thing that my kids ask for as we begin a school day.  They look forward to it.  They are excited about it!

Breakdown

Each lesson begins with a scripture verse.  Giglio seems to primarily us
Sarah Monzon
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this daily devotion al for kids.
Vera Godley
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a grand opportunity to lead your child to discover the indescribable wonders of the universe made by our wonderful Creator. And this new devotional book for kids will enable families together to embark on this wonderful journey of discovery.

Every day's devotional is packed with wonderful scientific information and a brief scriptural reference that ties it together. The doors for discussion will swing wide open when families use this book for family devotions

But it is not only a book that c
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
INDESCRIBABLE: 100 DEVOTIONS ABOUT GOD & SCIENCE is seriously the coolest devotional I've seen yet for kids. I am a parent and I love it.

I discovered Louie Giglio several years back when I watched a DVD with the same title: INDESCRIBABLE. And I never forgot it. In fact, I bought it for our own personal library. Mr. Giglio loves God and loves science and he is a pastor of a church and wow. Any way, when I was offered the chance to review this book, yes, I jumped.

As mentioned above, the science to
Melissa Vickers
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for my kids to be older so we can read this together. Very creative and beautifully done! ...more
Ammie
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful daily devotional.
Merri
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are very few devotional books I would recommend. If you have a child who enjoys science this would be a wonderful choice. Well done.
Emily
Nov 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic devotional for children age 5+
Kirk
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
My kids really enjoyed having this read to them at night. The artwork is pleasant and not cheesy or too crazy. Some of it went over the four-year-old's head, but they still enjoyed the cool science facts. Some of the scriptural lessons and analysis was a bit repetitive at times, but that was ok. I have not doubt we will make our way through it again in a year or two. ...more
Kaitlin Garrison
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this book! I’m an adult and I’ve gleaned so much information from this sweet little
Book! Each day contains an awesome fact about science or nature and ties it in with the awesomeness and creativity of God. I HIGHLY recommend this book for kids AND adults!!
Amy Bradsher
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Indescribable is a new devotional for kids written by Louie Giglio, and I'm in love with it!  This is an excellent resource for kids.  Indescribable has 100 devotions focused on showcasing the amazing creativity of Creation from a scientific standpoint.  It features cool science facts, photography, and super colorful drawings.  Each devotion has scripture, a story, application, and neat stuff about science.

One of the things I love about this book is the way that Giglio points out the awesome cre
Yvie
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It’s impossible to out-imagine God. He orchestrates time, creates light, and speaks things into existence—from the largest stars to the smallest starfish. God is a powerful, purposeful, personal, unparalleled Creator. Psalm 19:1 says, “The heavens tell the glory of God. And the skies announce what his hands have made.” Indescribable displays the majesty of creation with scientific findings, photography, and original illustrations. These 100 devotions encourage awe at God’s creativity with an in- ...more
Syncopated Mama
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Syncopated by: lisahealy@outlook.com
What better way for children to discover the wonders of the universe than with The Creator!

This book is perfect for all those little minds full of curious thoughts about STEM-themed topics. What I love most about this book is how it's bursting with scientific findings, photography and original illustrations about all sorts of topics related to science.

Children are always fascinated with learning more about these things, so engagement with this devotional should be really high.

The introduction po
Natasha
This is an excellent science-based devotional for school-aged children. I read it aloud to my young children during lunch over the course of several months. I didn't see until later that the recommended age is 6-10 (my oldest daughter was 6 as we finished this book). I would say that some of the topics were over my younger children's head. Some of the chapters about the universe, light years, black holes and HUGE numbers ending with countless zeros were even hard for me to fathom. It felt like t ...more
Danielle Trueba
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a devotional that your kids will actually LOVE and that you will be excited to teach, this is it! This book has been a staple in our homeschool and we read a lesson each day during our morning basket time. It teaches science from a biblical worldview and beautifully aligns the lessons with scripture. My kids are always engaged in the content and the lesson almost always leads to further discussion and exploration. This book is easily one of my favorite homeschool resources ...more
Matt Walker
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
This is an incredible book - it's certainly a fantastic devotional for any kid who love science or has a natural curiosity, but I (well into my 20s) sat down to read it because I'm both a fan of science/apologetics/that sort of this and Louie Giglio. Although the audience is certainly much younger than I am, it was a great little reminder of how incredible God's creative work is, and how fine-tuned the entire universe is for us to know him through. I would have adored this book as a kid of about ...more
Tirzah
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devotional
I am glad I discovered this book. It is an appropriate, kid-friendly devotional that does a great job tying in Scripture with science. I originally read it to see if it was something my space loving nephew could learn from and I ended up learning and re-learning some stuff as an adult! I highly recommend to all parents to give to their young children. It is a wonderful resource and alternative to a lot of the secular science books out there. I already read a few pages to my nephew and plan on sh ...more
Jason Muckley
Indescribable: 100 Devotions about God and Science by Louie Giglio is my new favorite devotional to read to my kids.

Giglio brings out the most amazing facts and scientific discoveries in our world that point back to Creator God and God's Word, the Bible. It teaches kids that God created science and that he uses it to say something about His character.

My kids love learning about the unique ideas presented and always ask to read one before bed every night. As a parent, the devotional engages my mi
Challice
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I wasnt sure how this book was going to end up. I heard amazing things about it but usually devotions based on science tend to be too heavy or too childish. Finally! One that not only worked for multiple ages but I was fascinated as well as spiritually challenged by the simplicity of language, awe-mazing facts about God's creation, and challenged to grow in wisdom and admonition of the Lord.

This worked well for beginning science curriculum for those that homeschool (or want to do more). We woul
Lindsay Derek
Mar 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-read-alouds
This was an excellent family devotional book! We read it every school day before starting school. Eventually, we abandoned our science curriculum because this was so full of science. We would often look up more information about what we learned. The kids always looked forward to it!

I recommend it for families with elementary students as it’s a little too advanced for toddlers. I do believe older students would still enjoy it as I always did as an adult!

I only have one small complaint— I would ha
Justin Armitage
Dec 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent devotional book, just like its sequel "How Great is Our God." My 5 yo son looked forward to reading this each night. Some material is definitely over his head (like grasping a lightyear), but it was also good practice in thinking differently about things. I hope to revisit these devotionals when the kids are a bit older and can appreciate the studies on a deeper level. As an adult, I found the facts in this book amazing as well. Side note: We read How Great is Our God first, but I pers ...more
Christina Morley
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amanda (age 12) received Indescribable as a gift from her grandma a couple of years ago. It became a well-loved book that she has read about 4 times.

Amanda keeps the book by her bed. She likes that every new chapter is a new topic about natural science and God. She has learned a lot and thinks it’s very interesting.

I like the way the book is laid out with text and illustrations. It’s easy to follow with cool facts for kids. Louie Giglio helps kids to see God in science and makes learning fun.
Brooke
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I actually waited up until midnight on the site for this one! Louie Giglio always has a different perspective of God with nature and it’s also how I see God best. I knew I needed this one! 100 adorable devotions for kids filled with a lesson, a verse and cool facts that help it sink in and see how incredible God really is. Talk about someone who has some serious creativity, you see first hand how God thought everything through when he created not only me and you but the entire universe!
Chelsea
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s difficult to write a book review for something that has messages & teachings from the God of the Universe in it...because, well, He’s God. The author of all of our stories.

I benefited greatly from this book because it allowed me to start most days slowly, spending time with Him. Thankful for the time to create that habit through this read. 4/5 stars only because some of the wording and images felt slightly juvenile for me.
Kaleena
This devotional is awesome! A definite family favorite for us. Combining the science of God's amazing and magnificent creation with the truth of God's character is a win-win on all levels. We learned, we were challenged, and were down right astonished at all that God is and has the power to do. The illustrations and photographs are beautiful too. Would highly recommend this devotional to everyone! ...more
Jenny Rose
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Science and the Bible are not at odds. With Indescribable, Louie Giglio gives kids 100 examples of the amazing science around us and how God is involved.

I took one star off because occasionally Giglio uses a verse out of context. Overall, I highly recommend this devotional especially for the science hungry kids and those families wanted a creation science approach.

I bought this book and this is my honest and unbiased review.
Cassandra
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a complimentary copy.

Review- I think this book would be great for religious homeschool families that have younger children. While any age can learn with this faith as well as science based book, this is geared for younger readers. With easy to read and learn font as well as illustrations this book will catch your readers interest.
Ann Singer-Clark
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must have for all children. It has fascinating daily tidbits of information about science and incorporates these facts into devotions with Biblical verses. The author does a great job illustrating how powerful our God is while still acknowledging the science behind creation. Any well educated Christian will love this book!
Amina Levy
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My children and I read one of these devotionals per week throughout the school year in correlation with their Classical Conversations memory work. It gives life to the science facts they are memorizing and really reflects how the God's handiwork is in all of His creation. I couldn't recommend this book more. ...more
Kelly
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Everyday has:
Scripture
A big about science and how that related to God and his love, creativity, scripture.
A Prayer
A Blurb called be amazed which is usually a science fact.

We enjoyed this read. Most days we took something away but the science facts were a little above my 3 year olds mind but we will probably end up coming back to this read in a couple years.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
  • The Action Bible: God's Redemptive Story
  • Love Does for Kids
  • Honey for a Child's Heart: The Imaginative Use of Books in Family Life
  • Adventuring Together: How to Create Connections and Make Lasting Memories with Your Kids
  • Becoming Elisabeth Elliot
  • Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids
  • The Best Halloween Ever (The Herdmans #3)
  • I Am: Bible Stories, Devotions, and Prayers about the Names of God
  • Toliver's Secret
  • Ishtar's Odyssey: A Storybook for Advent
  • Unwrapping the Names of Jesus: An Advent Devotional
  • The Ology: Ancient Truths Ever New
  • Corrie Ten Boom: Keeper of the Angels' Den (Chrisitan Heroes: Then & Now)
  • The Ways of Royalty
  • The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
  • Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
  • GraceLaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart

News & Interviews

“Rock” 0 likes
“Have you ever seen workers build a brick building? They don’t just stack the bricks on top of each other. They need some sort of glue to hold all those bricks together. The glue for bricks is called mortar. In the same way, your body is made up of 37.2 trillion little bricks called cells. And like a building, those cells need some sort of glue to hold them all together. The glue for cells is called laminin. Laminin holds your body together. The thing that’s even more amazing about laminin is what it looks like. When you take a peek at laminin (and you’ll need an electron microscope to see it), it looks like . . . a cross.” 0 likes