Start by marking “The Genesis Conspiracy” as Want to Read:
The Genesis Conspiracy

The Genesis Conspiracy

Deep beneath the ocean lies the secret of human origins.
A discovery with the power to change history.
Or wipe us from the earth.

For over a decade, archaeologist Dr. Martin Anders has searched in vain for proof of the fabled continent of Atlantis. After raising a puzzling artifact from the ocean floor, Anders gets more than he bargained for. It is a piece of modern techno
Published March 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Genesis Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genesis Conspiracy

Start your review of The Genesis Conspiracy
Jay Ledbetter
Jul 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
Interesting idea, poorly executed

The concept was a fun, new take on time travel. I wanted to like this book but the characters were thin and predictable. The dialogue was stilted, the characters were a jumble of cliches. Sorry.
Nanette Erickson
May 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
Disappointed. I started out thinking I would really enjoy this book, and the farther I got into it, the less I did. The second half was silly and poorly written.
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
Review: THE GENESIS CONSPIRACY by James D. Prescott

A fast-paced, imaginatively-premised, near-futuristic thriller with elements of science fiction, THE GENESIS CONSPIRACY rockets from contemporary maritime archaeology back to prehistory. Solidly grounded in both academia and corporate megalomania, the novel focuses on Dr. Martin Anders, an archaeologist, whose need for continuing research funding leads him into strange and dangerous venues. In the race to eradicate a fatal pathogen unearthed fro
Alex Carpenter
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Imagine Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Back to the Future and Lost.

A very interesting read, very well written and well developed characters. I started reading this with intrigue which gripped me until the end. Obviously James Prescott clearly is a fan of Jurassic Park: The Lost World, one scene I thought was adapted directly from the baby T-Rex scene in The Lost World. Suspense was used throughout the novel, using short chapters and small cliffhangers throughout the novel at the end of each chap
Jia Jun Qin
Apr 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting read but don't hold you expectation high

Hits all the points: secret organization, "evil" rich guy, suspense, romance, plot twists, philosophical debates, characters with distinct but predictable personalities, and tons of cliche sci-fi/triller elements. The overall tone is a bit dull. Worth a read if you are really bored, but nothing that really amuses or excites you.
Also, why does every single sci-fi novel has to feature a bad-tempered, stubborn but beautiful female character who ev
Mark S.
Apr 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
As others have mentioned, I wanted to like this book. However, by the end of the first chapter I realized it should be marketed as an outline for what could be a great novel. Upon reflection, I think this is more of a script for a so-so thriller movie.
Daniel Kincaid
Nov 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Dr. Martin Andreas has been looking for over a decade for the location of the lost continent of Atlantis, and in one of his searches he finds a a piece of modern technology- only it's more than a thousand years old. But before he can discover what that means, he and a and a team comprised of archaeologists, virologist, other scientists and a team of mercenaries are sent into the past with a dangerous mission- to find a cure to a deadly virus that has been spreading in modern day society, a disea ...more
D. E.
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A JDD. SYFY. Novel About BCE. Time and Actual Events Superimposed With Fiction

JDD. has. penned a SYFY . Novel that begins with a discovery that humans were never to make. The discovery was of a fossil from thousands of years ago where the bones were found to be thousands of years old, except there was a zipper with the fossil. At first you will fall into the time honored studies of the past, but when the change courts it is not the past but what of parallel universes. This is an excel!ent read f
Alice M. Williams
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good mix of science fiction and adventure

The premise of this story, travelling to the past to save the present, is not new, but this book does a good job of making it seem plausible. James Prescott has crafted an intricate storyline with multiple converging plots and a climax that is gripping and a satisfying ending. The teaser on the final page leads me to hope that this is just the first installment of a new series.
Cherry Lynn
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Real science

Excellent mixture of science and fiction resulting in true _science fiction_ as it should be! I hate reading sf that has science so sloppy as to be closer to fiction, but that is not the case here. The science is real and accurate, the adventure is as thrilling as any Bond novel, with some large helpings of Indiana Jones. I read the whole thing in under 24 hrs, just could not put it down!
Do yourself a favor, take a vacation from reality and read this.
Victoria Haugen
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is AWESOME!

Full of action, suspense and thrills - I loved it. Great story/characters, great narration, I loved the story from beginning to end!

Well written, the attention to detail is amazing, and is full of great story.
Definitely recommended, I enjoyed it and wish it was longer! :)
You'll love it :)
I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.
Donuts with fillings
I started on this book because I had enjoyed another book by the author (Augmented).

The premise and set up for this story was relatively weak, the dialog a little corny. The standard of writing felt lower than that in the last book I read from this author. I just found out later that this is an earlier book, which means the author is clearly getting better with each new story he is writing. Will definitely check out his next book.
Iao
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Interesting point of view on neolithic culture.

This is a great book. Blending modern science and technology with the ancient world. There is no way to know what secrets are hidden in the past.... Sometimes you can imagine a scenario that is possible and that leads you to the most unique hypothesis of the world.
D. Mark Detrixhe
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something different

Time travel is new but can maybe save the present world. Then the truth starts coming out. Throw in Atlantis and the Sphinx for extra interest.
Very well written and proofed with believable characters of a wide swath.
I read Sci fi all the time and this was one of the most enjoyable for some time.
Julie
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun read

James Prescott has found his niche in the sci-fi, dystopian adventure genre. His premise is just believable enough to keep the reader wanting to know more. I appreciate that his imaginary worlds are science based. His research infuses his books with a realism that lends credibility to his storyline. Fun.
lorana Mossi
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Captivating Read!

The questions we have are answered (fiction). But fun and well written. A place I've dreamed of, Atlantis is within the story of time travel with scientists, doctors, treasure hunters, and of course, bad men. James D. Prescott keeps you caught up in Amazing fast paced fun read.The
Lorana
Deedra
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this fast paced time travel/apocolyptic virus/search for Atlantis story.It had so many different things going on! An archeologist in need of cash takes an offer a millionare offers him.He realizes he made a mistake not long after.Gary Tiedmann was a good narrator.I was given this book by the narrator,author or publisher free for an honest review.
Frank
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Start of something good

Genesis, the plot has intriguing time travel ideas. I liked the authors writing style, paints a solid word picture. Could have used less good guy versus bad guy and more of what the author highlighted after the end of the book. Overall, good read and recommend.
Jarryd Kalideen
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great take on a age old story

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was a quick read but had enough character development,suspense, mystery and adventure to appease most readers. It's an ingenious take on the story of Atlantis, whilst highlighting how selfish and ultimately malevolent humanity is.
Linda Pobanz
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Conspiracy

It was a good book! I wish I could read more like that. It ended good and I was glad it was the only one. The characters were exciting and dramatic. It was definitely worth reading!
Scott
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Author James D. Prescott and narrator Gary Tiedemann once again team up and pull off an exciting action-packed thriller in “The Genesis Conspiracy”. It is a bit shorter than the author’s other works at just under six in a half hours of audio, but as a listener, the book is fulfilling, enjoyable and engaging. If you like archaeological mysteries and enjoy plunging into the depth of the ocean in search of a lost city, this is the book you have been looking for. Mr. Prescott has set the level quite ...more
J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own

I started the notes on this one harshly because it wasn't the kind of book I expected it to be - in a bad way, but by the end of the book I had enjoyed the story though I feel like all my gripes were legit.

Well narrated.

Notes along the way:

Timeline with Atlantis instead of Medieval castles. I wasn't really in the mood for a time travel book and wouldn't have started this if I'd known it was one.

(view spoiler)
Sarah Crawford
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like archaeology. I also like science fiction and time travel. This book puts all three together in a really good manner. It starts off with a body being found in ice. It's some 12,000 years old yet there is a major problem. Its clothes have a zipper.

Zippers didn't exist then. Neither did the type of clothing the body had on.

This leads to an outbreak of a very deadly plague that outright kills 90% of the people that get it. The others that get it but don't die are rendered sterile. Thus, the e
Katie Holder
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good story, interesting premise. This is the second story by this author that I've read, and I have to say that I'm adjusting to his writing style. He has good concepts, but leaves a lot to be desired when fleshing out his characters. He's great at explaining the science - sometimes too great, as the science becomes half a page and we're still trying to get an idea of what the characters are really like. There's some bouncing around where the author will vaguely switch tenses (some yo ...more
Claire
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting and slightly scary concept, the first half of the book is well written with a good cast of characters that are a bit cliche at times and would benefit from further work. There are some great twists that made things more interesting, but the second half of the book took things too far for my tastes. Yes, it's fiction, but it ended up being drama for the sake of drama.

An interesting book, it would have benefited form better editing and someone asking 'why?' a lot.

I liked it, but it
Jerry Mount
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fast-paced sci-fi thriller. It blends ancient history and future technology in an interesting way. It's a fairly short novel, that starts fast and keeps moving very fast. There is minimal time spent on character development and examining the science and implications in any significant way. The motivations for some of the major plot points were kind of weak and confusing. I like the reasons for a "conspiracy" to be clear and logical by the end of a book. It almost reads as a screenplay ...more
Sue
Sep 13, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun read which does not tax your brain much. It incorporates every type of 'action' you could possibly imagine - searching for Atlantis, advanced technology, prehistoric creatures, ex-military types with big guns, a deadly disease and time travel. I've left several out. Oh, there's a bit of romance of course.

The writing is fast-paced, simple and somewhat clichéd.
The dialogue is fast-paced, simple and somewhat clichéd.

If you are looking for a few hours of entertainment or escapism it's good t
Laura Binkley
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel like people who loved this book must’ve gotten a later edition, and I just got an outline. This story had so much potential to delve deeper into the ancient world, the rich people who wanted to relocate to Atlantis, the relationship between Anders and Riese, the consequences of time travel, the Brotherhood, I could go on. As it stands, I felt like I was watching an episode of a 30 minute sci-fi TV show that didn’t have time to elaborate.
If you want to fun, nuanced, mind-bending sci-fi/ti
Sierra Nevada
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Archaeology and Sci-Fi: Fun read

I enjoyed this book. However, I feel like it didn't go into details enough, like with characters, and history and the cities, etc. It was not a bad book by any means. I studied archaeology in college, and I love history mysteries, so the subject of this book is interesting to me. I just wish there was *more*. Maybe a book 2? The end made it seem like there would be one. I hope there is. This is the first book I've read by this author. Recommend this for a nice qui
tom troyer
Jan 06, 2021 rated it liked it
Interesting idea, not completed.

I found that the Genesis Conspiracy have an interesting premise . Some of the ideas were borrowed while others were new at least to me. The plot involved a man made virus and going back in time to fix it.
I found that there were needed gaps in the story so that there wasn't always a logical progression. The characters needed some filling out and some of the romantic relationships trite. I didn't feel that the plot concluded.
I enjoyed parts of the book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Revelations (Ancient Origins,#1)
  • Let There Be Light (Ancient Origins #3)
  • The Lost Prophet (Ancient Origins #6)
  • Dark Descent (Ancient Origins #2)
  • A Pivot In Time (Alien Artifact Book 2)
  • Genesis (Ancient Origins #4)
  • Oracle
  • The Lost Colony (The Long Winter, #3)
  • Veracity
  • The Tenth Protocol (Ancient Origins #5)
  • The Solar War (The Long Winter, #2)
  • Quantum Time (Quantum, #3)
  • New Eden
  • The Enigma Cube
  • Genome (The Extinction Files, #2)
  • Winter World (The Long Winter, #1)
  • The Arachnid (New Eden #2)
  • Quantum Void (Quantum, #2)

News & Interviews

“Pyrenean hemorrhagic fever or PHF,” Riese told them, her voice registering fear. “Some are calling it the new Spanish flu, others the red death because of the way the infected’s blood oozes from every orifice. Except, unlike the Spanish flu, this one’s spreading much, much faster.” Anders” 0 likes
“sabertooth cat.” 0 likes