Start by marking “Can Your Smartphone Change the World?” as Want to Read:
Can Your Smartphone Change the World?

Can Your Smartphone Change the World?

Can Your Smartphone Change the World? is a twenty-first-century guide for anyone who has access to a smartphone. This how-to manual looks at specific ways you can create social change through the tap of a screen. Filled with examples of successful hashtag campaigns, viral videos and new socially conscious apps, the book provides practical advice for using your smartphone a ...more
Published September 12th 2017 by Orca Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Can Your Smartphone Change the World?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can Your Smartphone Change the World?

Start your review of Can Your Smartphone Change the World?
Dawnie
Aug 06, 2017 rated it liked it
*thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publishers for giving me a free e-copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review!*

This type of book is the hardest book to review and gave star ratings to.
I never know if i should rate it after my personal feelings or the overall worth of the book itself that other readers can get out of it as well as what it means to have this type of book in the world.

So lets just go with the overall middle ground and state this right of the bat:

Its a goo
Daniel
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
This was a pretty quick read- with language that is very straight forward to understand, if not slightly novice in nature, I was able to get through it in one sitting. However, considering the age of the author, it’s certainly not a detriment.

I was intrigued by this book because it is sold to you as “a twenty-first-century guide for anyone who has access to a smartphone” and a “how-to manual [that] looks at specific ways you can create social change through the tap of a screen.”
Of the 8 chapter
Ardith
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, non-fiction
It’s easy to feel helpless with all the dire news coming at us almost every day. Many of the problems seem unsolvable, especially by yourself. Even if you want to make a change, it’s hard to know where to start.

Erinne Paisley has written a book that could be just the ticket to give you or the teens in your life a starting point. Can Your Smartphone Change the World? is filled with inspiring stories of how everyday teens and celebrities have used social media to affect major changes or raise awar
Paul Franco
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m sure people assumed this would be some kinda holistic manual when they saw the title. It’s so much more. What we have instead is the story of a young lady, Erinne Paisley, in western Canada who went viral with her prom dress and used the publicity to make the world better. (It doesn’t hurt that she’s from one of my favorite cities, Victoria.)
She’ll probably blush and deny it if she reads this, but even though the circumstances were different, I’m putting her in the same rarified air as her i
Zara
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to write this review as if I was a member of the target audience for this book (which I imagine are preteens).

The writing itself is very clear to understand, which is important for younger audience members.

The content of the book does a great job empowering students to use social media to promote change. This is an excellent read to give to someone who feels like they are powerless.
Mrs. Jenny Cameron Paulsen
More enjoyable than initially judged.Highly readable and positive approach.
Sinh Nguyen
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read and learn how to put your phone into better uses. Anything shared through social media has the potential to contribute something great to the world.
Kelsey
I LOVE the premise behind this book. What's not to love about making the world a better place? With that being said, I wanted more concrete and specific ways that people could use. It was heavy on examples from her live and celebrities, but a little light on being an applicable guide for students to use.

I talked with a middle school student who read and enjoyed it. It is a nice starting point for students thinking about ways to change the world, and while I wish it offered more guidance, I'm hap

• Been There, Married That
  • Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes Into Stepping Stones for Success
  • The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11
  • A Taste of Sage
  • You Can Heal Your Life
  • The Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear to Faith
  • The Big Finish
  • The School of Greatness: A Real-World Guide to Living Bigger, Loving Deeper, and Leaving a Legacy
  • Stranger in the Lake