Start by marking “Dark Hunt (EMP Lodge #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Hunt (EMP Lodge #2)

Dark Hunt

(EMP Lodge #2)

In the post-apocalyptic aftermath, Megan Wolford is settling in with her makeshift family at the safe haven of their lodge, but she remains wary of trusting others. Despite her growing feelings for Wyatt Morris, the leader of the group, she still feels most secure on her own. But when she becomes separated from her beloved daughter Caitlin in a storm, Megan is in danger of ...more
Published April 13th 2017 (first published April 12th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Hunt

Start your review of Dark Hunt (EMP Lodge #2)
Sandra "Jeanz"
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading and loving Dark Retreat the rest of this series was instantly put onto my "must read" list! So saying I was looking forward to reading Dark Hunt which is Bk2 in the EMP Lodge series is a kind of understatement. Though I had other titles on my kindle to read I felt the pull to purchase Dark Hunt and revisit with the characters I quickly grew to love in Dark Retreat.

So the cover of Dark Hunt is a view from the side rear of the Lodge. We can see the corner of the Lodge with a male fig
Jena
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fast-paced five-star read. The added bonus with these books is that you learn survival tips and tricks that can be used in real-world situations.
I am so glad I discovered this author!
R L
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great read!"

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The fact that there are educational things in it only add to the punch. I absolutely love finding things in this genre that teach me something I didn't know. I just wish the author would write the recipes for herbal medicine and "how to's" on making things out at the end like she did Caitlin's birthday cake. Highly informative. Recommend reading this series for sure!!!!!
Brian's Book Blog
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Good Story With Some Frustration

3.75 out of 5 stars

It's been some time since the EMP* turned out all the lights and threw the world into the dark.  The cabin that everyone is staying in has kept everyone safe and sound for the time being. But now, a routine hunting trip took a turn for the worst when the weather changes and throws Megan and her new friends into a whole new dynamic.

The story in Dark Hunt was pretty enjoyable.  Everything was a little 'typical' for a Post-Apocalyptic book with a
BookLoversLife
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the first book but thought things were a little too easy for Megan, but I still decided to give book 2 a go to see if the series would redeem itself. Well, it did a bit. This one was more tense and action packed, but I still felt... I don't know, everything was, again, still too easy.

Plot wise, it's a lot more fast paced than book 1. Megan and Caitlin decide to go out hunting, but a storm comes in and they fall down a cliff. Megan loses consciousness and when she awakes she realises s
Amy
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
William Pate
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series that keeps you reading all the way to end.... And then to the next book!

I like this series about a very determined mother that would do anything for her child - *spoiler alert* don't read until you finish the book. We've all been there and know the gripping fear of when you can't find your child in the store or playground - your frantic and panicking and praying to God for just one more chance to hold your child... Begging and pleading in your mind and to anyone that will listen - a
sandra duncan
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book

I have often thought of being a prepped in case of something like EMP, of course other than stock piling food, water and the basic first aid kit I really wouldn't know the 1st thing about surviving. Grace Hamilton has opened my eyes and I'm ready to start improving on some skills that could prove invaluable in any situation needed. I just love the characters and the way the book is written. It's been a long time since I've read books like I am these EMP Lodge series books. Turn pag
Coralee Malinich
Feb 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great continuation of the series

While I am intrigued with the storyline, it really bugs me that, there are, so many commas, in totally unnecessary places. Misspellings are expected in these indie books but for crying out loud can’t you use spellcheck? Also, since it appears these books have been out for awhile couldn’t you have someone do some minor editing? May be is one word in the context that is used. Some one likewise is someone. I don’t mean to be rude because your stories show so much im
John A. McLeod
Mar 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent book and very good series.

I've enjoyed the books in this series, but Megan is a bit annoying in that her stubborn insistance on being self reliant keeps putting herself and others in danger. While I understand her attempt to put the problems of her past behind her, she takes it too far. There is a difference between being stubborn, and being ridiculous. There are times she is ridiculous. Over all, I understand why she acts the way she does, but it's time she put it behind her.
Kathy Kraemer
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced story of a pair of survivors;

The two of them fled the chaos of a lawless city in a changed world. They learned when to trust from a group whose mission was survival. This new story has them learning more lessons in trust and survival in a world that doesn't give makeup tests.
Lydia
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

The EMP Lodge Series: Books 1 to 3
by Grace Hamilton and Andrew Tell
Good, but not my favorite – perhaps because the narration was not the best. The authors took time to include now narrow-minded humans can be, instead of everyone always knowing exactly the correct thing to do. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had read it instead of listening to it.
Robert Chapman
Sep 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book in the EMP Lodge series. Unfortunately this book continues in the same fashion of the first - very slow. Thus far each book has focused on a single event in excessive detail.

As I said in my review of the first book, it's not a bad story, but it's a low return on the reader's investment of time.

I'm moving into book 3 tomorrow.
Tina Langford
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The World is a mess

EMP destruction, family that stay together are survivor's. MS. Hamilton is awesome at creating being her characters to life. The story will bring you home for the future, however it will bring reality. Read all Grace Hamilton's series. It will be time we'll spent.
Dec 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
I hated this book; I will not read another book by this author. It is like the author does not know or understand men, or women, or mothers. I guess some people could act like these people in this book, but I have never met those people. Book one was ok. I thought it would get better...no, no, in fact, it got so much worse.
Susie
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Worth Getting Hooked On

Book 2 is wonderful. The pace with which the storyline continues is just right for me. New challenges and new characters are introduced in a way that makes sense. I am about to start the next one. My favorite new character is the Green Woman!
Sheri salyers
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good reading

Just damn good reading.
Retired mother and grandmother struggling to keep us afloat and this series just inspires me. Hopefully the upcoming books will be inexpensive or free on kindle unlimited. I am hooked!
Donna Frasher
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great

Great reading good for those who’ve like preppers stories and feel the same way about being prepared . My hubby and I are trying to be more like this even tho we are in our 70’s.
Adam Mahler
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic book

I'm really enjoying all the characters in this series. I like how close knit they are and they really look like a real family. I see many similarities with many modern families.
Kimberly
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put the book down!

Finished this book in one day because I couldn’t put it down. Interesting characters and great storyline. Apocalyptic with a hint of love story thrown in for good measure! Recommend for all ages.
Katherine A Seibel
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent !

Great story line and I loved and hated the character of Megan....she was annoyingly stronger and courageous to a fault ! But all the characters were full of personality and definitely worked to live and survive Megan....Ha!
Dorie Groff-Brady
Aug 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow !

I thought book 1 was good but book 2 was truly amazing. It keeps the pages turning as you're pulled farther in. I'm really enjoying these books and hope you do too.
On to book 3 and looking forward to what is coming next.
Erin
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

I read all the post apocalyptic fiction or world changing event books I can find, and this series is teaching me new information and skills. Plus, it’s a fun and endearing group of characters. I love it and can’t wait to read more. Thank you Grace Hamilton!
Catherine
Jan 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: aldiko-2020
I liked this one a little better than the first, but I still rolled my eyes frequently. There is one more to go to finish the third free one. It had better be superb, else I will be done with the series.
Elizabeth
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku
I'll be looking for the next one! ...more
marie sullivan
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced very good read

Great writer great book.Fast paced.fun read hard to put down.loved all the characters. Warm friendly family.it could happen.get prepared. Beans and bullets
Billie
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Caitlain

Book 3 kept me on the edge of my seat. New characters added good and bad. I'm really enjoying this series.
Red
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better. I'm kinda into prepping, and along with a wonderful story, it's also given me a lot of things (and miner instructions) to think about in my quest to be a survivor. ...more
Kimberly Owen
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great Story

I love this series! The books flow for easy reading and the characters are well developed. Learning some great survival tips.
Sandra L.
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Page turner

Keeps you wanting to keep reading to find out what to do next. Although I have to admit that Megan sometimes get on my last nerve!

• As Our World Burns (Cyber Apocalypse #3)
  • As Our World Falls (Cyber Apocalypse #2)
  • Wind Shear (Storm's Fury #2)
  • Storm's Fury (Storm's Fury #1)
  • Present Danger (Storm's Fury, #3)
  • Upheaval (Days of Want #5)
  • Jaws of Death (Storm's Fury #4)
  • Uprising (Days of Want #4)
  • Seeking Refuge (Gateway to Chaos #2)
  • Storm Cloud (Storm's Fury #5)
  • Turmoil (Days of Want #3)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • Edge of Anarchy (Edge of Collapse #4)
  • The Farm Book 2 : Behind The Curve (Behind The Curve - The Farm)
  • The Farm Book 1: Behind The Curve (Behind The Curve - The Farm)
  • Chaos Erupts: A Post-Apocalyptic EMP Survival Thriller (Outlaws of the Midwest Book 1)
  • EMP Shelter In Place
  • Fractured Coast (Broken Tide Book 2)
Grace Hamilton is the prepper pen-name for a bad-ass, survivalist momma-bear of four kids, and wife to a wonderful husband. After being stuck in a mountain cabin for six days following a flash flood, she decided she never wanted to feel so powerless or have to send her kids to bed hungry again. Now she lives the prepper lifestyle and knows that if SHTF or TEOTWAWKI happens, she’ll be ready to help ...more

EMP Lodge (7 books)
  • Dark Retreat (EMP Lodge #1)
  • Dark Defiance (EMP Lodge #3)
  • Dark Destruction (EMP Lodge #4)
  • Dark Redemption (EMP Lodge #5)
  • Dark Descends (EMP Lodge)
  • Dark Revival (EMP Lodge #6)

News & Interviews

“She saw it. There was the faintest trail through the woods. The grass and bushes” 0 likes