Start by marking “Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)

Vow of Thieves

(Dance of Thieves #2)

Kazi and Jase have survived, stronger and more in love than ever. Their new life now lies before them―the Ballengers will be outlaws no longer, Tor's Watch will be a kingdom, and the two of them will meet all challenges side by side, together at last.

But an ominous warning mars their journey back, and in their rush to return to Tor's Watch, just outside the fortress walls,
Published August 6th 2019 by Henry Holt

To ask other readers questions about Vow of Thieves, please sign up.
Mighty After finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for…moreAfter finishing this book, it wraps up the story from book 1 very neatly. I don't foresee another in this series. However there is plenty of room for more in the same world. The very ending scene in the book suggest there may be some Chaos being sown in the world, for future sagas.(less)

Start your review of Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #2)
Irina
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE BOOK FROM THIS YEAR

"Vow of Thieves" was my most anticipated release of this year and I wasn't disappointed. It was perfection. Everything that I was expecting and more. The story, the characters, the plot, the writing style, the ROMANCE...it was so good. I don't even have words to describe it. I don't know how I will recover after reading this book because my heart is torn in pieces.
Mary E Pearson knows how to write a book. You should definetly go and read it. I
Helena of Eretz ✰
PERFECTION.

I loved this book. I have absolutely no complaints and I hope that Mary E. Pearson plans to write more books in this fantastic world that she’s created. I’m going to miss Jase and Kazi SO MUCH. I stand by my opinion that Pearson is the most underrated author in YA. You're all sleeping on her brilliance and it's a bloody shame. :(

RTC
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Well, that was quite lovely!

Mel
Candace Robinson
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the Kiss of Deception novels and the first book in this duology spinoff was great too! So my question was, how would this second book end? And applause, applause! Because it was very well done!

Reading the dual POVs from Jase and Kazi were both awesome! I loved and cared for them rather equally, which is usually a hard concept for me! I generally prefer one character over the other!

In this story, intense stuff goes down and it had my pulse racing! Without giving too much away,
Cheryl
Sep 28, 2018 marked it as to-read
August 2019. WHY DID I READ DANCE OF THIEVES NOW????

7/12/19 - I DO NOT want to rush a chunk of summer away, BUT, less than a month!!!!
arini ★彡
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
#1 dance of thieves — 5 stars
#2 vow of thieves — 5 stars

i'm so overwhelmed with emotions. all of them culminating to one, indescribable something. the one that feels like you just walk through the gates of heaven after braving a rollercoaster journey through hell.

the ending had me sobbing from tears of happiness. i know this is such a generic response readers tend to have upon finishing a beloved book. but i spoke of the truth.

i was greedy when i was reading it. it felt like i was soaking it
Stacee
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading and devouring Dance of Thieves, I started Vow as soon as I got it in my greedy hands.

I love love love Kazi and Jase. I love how they’re strong on their own, but even better and stronger together. I love their banter and sweet swoons and basically everything between them.

Plot wise, man...I wasn’t ready at all. This is a roller coaster of kissing and fighting and stabbing and explosions and treachery. Throw in a couple of surprising reveals and character appearances and I didn’t know
Grace
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vow of Thieves was a page turning, thrilling, captivating and thoroughly engaging read; I enjoyed every second of it.
A complete face-off between good as evil with the least expected person as the vilest and most formidable villain, actually it was more like an alliance of villains. It took a lot of scheming, new alliances, even some losses but eventually good defeats evil.
Then there is our heroine, Kazi, she is loyal, fearless, relentless and stands up for what is right even when it’s painful
Sahitya
It’s been almost an year since I read and adored Dance of Thieves and I have been eagerly waiting to know what’s going happen next in the story of Kazi and Jase. And I’m so happy to be back in the Remnant universe to finish this amazing duology.

I have been in awe of Mary’s writing since the beginning of The Kiss of Deception and one of the main reasons is the masterful world building. The way the author describes the journey the characters take across different landscapes and the various hiding
Avy  (Book Looney) ❄️

Me finishing the last couple of chapters of this heart breaking book.

Not only did Mary Pearson give me an advanced reader's copy at YALLWEST, she did it with the intention of breaking my heart, because that's exactly what this book did. IT BROKE MY HEART.

Why was this book so precious? Well let's count the ways, shall we?

1. The writing
2. The beautiful OTPs
3. The powerful, strong, independent heroines
4. Those fight scenes (my God they were amazingly written)
5. The fact that she brought back all
Nia •ShadesOfPaper•
You can find this review on my blog Shades of Paper.

“Will you teach us how to fly?
No. I will teach you other things. Things that will keep you alive.”

I’m so glad I decided to re-read Dance of Thieves before diving into this one, because it made my whole reading experience to a whole another level. There were a lot of important details that were pretty important in this installment that I didn’t remember, and so going into Vow of Thieves with a fresh memory was a great idea. And oh my god, I’
Morgan
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
STUNNING

I’m being completely honest when I say Mary E. Pearson is one of the most underrated authors who deserve 10x the recognition she is currently receiving. Both Dance of Thieves and Vow of Thieves were both artfully thought out and I genuinely can not describe how amazing Pearson’s writing skills are. Everything to the plot from the characters were perfect. Aspiring authors and let's be honest, everyone should read this book - it will blow you away with its brilliance.
Liza Wiemer
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal.

This pretty much covers the emotional roller coaster:

And...

Now what are you waiting for? Go read it!
Mary H
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2019:
Wow. That just destroyed my feels, and I lovex every minute.

2018:
I must have it.
Christine Manzari
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was absolute perfection. I fell even more in love with Jace and Kazi...and the entire Ballenger clan.
Shelley
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*Source* Publisher
*Genre* Young Adult, Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Vow of Thieves, by author Mary E. Pearson, is the finale to the Dance of Thieves duology. This series takes place in the same universe as the authors Remnant Chronicles. The story start off few weeks after Dance of Thieves ended with Kazimyrah of Brightmist/Rahtan, and Jase Ballenger, Patrei of Tor's Watch, returning to Tor's Watch with wonderful news from Lia, the Queen of Venda. Jase once her prisoner, is now her lover. Kazi
Erin Arkin
Ahhhhhh so good!! I don't even know what else to tell you.

I love this series and I am so sad that Kazi and Jase's story is over...at least in writing, right?!? Mary Pearson somehow knows exactly what I am looking for in a YA fantasy and I can't even put into coherent words how much I loved this book - It was everything I was hoping for.

This book has everything - action, danger, swoons, family, friendships...and so much more!! If you haven't started yet, you are missing out and I don't even know
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Another 5 Star read and if I could give it more...I certainly would!

Again, I was lost in the pages with these characters that were developed perfectly...the world building spot on and the writing...I can only compare it to prose...it was smooth, flowing, without any holes!

Perfect book...and the ending? Is it open for more? Maybe a new spinoff?

I'll definitely keep my eyes open for more from Ms. Pearson.
Gaby
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't think Mary E. Pearson is capable of writing a book I won't love. The second half of Jase and Kazi's story was just as compelling and exciting as the first half. Such a solid, exciting, lush, and delightful fantasy - perfect for fans of Marie Rutkoski, Tamora Pierce, and Robin LaFevers.
Kori Sulewski (_livelaughread)
This was the most perfect conclusion, I flew through it so quickly.
Jessica {Litnoob}
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary E Pearson has done it again. She has wrecked my whole heart. I knew from previous experience with her that this book would hurt me but shit, not this much. Reviewing this is harder because it’s whole plot is based on the ending of book one exploding lol so no spoilers but I can say a few things.

One, Kazi and Jase were still amazing and I loved them even more. Their growth and resilience was everything. The politics get even more intense and the risks are bigger then ever. Also the entire
Esmay
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
"I have two arms but not a bone, I can’t be hurt with knife or stone.
I have a head but lack a face, I don’t need eyes to match your pace.
I’m shifty, a thief, a trick of the eyes, My robes are made of mystery and lies.
I am short, I am thin, I am monstrous and tall, But when midnight comes, I am nothing at all"

4 Stars.

This book was really good, but Dance of Thieves was my favourite. I loved the intrigue of this book and also the big plot twists and revelations, it was really cool and
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own. Any quotes I use are from an unpublished copy and may not reflect the finished product.

I absolutely loved this book! Vow of Thieves made me furious at times, and pretty much every other emotion a person can feasibly feel, but it was well worth it in the end. I wasn't mad at the book itself, but at some of the characters and their impulsive decisions. However, I also understood their reasons
Joshee Kun (조수아)
Thank you, Macmillan, for giving me an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

The queen once told me there were a hundred ways to fall in love. Maybe there were a hundred ways to find and give forgiveness, too. I think I had already found a few of them.

I practically have nothing negative to say about this book. Mary E. Pearson is one of my go-to or auto-buy authors because she consistently crafts stories with inspiring characters, rich world-building, and meaningful themes. The only
Andi (Andi's ABCs)
This review was originally posted on Andi's ABCs

I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Reading a book that culminates 5 years of reading is always terrifying. A lot is riding on it. Expectations are high and so are emotions. That is why I was scared to read Vow of Thieves, but I was wrong to be. It was exactly what this story needed and my favorite book by Mary Pearson.

Vow of Thieves picks up where
Jade Edge
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Sometimes you have to remind yourself that you’re not powerless. That you have some measure of control. Maybe that’s what makes you brave enough to face another day.”
Joee (booksandacupofjoee)
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After falling in love with Kazi and Jase in Dance of Thieves, I was so excited to see how their journey ends and oh boy did this turn out to be such an amazing conclusion to their story.

Right away, it was packed with intense action and it just kept going. I tried to pace myself while reading because I wasn't ready to say goodbye. But it was definitely hard to put down.

While I still think the first one is my fav because honestly it's hard to beat that one. This was fantastic. There were times I
Milena
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Vow of Thieves is a very satisfying conclusion to the Dance of Thieves duology. Just like the first book, it has plenty of action, adventure, swoon, and political intrigue. I enjoyed being back in this universe and revisiting all the characters. Mary E. Pearson has created rich and fascinating world with her Remnant Chronicles, I cannot wait to see what she will write next.

*ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Last year I read Dance of Thieves and there was no question that I would be coming back for the next installment in this series and here it is! Finally!

It took me a quick minute to remember the details of the previous book and get back into the groove of this series but the author did a good job of giving me reminders to jog my memory. I'm so glad the book started off with Jase and Kazi together so I had that solid relationship foundation to kick things off. It really helped with all the crazy

• Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • The Lady Rogue
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Traitor's Ruin (The Traitor's Circle, #2)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • The Girl the Sea Gave Back (Sky in the Deep, #2)
  • The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
Mary E. Pearson is the NYT bestselling and award-winning author of eleven YA novels and one novella. Her works include the completed trilogy, The Remnant Chronicles, which in a starred review, Publisher’s Weekly called “masterfully crafted.” Her favorite activities as a child were climbing tall trees imagining she was a hero in some fantastical world, or running along fence tops and roofs ...more

Dance of Thieves (2 books)
  • Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)