Start by marking “The Wanderer (The Sin Bin, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wanderer (The Sin Bin, #1)

(The Sin Bin #1)

When life kicks a wanderer in the bollocks, all he can do is fight for his life.

Bad boy BC Brooks screwed up his lifelong dream of being captain of the English national rugby team. Lost and confused, he hides from his failures until an unexpected inheritance forces him to make a change.

Graham Hodson lives for travel, adventure, and one-night stands. Wanderlust rules his
Published April 29th 2017 by Hot Tree Publishing (first published April 8th 2017)

Start your review of The Wanderer (The Sin Bin, #1)
Lost in a Book
3.5 Stars

I’ll start this off by warning everyone that although this is the first book in the series, there is another book, After the Scrum, that provides more of a backstory with the supporting characters and even introduces Graham. It would have been nice to understand the backstory for some of their friends but I don’t feel my reading experience was affected by not starting there.

The very beginning of The Wanderer starts off with a bang. Literally…err, or a “wank.” The MCs are at a wedding
Cadiva
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two utterly brilliant characters find themselves unexpectedly in love

This second entry in The Sin Bin series was a real mix of emotions, from laughter and shared love of British classic comedy through to fears over the future.

It works brilliantly though, as BC and Graham find that dealing with a life changing experience tends to focus the mind on what's really important.

All the usual suspects from After The Scrum also make an appearance and there's a few characters introduced who I expect we'll
Don Bradshaw
Dahlia is my new favorite author! I can totally identify with Graham. I fell in love with both men right off the bat and laughed with them right to the very end. BC and Graham felt so real both in their awkward love and snark. It's a beautiful, honest look at a refreshing romance.
Nat ReadingAllNite
4.5 impressed Stars

I read an ARC from this author and enjoyed it, so looking to find a book with Rugby involved, I was delighted to find she wrote some! I kind of wish I’d known “After the Scrum” was related but I had no trouble falling into the story. This was an amazing journey for two men who first meet anonymously, engaging in mutual handies in a closet at Graham’s best friend’s wedding. I loved these characters so hard, including all of the secondary figures. This was such a smooth
Abbey's Fully Booked
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
I have been looking forward to this book since Dahlia first announced it was coming - maybe even before that. After meeting Graham in After the Scrum, I was most definitely intrigued to find out more about the illusive wanderer that he was.

So, sweet of I go starting this book, thinking that it is just gonna be another two guys meeting through mutual acquaintances and having a bit of fun not realizing it is turning in to more.. and then BANG the rug is pulled out from under me and circumstances
~lil maso~
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy hell! I have been picking some bloody heart-wrenching stories of late! This one I even lost my reading buddy, Ang on this one so I am honored to be guest reviewing over on the incredible blog, PNR Book Lover Reviews.

This is my first Dahlia book, and despite my red eyes and sever missing of the U.K, thanks Dahlia, I really did enjoy it and have been told I should really read 'After the Scrum' to get my Caddock-fix. Perhaps my next read.

Regardless of looking the same as his twin, Graham is
books are love
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The feels from this book is more than words. These two men will have you in knots. they are so funny and kind. But they are sweet and adorable as well.

BC and Graham both don’t want relationships. One due to the past and the other feeling he just isn’t meant for them. So what happens? One wedding, one closet and not being able to forget each other.

BC is gruff and sweet. He is the one that no matter what shows Graham he can depend on him and is there for him. The one that is lost and twisting in
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

I wasn't so sure about this book when I first started reading it. The first scene, The Prologue, takes place at Graham's twin brother, Rupert's, wedding. In the first couple of pages the author mentions/references like about 5 or 6 people, and I was ready to close the book. It was confusing, but once we get past the first couple of chapters we begin to not only learn who some of these people are, but the focus of the story turns towards the main characters. I looked at Goodreads and
Barb ~rede-2-read~
I'm so impressed by this author! This is the second story on my list in my quest to read all her books, yes, ALL her books. Her characters are real people, real honest, down-to-earth, fallible people. And once I read After the Scrum I spotted this series, which just happened to be enjoyed by several of my GR friends who have a similar taste in books so I was in.

BC Brooks, former rugby player, is running a B&B he inherited that's been in his family for years. With the help of a housekeeper
Joyfully Jay
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

This novel was really incredibly romantic and tender. There wasn’t this sense of insta-love, but rather a real connection with another person who just seemed to fit and who complemented the other. The author doesn’t sugar coat Graham’s problems, nor does she offer up some instant solutions. Instead, what is laid out is a true struggle that will alter the trajectory of Graham and BC’s lives forever. But there is so much love—so much care and tenderness along with
Socially Book Nerd
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I definitely had lots of tears with this one. you are drawn into the characters and their life. BC is an ex rogby player and friends with Craddock, from previous books. Meeting Gram at Fransis and Craddock's wedding BC immediately takes a liking to the ginger and they have an explosive wedding hookup... but soon after Graham takes off on one of his adventures, leaving behind a confused and longing BC. Drawn together by fate and the help of a medlilig editor BFF, they start to fall for each ...more
Coco.V
Jul 23, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (7/23/2019)!
Mateo
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another rugby player, just the bonus I need.
Bobbi Wagner
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Wanderer (The Sin Bin Book 1) by Dahlia Donovan is the first book in The Sin Bin series. This is the first M/M story I have ever read and I am excited to read more from this author and more of this gene. This story will take you on a roller coaster ride of emotions anything from anger to sadness. You will enjoy how the author has created characters that you will fall in love with and be able to relate to. You will also enjoy how these characters connect with each other. Some of the ...more
~lil maso~
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This is my first Dahlia book, and despite my read eyes and sever missing of the U.K, thanks Dahlia, I really did enjoy it and have been told I should really read 'After the Scrum' to get my Caddock-fix. Perhaps my next read.

Regardless of looking the same as his twin, Graham is
Winks
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone!
The Wanderer by Dahlia Donovan this is an amazing 5 star book! I loved this book! This is my first book by Dahlia and it will not be my last. I love the writing style and her emotions that she instilled into the characters. The Wanderer is about Graham Hodson who is an all about adventure! He is constantly on the go. He has never let a person or place tie him down. That is until he meets BC and is given news that shocks his world. Is the wanderer grounded or will he ever be able to fly again?
BC
Steff
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Wanderer (The Sin Bin #1) by Dahlia Donovan
Graham Hodson lives for adventure. His entire life has revolved around his obsessive wanderlust. His inner fear of staying in one place or being with one person for too long has kept him on the go. The last thing he expects is a sudden diagnosis to ground his travel—permanently.

Boyce “BC” Brooks has screwed up his lifelong dream of being the captain of the English national rugby team. He’s lost everything. When his uncle leaves him an inn and a dog
Kandis
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
By Dahlia Donovan
**5 Stars**

The Wanderer by Dahlia Donovan is Book One in The Sin Bin series. This is my first M/M novel/ Series, although I have read a few Novellas in this genre. This book made me laugh, cry, blush and smile! This Book also made me want to travel and experience some of the wanderlust the destinations held! They were so beautiful and Donovan does an amazing job giving detailed descriptions!

In this book, we follow Graham and BC through exciting and loving journey!
United Indie Book Blog
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reviewer: Lindsey
Rating: 3.5

This was one of those books that I just could not get into. I did manage to finish the story but it took me a little while longer than usual. I don’t know if it was the characters or the plot but something was missing for me . I did not think the writing was horrible or did not flow I just didn’t feel a connection to the story. The characters were a little one dimensional to me. There was just something missing between the characters. I think I just couldn’t see the
Maura
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Wanderer by Dahlia Donovan – The Sin Bin Book One– 4 Stars

A note before I begin my review. I look forward to the day when we no longer need to classify a good story as “gay literature” or “m/m” and can just go into a story not caring about sexual orientation or pronouns and just read. I think we are getting closer, I HOPE we are getting closer. (Jumping off my soap box now)

This is the romance of Graham and BC. Graham and BC are both strong men who have shied away from relationships for
ItaPixie
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This was a nice,smooth read until it broke my heart and even if I wasn't expecting that at all I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Graham and BC met at a wedding but their first encounter is so unforgettable to make them nervous when they meet again months later.They are not ready for a long term relationship but the fate will stick them together and we will see their self growing and self discovery chapter after chapter.

"Love is like the perfect Summer day in London.It's never guaranteed,always worth
Kaye
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved After the Scrum, which meant I had to pre-order this book. I wasn't the most patient whilst waiting for it though. I'm so glad Dahlia Donovan has started what I hope will be a series.

The sadness flowing through this book had you rooting for Graham and Boyce and I'm so pleased that they found their HEA, after Graham having to deal with stomach cancer.

This may only be a novel but to know of someone losing their battle with this same disease made it a difficult read but it was worth it.
Pianka *call me PIU*
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars

The Wanderer is the first book in the Sin-bin series by Dahlia Donovan. The MCs here are Graham Hodson, a ginger-haired travel writer, whose wanderlust never allows him to stay in one place for a long time and Boyce “BC” brooks, a gorgeous hulk, former rugby-player who is completely smitten with our ginger-wanderer.

The story is mainly set in Cornwall where the MCs meet for the first time through mutual acquaintances. After a very brief and naughty interlude in a coat closet during a
Angela
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

The Wanderer is the first book in The Sin Bin Series by Dahlia Donovan. This is a M/M- contemporary romance and heart-achingly beautiful story.
This is my first Dahlia Donovan book, and I am really impressed with her writing prowess. She has a natural, easy and witty style to her writing…. And, she obviously has a real flare for writing emotional stories- because this book wrung every emotion out of me and left me wreaked. I was adrift in her beautiful story and was being battered by an
Mainely Stories
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc, ibbb
There is no easy way from earth to the stars. The Wanderer
A story so big and emotional that you will find yourself holding your breath, crying, smiling and sometimes laughing. This is not a story of two different guys who sweetly and surprisingly fall in love but more a story of guys not so different who somehow find their way to each other although talking about their feelings isn't comfortable for either.
Graham, a twin, is the wanderer traveling around the world as a photographer. He has a
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Wanderer by Dahlia Donovan is book 1 in The Sin Bin series. It is also my first time reading this author’s work. I can honestly say that I have never laughed that hard or that long while reading a book. The Wanderer was terrifically humorous, although sometimes a little sad.

While is was crazy funny, the book wasn’t a deeply emotional one. The characters were not overly affectionate, nor were there constant confessions of love. I have not read a book written quite like this and have it still
Francis
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“We’re not in a soppy romance novel, are we?”

The Wanderer is the first book in Dahlia Donovan’s The Sin Bin series. It’s a wonderful story that takes the main characters, Graham and BC, from an impulsive and non-committal encounter in a dark closet to a friendship and romance that challenges both of their determinations not to fall in love.

The characters are great - very well developed and simultaneously loveable and relatable. I suppose for me it helps that Graham and BC have similar tastes in
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
Dahlia Donovan

I'm going to be really honest with this review and admit that when I started this book I had never read a M/M based story before and after a few pages I had to put it down as I didn't think I could read it. I didn't have a problem with the subject my issue was with every book I've read I could always relate to the characters but found I really struggled to get into Graham and BC not because this book was badly written (because it's one of the best laid out books I've
Angelina
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wanderer by Dahlia Donovan is book 1 of her Sin Bin series and can be read as standalone.

Graham doesn't do commitment and also doesn't like to remain in one place for too long, so travelling the world for work and having casual hookups along the way suits him perfectly. After having to cut short his latest expedition, Graham receives unexpected news and has to face the possibility of his life changing forever. When BC offers to help and support him, Graham's confused because why would anyone
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Proud (DC Pride #1)
  • Harlan's Ryde (Synchronous Seductions, #1)
  • Savor Me (Kitchen Gods #3)
  • Rewind (Rewind #1)
  • Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing #1)
  • Shrewd Angel
  • Flash Rip
  • More Than Christmas (Michigan Seasons #1)
  • Love Happens Anyway
  • Finch's Song
  • Mr. Jaguar
  • Finding Finn (Wolf's Mate, #1)
  • Cutting It Close (Code of Honor #1)
  • Pride & Protection (Southern Boys #2)
  • Double or Nothing (Double Trouble #1)
  • Robby (Cooper Construction, #3)
  • Yours For The Holiday
  • Scarification (Irons and Works #6)
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

The Sin Bin (7 books)
  • The Caretaker (The Sin Bin, #2)
  • The Botanist (The Sin Bin, #3)
  • The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)
  • The Unexpected Santa (The Sin Bin, #5)
  • The Lion Tamer (The Sin Bin, #6)
  • Haka Ever After (The Sin Bin, #7)