Start by marking “The Path Keeper (The Indigo Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Path Keeper (The Indigo Chronicles, #1)

The Path Keeper

(The Indigo Chronicles #1)

What if every coincidence was a tiny miracle? What if our life was already mapped out before birth? What if someone had the power to change the path we were destined to follow?

Ella hates her new life in London, she misses Spain and she’s struggling to get over her past until she meets Zac. He has always loved her but he isn’t meant to be part of Ella’s story. N
Paperback, 1st edition, 378 pages
Published February 23rd 2017 by Accent Press Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Path Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Path Keeper

Start your review of The Path Keeper (The Indigo Chronicles, #1)
Barbie
Feb 25, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf

My thoughts in a nutshell
This book is a weird child of Twilight (without vampire) x Fallen. Or you breed your own favorite popular YA books and you get this. (With a way worse edition) I like the YA genre - one of my main genre - but I can't force myself to read through The Path Keeper so I DNF it at 30%. Unfortunately, this author isn’t for me.

The story is about...
You know this! An average girl Ella (LOL) meets a sexy guy Zac and everything changes.

What I like 😊
Hard question.
I love the cover. Yep, the cover is pretty coochanges.
me.
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
So here I go with my review N.J.!

When I began to read “The Path Keeper” I was sure that I’d get a typical young adult story. Super-hot guy meets nice girl and they kind of hit it off!

Oh boy, was I wrong!! ! XD
I got so much more than I bargained for! ;-)

Yes, there is a love story between Ella and Zac and yes they hit it off and immediately fall in love
BUT
that’s definitely not the entire story! Oh no!
The story is so much more complex than that and the longer I read
Aneela ♒the_mystique_reader♒

The story started with a chatterbox girl, Ella, who met a stranger, Zac, on her way to home. He was stalking/waiting for her there. Zac is an angel whose duty is to keep Ella on track so that she meets her fate every time. At first, this story reminds me of The Adjustment Bureau which I really liked. Sadly, this book wasn't anything like it.

Ells is rich and pretty but she has no one she can call a true friend. Her mom married a business man and Ella moved in with them. She met Zac and couldn't stop her
Brittany
Feb 27, 2019 rated it did not like it

1 Star

While the storyline was compelling-I just cant do it....

I wanted so bad to finish this because something about it made it a little intriguing - but not nearly enough.
Issues I had:
*I had no idea what audience this was meant for- it appears to be a YA but reads like something else..
*The characters were not really likable and never really seem to have a purpose they kind of just do things for the sake of doing them and it was weird.
*There are religious undertones but in my opinion,
Eliza
DNF @ 22%

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to review this. Unfortunately, the writing and story is a little young for me and I'm not interested at all. Therefore, I will leave the rating blank since I didn't read enough for a proper review or rating.
Imi (Imi Reviews Books)
DNF @ 75%

Okay, so I have literally put this down right this second and I’m still mad. But we’ll get to that.

The premise is that angels are on earth to ensure that humans stick to their fate, but they aren’t meant to interact with them. But uh, oh, Zac spoke to Ella and they fell in love and now shit is going down. Nothing massively original but also could make for an intriguing urban fantasy with a strong romance element.

The writing was pretty good and I found it intrigu
Christine Sandquist (eriophora)
***This ARC was provided by BHC Press in exchange for an honest review***

This review and others can be found on my blog, Black Forest Basilisks.

Execution: ⭐
Enjoyment: ⭐

Key Descriptors: YA, YA romance, fantasy, self-insert romance

Premise: Ella, daughter of multimillionaire hotel-owning parents, meets a mysterious boy and immediately falls in love. Mysterious Boy keeps making excuses not to be with her, thus making her love him even more. You see, Ella is
Leeya
Jan 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, dnf, fantasy, 2019
First the good news: This book is a fast read. If you make it through. Which I didn’t.

So, the book consists of two stories. (At least as far as I read.)
The first story takes place in the past and I found it quite engaging. The writing style was quite good: some imagery, foreshadowing, and I could identify with the protagonists and was rooting for them despite knowing in advance that their tale was a tragic one.

Now the bad news:
The second story, which is the main story, takes pl/>Now
Grace ᵔᴥᵔ
Jul 11, 2017 marked it as to-read
Pre-Reading 7/11/17
This reminds me of The Adjustment Bureau and I'm totally down with imagining Zac as Matt Damon
Evelina | AvalinahsBooks
I'm so conflicted about The Path Keeper – it's an okay book, and yet I struggled to get through the first half of it. Might be personal reasons, really – so I'll try to lay out all of my complicated feels about it! Read the full review here:

Who The Book Is For And Who It Isn't For

- The Path Keeper is based on a reincarnational idea of life. If you’re not comfortable with that, it’s not for you

- If you’re Christian and
Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔
description

description

DNF at 10%

unfortunatly, i was unable to get hooked in this. though i know i only got into this at 10%, it reminded me to much of not only Hush, Hush, but of Fallen with a bit of Teardrop and there is so much time left in life to read something to much like others you were super dissapointed in.

normally i would rate my dnf's but i don't feel the need to with this one as my dnfing this speaks more than volumes.

i wish the author all the best and hope that other readers might like this more than i.

[insert shrugging gif] - cause my computer
Liz
Jun 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy, romance
At first glance, a romantic YA title which centres around forbidden love that spans centuries yet quickly becomes controversial by making use of content that requires a trigger warning.

I took a chance with this title and personally, I quite enjoyed it, trigger warnings and all. Admittedly, whilst The Path Keeper does not tread on paths and plots wholly new, the spin on fallen angels and the unrelated to the romantic aspect of the story conflict was interesting! And maybe that’s what
Gabriel Lea
I kindly received an arc from the author for review. I loved the concept of The Path Keeper. It’s the story of unrequited love over thousands of years. Zac has watched and loved Ella throughout countless lifetimes, sometimes tasked with supporting her through her hardships in various lives, but mostly doomed to love her from afar… until now.

The story is set in modern day London where we meet 18 year old Ella, in all of her brashness, abusing a rude bus driver. Enter Zac, who approaches her and
Shalini
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book which blurred the lines between fantasy and contemporary. The author N. J. Simmonds, with her words, has taken a belief and woven it into a fantasy. Something I would call as a deconstructed faith mixed with a vivid portrayals of fantasy. Add to it a dash of mystery and a saga of romance lasting through all our 1000 reincarnated lives, you would have the true Path Keeper.

Zac and Ellie, the two main characters, who met in this life. One was celestial, the other earthly. One kept
Ari
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 oddly disappointing stars

Huh, for a book that started as well as this did, I'm immensely disappointed by the ending. The story was so intriguing at the beginning, and then even I'm not sure where it took a turn for worse.. But let's trace back to all the things that the book did wrong, shall we?

1. CHARACTER CONSISTENCY: This is something that I feel the book suffered with. There was zero consistency in the character actions and motivations. They were mostly abrupt for the sake of being abr2.5
Wendy
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Path Keeper by NJ Simmonds has to be my favourite book one of a series I have ever read! What I don’t understand is why this novel hasn’t blown off the shelves like Twilight, The Hunger Games or Harry Potter! It deserves to be a book on everyone’s book shelf!! It is so amazing that words can’t describe how wonderful it is!!

This is NJ Simmonds debut novel with two more novels for the series.

I don’t even want to write anything for for this review because is one that you need to experience go
Moony MeowPoff
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This ARC' was given to be in exhange for a honest review at Netgalley from BCH Press and N.J Simmons.

This review can also be found at my blog Moony MeowPoff's book blog

When I first jumped into The Path keeper I had no idea what i was going in for. But as soon as I meet Ella I was sold, she has a mouth like a sailor and face like an angel. I Freaking love it. She’s just herself and that’s amazing. I’ve come to love that Zac calls her Rivers, but kept wondering why he seemed to know her so
Janne Janssens
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ebook provided by the publisher through NetGally in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

It took me a while to put my thoughts about this book in order. From the start I found the concept of reincarnation and life paths that cross each other very interesting, but that didn't mean that I got dragged into the story immediately.

I struggled with liking the main characters. In my opinion, Ella and Zac are overdramatic. As
Phoenix Tier
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I’m writing this review with tears streaming down my face.
If you’re looking for a roller coaster of emotions I’d highly suggest this book.

From start to finish I was on this amazing journey where I followed a girl fall in love and go through all the feelings you do when you’re in love for the first time. Except this wasn’t your typical love story. Without giving too much away, the main character still has her challenges in life but they’re not exactly what you think they’d be.

N J Simmonds has
Cindee
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this even though it had some tough topics and was a emotional rollercoaster I was hooked from the very beginning and I really want more now. I really loved the characters especially Ella and Zac I really liked the bits of other characters though time it was all written so well. I really loved the story all of it I really liked the urban fantasy and the angel stuff I really enjoy fiction about angels. This story was so very emotionally charged and I really want to read more so hopefully t ...more
Olga Mecking
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The only thing I knew about this book was that it was a love story with fantasy elements. And it was that and more. "The Path Keeper" will surprise you with every turn of the page, and leaves you wanting more. Ella is my favorite character in the whole book: she is smart, she is funny and she loves to swear, preferably in Spanish. So much more interesting than Twilight's boring Bella. And I usually enjoy books where different stories come together in all kinds of unexpected ways. This is exactly ...more
Tina Yngvesson
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down. The Path Keeper kept me up till 3am and I went to bed wanting more. Layer upon layer upon layer of time and space, leaving the reader wondering and never wanting it to end.
It's a book of adventure, of life and of memories, of time lost and gained, of people and of experience and essentially, of love. Your new Netflix addiction is what it is. Ella leaves you mesmerized whilst Zac leaves you bewildered - so basically, it's chocolate for your soul.
I got my hands on an adva
Emily Bowers
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of The Path Keeper, and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. It's marketed towards the young adult market, which I'm most definitely not, so don't let this put you off! The book, which is part one of a trilogy, jumps between time periods, which could be confusing, but NJ Simmonds manages to bring them seemlessly together. A must read
Natalie.L.
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was going to be another typical YA love story but boy was I wrong. I absolutely loved the story line it kept surprising me all the way through. I loved the characters and how they all interlinked with each other overtime. I really would recommend this book to everyone
Antonella's book world
4 STARS

YOU CAN ALSO FIND THIS REVIEW ON MY BLOG https://antonellasbookworld.blogspot....

It was good, I enjoyed the story.
For unknown reasons, I've always been fascinated by angels and such, this urban fantasy novel was everything in that sense. There is everything you could think of regarding angels and reincarnation. I've always been very interested in the idea of two lovers finding each other in different lives and the idea of reincarnation, the paths we choose, the fact that our lives are already chosen before our births and everything.
Sam
Apr 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, thank you to the publisher, author and NetGalley for the eARC in exchange for an honest opinion.

TW: incest, rape, religion, attempted suicide

Bechdel: No

The Path Keeper is a book that I was holding out relatively mediocre hopes for, but unfortunately they haven’t been met. The book starts out with a nice trigger warning:

“The Path Keeper is a work of fiction but features potentially upsetting themes including sexual abuse, death and mental health issu/>The
Meghan
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: need-to-buy
Brilliant!

Once in awhile I like to dip my toe into the world of Fantasy and I am always a sucker for a good romance/true love story, you know the ones that fill your head with hearts and leave you breathless as the words describe two souls connecting forever. If you are like me than this book is definitely for you!

The story of Ella and Zac, are they meant to spend their forever together?

The creativity that went into weaving this story and the way the different lives connected over
Jessy
Mar 21, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF at 34%

I didn't care fot the characters, the romance, the plot or anything else.

The characters are annoying, dumb and childish.

The protagonist is a special snowflake. She thinks she's not like others.

[...] she wasn't like the others- she never had been.

There's a weird case of insta-love and I hate it.

But they wouldn't understand; it sounded too weird.

(That's because it is weird, Ella. That guy is weird and his behaviour should concern you.)
/>/>
Siobhán
Jan 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I am very sorry to say that this was the worst book I have read in a while. Maybe this can be explained by the following passage from the Author's Note: "[B]ut please remember that although the series taps into religion, history and esoteric/theological debates...it's not to be taken too seriously. Ultimately, it's an urban fantasy love story and a bit of fun." Yet I did not think it was a particularly good romance, f
Chana Warents
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found The Path Keeper a deep, moving and magical reading experience. I was blown away by it; it's so different to the usual sort of book I enjoy reading; yet still immensely enjoyable.

N.J. Simmonds took me on a turbulent journey with all her characters and their experiences; I travelled through different time periods with them, saw them experiencing all sorts of unexpected tests and trials together, and read with genuine interest how they fared throughout them all. A lot of times,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Shadow Frost (Shadow Frost, #1)
  • Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • Hazel and Holly
  • The Living God (The Living God, #1)
  • Ever Alice
  • David Mogo, Godhunter
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir, #1)
  • The Red Labyrinth
  • Never-Contented Things
  • The Death Of Jessica Ripley (Eddie Collins #5)
  • Scars Like Wings
  • The Devil's Own (Murphy's Law, #1)
  • Queen of Sea and Stars (Daughter of Light and Shadows, #2)
  • No Place Like Here
  • Tiger Queen
  • Smoke and Key
  • The Life of Death
  • How to Fracture a Fairy Tale: 2
Natali Drake is an accredited member of The Society of Authors and writes as N J Simmonds. She is a freelance brand consultant and writer and has had her work published in various UK newspapers, websites and publications including The Mother Book. In 2015 she co-founded The Glass House Girls, an online magazine for women who need to be heard. Originally from North London, Natali now divides her ti ...more

The Indigo Chronicles (2 books)
  • Son of Secrets (The Indigo Chronicles, #2)